|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,623,345 members, 6,115,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 24 January 2021 at 03:02 AM
|Jws, Beware Of Apostates by JMAN05: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2018|
Social network is fun, it is even exciting to have good discussions with others on this board. However, we, Witnesses particularly need to be careful about apostates. Others may not have that view, but no problem. It is a snail to engage an apostate. Gods word states that with his mouth an apostate brings his neighbor to ruin. (Prov 11:9).
How it happens:
You are browsing topics on the religion section and you encounter comments, thread etc that criticise our belief, GB, or cast us in a bad light, you know the thread was formed by an apostate, but you want to go and correct the impression. You are well-meaning, but Gods word is against such move. (1cor 5:11).
We might easily be lured if we are good researchers, powerful argumentators, have thorough knowledge about our beliefs, loves the organisation etc but it is never right to discuss with an apostate.
As such, Jehovah can never back whatever we do there in any such thread. Meaning that we are endangering our faith if we ever engage them.
"Well, nothing will happen". note that Solomon may have felt the same way about pagan wives. We know the end right? Are we wiser than Solomon? If we are not backed by Jah, we are doom to fail.
" oh no, I am winning and silencing them". Even if that were true, the end does not justify the means with Jehovah. Don't you think that Asa would have said the same thing? (2chron 16:1- He formed alliance with Syria and chased Baasha away. Did he succeed? Yes, but did the method justify the means? Nope. Thru Hanaani, Jah said: verse 9.
"For the eyes of Jehovah are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him. You have acted foolishly in this matter; from now on there will be wars against you". Foolishly? Yes, even though he won.
But if someone draw us to break Jahs laws and start discussing with them, did we win or did they win? We broke Jehovah's heart, and can we then claim we did win? Nope, they won.
But it is helpful to really let an apostate know his ways are wrong by engaging him in a discussion." That might sound reasonable, but Paul could have said the same thing concerning Hymaneaous, he could have said, I will come to show him that resurrection is future. But what did he do?
holding faith and a good conscience, which some have thrust aside, resulting in the shipwreck of their faith.20Hy·me·naeʹus and Alexander are among these, and I have handed them over to Satan so that they may be taught by discipline not to blaspheme".
Apostates have been handed over to Satan whether in nairaland or elsewhere. Let them be. If not, you will become a sharer in there sins.
But they can keep spreading falsehood about us and people will believe them. Let me prove them wrong". Paul never used that formula, did he? Alexander and Hymenaeus may have continued spreading falsehood after disfellowship, but Paul never went back to continue clearing the air as it were.
'They will say we are running away, if we do not accept the challenge', we may think, but since they have been handed over to Satan, they are sure to use his tactics. He used it on Jesus. In effect we may paraphrase it like this: if you are the son of God, accept this challenge and turn the stone to bread. Jesus never caved in just to save face. That was not God's will. "It is written..." He quoted. Can we in effect say "it is written... We must not speak or associate with an apostate? (1cor 5:11-13; 3john 1:10,11)
Know this: by not engaging them, you are doing God's will. That is what matters if you ask me. Imaging if Jesus have accepted a challenge from Satan. Will Jah be happy?
Formula I use: of course, you could get another better formula. But what I do is: if I see the Monica of someone I know is an apostate, I don't read what ever comes below that Monica, not even an " I". That way, I don't even know what they wrote, let alone be lured to reply. True, one may discuss with an apostate unknowingly. That is not a deliberate sin. It can be forgiving. But how will Jah feel if we know that someone is an apostate and we continuously engage him? Prayerfully, search, you can identify them easily in case you don't know.
How can you identify them?
They have been handed over to Satan so, they are furious against Jehovah's people(elders, GB, witnesses), they hate truth (the more you tell them the truth, the more they dig up more arguments), they often live in the past (you quote bible, they quote 1914, you use scripture to make a point, they are busy quoting dropt belief). They don't see any reason, they only see you and the organisation as enemies, just like Satan sees Jehovah as enemy. They may have other identities, pls point it out so that we can easily identify them and cease discussions with them.
Social media has its big challenges, but with Jehovah's help, we can beware of apostates!
Love and Best Wishes!
Tag: oneJ, Biblespeaks, truthislight,TATIME, capitalzero, Jozzy4, Barristter07. Tag more
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by enilove(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2018|
Why don't you people try and reason with what people are saying? There is no harm in reasoning together with others who are not of your faith , is there ?
How many times did your organisation predicted the end of the world and failed ?
Why did they announce when the world will end when the Bible says NO ONE KNOWS ? Don't they read the Bible?
Pls think and pray b4 it gets too late for you.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by oneolajire(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2018|
16 terrible lies of JW.
1. JW is the only true religion/christian: JW claim to be the only true religion/christian, so other Christians are false Christians. However, JW is a lifeless organisation that teaches falsehood and cannot withstand cohorts of principalities and powers of the devil. The reason why they are preaching to you because they believe all what you hear in church are false and they have the monopoly of God's truth.
2. Those who go to church follow false doctrines: JW'S claim that churches are shrines as they are not recognised by God and that God only recognises only one organisation called JW organisation. That is why the six letter word CHURCH (Matt 16:18) is not written in the so fake bible (new world translation of the holy scriptures) of the JW'S but replaced with 'organisation'. Church is got from a Greek word 'ecclesia' which means, gathering of God's people, called out out ones, people of Christ (Act 8:3, 1 Cor 1:2, 1 Pet 2:9).
3. They are following the command of Christ to announce God's kingdom: JW will never preach to juju people, ritualist, ogbonis, babalawos because JWs doctrines is powerless. Ask them of the number of worship centres they have in Iran, Iraq
Afghanistan and other difficult places. Does it mean these neglected people don't need God's kingdom? The truth is that they only preach where christianity has been established. They confuse those who are on the way to heaven because they have little knowledge of God's word by promising them a kingdom on earth.
4. Man is not a Spirit Being. They claim that man is a composition of two things, clay and breath from God. 1 Thessalonian 5:23 makes us to know that man is made of Spirit, soul and body. Act 7:52, shows us that Stephen's spirit was to go to Jesus. Paul said 'I go to be with Jesus when I die', he didn't say he's going to the grave. We fellowship in the spirit realm (John 4:24), means (human) spirits communicates with God(spirit) or other spiritual beings. Heb 4:12, Rom 12:2, soul/mind in the intellectual (reasoning) part of a man. So man is a Spirit being who has a soul, the intellectual realm while we only live in the body.
When people die, they go somewhere, Philippian 1:21-24, Act 7:59, Luke 16:20-31, just because they are spirit beings who live in the body
5. Jesus is not worthy of worship: JWs always denigrate the person of Jesus, they will never sing our church songs nor pray with us because we worship Jesus. Heb 1:6 Jehovah says Jesus should be worshipped. Rev 5:8-14, Matt 2:11 also supported the worship of Jesus. JWs are only fighting a lost battle for being angry to worship Jesus. The JWs fake bible replaced 'worship' with 'pay obeisance' wherever people worship Jesus.
6. There is no hell/lake of fire. JW teaches that God cannot send people to hell as he has made the earth for mankind. They claim those who don't believe in Jesus Christ would not resurrect or would have an abrupt end. Anyway, the Bible teaches eternity in heaven (for those who follow the teachings of Jesus and eternity in hell (Rev 21:15, 22: for those who do otherwise. If there were no lake of fire, the rich man wouldn't have tried to prevent his relatives from witnessing same torment (Luke 16:20-31)
7. Jesus is an angel, precisely Angel Michael. JWs claim the statements 'sons of God' (Gen 6:2) refers to angels. So Jesus is God's firstborn son and Michael is the Arch angel, therefore Jesus is angel Michael( 1 Thes 5:16). JWs are wrong. Angels are spirits, servants of those who inherit salvation (Heb 1:14). Heb chapter 1 & 2 were written to the Hebrews (and to us) to purposely educate them (us) that Jesus is not an angel.
8. Nobody is in heaven: John 3: 13, Jesus told Nicodemus that 'nobody has ascended to heaven'.
This place is quoted out of context. Jesus was telling Nicodemus that He is the only one who has being in heaven and come down to earth, and nobody has gone up there and returned to earth to tell us heavenly things. JW's don't want to know where Elijah went. Ascention means lifting up of a bodyly being but believers go to heaven in spirit form (Act 7:52).
9. Other Christians worship three Gods (polyetheism) as they worship only one God (monotheism). Bible truth goes thus: EMMANUEL means JEHOVAH WITH US (Matt 1:23). Jesus is God in human flesh John 1:1&14, 1Tim 3:16. In Rev 1:6-8 Jesus is all that Jehovah is, the ALMIGHTY. In Isaiah 9:6, Jesus is the everlasting father. Philippians 2:6 tells us Jesus is a form of God-in human flesh.
God is a Spirit in John 4:24, in Rom 8: 9, Spirit of God and Spirit of Christ were interchanged, which also is the Holy Spirit.
You can see that we worship only one God (1 Cor 8:4) who relates with man in three forms. This is uniqueness of Christianity.
JWs made a terrible mistake in their NWT (fake bible) in Matt 3:3, Mark 1:3, Luke3:4, John 1;23. John prepared the way of "Jehovah" and Jesus was the "Jehovah" whom John prepared his way.
10. Man will live forever in this earth. Matthew 5:5 is their favourite verse. JW's claim that the garden of Eden lost by Adam would be restored on earth (eternal life).
JWs can be so ridiculous, they want to inherit Dangote's cement factories as well as his refinery under construction.
They want to enjoy the wealth of Bill Gate and Mark Zuckerberg.
The creator of heaven and earth says they will pass away, JWs are saying no to God's word. Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31. They will be burnt by fire 2Pet 3:7and 12. They will give way for a new heaven and earth, not a panelbeated, renovated or recycled heaven and earth.
JWs claim they want to inherit the earth Matt5:5. People could be moralist, idol worshipper, agnoist, atheist and still be meek despite rejecting the gospel. If meekness is what it takes, Jesus didn't need to die, he would only have concentrated his teachings on meekness. Meanwhile, there is nothing to inherit in this earth
Matthew 5:5 is only saying that those who are meek will enjoy their stay on earth during their lifetime (before they die)
11. Participating in competitions e.g. sports, debate, etc are sinful 2 Cor 10:12. They misinterpreted the bible. Though their members have so much passion for competive sports, yet they are hypocrites when it comes sticking to this doctrines of theirs. 1,Cor 9:25 Even Paul told us that those who run run to win prizes as he would have condemned competition in this verse while he would have categorised competitive sports as sin in several places of the scriptures. When we excel in competitions, it brings glory to God as his children.
12. Accepting blood transfusion is sinful Â Act 15:20 also misinterpreted. JW's can't prove with the bible any account of blood transfusion in the bible, so how does 'abstain from blood' means 'reject blood transfusion'? However, if we should follow the word 'abstain', then we should run away from blood of fish, goats and other animals as well as injured people and women giving birth. Unfortunately, they do not have any bible record of blood transfusion prior to the time of the first Apostles to justify that their claim.
13. Marking or celebrating days is unbiblical. JW's don't celebrate easter, christmas and new year. They refused to see what the bible says that those who keeps a day should keep it for the Lord Romans 14:6. Philippian 4:4. Unfortunately, the celebrate wedding anniversary, what an hypocricy?
14. Participating in secular governance and politics should be avoided. They hold on to 1 Cor 4:4 where bible says that the devil is the 'god of this world'. So they claim being part of the world government means being ruled by the devil. They claim to await God's kingdom on earth to be ruled by Jesus (theocracy). They neither say the national anthems, pledges nor salute flags because of these reason (they also refer to them as worship). Bible teaches that God appointed rulers over us Rom 13: 1-7, Titus 3:1. God would have told is if he doesn't want us not to be part the leaders. The truth is that the devil had been in operation before the nation of Israel, so David, Hezekiah, Daniel and other faithfuls wouldn't have been permitted by God if truely God doesn't want us to part of government.
15. Being in military is wrong. JW's claim they are not for fight but for peace, because God's kingdom is for peace. In Act 10, we see how a senior army officer (and his household) got born again and got baptised in the Holy Spirit. Peter would have compelled Cornilius to resign from the Italian regiment if being in the army was sinful. Moreover, Jesus healed the servant of another senior military officer (Matt 8:5-11) without Jesus saying anything negative about his participation in the army.
16. Jesus is a created being Col 1:15. JW held tight to this verse and misinterpreted it. Jesus was the creator who entered creation to save mankind. Anyone who will enter this world must take the form of creation before he can be born Col 1:16, Philippian 2:5-8.
WHO ARE THE JWs
1. They are people who use human wisdom to interpret God's word. They lack spiritual understanding as the natural human wisdom cannot receive God's wisdom (1 Cor 2: 12-14, John 14:26)
2. They are people who lack revelation of GOD AND THE HOLY SPIRIT (Eph 1:17-18)
3 They are spiritually DEAF. John 10:27, they don't hear God's audible voice speaking to them, so they want you to join them so you'll become spiritually deaf.
4 They are empty in the spiritual realm, so powerless a doctrine. No healing, miracle, vision, prophesy, all because they lack the Holy Spirit and that is why they cannot confront juju power and the likes.
5. They don't preach salvation from sin, repentance, sanctification and righteousness, as a prerequisite for God's kingdom. They only tell people to come and study and start preaching heresy.
6 They lack revelation of heaven: In Isaiah 6, Act 7: 55-56, Rev 4, God's people saw the revelations of heaven and God is still showing Christians what heaven looks like, but none of the JWs has ever seen heaven. Christians can see where we are going, they cannot see their end.
7. They are followers of a man named Russell Charles Taze. He made lost of false predictions and teachings.
JWs doctrine looks attractive to you if
1. You have a shallow knowledge of God's word
2. You live in sin (lying, worldliness, sexual immoralities e.t.c.)
3. You don't allow the Holy Spirit to teach you more of God.
4. You don't go for evangelism
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Seun(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2018|
The fear of interacting with people who don’t share your views is a sign that you don’t have sufficient evidence for your beliefs. You won’t see evolutionary biologists warning each other to stay away from creationists, or atheists who are scared that they may fall into Christianity if they talk to Christians.
13 Likes 6 Shares
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by oneolajire(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2018|
Seun Osewa, is this u? Lol
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by JMAN05: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2018|
Obedience to our creator is not fear. But it doesn't matter what others say. Jehovah hates it. I discuss with people here on nairaland, and if you wish Seun, we can talk about my belief. But never, ever with an apostate handed over to Satan. Never!
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2018|
JMAN05:Isn’t that because they know all your dirty secrets, such as the numerous false prophecies of the Watchtower Society?
12 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by capitalzero: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2018|
Seun:not true. we interact with people of all faiths, reason with them from scriptures. however, apostates are dangerous because their objectives are to tell lies and half truths. apostates are former Jehovah witnesses who keep telling lies about Jehovah witnesses.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by capitalzero: 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2018|
oneolajire:half truths and outrageous lies.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by true2god: 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2018|
capitalzero:Highlight the lies and make a counter argument.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by OneJ: 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2018|
There is nothing to reason with some one pretending to be a JW offline ,among family & friends & acquaintances . But comes online to malign Jehovah's holy name & His people.
(In some cases these individuals were expelled from Jehovah's organization because of their pride, rebellious & unrepentant attitudes.).
Jehovah God does not compromise His Standard to please mortal man.
Either obey &be humble,grow in faith (not sacrifice/ rationalize) .Or go your way + consequences (Ask Adam, Korah, King Saul,Judas etc).
JWs are not perfect. We have moved on from those early days when our expectations were not fulfilled.
Even Jesus followers had a past but they learnt from their mistakes,moved on & waxed stronger. Likewise JWs.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by achorladey: 2:05am On Aug 21, 2018|
Proverbs 11:9 states........ By his mouth the apostate(GODLESS MAN, MAN OF LAWLESSNESS , HYPOCRITE, DISHONEST, DISSEMBLER, IMPIOUS) bring his NEIGHBOUR to RUIN,
What a scripture! an excellent one at that, therefore, Who is my neighbour?
CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES is a NEIGHBOUR to ROMAN CATHOLIC CONGREGATION,
ROMAN CATHOLIC CONGREGATION is a neighbour to all PENTECOSTAL and PROTESTANT CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION.
If you know your own CONGREGATION has not use his MOUTH to bring his NEIGHBOUR CONGREGATION to RUIN. Please come out and signify.
But by knowledge the righteous are rescued.
2 Timothy 4:3,4 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers and by extension leaders to have their ears tickled........
IS YOUR OWN CONGREGATION A CULPRIT TOO IN THIS ASPECT?
2 Timothy 4:5 You though keep your senses in all things.............
Apostle Paul knew we can seek God's help to do this, so don't allow another person keep the sense for you because as Christians we should grow spiritually and maturely everyday to distinguished right from wrong and not be tossed about like a baby by these religious teachers and leaders.
Finally............. 2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones let us cleanse ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God or perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Revelation 3:22 Let the one who has an ear hear what the spirit says to the CONGREGATIONS.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by capitalzero: 2:24am On Aug 21, 2018|
let me know jw sources of your lies and half truths before making counter argument.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by achorladey: 2:26am On Aug 21, 2018|
An interesting Scenario........ Mr AA tells Mr BB this words" the day you cease being a member of this organization, do you know you no longer serve God?".
I was taken aback and ponder over Mr AA words therefore this question. WHO IS THE APOSTATE?
We all need to be careful?
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by oneolajire(m): 3:47am On Aug 21, 2018|
Jw has always being in errors. From errors to errors.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by JMAN05: 7:28am On Aug 21, 2018|
Well, does that add up to you? I already have a record of not engaging someone I know to be an apostate from day one on this board. So, it is not that that has been my practice and I just goose to stop now. Secondly, my xten brothers has actively engaged them before I wrote the op. Thirdly, did you see the scriptural reasons why I wrote the op? Fourthly, ask anyone, witnesses have long been known not to violate bible command to associate with apostates. We endeavor to follow the bible on that except that few now find it challenging on social media. So, it isn't a today affair. Lastly, it is all about Jahs command, nothing more. You do believe Seun that if you claim to follow the bible, you should do so even when the bible says you pull away from an apostate? I don't expect you do it cos you aren't a xten.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Hairyrapunzel: 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2018|
Even Jesus conversed with the greatest apostate which is Satan.
You will be saying what's not in bible and making it look like it is from the bible. Did bible say having a contrary opinion to your governing body is apostasy?
Did bible say criticising ones beliefs is apostasy?
Did bible say casting watchtower organization in bad light is apostasy?
It's like your gb is now Jesus Christ as having contrary opinion to theirs is now considered apostasy. Well done
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Hairyrapunzel: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2018|
JMAN05:Where did jah command us not to criticise gb teaching? You should provide a verse
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Hairyrapunzel: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2018|
JMAN05:According to watchtower magazine Jesus was disobeying jehovah when he talked to Satan.
When did jehovah say anybody who criticises gb teaching, Jw beliefs or cast Jw in bad light is an apostate?
Give us bible verse
3 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Hairyrapunzel: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2018|
OneJ:Jehovah god does not compromise his standards yet he allows your beliefs to be changing up and down (new light)
If you have the truth like you claim you should not be ashamed of scrutiny. Because of fear of knowing the real thing your gb says if you here people criticise them that means they are apostate.
You claim your gb are imperfect yet they are afraid to be criticised. Tagging people who criticise them apostate is not a biblical practice
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by OneJ: 11:57pm On Aug 21, 2018|
[quote author=Hairyrapunzel post=70480828]
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by OneJ: 12:03am On Aug 22, 2018|
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Emusan(m): 9:28am On Aug 22, 2018|
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Emusan(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2018|
Can you answer these and support it with scripture?
because you people always say they's nothing you do that can't be found in the scripture.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by OneJ: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2018|
Emusan, the burden of proof rests squarely on the shoulder of that SERIAL LIAR & CORRECT WAYO MAN who made those allegations. Shalom.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Hairyrapunzel: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2018|
But Jesus conversed with satan na E dey bible. Jesus was never afraid of Satan. Whereas, the so called one true religion of jehovah chosen in 1914 are afraid of Satan.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Oneboypikin: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2018|
You this Useless Fool
Wicked heartless Sickos Delusional Shiits Pretending Masquerading to be Good. All my amazing Friends and Family lives You bleeped Up you are already paying For SickFucks!
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Seun(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2018|
capitalzero:Can you list some of the lies apostates have told about Jehovah’s witnesses? Then we can investigate them to figure out whether they are actually lies.
3 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by OneJ: 10:31am On Sep 01, 2018|
Seun , the NL moniker," hairyrapunzel " alleged that "according to the watchtower, Jesus was disobeying Jehovah when he talked to Satan".
I'm not surprised that someone whose series of lies & distortion of facts on NL, puts a big question mark on his integrity, sanity & credibility, would be so dubious to concoct such a lie.
Mr Seun,pls feel free to investigate.
|Re: Jws, Beware Of Apostates by Seun(m): 11:27am On Sep 01, 2018|
OneJ:No, he was making a point that if talking to an apostate is against Jehovah’s will, then surely talking to Satan, who was the first apostate, is against Jehovah’s will.
I'm not surprised that someone whose series of lies & distortion of facts on NL, puts a big question mark on his integrity, sanity & credibility, would be so dubious to concoct such a lie.Can you list some more examples of the distortion and lies that you are accusing him of putting on Nairaland?
2 Likes 5 Shares
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 414