Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 (44080 Views)

Tinubu Insists He Brought Buhari To Power And Will Succeed Him / I Will End Saraki, Tinubu’s Rift - Orji Uzor Kalu / Why Saraki, Tinubu Are Fighting – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Patrioticooduan: 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2018
redcliff:
nigeria is not a country.. belueve otherwise at yoyr own peril!
We always say this
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by BeijinDossier: 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2018
Before now we knew they were lying.

Igbos should vote massively for PDP at the presidential level.

Atiku-Obi ticket is the best deal.

Amumaigwe:

Where is @Biafradefender. They have already concluded the plot to cede power to the South West, infact to Tinubu himself come 2023. Is voting Buhari in 2019 still the shortest cut to Igbo presidency in 2023?

Anybody that was tempted to believe those tissues of lies that Buhari would hand over power to Igbo in 2023 in exchange for their support towards his second term bid, this is the dawn of a new day for you. Wake up!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Amumaigwe: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2018
Sirjamo:
Saraki would either support himself or another nothern Muslim from the pdp in 2019, and that could automatically mean the south east will be shut out for another eight years.

Buhari and APC on the other hand, is willing to let them taste the presidency as soon as 2023, but their hatred and bigotry will never let them see the low hanging fruit

Saraki has just busted this Igbo 2023 mirage. Not that Igbos ever wanted presidency anyway, we have always maintained that we prefer a restructured Nigeria. So try harder.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by EDOLUWA: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
Fighting yourselves since 2015!!! Shame on APC...

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
ridwanomooba:
The Tinubu Rhetoric: My Response, by Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki

I have always restrained from joining issues in the media with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and this is based on my respect for him. However, I will not allow him to create a wrong, false and mischievous impression about the reasons for my decision to exit the All Progressives Congress (APC) and present his prejudice as facts for public consumption.

I have been consistent in my complaints to all leaders of the APC, including Tinubu, that a situation where the National Assembly is not constructively engaged or carried along in key policy decisions, particularly those that will eventually require legislative approval, is not in the best interest of the nation. No genuine leader of the legislature will be comfortable that the Presidency will simply write a terse letter to the National Assembly on key issues which the federal legislature is expected to later deliberate upon and give its approval. The Buhari administration consistently treats the legislature with contempt and acts as if the lawmaking body should be an appendage of the Executive. To me, this is unacceptable.

In the same way, I find it very objectionable that many stakeholders who worked strenuously to get the administration into office have now been excluded in the government and not consulted on key decisions as necessary and expected. In fact, some of them are treated as pariahs. A party that ignores justice, equity and inclusion as basic pre-conditions for peace, unity and stability cannot sustain its membership and leadership.

Let me redirect the attention of the former Governor of Lagos State to the aspect of my July 31, 2018, statement announcing my exit from APC in which I emphasized that the decision "has been inescapably imposed on me by certain elements and forces within the APC who have ensured that the minimum conditions for peace, cooperation, inclusion and a general sense of belonging did not exist".

In that statement, I further noted that those APC elements "have done everything to ensure that the basic rules of party administration, which should promote harmonious relations among the various elements within the party were blatantly disregarded. All governance principles which were required for a healthy functioning of the party and the government were deliberately violated or undermined. And all entreaties for justice, equity and fairness as basic precondition for peace and unity, not only within the party, but also the country at large, were simply ignored, or employed as additional pretext for further exclusion. The experience of my people and associates in the past three years is that they have suffered alienation and have been treated as outsiders in their own party. Thus, many have become disaffected and disenchanted. At the same time, opportunities to seek redress and correct these anomalies were deliberately blocked as a government-within-a-government had formed an impregnable wall and left in the cold, everyone else who was not recognized as “one of us”. This is why my people, like all self-respecting people would do, decided to seek accommodation elsewhere".

Tinubu himself will recall that during the various meetings he had with me at the time he was pursuing reconciliation within the APC, I raised all the above issues. I can also vividly recall that he himself always expressed his displeasure with the style of the government and also mentioned that he had equally suffered disrespect from the same government which we all worked to put in office. I also made the point that whatever travails I have gone through in the last three years belong to the past and will not shape my decisions now and in the future.

However, during those meetings, the point of disagreement between Tinubu and I is that while I expressed my worries that there is nothing on ground to assure me that the administrative style and attitude would change in the next four years in a manner that will enable us to deliver the positive changes we promised to our people, he (Tinubu) expressed a strong opinion that he would rather 'support a Buhari on the hospital stretcher' to get a second term because in 2023, power will shift to the South-west. This viewpoint of Tinubu’s was not only expressed to me but to several of my colleagues. So much for acting in national interest.

It is clear that while my own decision is based on protecting the collective national interest, Tinubu will rather live with the identified inadequacies of the government for the sake of fulfilling and preserving his presidential ambition in 2023. This new position of Tinubu has only demonstrated inconsistency — particularly when one reviews his antecedents over the years.

Again, let me reiterate my position that my uncertain and complex relationship with Tinubu has been continually defined by the event of 2014 when myself and other leaders of the APC opposed the Muslim-Muslim ticket arrangement about to be foisted on the APC for the 2015 polls. It should be noted that he has not forgotten the fact that I took the bull by the horns and told him that in the interest of the country, he should accept the need for the party to present a balanced ticket for the 2015 General Elections in terms of religion and geo-political zones. Since that time he has been very active; plotting at every point to undermine me, both within and outside the National Assembly.

It is a surprise to me that Asiwaju Tinubu is still peddling the falsehood about the fact that my defection is about automatic ticket and sharing of resources. Members of the public will recall that when the issue of my decision to quit APC came to the fore and many APC leaders were holding meetings with me, a newspaper owned by the same Tinubu published a false report about the promise of automatic tickets, oil blocks and other benefits. I immediately rebutted their claims and categorically stated that I never discussed any such personal and pecuniary benefits with anybody. My challenge that anybody who has contrary facts should come forward with them still remains open.

It should be known that Democracy is a system that allows people to freely make their choices. It is my choice that I have decided to join others to present a viable alternative platform for Nigerians in the coming elections. Tinubu and leaders of the APC had better respect this decision or lawfully deal with it. As for me, Allah gives power to whom He wishes. Human beings can only aspire and strive to fulfill their aspirations.

Signed:

Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON
President of the Senate

Bullshyte, All of you are Thieves and have no shame.

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Bigdeeee: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Everyone knows power is coming back to the Southwest in 2023 then back up north after 8 years then back to Southwest & the cycle goes on. grin

Stop sharing Level One classified information please. Do you want to give Potopoto Republic people chronic heart attack? Try to be sensitive. People that are already suffering from Buhari Frustration Derangement Syndrome. Have mercy on them. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by arabbunkum: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2018
Will that stop 'skul mining' in d West and alamajiri and BH in d North?
0balufonlll:
x

Everyone knows power is coming back to the Southwest in 2023 then back up north after 8 years then back to Southwest & the cycle goes on. grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by gbagyiza: 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:
Politics is all about interest, whether selfish or altruistic. In 2015, Tinubu wanted the vice presidency position while Saraki wanted to become Senate president. They both pursued their personal ambition that is within their rights. Attacking Tinubu based on his 2015 aspiration is plain silly.

As regards 2019, it is again all about interest, selfish or altruistic. Tinubu is supporting Buhari because his group will stand a good chance of getting the presidency in 2023. Igbo's are supporting Atiku with the hope that south east will get the vice presidency and subsequently get the presidency after his tenure. Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwakwanso etc all rejoined PDP simply because of their presidential ambition. Power will go back to the south for 8 years if Buhari wins a second term. So, they have to fight it out with him now. Politics is all about interest, alignment, positioning and calculation.

Keep deceiving yourself n trusting that Hausa Fulani will hand over d mantle of leadership to South east in 2023. I am from d north, I know what am saying.keep believing them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by VULCAN(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2018
You ignored all the heavy points he raised only to focus on one.

That is why your response is Dead on Arrival

BabaRamota1980:
Saraki is whipping up emotions of SEasterners for his cause. If he is so concerned about a balanced candidacy he should advise PDP to field Christain candidate as flagbearer. North has produced enough Muslim Presidents, its time for a Christian from North to rule.

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Amumaigwe: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2018
Kayus4real:

But we know these
"Somebody is mocking Oshomiole who started as a factory worker to attained & achieved greater heights?. But pls who is he in the first place??
--- A common thief who was trained abroad with tax payers money returned to Nigeria with dual citizenship .
----Claimed to be a Medical Doctor with untraceable & unspecific discipline in the Medical Line. Was Manager of a Bank who later defrauded people of their hard earned money.
----Father brought him to Political limelight. Greediness, over ambitiousness, and desperation led him to betrayed Father who later died with that soar in his heart.
----Pocketed Kwara state for more than a decade. Uses Kwara state Government money to run and pursued his Political career till date..
---And still have mouth to mocked a humble beginner and true Son of his Father like Oshiomole who started from nothing to something??
BUKOLA SARAKI lacks iota of Shame!!

.... while TINUBU is an honourable man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by VULCAN(m): 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2018
Stop peddling lies you APC e-rat.

There is only 1 person who can make a valid promise of shifting power to the SE and that is ....

..Buhari

And he has NEVER mentioned such.

And he Never will

Sirjamo:
Saraki would either support himself or another nothern Muslim from the pdp in 2019, and that could automatically mean the south east will be shut out for another eight years.

Buhari and APC on the other hand, is willing to let them taste the presidency as soon as 2023, but their hatred and bigotry will never let them see the low hanging fruit

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2018
geometricaxis:

Politics is numbers, if you dont have people willing to vote for you you cant win an election...simple as. Recent hate propaganda means the North and the SW will never vote for an ibo president for at least another generation.

Presidency will come back to the SW and the SS and once again to either SW or SS and there will still be no SE president.

Nobody votes for a group that openly displays hate against him...its common sense

While other regions are busy forming alliances, if the Ibos like they can continue spewing hate and allow another generation to be born swearing never to vote for an Ibo president.

What makes you think that power will return to the sw in 2023? How could a group of people be so politically naive!!! To think you actually believe a sw presidency can succeed without SE support shows you know absolutely nothing about politics? Lwt e ask you in a contest between Osibanjo or Tinubu as APC candidate and Atiku or Tambuwal as PDP candidates who do you think will emerge successful? You think the north cares about APC or PDP? You people really make me laugh.

It will be difficult if not impossible for a Southerner to ever emerge presidePresident of this country again unless the three southern regions work together (another very difficult task)

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by AkupeMBANO(m): 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
princechurchill:
People with yellow teeth often tell lies
Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:
Politics is all about interest, whether selfish or altruistic. In 2015, Tinubu wanted the vice presidency position while Saraki wanted to become Senate president. They both pursued their personal ambition that is within their rights. Attacking Tinubu based on his 2015 aspiration is plain silly.

As regards 2019, it is again all about interest, selfish or altruistic. Tinubu is supporting Buhari because his group will stand a good chance of getting the presidency in 2023. Igbo's are supporting Atiku with the hope that south east will get the vice presidency and subsequently get the presidency after his tenure. Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, Kwakwanso etc all rejoined PDP simply because of their presidential ambition. Power will go back to the south for 8 years if Buhari wins a second term. So, they have to fight it out with him now. Politics is all about interest, alignment, positioning and calculation.

Saraki is a liar. This letter contained propaganda to blackmail Tinubu.

It was chief Obasanjo who advised Tinubu against the choice of Atiku but Buhari. It was Obj that advised APC (Tinubu) against Muslim - Muslim ticket.

While the same people said Tinubu supports PMB with the hope that if PMB becomes incapacitated or dies, Osinbajo becomes the president. They have now brought 2023 presidential aspiration into the propaganda. Is that how it is easy to assume a presidential candidate of a party. Is it Tinubu that will determine if it is the turn of South West in 2023? Will Buhari not have input in who takes over from him? Yorubas are more intelligent than those your people caged over the years by your family.

You said only Lagos & Katsina benefited from Buhari government. Since you married from Ojora family of Lagos, what has Lagos benefited from FG since the inception of democracy compared to the burden Lagos bears?

Only weak minds can accept such bad write-ups

5 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by papascode: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
TINUBU has always been a greedy man. He has never been a nationalist.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by PRYCE(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
seunmsg:

See who decided to drop his hardline opinion on issues for a more objective input...!

Good for you!
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by kanosalami: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

Na where that okoro hausa dey? Saraki and the rest of the crue that suddenly left APC have all their secrets and they are ready to use them at any time. APC leave Saraki alone! Fly wey no hear follow dead body enter grave.
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by writeprof(m): 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2018
My greatest prayer is that none of these people is allowed by GOD to get to become the PRESIDENT of NIGERIA. None of them has the INTEREST of the nation at HEART and can never MAKE this nation the PRIDE of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by InvertedHammer: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2018
/
I just like how these septuagenarians are plotting for the future without factoring in death.

It is possible that some of then may not see 2023.

/

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Kayus4real:

But we know these
"Somebody is mocking Oshomiole who started as a factory worker to attained & achieved greater heights?. But pls who is he in the first place??
--- A common thief who was trained abroad with tax payers money returned to Nigeria with dual citizenship .
----Claimed to be a Medical Doctor with untraceable & unspecific discipline in the Medical Line. Was Manager of a Bank who later defrauded people of their hard earned money.
----Father brought him to Political limelight. Greediness, over ambitiousness, and desperation led him to betrayed Father who later died with that soar in his heart.
----Pocketed Kwara state for more than a decade. Uses Kwara state Government money to run and pursued his Political career till date..
---And still have mouth to mocked a humble beginner and true Son of his Father like Oshiomole who started from nothing to something??
BUKOLA SARAKI lacks iota of Shame!!

you did not mention that he used his influence to destroy intercontinental and almost sold union bank to his stooge
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by namio10: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2018
Lol.

Where is Rochas Okoroawusa who has been pleasing Hausa/Fulani, displeasing his Igbo people, in Okorocha's dream that he shall succeed president Buhari.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Charly68: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
God knows those who will rule & those that won't rule over the nation,the horse may be prepared for a battle but victory belongs to God..let them be scheming left & rights but henceforth God will do the screaming and positioning ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by nellyelitz(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Saraki giving them back to back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Deledinho: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
Auxtin85:
If Tinubu's plan is for Nigerians to keep suffering because of his evil political agenda, himself and Buhari won't see 2023
Amen Amen Amen

4 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by goaldynboy: 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2018
"(Tinubu) expressed a strong opinion that he would rather 'support a Buhari on the hospital stretcher' to get a second term because in 2023, power will shift to the South-west."

With the above selfishness of Thieffnubu, any Igbo man still supporting APC or Thieffnubu is a born-throw-away!!

IT IS MORE EASIER FOR AN HAUSA MAN TO HAND OVER TO AN IGBO MAN THAN FOR A Yoruba MAN TO HAND OVER TO IGBO MAN! To an average Yoruba man it is not in equation for an Igboman to ever rule this country!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by boxypane(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
From what I read so far, Tinubu only spilled the facts on a tyrant who sort to manipulate the party that supported him. Likewise, he SARAKI should open NASS. Why is he playing the waiting game? Is he that scared?
Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Amumaigwe: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2018
geometricaxis:

Politics is numbers, if you dont have people willing to vote for you you cant win an election...simple as. Recent hate propaganda means the North and the SW will never vote for an ibo president for at least another generation.

Presidency will come back to the SW and the SS and once again to either SW or SS and there will still be no SE president.

Nobody votes for a group that openly displays hate against him...its common sense

While other regions are busy forming alliances, if the Ibos like they can continue spewing hate and allow another generation to be born swearing never to vote for an Ibo president.

By your naive submissions above, I can deduce that you are one of the severely deprived Yoruba youth existing on the lowest rung of one of the remotest South West society whose only source of joy is having one of his kinsmen, who certainly does not give a hoot about you, in power.
How come, even without presidency or even the hope producing one in this animal farm called Nigeria, Igbos all over live a better quality life than an average Yoruba or Hausa man. This is according to UN's report.
Just ponder on this deeply. You might still be able to pick up another source of inspiration as these guys you are gloating about don't deserve you.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by peak115: 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
proeast:
Lol, ignorance in full HD display shocked shocked What exactly did you benefit with 8 years of Obasanjo rule? What did the Ijaws benefit from GEJ's rule? Continue deceiving yourself by hoping to get the presidency when the abo.kis will still determine what happens and who gets what through the national Assembly. If you are informed a bit, you should rather be clamoring for restructuring instead of a worthless presidency under a system that is perpetually skewed to favour the North!! Igbos have gone past the level of hoping to produce the president after seeing how worthless it is based on the status quo. It is only the northerners that can benefit immensely from producing the president because they hold the four aces I.e the legislature and army and thus can easily do anything they want without fear. But any president from the south will be frustrated and even threatened with impeachment or coup if he seriously antagonizes the North. The joke is on you grin embarassed tongue

Southern part of the country cannot easily win presidential election. The north will continue to work against the unity of the south. It is to their own advantage. They understand politics more than their southern counterpart.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Demmzy15(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
0balufonlll:
x

What of the 5percenters? grin

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by cmikel: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
TINUBU 2023 ASPIRATION FOR PRESIDENCY THAT IS THE PROBLEM WE HAVE

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by CSTR1005: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2018
johnmattew:
I don't like tinubu but I will prefer him 100 times over saraki
Are you Yoruba?

Because the rest of the country including the north will prefer a saraki over that tinubu.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki: Tinubu Will Support Buhari On Hospital Stretcher To Succeed Him In 2023 by Amumaigwe: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2018
obinoral1179:
the north will be enjoying the fight between the SE, SS and SW.... If buhari wins and APC decide to field a SW come 2023 if The PDP field a northern the north might win which will take them to 16 years rule so the SE better play their games well..... Because 2023 is between them and south west

Oga, get lost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Shades Buhari On Walking 800 Metres In Daura / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag / Yusuf Gagdi Inspects Nigerian Navy's New Warship Under Construction In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.