Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:42 AM

Whispers From The Darkness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Whispers From The Darkness (1068 Views)

Interview Session With Mr Gentle Eyisi, The Author Of "The Darkness A Rope" / Now Available "The Darkness Around A Rope" By Mr Gentle Eyisi / “The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whispers From The Darkness by MissWrite(f): 5:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Look around you. Pessima. If you cannot find people like yourself, they are probably in Hell. The courage that you lack is to go there. Nobody was meant to be alone. You weren't. Someone is waiting for you too. Down in the valley of the shadow of death; where hot coals line the streets to blister your feet; where it rains fire and the wind is a breath of fury. Stop walking about aimlessly and yield; go to where somebody says your name with a smile, and with a tickle in their hollow chest, "welcome home"; even if it is the devil's voice you hear. We all want love - the wildly wicked, wickedly wild and the wretched saint.

It is easy too. To go there. You must only want it badly enough. You must want it madly enough. The taste of poison. The taste of your own blood. Every demon knows its taste. As well as they know their own name. Do not run from it; because you are one of us.

Where am I? My soul has traveled beyond the horizon, but my body is still here; in a room with no light. Not from the tired lamp. Not from the snubbish sun. Not from the distant God. Who am I? My body or my soul? There is the devil's cocktail in my hand; and I have only a decision to make: set a broken soul free to find succor in destruction, like a crazed falcon in the molten sun, or to hold on to it. Even if it doesn't recognize me anymore. Who am I? One of them. A demon.

I was born with a madness. A madness that was mine. My madness. A madness that was me: demon. Mama knew when I was six; but more than my affliction, it was her shame. Her mad child. Not a mad child. She was important and I was not. She kept me in a box, away from those eyes; and she painted me in colors that people could understand. "Do not isolate yourself. Play with your friends." But my secrets were a wall for ever. As tall as mountains. The greasy colors dried in the sun and peeled off like a crust of semen. They fell away. And mama is gone now. But, so is her box of colors. All that is left behind is me and my unbelonging. I did not learn to paint my face. So, I sink steadily in quicksand. Nothing binds me to the walls of grime, to rise or sink in unison. I watch the world rise past my shoulders- higher and higher, up and up - until the great divide slips by and I see it all again, but upside down this time. I am upside down this time. There are no ugly roots hiding below; holding everything down; the world itself is fickle. I do not belong here.

I belong in a garden of withered flowers.

Tulips. Tall and disgraced. A signpost of shame.

I hear him call my name.......

And his voice is sweeter than honey. That fake sugar sweet saccharin seduction. But sweet is sweet, I reckon; and it is sweet indeed. If I can hear a lie six times, the seventh time it will be the truth. It would taste just the same. It would taste just as sweet. But first the bitter taste of poison. First the ferric taste of blood.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whispers From The Darkness by Smooth278(m): 5:52am On Aug 21, 2018
So sad a tale but written with a pure style... Some links to depression perhaps...
Re: Whispers From The Darkness by MissWrite(f): 5:59am On Aug 21, 2018
Smooth278:
So sad a tale but written with a pure style... Some links to depression perhaps...

That is exactly right. smiley, thanks for reading it with an open mind.

2 Likes

Re: Whispers From The Darkness by ghostwritter(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2018
I wasn't expecting anything less. Nice one.
Pls check ur email, I am waiting for ur reply.
Re: Whispers From The Darkness by Tozara(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
Reading these just now lured me into the blue. Give me the purple capsule. MissWrite, the purple capsule. I need the purple capsule.

That is the color of your ink. It paints things in a way that even the blind can read.

I envy your style.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whispers From The Darkness by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2018
You have way of conjuring up so much emotions in your writing. I was looking for more... I couldn't get enough so I'm going to read it again cry
Re: Whispers From The Darkness by MissWrite(f): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
LivingFree:
You have way of conjuring up so much emotions in your writing. I was looking for more... I couldn't get enough so I'm going to read it again cry

Awwww... smiley......... kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Whispers From The Darkness by bullabong(m): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
MissWrite:
Look around you. Pessima. If you cannot find people like yourself, they are probably in Hell. The courage that you lack is to go there. Nobody was meant to be alone. You weren't. Someone is waiting for you too. Down in the valley of the shadow of death; where hot coals line the streets to blister your feet; where it rains fire and the wind is a breath of fury. Stop walking about aimlessly and yield; go to where somebody says your name with a smile, and with a tickle in their hollow chest, "welcome home"; even if it is the devil's voice you hear. We all want love - the wildly wicked, wickedly wild and the wretched saint.

It is easy too. To go there. You must only want it badly enough. You must want it madly enough. The taste of poison. The taste of your own blood. Every demon knows its taste. As well as they know their own name. Do not run from it; because you are one of us.

Where am I? My soul has traveled beyond the horizon, but my body is still here; in a room with no light. Not from the tired lamp. Not from the snubbish sun. Not from the distant God. Who am I? My body or my soul? There is the devil's cocktail in my hand; and I have only a decision to make: set a broken soul free to find succor in destruction, like a crazed falcon in the molten sun, or to hold on to it. Even if it doesn't recognize me anymore. Who am I? One of them. A demon.

I was born with a madness. A madness that was mine. My madness. A madness that was me: demon. Mama knew when I was six; but more than my affliction, it was her shame. Her mad child. Not a mad child. She was important and I was not. She kept me in a box, away from those eyes; and she painted me in colors that people could understand. "Do not isolate yourself. Play with your friends." But my secrets were a wall for ever. As tall as mountains. The greasy colors dried in the sun and peeled off like a crust of semen. They fell away. And mama is gone now. But, so is her box of colors. All that is left behind is me and my unbelonging. I did not learn to paint my face. So, I sink steadily in quicksand. Nothing binds me to the walls of grime, to rise or sink in unison. I watch the world rise past my shoulders- higher and higher, up and up - until the great divide slips by and I see it all again, but upside down this time. I am upside down this time. There are no ugly roots hiding below; holding everything down; the world itself is fickle. I do not belong here.

I belong in a garden of withered flowers.

Tulips. Tall and disgraced. A signpost of shame.

I hear him call my name.......

And his voice is sweeter than honey. That fake sugar sweet saccharin seduction. But sweet is sweet, I reckon; and it is sweet indeed. If I can hear a lie six times, the seventh time it will be the truth. It would taste just the same. It would taste just as sweet. But first the bitter taste of poison. First the ferric taste of blood.
Brilliant!!

(1) (Reply)

What Do You See? / Has Anybody Read The Book-the Da Vinci Code-what Do You Think About It. / Shadow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.