Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Engine Oil Pump - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Pump (1664 Views)

How Much Is 2002 Toyota Camry OIL PUMP And How Do I Know The Good One? / Oil Pump Needed / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
pls i would love to know how to check my engine oil pressure thanks
Re: Engine Oil Pump by obekediamondfuto(m): 5:48am On Aug 21, 2018
just like that?

while @ it check the height and weight and octane ratings also..... make sure the oil pressure is within spec too.. . .

like a human checking BP

1 Like

Re: Engine Oil Pump by timifakay(m): 6:15am On Aug 21, 2018
segun2king:

Why sir?
Re: Engine Oil Pump by mustydeen(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2018
segun2king:

Why would you?.

Do you have oil light on while vehicle is idling?
Re: Engine Oil Pump by Alvin007: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
just like that?

while @ it check the height and weight and octane ratings also..... make sure the oil pressure is within spec too.. . .

like a human checking BP
You will not kill me...

Re: Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 10:21am On Aug 22, 2018
timifakay and mustydeen yes sir oil light on when in drive and reverse but goes off on park
Re: Engine Oil Pump by mustydeen(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2018
segun2king:
timifakay and mustydeen yes sir oil light on when in drive and reverse but goes off on park

What car model is it sir.

And when was it you noticed this, did youchange your oil or oil filter lately, what viscosity of oil do use for your oil change? What was the last job that was done on the car

Youve got a low pump pressure issue. But we should not just conclude your oil pump is bad. The above infos and other details could help out in knowing what the problem really is

Just saw in some other thread you created that the sump and radiator was changed. You didnt state why you changed the sump? and the oil grade you used.

There is a slim chance of a bad oil switch issue.

And are you sure it was the right sump that was used. Abi na oga, na the same thing.

I will advise that you park the vehicle and get this issue resolved before any further use of it.
Re: Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
The sump was leaking and also changed the filter and oil.I used seahorse 20w50 thanks
Re: Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2018
it is a Volvo 850 i also changed the oil filter and i used seahorse engine oil 20w50
Re: Engine Oil Pump by timifakay(m): 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2018
segun2king:

Does it stay on when accelerator pedal is depressed, or just when the gears are first engaged?
Re: Engine Oil Pump by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
segun2king:
it is a Volvo 850 i also changed the oil filter and i used seahorse engine oil 20w50

re-do every thing again, but this time, pay attention to the O ring that sits in between the pan and the engine. Replace it.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2018
timifakay and Gazzuzz i did not move it since i noticed it .But the first time i saw it.it sometimes appears and goes off And what is an o ring thanks
Re: Engine Oil Pump by radautoworks: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2018
Use 5w30 this time. At worst, 10w30
Re: Engine Oil Pump by segun2king: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2018
i got a mechanic to clean the sump clean the filter net and replace the filter.which he did we poured back the oil started the car the oil light went off i was so happy.
but later this evening i decided to check the oil gauge but there was nothing on the dip stick i then proceeded to check the oil fill port there is oil in there and there is no leak
Re: Engine Oil Pump by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
segun2king:
i got a mechanic to clean the sump clean the filter net and replace the filter.which he did we poured back the oil started the car the oil light went off i was so happy.
but later this evening i decided to check the oil gauge but there was nothing on the dip stick i then proceeded to check the oil fill port there is oil in there and there is no leak

there should be oil on the stick. Fill up with more oil until it reflects on the stick.
Re: Engine Oil Pump by radautoworks: 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

there should be oil on the stick. Fill up with more oil until it reflects on the stick.

And get a new mechanic while you're at it.

(1) (Reply)

HONDA End Of Discussion For Sale! / 2013 HONDA ACCORD For Sale / Car Hire Purchase For Bolt/uber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.