Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

A Spark(getting Me Back) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Spark(getting Me Back) (16508 Views)

Payback Time(getting Me Back) / Payback Time(getting Me Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hi everybody,my name is Madonna and this is the first time I am writing a novel on nairaland so please encourage me,comment and criticism is very very much welcome thanks....
So I'm going to invite a few people I know on nairaland and of course other lovers of fiction...
Missmosy
Rachaelfst
Audreytimms
Rosemary33
Everton4life
Ann2012
Angellinastto
Blair01
Nobody
Queenitee....
F.Y.I. I am not close with any of the above mentioned but I've read some novels on nairaland written by some of you or in which you commented do I decided to invite you
Nd.......rosemary33 come and update on kiss me one more night��

2 Likes

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
CHAPTER 1(ONE)...
He was starring at me, his eyes a deep shade of blue ,it was filled with so much love ,love that made me want to shed tears of gratitude.
"Kizzy "he began softly,my name had never sounded so beautiful , he drew out the syllables one by one
" I love you "he said,I was about to reply when he crashed his lips onto mine, I lost myself in the kiss it was not a heated affair just a simple kiss,a promise kiss, a kiss of better things to come, I snaked my hands around his neck and into his hair I was drowning in the kiss when suddenly

"Kizzy,Kizzy,kizzy" I heard someone call.
What! I thought who could be calling me when I was getting kissed? no I thought, the person can go to hell if I knew I would have answered the person calling out my name but I didn't the sharp pain on my cheeks brought me back to life,it was then I realized I was dreaming all along.
I opened my eyes just to find Dan towering over me, I couldn't tell whether he was angry or not his face was a mask completely void of any feeling I knew I was dead...
"Look at the time" he said gently which surprised me.
"DDan I.. I.." I started when he pointed at the virgin Mary wall clock in the wall.
"Look at the time" he said again without breaking his gaze on me, I stare at the wall and I almost fainted it was 6:00 in the morning
"Holy crap" I said "Dan i.. I..I'm sorry please I I can still fix something please"
He smiled and stood straight he was already dressed in a dark blue superfine jacket,a White shirt,red tie,blue Trou........ Gosh I knew I was a fool I was checking him out instead of thinking of a way to plead with him, I scrambled out of bed and started bending and pleading "please Dan I'm so sorry I over slept please please don't beat me up please".
He kept staring at me ,I didn't know what to expect,then he started coming towards me, while I kept moving backwards,he continued moving closer to me till my back kissed the wall,he kept moving towards me till our bodies were literally touching,then he bent his head, I knew the slap was coming so I closed my eyes and puffed out my cheeks,1..2..3..4....5..6..7..8..9...10.I reached my maximum countdown and I was still not slapped .........yet,I opened my eyes and found him staring at me
" why...just why kizzy,do you like doing this to yourself "
I didn't even bother replying.
"Just make me coffee I'll get something to eat in the office"
I just stared like a fool, while he went out of the room.I mentally counted the days to know if it was my birthday but it wasn't for another two weeks,then it hit me the promise I made on sunday, I had promised God I would never miss night vigils again if he turned my marriage around wow I guess he heard.
I made the coffee briskly,put it on a tray and made my way to the dining room I met him standing I placed the tray on the table and stood looking at him.
"Okay when you're done checking me out let me know so I can leave for work" he said with a grin on his face, I blinked so as to be sure I was not dreaming then when I saw him still staring I knew I wasn't.cool I thought, I'll play along
"I wasn't checking you out"
"Yes you were"
"No I wasn't"
Chaiiiiii if I had known I would just have agreed I was checking him out, next thing I felt was the hottest slap of the century on my cheeks. I looked wide eyed at him and his eyes were blazing hot
"I said you were" he shouted angrily.
tears pooled in my eyes, please please pleeaaasse don't fall ple.... It was too late the tears were now falling quickly.Dan took one last look at me carried his briefcase and left.
It was a sorry sight, me with my hair disheveled holding my cheek.
"You can forget the night vigils okay? The deal is off" I screamed.

WHY DO GOD NEVER HONOR THE DEALS WE MAKE?

THE END.

JUST KIDDING TO BE CONTINUED(courtesy of everton4life)
T.B.C(TO BE CONTINUED)

2 Likes

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Angelinastto(f): 7:31pm On Aug 20, 2018
you mis spelt my name sweet.......... I see talent. I'm gon be following **winks**

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2018
Wowee a comment eventually thanks a bunch and I'm sorry about the spelling error...next update is for you wink wink wink
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
DEDICATED TO ANGELINASTTO.....�for being the first to comment.

It was 6:30am already I didn't want to be late for work.I scrambled up and momentarily flew to my room yes yes and yes my room Daniel and I a couple but we've never shared a room in all six years of our beloved marriage.I only slept in his room when he wanted to have sex and afterwards I'm back to my room.
I remove the sheer nightie I had on and wrapped a towel on my body I took out another towel and placed it on my arm I walked over to my wardrobe and picked my outfit I then walk into the bathroom to have my ...........

*****************+*****************
I looked at myself in the mirror at 28years of age I still looked okay. I didn't really love heavy makeup so I just applied a little mascara and a bit of clear lip gloss. I grabbed my red handbag off the bed and I ran downstairs,I opened the front door and what met my eyes were a massive fleet of cars owned by a goddamn bastard .......

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Angelinastto(f): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2018
haha.... this is too short nao.
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Angelinastto(f): 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
been awhile on this section but I still remember some of my NL family.
girlhaley, queenitee, chumsypinky, missmossy, Rachelfst, Babsopey, yungtemy, oluwatymylehin, xamster, femzy, jagugu88li, olatex25, showbizz, royaldave200. please join me to make this ride interesting **kisses**

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2018
Continued...

Gosh I thought I didn't normally curse , I made my way to a shiny blue Toyota corolla I PURCHASED WITH MY MONEY!!! I feel the need to make that clear. I got in the car and looked around for our gateman well kinda like gateboy.
"CHUKS" I yelled with all my might,I had to shout like three more times before I saw him running towards me "ha madame you dey call me? Abi you no dey call me? ha e be lyk sey I dey dream" he spurted as he ran towards me.
"Madame sorry o you dey vex? Pls abeg madame I jus talk sey make I go baf for did early morning".
" na true chuks I dey call you and no be sey na vex dey make me no answer na be sey my mind dey far away oya open gate make I pass"
"OK madame" he said as he scurried off to open the gate. I turned the key in the ignition and the car roared to life I gripped the steering wheel and for a moment I imagined it was Dan's chicken like neck I was holding and my face contorted in rage I moved the car and pressed down the acceleration.
"Osanobua" I heard chuks shout as I drove like a mad person out of the so called House.

************************+*************************
I got to the office at exactly 7:20am thank God, I thought then I remembered I was currently not talking to God. I made my way out of the parking lot and into the company's first floor.
"Morning Mrs Paige" Cindy our branch's receptionist greeted me cheerfully
"Hello cee- cee how are you"
"I'm fine ma'am"
"As always right?" I said while she giggled "okay have a nice day".
I rode the elevator up unto the sixth floor, I was just making my way towards my office when I heard someone call my name
" kizzy?"
I turned around and saw a random guy giving me a questioning look.
"I'm sorry ma'am miss Paige?"
"It's a Mrs actually" I smiled at him trying to reassure him seeing as he was visibly nervous
"I'm sorry again its my first day and.. Pardon my manners I'm Timi and I'm Mr Abraham's new personal assistant"
"Oh"
"He'd like to see you ma on the last floor"
"Last floor?"
"Yes ma'am"
"Thank you"
"You're welcome"
As I moved towards my office a thought struck,the last floor was for the CEO, the president,vice president and their secretaries.the board meetings were also held on the last floor,so? What was Mr Abraham doing up there? I thought.

"Fine girl shey I go fit collect your number"
A voice called.
I recognized the voice instantly even before I looked at the person.I looked up to see the smiling face of my secretary and best friend Helen.
"Babe what's up na"
"I dey o" she replied "are you OK ?" She asked studying me critically.
"I'm fine MR Abraham wants to see me on the last floor."
"Wetin Mr Abraham dey do for last floor na"
"Helen!!!!!"
"Sorry okay" she raised up her hands in surrender"what is Mr Abraham doing on the last floor"
"How I for take know na?" I replied "sorry I mean how do you expect me to know? You're the one who wants to infect me with pidginlaria disease"
"Okay I accept,you better go see him I'll help you drop your bag"
"Thanks bae"
"You're welcome" I smile then make my way towards the elevator, and somehow Helen saying you're welcome made me remember the shy guy from earlier this morning, what was his name again?? Yeah timi.....

T.B.C.
thanks angelinastto. kiss
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
Angelinastto:
haha.... this is too short nao.
I'm sorry longer updates coming right up��
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2018
Angelinastto:
girlhaley, queenitee, chumsypinky, missmossy, Rachelfst, Babsopey, yungtemy, oluwatymylehin, xamster, femzy, jagugu88li, olatex25, showbizz, royaldave200. please join me to make this ride interesting **kisses**
10 gbosa's for Angie you inviting people onto my tread makes me want to cry*takes handkerchief* thanks a zillion cheesy
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2018
Guys is there something I'm doing wrong??just one faithful commentator:
Josephinegal
Kingbenedict
Airoflow
Samadict
Kayo88
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by pweetymhi(f): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
Following.... Don't delay the updates
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by YungTemy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thanks for the invite, Angelinastto kiss it's been awhile o. And I actually took my time to read through the "E-Novel" and I most say it's a wonderful piece. smiley . Well done Maddonna222. Keep it up.
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna22: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
pweetymhi:
Following.... Don't delay the up
dates
I'm sorry I was banned and thanks for glancing through updates on the way!!!
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna22: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
YungTemy:
Thanks for the invite, Angelinastto kiss it's been awhile o. And I actually took my time to read through the "E-Novel" and I most say it's a wonderful piece. smiley . Well done Maddonna222. Keep it up.
grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by pweetymhi(f): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Maddonna22:

I'm sorry I was banned and thanks for glancing through updates on the way!!!
U're Welcome
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna2222: 7:39am On Aug 22, 2018
CHAPTER 1 PART B
FOR PWEETYMHI ND YUNG TEMY

JAKE'S P.O.V(POINT OF VIEW).
In a sense I was still grateful to my dad, all the while I spent wallowing in misery mourning Keisha he just never stopped believing I had it in me,and now here am I after my doctorate in Canada in my father's biggest branch of his construction companies about to be made a corporation president at 30years of age.
"MR Danish?" Mr Abraham called,and judging by the raising of his voice it wasn't the first time he was calling.
"Sorry, yes"
"I've just gotten info that Mrs Paige has arrived,and please bear with her she's never late"
I was about to reply when the conference room's door was opened and a lady walked in,she smiled at some of the partners,nodded at some and gave a big smile to Mr Abraham.Her gaze shifted to me and the smile disappeared only to be replaced by a slight frown.
She was dressed in a white knee length kimono jacket,a white kinda curvy singlet,red kinda tight trousers that stopped above her ankle, red 3-inch like pointed stiletto heels and a silver wristwatch,her natural hair weavon was packed in a high ponytail and still stopped a little below her waist.
SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!.......

*****************************‡********************
KIZZY'S P.O.V.
What actually made me frown was he was wearing the exact same thing as Dan wore this morning and looked kinda Italian.
"Kizzy we've been uh waiting for quite sometime for you" Mr Abraham said as he returned my smile."do have your sit" he gestured towards the chair on the right of the same guy who was by the way sitting farthest of the long conference table
"I'm sorry Sir"I said while moving towards the chair.
" well kiz, as you very well know the president has always claimed that he'll retire from the corporation once he finds a good successor, well then permit me to introduce to you Jacob Danish the new corporation president "he finished and I almost gasped.what shocked me the most was that I'd no longer see Mr Danish himself anymore, the old man had apeculiar liking for me,he readily treated me as his daughter.I was jolted out of my thoughts by the deep masculine voice of the new CEO....
" Jake Danish pleased to meet you"he stretched forth his hand.
"Kizzy Paige the pleasure's all mine" I replied shaking his hands.
"So let's get down to business,I'm planning on turning this organization around for better, my father spent 39years of his life building this empire, and I'm going to make sure it doesn't fall apart under my feet,so Mrs Paige what do you have on the hammacco contract" he turned to me and I could see the nod of approval coming from some of the board members,I cleared my throat and proceeded to give me a taste of the fiery me.
"Well from what I've gathered thus far the people from hammacco are kind of double dealing,while they are having talks with us I've got info they're also dealing with the Swedes so I've gotten myself lunch with their CEO for 1:00pm today at the plaza de familia I'm planning on sweating him out ,And showing him the advantages of securing the contract for us,".
"Sweat him,like you always do heh" Chief Atagisoro a partner piped in. I just turned to him and gave him my second best smile.
"Make reservations for three, I'll go with you, their president owes me a personal favour" Jake said looking at me.
"I bet you he'll be racing through traffic to see we get the contract when you two are done with him" Mrs Amarachukwu smiled at Jake,she was a 42years old widow who never relented in getting as much "young nd fresh blooded men as she could".
He returned her smile and then Stella another employee began talking.
" one of our branch in Lagos is having
Fraud issues within their organization some suspected to be invol......"
And on and on the meeting went on and on,then my mind drifted to Jake, you like him don't you?a voice in me said,of course not no I don't, I don't like him,no,no,and no.I kept saying but then a small quiet voice in my head said you do like him".and it felt .........right.

T.B.C
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by pweetymhi(f): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2018
Thanks for the dedication.. Ride on
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by olatex25(m): 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2018
Angelinastto:

it been awhile here also, but can't neglect a mother call.. long time sis, have missed being here oo.. oya let getting ready to ruuummbbllee!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2018
olatex25:

it been awhile here also, but can't neglect a mother call.. long time sis, have missed being here oo.. oya let getting ready to ruuummbbllee!!!!!!!!
And rumble we shall thanks for viewing grin
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2018
CHAPTER 1 CONTINUED.
FOR OLATEX25.
The meeting lasted for a whole two hours.i was getting tired of the whole thing when Jake stood up and declared it over. All the staffs had then be dismissed.
I had barely settled down in my office when Helen came in and sat straight in front of me looking me in the eye,after about a minute had gone by she finally spoke up.
" why did that bastard slap you this morning"
"hel, he is not a bastard"
"Really?" She said sarcastically "only a bastard beats up a woman not to talk of his wife,....so? What did you do today".
I went on ahead to explain everything to her, when I was done she spoke up.
" I know you're gonna say its the same thing I always say but it's the reasonable thing to do,get-a-divorce!!, its as simple as that ".
" you know I can't what would my father say?And I can't bear to see my family disgraced. "
"But still you do know your happiness is what matters the most,......welll at least to me."
"Helen you're the best friend I've ever had but still ....."
"But what?" Helen Interrupted me.
"You do know what's at stake for me"
She seemed to have relaxed cause then she looked at me passionately,
"But still if and I repeat if this gets out of hand I swear I'm gonna be the first person you'll see on your doorsteps and I'll bring all of Gabriel's army with me" she always loved to boast of Gabriel a colonel in the nigerian army, a guy back in our university days who relentlessly chased her and is still doing so,a pity he was in for an eternal heartbreak since Helen wasn't into guys..... Yes and yes she wasn't,but it was a hard thing for guys not to notice her she was tall at least 5'8, slim with a complexion like that of taraj.p in think like a man, act like a lady(I can watch that movie anytime anyday, anywhere.),though not busty,but what she lacked in bust she made up for it in her face and behind, her hair was short but so soft and curly you'd think she was African American when she wore it down.
"You should have just gotten married to kyle back in school" hel said jolting me out of my thoughts.
"Common babe you know that was not even an option then"
"Or better still you could have dated me then and we would have flown out to somewhere like New york where gay men and women are allowed to date freely and gotten married." Before I knew it I had burst out laughing Helen sure knew how to make me laugh.
"Abeg I wan dey go,e be lyk sey dis new boss go tough ooo"
"Hmmmm dey go dey go I no wan hear sey dem don sack you"
"Make them sack me nau, hm dem no know sey fine girls lyk us wey know our job wella na big companies dey rush us ..... See I dey go bye ."
"Bye to you too"
"Take care and don't forget I'm always here for you,now common show me that crazy no nonsense Benin girl I used to know"
"She's gone hel,fear killed her a long time ago" I stated flatly while smiling at her.
"Nah she isn't dead she's still in there somewhere" she said pointing at my chest"I think she's just waiting for the perfect timing to make her grand entrance ".
And with that she moved towards the door. I looked at her retreating figure as she headed towards the door,I was so lucky I had her.
"What would I do without you" I called after her
"More than you're doing right now so get off your lazy backside and get to work .....MA!!" And with that she was gone.
I slipped further back into my chair and rehearsed how I was going to get the CEO of Hammacco to award us the contract.then I thought again of Jake and then of Timi I liked Jake's character but his face made no appeal to me, I had seen enough gorgeous guys in my lifetime but there was something about Timi some thing I just couldn't place my hands on, a kind of pull that made me think I knew from before."maybe a past life" my inner being said or.... could it be................
"AWWW shut up shut up" I shouted in exasperation.
T.B.C.
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
Continued.......
We were at the plaza de familia, seating in Jake's Benz,he had wanted to go in immediately when Rosita the head waitress whom I was familiar with called to tell me there was still nobody at the table I reserved for three.we both just sat down in silence while we waited patiently for Rosita's call.1..2..3..4...5..agonising minutes, then my phone rang.I picked it recognising Rosita's number immediately,she told me there was a gentleman at the reserved table waiting.I thanked her and cut the line.

**************************#***********************
JAKE'S P.O.V.
HER perfume filtered through the car and I smiled in my belly,it was tobacco vanille I kinda wondered why a woman like her would choose such a masculine perfume to use,well then there was a probability her perfume had ran out and she'd decided to use her husbands. It was then I remembered Keisha and the way she always loved to use my emergency perfume claiming she wanted always to Smell me around her.
"The CEO has arrived"she said to me
" well then let's go sweat him out"I knew I sounded gruff but I didn't care I just wanted to finish this ridiculous deal and go home to drown myself in the memories of keisha.
"Wait a minute" she replied, without even sparing me a glance she adjusted the rearview mirror took a look at herself,then brought out a lipstick.
Haaaa I had thought she was different but then she was the same as other women was she trying to get me to notice her?? I hissed in my belly,did she think this would make her more attractive? Gross come to think of it now she looked like a donkey in a bikini.
She applied the shiny red lipstick all over her lips, smacked them together, then turned around to put the lipstick back in her bag when our gaze collided.
There was something magnetic in the air,and so electrifying were her eyes they, they were soooo black,the pupil's dark aura against a massive white surface made mewant to stare at those eyes forever, i lost myself in them and gosh did she have big eyeballs they were big.her voice brought me out of my state of bewilderment.
"Don't be surprised,I use lipsticks when I'm having a hard setdown with a client.it gives me confidence"
"I wasn't surprised at your lipsticks and I didn't demand an explanation" I fired before getting out of the car not even waiting for her,even when she started shouting "Mr Danish" and telling me to "stop" I never looked back.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 8:57am On Aug 23, 2018
Chapter2
Jake's POV

I had almost made my way out of the underground parking lot, when she Caught up with me she pulled my hand and I yanked it away from her, with a force I've never seen a woman possess she pulled me roughly to face her, when I did her eyes were murderous if looks could kill I'd be dead.
"Listen Jake I've spent the last six months chasing this contract and I'd not like to see it all go down the drain because of an egoistic son of a bitc..... Well an egoist,so we're going to wait for 2 more minutes before going in cause that's the way to deal in this business you don't portray yourself as desperate , you come late to appointments they know you're a very busy person, you have lots of things to do.so next time they want an appointment with you they'd know if you accepted it would be an honour okay??.
I just stood looking at her,I didn't know what to say, she took a look at her wristwatch and cursed.

" well seems like I already spent 3minutes talking to you let's go" and with that she walked ahead her head held high.
NEVER HAVE I HAD A WOMAN TREAT ME IN SO HIGHHANDED A MANNER...

T.B.C
I'm sorry if this is short but my phone is already at 3% this is all I could do cry
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by olatex25(m): 9:40am On Aug 23, 2018
hm dem no know sey fine girls lyk us wey know our job wella na big companies dey rush us ... yeye dey smell.

well-done bro, more grease to ur elbow and more inks to ur biro.. thanks for d dedication man, really appreciate
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by olatex25(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2018
u cud have cum for my power banks na, too short but very interesting....
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
olatex25:
hm dem no know sey fine girls lyk us wey know our job wella na big companies dey rush us ... yeye dey smell.

well-done bro, more grease to ur elbow and more inks to ur biro.. thanks for d dedication man, really appreciate
Wetin wan yeye am na nd... Me be lady oooo grin

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
olatex25:
u cud have cum for my power banks na, too short but very interesting....
Haaaa na transport fare knack me for ground ooo
Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Angelinastto(f): 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
olatex25:

yeah!!!!!! the boss is here...... thanks for honouring my invite honey.... missed you!

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Angelinastto(f): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2018
YungTemy:
my one and only nairaland husband! thanks for coming, lemme pay for your flight.....

1 Like

Re: A Spark(getting Me Back) by Maddonna222(f): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Continued...
Jake's POV.
I was fuming in my rage as I tagged along behind her into the restaurant.
She moved across to a table where a gentle man was sitting and sat across him,I followed and sat beside her, I was still too dumbfounded to think of anything but I knew I had to give this deal my everything.
"Hello" the gentleman at the table said with a goofy smile on his face and looking at us like he owned the world.his smile was intimidating me already, I wanted to reply his greeting but I was tonguetied geez I shouldn't have underestimated this meeting.I was about making a complete fool of myself when Mrs Paige spoke up....to my rescue.
"No need for niceties K.M" her voice shocked the daylights outta me, in the car and at the meeting this morning her voice had been all gentle and feminine but now it sounded ...bossy.
"My my" k.m drawled"we're getting testy aren't we?" Really left to me the guy looked like a donkey in a swimsuit.
"You know" kizzy began again"one thing I hate most is a man forgetting people who have done him good formerly"she paused allowing that to sink in"if you very well remember when your firm was in real trouble last year due to that tape of your operations manager getting killed by shooting himself in the head after he was fired for f*cking a fellow staff,do you need all the little details or you get the picture" she asked the man narrowing her eyes.well well, I decided to join the chat since I knew about these particular scandal.
"The public thought your company firing him drove him to death and so calamity befell you" I calmly told him.
"Social media attack,protest demonstration, and even your goods were falling out of the market we had provided you financial help and also helped in shipping your products outside Nigeria, so the least you can do is award us this contract"
"Fine fine, but it comes with a price, for all I know you could forget about me and my firm after I help you get the contract so,transfer me a cool $1000000 and the contracts yours,deal??"
"$500000 or no deal" I heard kizzy say.
"We'll make a average profit of $7000000 from this deal we can give him a million" I whispered to her but instead of replying she held up that stubborn chin of hers a minute before speaking
"What do you say k.m"
"Okay $700000"
"No way in hell $550000""
"Okay its cool I'd send you my bank details"...

KIZZY'S POV.
I looked at Jake and he was staring at me in awe.
Well well well.I was about transferring the money when I looked at the guys face and noticed he was anxious, then it struck me hahahaha this one no know me at all o na your mama you wan jinx ga omo you go peme(die)last last. I switched to my phone settings and to security, I tuned it to fingerprint and presented it to him, he looked at me like I was crazy.
" wh..wh..what is this"he asked and looked at Jake as if needing him to stop me.
"Oh oh oh you didn't think we'd buy smoke in a bag right? I need your finger print for assurance"
"Ha ha okay" he shakily stretched forth his hand.
"Okay okay stop the foolishness, I know you're not k.m and I don't blame you for taking a run for the money but you've wasted enough of my time so I'm gonna ask you only once where's your boss?
He smiled stood and put his hands in his pockets
" let's go" I said to jake,and made to stand up, it was surprising when he stood too without questioning me.
We were about to start walking away when suddenly the plaza door swung open, and men in dark suits and black shades stormed the restaurant. Wow so finally I was going to meet the Almighty K.M, he had no pictures taken of him by the press, and he was known by all as K.M his initials.
A man entered walking in the midst of the uniformed men walking towards us, I squinted my eyes to see clearly and he looked kind of .....familiar, but I couldn't be sure as he was wearing a black shade. He finally got to me and I almost fainted when he removed his glasses and smiled....oh that smile it was the best,I could never forget it in a zillion years and there he stood in front of me tall and even more handsome than before,than the last time I saw him as he stood in the rain in front of our gate pleading with me to never let him go.the one who prevailed on my dreams lately, the one who made me get a two hot slap this early morning, the part of the slapping incident made me smile through my tears, I hadn't even known I was crying and with that smile I rushed into his arms.
He grabbed me and hugged me so tight, I gasped for air.And when he set me down after more than 5minutes of hugging and me crying and he said
With that softness in his eye he seemed to have for only me he said..
"I missed you stay, I miss you" my heart seemed to break into a thousand little pieces.....

T.B.C.

GUYS SORRY ABOUT EARLIER, I HOPE THIS MAKES UP FOR IT!!! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / Top Book Publishers In Nigeria / My Honest Observation And Critique Of Americanah By Chimanda Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.