Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. (1493 Views)

Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs / Can You Guess What Buhari Was Telling These States Governors In This Photo? / Amaechi Caught Sleeping In Calabar As Buhari Was Commissioning Projects (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
Please, before you start criticizing and calling me names, READ THIS CAREFULLY...

Many people, both young and old are still angry with Buhari for calling Nigerian youths lazy some months ago. But the sad reality is that Buhari was right.
I am not a fan of Buhari, and I will personally vote against him next year, not because I hate him, but because I believe he is incapable of providing solutions to the major challenges facing Nigeria at a time like this. Yet I stand with him on this statement.
People disagree with Buhari and criticize him on this statement because obviously, a typical, average Nigerian youth is a hustler.
Hustling(in the Nigerian context) means working too hard and earning too little. It means wasting too much time and effort to earn a meagre amount of money and experience.
The reason we hustle too much and put ourselves into forced labor is because OUR MINDS ARE LAZY. Even the Bible confirmed this in Proverbs 12:24 "The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful(lazy) will be put to forced labor".
Riding Okada from January to December doesn't mean you are not lazy; working as PA to PA of a politician doesn't mean you are not lazy; being underemployed doesn't mean you are not lazy; fasting and praying and attending church or mosque everyday doesn't mean you are not lazy... You can work very hard with your hands, but as long as your mind is lazy, you are still a lazy person.
Most of us prefer to travel to Lagos or other countries, not to look for opportunities, but to look for jobs. LAZY MINDS SEEK JOBS, BUT A HARDWORKING AND CREATIVE MIND SEEKS OPPORTUNITIES.
If you are still seeking for jobs in this 21st century, you are simply lazy. This is because while you are roaming the streets seeking for a bank or factory job, a creative youth in Asia is brainstorming on how to create a robot or automatic machine that will take over the same job you are looking for. This is the difference between a hardworking hand and a hardworking mind.
The more lazy ones waste their time and money on social media, catching stupid fun, following stupid gossips about celebrities and yeyebrities, while some support or criticize failed politicians online every day, blaming them for their joblessness. They forgot that the Facebook they visit every hour of the day was created by Mark Zuckerberg, a youth who utilized the creative powers of his mind to make a fortune for himself without waiting for the government to give him job.
All these things I mentioned above are the symptoms of laziness, and you'll agree with me that these are things majority of Nigerian youths do. So Buhari was right. Let's see his statement as a wake up call.
THANKS FOR READING!

I PITY THE LAZY ONES WHO WON'T READ THIS TO THE END BUT WILL QUICKLY ATTACK ME.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by loverboys: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fallacy of hasty generalisation it is the youths around you that are lazy
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by VictorRomanov: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2018
Alright. So tell me, what have you been able to achieve with your creative mind? I do agree that many youths would rather not think and put efforts to carry out their thoughts, but before you can stand on a moral high ground to castigate every Nigerian youth, please show us what your hard working mind has accomplished.

Don't forget that the forum you are making use of is the handiwork of a Nigerian youth.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Heartbender: 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
Did you reread your post? So, rendering basic services can be categorised as being lazy? Can you even drive okada without learning how? People sha
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2018
VictorRomanov:
Alright. So tell me, what have you been able to achieve with your creative mind? I do agree that many youths would rather not think and put efforts to carry out their thoughts, but before you can stand on a moral high ground to castigate every Nigerian youth, please show us what your hard working mind has accomplished.

Don't forget that the forum you are making use of is the handiwork of a Nigerian youth.
Thanks for reminding me... This forum is a handwork of Seun Osewa, a Nigerian youth. But how often do you see Seun in this forum arguing with others or criticizing/defending politicians? Do you think he doesn't have any interest in politics?
Remember I said majority of Nigerian youths are guilty of the symptoms of laziness, I didn't say ALL Nigerian youths.
As for my achievements, it will be too boastful to mention here what I have been able to create with my mind. Modesty forbids that.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fallacy of hasty generalisation it is the youths around you that are lazy.
Everybody cannot create Facebook, everybody must not build robot.
We are not a welfare state, youths like myself do not seek handouts we seek enabling environment. In Estonia Internet is a human right in Sweden you get paid to school, in certain u.s states 14 year old's are running for governor, Germany university education is entirely free etc etc we do not seek all these all we want is 24/7 electricity, security, strong, cheap Internet connection, reduced tuition fees, etc how can I compete with a kid in Asia to build robot when he has stable electricity and I haven't seen electricity for 4 days straight now.
FIX THE NATION STOP BLAMING YOUTHS BLAME THE ELDERS WHO BUILT NOTHING WHICH FACEBOOK DID ANY NIGERIAN ABOVE 40 BUILD? WHICH ROBOT? WHAT HAVE THEY THE ELDERS KEPT AS LEGACY? Corruption, hate, ritual killings, political high handedness, pride, arrogance what else?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
I didn't say ALL Nigerian youths. Go back and read the post. I said majority of the youths. I know there a few creative ones with hardworking minds.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by FarahAideed: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
We are not a welfare state, youths like myself do not seek handouts we seek enabling environment. In Estonia Internet is a human right in Sweden you get paid to school, in certain u.s states 14 year old's are running for governor, Germany university education is entirely free etc etc we do not seek all these all we want is 24/7 electricity, security, strong, cheap Internet connection, reduced tuition fees, etc how can I compete with a kid in Asia to build robot when he has stable electricity and I haven't seen electricity for 4 days straight now.
FIX THE NATION STOP BLAMING YOUTHS BLAME THE ELDERS WHO BUILT NOTHING WHICH FACEBOOK DID ANY NIGERIAN ABOVE 40 BUILD? WHICH ROBOT? WHAT HAVE THEY THE ELDERS KEPT AS LEGACY? Corruption, hate, ritual killings, political high handedness, pride, arrogance what else?
Wow... You are in heaven if you haven't see electricity in the last 4 days. There are people who hasn't seen it in the last 4 years grin
Well... You are quite right to push the blame to our failed leaders.
But we the youths shouldn't be helpless. We should help ourselves if they can't help us. Remember that some youths in this country are creating something with their minds despite facing all those challenges you mentioned.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Favour9ja(m): 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by donbachi(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
No youth is lazy...it's the politicians that are lazy..if they are not lazy,how come they survives by looting treasuries meant to empower the youths,no good roads,no good health centers,irregular power supply.instead,they used the money to send their children overseas for educations,loot to live big,drives luxury cars.and the same lazy youths,voted for them in their majorities,killed and died for them to become whom they are today.snatched ballot boxes for them,harrased political opponents.and you people have the guts to call them lazy...no b una fault...and you the youths.have you seen the insult melted at you?.they will always use and dump you...2019 is just by the corner.prove to them you are not lazy.make use of your youthful strength,by voting in a youth like you...enough of the insult.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

Wow... You are in heaven if you haven't see electricity in the last 4 days. There are people who hasn't seen it in the last 4 years grin
Well... You are quite right to push the blame to our failed leaders.
But we the youths shouldn't be helpless. We should help ourselves if they can't help us. Remember that some youths in this country are creating something with their minds despite facing all those challenges you mentioned.
Guy once upon a time I did not see light for a whole year, but they were still bringing bill, it made news when people protested to Nepa office, around ozuoba/choba area of rivers state, nepa came checked everything collected money went back put on the light and it went off immediately so the streak continued.

Naija is amongst the worst countries to be born in according to one international report, Lagos is the most dangerous city in the world according to another very recent international report I saw this morning, Lagos and Rivers airports are amongst the worst 2 in the world according to one World international aviation institution that ranks airports and these are Nigerias best 3 airports if you include Abuja. We have worst airports than those 2 but the other airports including Abuja refused to be inspected for ranking.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by StillX10(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
OP laziness in your context and Buhari 's context are drastically different

You talk about mind laziness while Buhari visualise Nigerian youths to be lazy in every ramification of life
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
donbachi:
No youth is lazy...it's the politicians that are lazy..if they are not lazy,how come they survives by looting treasuries meant to empower the youths,no good roads,no good health centers,irregular power supply.instead,they used the money to send their children overseas for educations,loot to live big,drives luxury cars.and the same lazy youths,voted for them in their majorities,killed and died for them to become whom they are today.snatched ballot boxes for them,harrased political opponents.and you people have the guts to call them lazy...no b una fault...and you the youths.have you seen the insult melted at you?.they will always use and dump you...2019 is just by the corner.prove to them you are not lazy.make use of your youthful strength,by voting in a youth like you...enough of the insult.
Hmmm... The fact that most of our youths are foolishly following the same politicians that failed them is a proof that they are lazy. It is the youths that helped those politicians to rig elections and win. They become thugs, bodyguards and PA to them. If your governor offers you a position of PA, I doubt if you'll reject.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by donbachi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

Hmmm... The fact that most of our youths are foolishly following the same politicians that failed them is a proof that they are lazy. It is the youths that helped those politicians to rig elections and win. They become thugs, bodyguards and PA to them. If your governor offers you a position of PA, I doubt if you'll reject.
not with this politics of bitterness
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by VictorRomanov: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

Thanks for reminding me... This forum is a handwork of Seun Osewa, a Nigerian youth. But how often do you see Seun in this forum arguing with others or criticizing/defending politicians? Do you think he doesn't have any interest in politics?
Remember I said majority of Nigerian youths are guilty of the symptoms of laziness, I didn't say ALL Nigerian youths.
As for my achievements, it will be too boastful to mention here what I have been able to create with my mind. Modesty forbids that.

Well I don't think it will be too boastful to share your accomplishment. If it's done in a humble manner, it can inspire others.

The fact that people are able to comment on political issues and have time to argue doesn't mean they are jobless.

As for Seun, I believe he has his area of interest.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by EmirAbj: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
Where can I get the album "Lazy Nigerian Youths"??
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Ekez(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
We are all lazy abi? how many good job have you and your Buhari created?
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2018
VictorRomanov:

Well I don't think it will be too boastful to share your accomplishment. If it's done in a humble manner, it can inspire others.

The fact that people are able to comment on political issues and have time to argue doesn't mean they are jobless.

As for Seun, I believe he has his area of interest.
If only other will think the way you do - that it wouldn't be boastful to share my achievements here, I would have gladly share it. But just to inspire you a little, I am working on a personal project I create for myself. I might be through with it by the end of the year. But I must confess that the statement made by Buhari against Nigerian youths really challenged me to push on with my project. Because if I accomplish this project, I might not need to think about jobs anymore.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Ekez:
We are all lazy abi? how many good job have you and your Buhari created?
I never said I am a fan of Buhari. But when he tells us the truth about our situation, I can't help but agree with him.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by VictorRomanov: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

If only other will think the way you do - that it wouldn't be boastful to share my achievements here, I would have gladly share it. But just to inspire you a little, I am working on a personal project I create for myself. I might be through with it by the end of the year. But I must confess that the statement made by Buhari against Nigerian youths really challenged me to push on with my project. Because if I accomplish this project, I might not need to think about jobs anymore.

Well, we must also accept and respect the fact that not every one is cut out to be a problem solver or entrepreneurs. Problem solvers and entrepreneurs still need people to work with them and work for them. So we must not condemn people who look for jobs.

If you have been able to start something for yourself, you are to be commended.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by TheKabal: 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
angry
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Haddock(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

OP o... are the youths around you not Nigerians? This man don confuse us o...
Abeg come and clear the air o...

Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by TheKabal: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

I am not a fan of Buhari, and I will personally vote against him next year, not because I hate him, but because I believe he is incapable of providing solutions to the major challenges facing Nigeria at a time like this.

It appears you a making an attempt to use you mind for your betterment and those around you. However, you still have a very long way to go, and have very little insight into what a "life compass" means or how planning for the long term will always provide ROI for a long time.

Let me be brief about "thinking longterm" and why most youths should rather vote Buhari/Osinbajo for another term.

1. Children are been fed and many youths have testified to benefiting from the policies of the current govt.
2. The farmers are accessing loans and now investing in rice farms have proven to be lucrative.
3. Farmers now access fertilizer for under 6K in the past 10K

These aside; any intelligent young man - would vote Buhari to give Osinbajo a chance at the presidency. Only a fool would assume anybody else besides Osinbajo
can assist the youth and not only support them but protect them.

So, when you try to "logically" justify your dislike for Buhari by casting away the positive strides and obvious benefits that will arise from his re-election and eventual "endorsement" of Osinbajo - which he has continued to subtly do over the years; for the Presidency. Think about your future, I mean your real future; where give and take is the bedrock, diligence and commitment are the watch words, improvement of self and society are your guarantors and tolerance is replaced with acceptance.

On an ending note: Laziness has nothing to do with hardwork, smartwork and strategies. Laziness is a chronic symptom of avoiding the road less travelled.

When your rather take a million naira to travel abroad to wash dishes, secure building and become a nanny - that is laziness
When you go to your pastor or imam for prayers and night vigil to get a job, yet you can hardly construct an error free sentence or stick to the
point in a conversation or argument - that is lazziness.

Nigerian youths are lazy because from childhood, they have been taught that the difficulties and challenges they encounter in life have been or are been orchestrated by some crooked invincible hand. You always look for someone to blame but never yourself. That is the laziness Buhari is talking about.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2018
Haddock:

OP o... are the youths around you not Nigerians? This man don confuse us o...
Abeg come and clear the air o...
OK... Now here is a serious proof of our laziness:
Have you ever received a message telling you that your ATM or bank account is blocked, That you should call a given number to rectify it?
Do you know that such messages are coming from your fellow Nigerian youths who are too lazy to work with their hands and at the same time too lazy to use their creative minds for meaningful and honest adventures? They are trying to use their creative minds to outsmart, defraud and deceive you to steal your money and reap from where they didn't sow.
The fact that such messages are too much these days shows that...
1. Many Nigerians youths are getting into this fraudulent businesses every passing day.
2. A few dull or lazy minded Nigerians are still falling for their facile tricks.
3. The fact that they are still spreading the same messages for almost three years now shows how lazy their minds are. Most people already know this old trick yet they couldn't brainstorm to create something new let alone upgrade their fraudulent skills. I remember calling one of them some months ago and challenged him to be more creative and update his fraudulent tricks. I told him that even my 4 year old daughter can fathom out the cheap tricks he was trying to play on me. What a lazy set of people... They want to rob others of their money by outsmarting them, yet they are too lazy to upgrade their tricks.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Metuh: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
gentlegenius:

Point of correction, there was a 2015 thread where Seun was seen supporting the election of the president without certificate cos he said its inconsequential.

He argues politics sometimes, even his mods do.
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by Metuh: 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2018
TheKabal:

It appears you a making an attempt to use you mind for your betterment and those around you. However, you still have a very long way to go, and have very little insight into what a "life compass" means or how planning for the long term will always provide ROI for a long time.

Let me be brief about "thinking longterm" and why most youths should rather vote Buhari/Osinbajo for another term.

1. Children are been fed and many youths have testified to benefiting from the policies of the current govt.
2. The farmers are accessing loans and now investing in rice farms have proven to be lucrative.
3. Farmers now access fertilizer for under 6K in the past 10K

These aside; any intelligent young man - would vote Buhari to give Osinbajo a chance at the presidency. Only a fool would assume anybody else besides Osinbajo
can assist the youth and not only support them but protect them.

So, when you try to "logically" justify your dislike for Buhari by casting away the positive strides and obvious benefits that will arise from his re-election and eventual "endorsement" of Osinbajo - which he has continued to subtly do over the years; for the Presidency. Think about your future, I mean your real future; where give and take is the bedrock, diligence and commitment are the watch words, improvement of self and society are your guarantors and tolerance is replaced with acceptance.

On an ending note: Laziness has nothing to do with hardwork, smartwork and strategies. Laziness is a chronic symptom of avoiding the road less travelled.

When your rather take a million naira to travel abroad to wash dishes, secure building and become a nanny - that is laziness
When you go to your pastor or imam for prayers and night vigil to get a job, yet you can hardly construct an error free sentence or stick to the
point in a conversation or argument - that is lazziness.

Nigerian youths are lazy because from childhood, they have been taught that the difficulties and challenges they encounter in life have been or are been orchestrated by some crooked invincible hand. You always look for someone to blame but never yourself. That is the laziness Buhari is talking about.
You forgot to tell him the number of lifes lost under this administration within this year alone.

Shooting of unarmed Igbos.

Killings by herdsmen everywhere.

Total disregard for rule of law nko

His 97%/5% speech.

Shielding of his corrupt party members.

Dude it's too much to mention....Buhari should support someone else to take over, he is too sick and old to rule Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by slimfit1(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:

Did you bother to read it to the end ?
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:09am On Aug 21, 2018
DuBLINGreenb:
Everybody can or at least most can
This is the mental laziness we're talking about
Instead of asking you are laying down gospel

We are not a welfare state, youths like myself do not seek handouts we seek enabling environment.
Try attend political Party meeting to Realise how wrong you are
Even ordinary NYSC or embassy visit will reveal this

[/b]In Estonia Internet is a human right in Sweden you get paid to school, in certain u.s states 14 year old's are running for governor, Germany university education is entirely free etc etc we do not seek all these all we want is 24/7 electricity, security, strong, cheap Internet connection, reduced tuition fees, etc how can I compete with a kid in Asia to build robot when he has stable electricity and I haven't seen electricity for 4 days straight now.[b]
That's what they Said in all those countries tmtgjtmdwt election then more free stuff offered for lazy voters

About the Asia robot
You fucking solve the electricity problem first instead of waiting for govt

the elders were youths who messed it up. They were all in their 30s when they did all you're Saying
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by MIKOLOWISKA: 12:10am On Aug 21, 2018
donbachi:
they were once lazy youth
Just like the present lazy youth will also loot when they get there
Re: Buhari Was Right; Nigerian Youths Are Lazy. by gentlegenius(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Metuh:

Point of correction, there was a 2015 thread where Seun was seen supporting the election of the president without certificate cos he said its inconsequential.

He argues politics sometimes, even his mods do.
That's why I said that seun had interest in politics but he doesn't stay on social media to argue politics all the time like some lazy people are doing here on Nairaland.
He had every right to show his support for buhari at that time, but now that buhari has failed with most of his campaign promises, you won't see seun defending his failures here the way some people do. That's the difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will Happen If Buhari Loses The 2019 Election In Nigeria? / Gandujegate: Proof Shows Daily Nigerian Pre-recorded And Edited The Videos / Nigerians Are In For It: A Paris-based Nigerian Reacted After A Meeting Pmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.