Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional (247 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by Skyfornia(m): 6:48am On Aug 21, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

TUESDAY, 21ST AUGUST. http:///2dZqtLQ

THEME: BORN OF GOD.

OPENING SCRIPTURE: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God… (1 John 3:1).

The word “sons” in our opening verse is the Greek, “teknon,” which means a child or offspring; one that’s born of another. So, John, in the scripture above, lets us know that we’re offspring of God; we’re born of Him.

When you were born again, it was an actual spiritual birth; it wasn’t something “religious” that transpired; you came to life as a new creation, born of the Word, and the Word of God is God: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever” (1 Peter 1:23).

The reality of our divine origin and identity is incomprehensible to the people of the world. Read our theme verse again, this time into the following verse 2. It says, “…therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him…” (1 John 3:1-2).

We’re associates of the God-kind; this is a presenthour reality. The Bible says as He (Jesus) is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). We have His life, we have His Name, we’re in Him and He’s in us. We’re sons of God “NOW”, not when we get to heaven. Take advantage of your sonship; your rights as one who’s literally and vitally born of God! God is your Father, He owns the world and has made you a joint-heir with Christ. There’s nothing you can’t have. Glory to His Name forever!

Here’s something so profound: The Bible says whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world (1 John 5:4); “whatsoever” includes “whosoever.” 1 John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” “Ye are of God” simply means that you hail from God; your origin is in Him; you’re born of Him; thus, you’re more than a conqueror; an overcomer in this life. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you for having begotten me in the Gospel through Christ. What an honour and privilege to be called your own, to be an associate of the God-kind. How sublime! I’m one with the Creator of the universe; an heir of the Sovereign! Nothing is too good for me, and nothing good is withheld from me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 1:10-13 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Corinthians 6 & Psalms 119:1-112
2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Colossians 1:9-18 & Jeremiah 6

http:///rorsponsorship
Please don't stop at reading, join us today let's take God's divine presence into every man's world.

(1) (Reply)

But The Lord Is With Me Like A Mighty Warrior / Good Tidings From Heaven / Mind Your Mouth (1) - Psalms 17:4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.