Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro (27029 Views)

"Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps / How To Make Homemade Delicious Eforiro Nigerian Vegetable Soup Low Budget Style / Bachelor Way Of Celebrating Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Tinalex(f): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
post=70661275:

Two is company.
Bring him along o.
It will be more fun pleeeaasseeee! wink cheesy
Both of you are great guys!
And pleaseeeee, its enough guys!
We are on a good thread o.
Good life! wink
OK...for your sake...I legbegbe jare. You be pesin!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tinalex:

OK...for your sake...I legbegbe jare. You be pesin!!!
Good.
We'll invite you guys pretty soon.
Thumbs up.
Hugs!

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by ultimate77(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
please, someone should tell me what that ...... Riro means in Hausa. I think i will understand better before i comment. Slm
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by emerged01(m): 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
The vegetable seems soft. Not good!

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by boomssey(f): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
Mariangeles:
grin grin grin
Next time try it with water leaves ( gure) and shoko...
most people don't like putting d vegetables in hot water, they believe you're removing the vitamins. Like waterleaf u don't add add to hot water but anyways we all have different patterns n methods of cooking.
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
You did op.A meal might have good looks yet it doesn't have taste while it doesn't look nice but has good taste.don't be moved by some ladies here because many of them are jealous. To me this dish is excellent
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by placeofallure(f): 6:24pm On Aug 27, 2018
Kudos! Next time add iru, (locust bean) it gives it a special flavour. You can also add a bit of ginger to the pepper before grinding. Those little tinnies have great nutritional value. Then watch how you dish the food. You smeared the bowl with the droppings. It makes it look unattractive.

I mostly cook efo elegunsi using ugwu or dried ewuro. I especially love the ewuro (bitter leaf) I don't soak the ewuro in hot water, I like to protect the nutrients from washing away. My husband prefers the efo elegunsi to efo riro, you should try it out too. You will like the bitter-sweet aftermath ewuro taste.

3 Likes

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
dominique:

Not everybody soak the vegetable in hot water before cooking. My dad believes the hot water kills mos of the nutrients. So when cooking vegetables for him, we just rinse the veggies with salt and add to the sauce.
Yeah me too i put vegetable when i'm about to take it down... You don't need to cook it for long else u will be eating trash
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by blackaxe78: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
The OP should be monitored for the next 3days

He must have just poisoned himself
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by twinsluv: 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
missiret:
Firstly, you tried but from the last picture, it showed u didnt put the efo inside hot water b4 adding it to the stew
No need for that o. His method makes the efo crispy

2 Likes

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tinalex:

Iru is bae oooo
Azin...
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by twinsluv: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2018
oneroflo57:

Ahhhh... I did not ooo
Is that a thing?
Lemme start taking notes
Never mind. Your method makes the efo crispy

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by SEONaijaExpert: 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
dominique:

Not everybody soak the vegetable in hot water before cooking. My dad believes the hot water kills mos of the nutrients. So when cooking vegetables for him, we just rinse the veggies with salt and add to the sauce.
When can I come and pay your bride price, it's long overdue. My people are ready.

2 Likes

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by frozen70(f): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2018
Houseofglam7:
I'd love to learn to cook Nigerian meals embarassed
Who knows?

Those days that your mum will be in the kitchen, calling you for help
You will go and play ball in the field

That would have been the best time for you to learn cooking skills
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by MISSOPTIMIST(f): 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
I applaud and celebrate the op and all men in this thread who can cook.. You guys rock big time.

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by adieora(f): 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
missiret:
Firstly, you tried but from the last picture, it showed u didnt put the efo inside hot water b4 adding it to the stew

Wronggg. I disagree
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Bestchisom(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tinalex:

Hehnnnn....how can you be done? Please come back here let this poor illiterate finish you, idiot without vision!!!! I am waiting oooo
Someone should open a thread and explain why people hates Airforce1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Houseofglam7(f): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
frozen70:

Those days that your mum will be in the kitchen, calling you for help
You will go and play ball in the field

That would have been the best time fur for you to learn cooking skills
Excuse me
I don't remember playing football as a kid.
You sure you got the right girl
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by ifartonyou: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
undecided shocked
Bestchisom:

Airforce1 don run..... chai
Abeg no let niggas down. Come give her fatality, abi beer don finish ur liver?
Bestchisom:

Abeg no let niggas down, we dey ur back for front page u wan skip Come give her fatality, abi beer don finish ur liver?
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Airforce1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2018
ifartonyou:

Abeg no let niggas down. Come give her fatality, abi beer don finish ur liver?

cheesy grin cheesy grin

I'm a lover, not a fighter.
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by ifartonyou: 7:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
cool
Airforce1:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

oya flog am doggy make she dey fart dey go grin
Airforce1:

cheesy grin cheesy grin

oya flog am doggy make she dey fart dey go
we dey ur back
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by mercydaniel: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
oneroflo57:

Ahhhh... I did not ooo
Is that a thing?
Lemme start taking notes
chai husband material 100yard, just like my brothers, a woman can't mess with dere stomach.
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Sterope(f): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
You are wicked tongue
pocohantas:

I like oil, he should put more sef grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by folaisha: 8:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
What a man can do a woman can do better but what a woman can do a man should not try it.Hence the score is 60/ 100

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by YorubaAssasin: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
post=70660576:
CORRECT GUY!
Now, you make us hungry!
This is the one we posted on the food section some days back.(Pounded yam, efo-riro and goat meat!)
You did as good as a woman oneroflo57.
Keep it up man!

Like I've always thought and said abt you... You need a thorough psycho evaluation! undecided

Why are you trying to steal the O.P's shine? You're a freaking psycho attention seeker, I swear! Nobody gives a hoot or fvck abt whatever BS / dead meats you prepare! angry, Abeg... get lost! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
.....chai!
Few are roaming on the streets o.
Steal shine?!
See dis tin mentality above! cheesy grin
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by justmenoni: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2018
Tomatoes in ego riro Are u for real?
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by adaxxy: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2018
missiret:
chef...
The vitamins go wash comot ...
It's better that way..
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by adaxxy: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
oneroflo57:

Ahhhh... I did not ooo
Is that a thing?
Lemme start taking notes
Very ok without pouring hot water ...to retain the nutrients...your cooking is very ok but should reduce the oil..
I give it to you..99.9 /100
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Odiofemanu.....

1 Like

Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by ImaIma1(f): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
oneroflo57:

I'll try that next time I do it

Look nice. Why didn't you blend the crayfish. And you sure love onions
Re: A Curious Bachelor's Own Version Of Eforiro by oneroflo57(m): 3:51am On Aug 28, 2018
post=70660576:
CORRECT GUY!
Now, you make us hungry!
This is the one we posted on the food section some days back.(Pounded yam, efo-riro and goat meat!)
You did as good as a woman oneroflo57.
Keep it up man!

Yes boss, that's how we roll grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Cakes For Beautiful Occasions. Kindly Place Your Orders Let's CAKE IT / Foods You Should Never Eat Past Their Expiry Date / What Name Is SPINACH Called In Our Local Markets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.