Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,305 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration (3447 Views)

Stock Market: Investors Lose N222bn In 6 Hours / Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn / Stock Market Investors Lose N11billion On Trading Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Nwaforj44: 4:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Ahead of the Eid-El-Kabir celebration, transactions on the equity sector of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), closed on a downward note yesterday, following price losses suffered by virtually all the blue-chip stocks, as market capitalisation dipped by N220billion.

In line with the Federal Government’s declaration of a two-day public holiday to mark the 2018 celebration, the Exchange will be closed down on August 21 and 22.The All Share Index (ASI) shed 602.81 points, representing a loss of 1.71 per cent to close at 37,992.12 points. Similarly, the market capitalisation declined by N220billion to close at N12.655trillion.

The upward trend recorded on Friday, could not be sustained due to investor’s apathy on the market. More so, the market witnessed more sell pressure ahead of the Muslim festival.

The downturn was impacted by losses recorded in medium and large capitalised stocks, amongst which were; Nigerian Breweries, Unilever Nigeria, Guaranty Trust Bank, PZ Cussons, and Zenith Bank.

Analysts at United Capital noted that, “given that the second quarter 2018 earnings season is closing out, we expect geopolitical events and policy changes to impact more on global equity indexes.

“However, in the near term, we expect a stronger economic outlook, and double-digit earnings increases to provide support for rising stock prices in the U.S. markets.
“We also expect the market to remain largely downbeat in the local market due to a continued absence of bullish triggers. Also, we expect investors to take profit during early trades ahead of the holiday.”

Market breadth maintained a negative sentiment to close with 11 gainers to 22 losers. Airline Services and Logistics led the gainers table by 8.99 per cent to close at N4.85 per share. FCMB Groups followed with a gain of 5.88 per cent to close at N1.80, while Regency Insurance appreciated by 4.35 per cent to close at 24kobo per share.

Similarly, Skye Bank went up by 4.17 per cent to close at 50kobo and Lasaco Assurance rose by 3.23 per cent to close at 32kobo per share.On the other hand, UAC Property led the laggards’ table by 8.19 per cent to close at N1.57 per share. Honeywell Flour trailed with a loss of 7.59 per cent to close at N1.46, while Japaul Oil and Maritime Services shed 7.14 per cent to close at 26kobo per share.

PZ Cussons dipped 7.12 per cent to close at N13.05, while United Capital went down 6.62 per cent to close at N2.82 per share.Also, total volume traded declined by 41.09 per cent to 220.5 million shares valued at N3.19billion, exchanged in 3,054 deals.

Transactions in the shares of United Bank for Africa (UBA) topped the activity chart with 42.72 million shares valued at N354.78million. Zenith Bank traded 36.66 million shares worth N34.23million, and Access Bank transacted 32.69 million shares valued at N310.43million.Skye Bank followed with 18.32 million shares worth N9.16million, while FBN Holdings traded 15.58 million shares valued at N151.56million.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/stock-market-investors-lose-n220b-ahead.html

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Pabloosas(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Hmmmnn...

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 21, 2018
Saraki why naaaaa. You can't be doing this again.

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by agwocomedian: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Wetin concern me?

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by netflicks(m): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2018
Just share the money and forget about the market... grin

Meanwhile

Check my signature for cheap Toks Camry 03 @ give away price...

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by dingbang(m): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2018
tongue

Meanwhile, Esteemed Firstbank Customers, Do you know you can now block your ATM card through the first mobile app if your card gets lost? Click the link to know more.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by NigerianBae: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2018
I think I will revisit the stock market, after leaving it for 10 years, I remember making good money btw 2008 and 2010

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by JADEK01(m): 7:41am On Aug 21, 2018
I still need more clue how my company can be in stock exchange
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Babiboy: 7:42am On Aug 21, 2018
G
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by khvnggift(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2018
I dnt undastand 1 shit OP posted. Commercial students koma help me out grin grin.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by khvnggift(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2018
NigerianBae:
I think I will revisit the stock market, after leaving it for 10 years, I remember making good money btw 2008 and 2010
How doest it work
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Genniez(f): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2018
Stock news annoys me ,cos all I see is loss...imagine today of all days 220b loss haaa..don't give hbp
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by wilsonm(m): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2018
let them better improve ooo.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by overall90: 7:49am On Aug 21, 2018
He is back.

4 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Maket: 7:50am On Aug 21, 2018
I have given my shares in Daar communication and defunct intercontinental bank as TITHE TO THE government. Over 20 years of investment nothing to show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by emmaitive(m): 7:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari why ?

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Emmafe(m): 7:56am On Aug 21, 2018
Sai baba

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Maket: 7:56am On Aug 21, 2018
NigerianBae:
as a spectator. During this period you mentioned spectators made much money.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Kissingerright(f): 8:02am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 21, 2018
agwocomedian:
Wetin concern me?
there's nothing funny about this picture.

2 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by innocential3032(m): 8:03am On Aug 21, 2018
Child of the world
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Dollabiz: 8:06am On Aug 21, 2018
Do people still trade stock
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by NigerianBae: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2018
khvnggift:
How doest it work

Basically, buy low, sell high.

It involves watching the market.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by NigerianBae: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2018
Maket:
as a spectator. During this period you mentioned spectators made much money.

Of course, I wasn't in it for the long term.

I still have over 10 different stocks that I got in 2009 that went below half ot what I paid for it and they are still falling.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Votukpa(m): 8:37am On Aug 21, 2018
My, My, My

It must be night time in Nigeria.
Look at all these Niggers!!

No one could so much as write an intelligent post or ask a thoughtful question about this significant stock market movement. Someone was smart enough to FP it and all you NIGGERS could do is post lame asss, ignorant comments.

Do u not know that the Nigerian stock market is a literal goldmine? Even foreigners are making money out of it. The information that was FPd could get any of you all started on building wealth in the NSE but no one gives 2 kobos about it. Worse, no one is asking.

For those of you who got discouraged because of the losses you recorded in the past, I sympathize with you. I urge you to get an education on basic market economics and security analysis. This will get you started and boost your confidence. Draw lessons and educate yourself instead of giving up.

For instance. This move the OP reported is basically saying that overall stock prices have temporarily dropped. This was because MANY investors sold off some of their holdings at the same time in a trading day. One could conjecture that they needed money ahead of the public holidays, seeing that it happened just a day before the break. What does this mean?? Prices are comparatively lower than before!! The implication here is that- NOW is the time to look for stocks to buy, especially good stocks that were trading higher initially. To accumulate wealth in the Nigerian stock market is an exercise in patience and savvy. You can start with as low as 10k.

Don't blow ur small money on broke and entitled girls.
Don't blow ur small money on useless apparels and accessories.
Don't be a a financial illiterate.
Get an education in Finance. Get smart, Become financially literate and take action.

There are many FREE books online. Google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by dontbothermuch: 8:53am On Aug 21, 2018
Votukpa:
My, My, My

No one could so much as write an intelligent post or ask a thoughtful question about this significant stock market movement. Someone was smart enough to FP it and all you NIGGERS could do is post lame asss, ignorant comments.

Do u not know that the Nigerian stock market is a literal goldmine? Even foreigners are making money out of it. The information that was FPd could get any of you all started on building wealth in the NSE but no one gives 2 kobos about it. Worse, no one is asking.

For those of you who got discouraged because of the losses you recorded in the past, I sympathize with you. I urge you to get an education on basic market economics and security analysis. This will get you started and boost your confidence. Draw lessons and educate yourself instead of giving up.

For instance. This move the OP reported is basically saying that overall stock prices have temporarily dropped. This was because MANY investors sold off some of their holdings at the same time in a trading day. One could conjecture that they needed money ahead of the public holidays, seeing that it happened just a day before the break. What does this mean?? Prices are comparatively lower than before!! The implication here is that- NOW is the time to look for stocks to buy, especially good stocks that were trading higher initially. To accumulate wealth in the Nigerian stock market is an exercise in patience and savvy. You can start with as low as 10k.

Get an education in Finance. Get smart, Become financially literate and take action.

Thanks dear. Am so interested.
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Ugosample(m): 8:59am On Aug 21, 2018
Maket:
I have given my shares in Daar communication and defunct intercontinental bank as TITHE TO THE government. Over 20 years of investment nothing to show.

Sorry bro/sis

You made wrong stock picks, that's all

Imagine if you picked dangote cement, Gtbank or even zenith

You would not have regretted it
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Ugosample(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2018
Dollabiz:
Do people still trade stock
Yes of course
If your motives and strategy is right, you would make it in the market
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by Ugosample(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2018
Votukpa:
My, My, My

no mind them o

btw if you love yourselves, just stay away from the mkt till say dec /jan

That time every damn thing will be on sale

You will get good stock bargains then

just an advice tho

1 Like

Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by EmmyDJourno: 10:08am On Aug 21, 2018
I will love to see comments on this thread, since all Nairalanders have an opinion on is APCvsPDP, SarakivsBuhari, ChristianvsMuslim, BiafravsNigeria

Ngwaa let's talk stock, T-Bills, Bonds and Forex..... Them go scamper cheesy

We need an enlightened populace shikennah
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by ghettochild(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
I want to buy shares...
Which ones are available??
Re: Stock Market Investors’ Lose N220b Ahead Of Eid-el-kabir Celebration by udoka2013: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
I bought nestle in 1996 for #6000 and sold same in 2014 for #500000

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Single Secret That Makes The Rich Richer... / I Need Advice On How To Start Kiddies Clothing And Accessories Business / Has Zenith Bank lied about closing my account? Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.