Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,596 members, 7,781,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 02:28 AM

Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau (35804 Views)

Governor Yahaya Bello Divorces Hafiza, His 3rd Wife. Honoured By Women Group / Eyo Charles To Be Honoured By The Sha’aya’u S-Pawa Foundation After FFK's Insult / Abdullahi Abubakar Maiwanka Flees With Mace In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by CastedDude: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2018
The United States has honoured the septuagenarian Imam Abdullahi Abubakar who saved about 300 Christians from attackers in Nghar Yelwa village of Barkin Ladi local government of the Plateau state. The cleric was recognised and honoured at an event organised by the US embassy in Jos as Nigerians were urged to emulate the cleric's gesture. 

The Imam saved about 300 persons on June 24 when suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded about 15 communities in the Barkin Ladi LGA, killing over 200 persons.

The people, mainly Christians, were said to be fleeing from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi LGA when the Imam hid them in his house and mosque.

“I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the mosque and hid them there,” Imam Abubakar had stated.

However, the assailants caught up with the Imam, forcefully demanding that he release those who were Christians in the mosque.

But the cleric said deceived the bandits that all those in the mosque were Muslims and upon hearing this, the attackers left him and continued with their killing elsewhere.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/imam-abdullahi-abubakar-who-saved-300-christians-honoured-by-us.html

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2018
Test of kindness....

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by dukie25: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2018
Now that the US deem it fit to reward the Imam that saved Christians, I hope they punish Imam Buhari (the spiritual head of VIOLENCE in Nigeria).

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Merimental(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2018
nice
dis is d type of Muslim u live wit as neighbor n u start to wonder wat oda holy book d oda fanatic Muslims read dat drives hate into der cardiac..

219 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Waakanda: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2018
That's a cheering news.

4 CV Samples written by an HR Expert (Must See): www..com/cv-samples

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by eneojoedu(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2018
Walahi, they will kill this man.....

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by dingbang(m): 10:28am On Aug 20, 2018
Good.

1 Like

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Sirjamo: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2018
Islam is peaceful, those killers are practicing something else.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Corrinthians(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2018
US wants to incur the wrath of Saraki's cum PDP fanboys abi?

The religious bigots are surely coming for you and Trump sir. grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Bakrabas: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2018
I'm a Muslim and Islam doesn't preach violence. I say no to extremism. Even the prophet (saw) lived peacefully with non Muslims.

Those who are constituting nuisance in the Name of Islam are transgressors and their waterloo can't wait to consume them.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2018
To save 300 people speaks volume on the rate of insecurity in the country to the international community..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2018
Not all those who practice Islam are terrorists.

Let me just say something really quickly. There are times in the Bible where God supposedly told 'His children' to wipe out clans and take their women and children as slaves. The early Christians (and Jews) had been terrorists too hundreds of years ago during the Crusades. The cycle continues. The problem with this world is religion.

13 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2018
At the very minimum, this lays further credence to the claim that the conflict is religious and or ethnic.

The oppressed people of the world must remember brotha Malcolm X when he said " Stop using religion as an excuse to be a coward".

6 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by SolutionMee: 11:47am On Aug 20, 2018
US and celebrating mediocrity

Someone prevented people from dying in their appointed time

And instead of charging him to court, they are awarding him

Nigeria is becoming too overpopulous

Fulani herdsmen have to do something serious about it
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by BIGDADDY000(m): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2018
THIS IS BECOMING TOO MUCH, @ LEAST HIS IDENTITY SHOULD BE HIDDEN
4 SECURITY PURPOSE, HOPE THOSE LUNATICS WILL NOT GO AND KILL THIS
OLD MAN NOW.

11 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by sotall(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2018
Ok
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Dotwillis1(m): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2018
good one
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by VeryStupidBoy: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2018
angry
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2018
Then when will Buhari be dishonoured for failing to protect Christians? This should come first.

1 Like

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by soledayo(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
Bakrabas:
I'm a Muslim and Islam doesn't preach violence. I say no to extremism. Even the prophet (saw) lived peacefully with non Muslims.

Those who are constituting nuisance in the Name of Islam are transgressors and their waterloo can't wait to consume them.

Can u hide christians in ur MOSque?

6 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
this is the kind of people we should be proud of... not saraki or buhari
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by itiswellandwell: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
Nice one Imam. It's so bad that it is outside your good deed is being recognized. Keep it up anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by dotcomnamename: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
dukie25:
Now that the US deem it fit to reward the Imam that saved Christians, I hope they punish Imam Buhari (the spiritual head of VIOLENCE).

Mumu ode oshi. For your mind you make sense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by ithink7: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
CastedDude:
 The United States has honoured the septuagenarian Imam Abdullahi Abubakar who saved about 300 Christians from attackers in Nghar Yelwa village of Barkin Ladi local government of the Plateau state. The cleric was recognised and honoured at an event organised by the US embassy in Jos as Nigerians were urged to emulate the cleric's gesture. 

The Imam saved about 300 persons on June 24 when suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded about 15 communities in the Barkin Ladi LGA, killing over 200 persons.

The people, mainly Christians, were said to be fleeing from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi LGA when the Imam hid them in his house and mosque.

“I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the mosque and hid them there,” Imam Abubakar had stated.

However, the assailants caught up with the Imam, forcefully demanding that he release those who were Christians in the mosque.

But the cleric said deceived the bandits that all those in the mosque were Muslims and upon hearing this, the attackers left him and continued with their killing elsewhere.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/imam-abdullahi-abubakar-who-saved-300-christians-honoured-by-us.html

Statement in bold.

APC government is sponsoring jihadist.
APC government is sponsoring Boko Haram
APC government is sponsoring Fulani herdsmen
APC government want to turn Nigeria to Pakistan.

Some people will still come here and talk nonsense and claim I5lam is a religion of piss

2 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by boldking(m): 11:52am On Aug 20, 2018
Igbo man, after surviving a car accident found himself on d hospital bed, he saw his whole family n asked "WHO KON DEY SHOP?"

6 Likes

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Buharimustgo: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2018
dukie25:
Now that the US deem it fit to reward the Imam that saved Christians, I hope they punish Imam Buhari (the spiritual head of VIOLENCE).

You have made my day,Imam Buhari indeed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by Wisif: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2018
Receive sense
eneojoedu:
Walahi, they will kill this man.....
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by oluwasegun007(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2018
weldone...
Re: Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2018
USA don join BuhariNigeria to honour their own 'messiah' Fulani.

What efforts are USA or UN doing to help Christians families that killed by Buhari people in the middle-belt..??
This is Hypocrisy..! I tell ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Governorship Re-run Election: Okorocha In Early Lead / Pictures Of President Buhari, Goodluck Jonathan, Other African Leaders In Accra / Orji Uzor Kalu Exposes Obasanjo In An Explosive Interview (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.