Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor (15772 Views)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Akpabio: I Only Endorsed Him, If He Fails I Am Not Responsible - Ali Ndume / Akpabio: I Was Called Killer Herdsman By Men Of God After I Dumped PDP For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Racoon(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2018
Senator, Godswill Akpabio, has denied saying that he regretted helping Udom Emmanuel to become Akwa Ibom governor in 2015.Akpabio represents Akwa Ibom North West District in the Senate.

A news report published by the Punch newspaper said Akpabio, a former governor of the state, apologised on Sunday to a crowd of supporters at Ikot Ekpene for his role in Emmanuel’s victory at the poll.

The paper quoted Akpabio to have said: “Udom (Emmanuel) is a mistake that must be corrected in 2019”.A former senator from the state, Anietie Okon, during a political rally on Monday in the governor’s own local government area, Onna, reportedly cited the remarks attributed to Akpabio and allegedly hit back at the senator.

But Akpabio immediately issued a statement on Monday, refuting the media report and also countering Okon.

“The attention of His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON, has been drawn to a speech by Senator Anietie Okon at a purported mega rally at Onna, the home Local Government Area of Governor Udom Emmanuel, insinuating that Senator Akpabio said that Udom Emmanuel was a mistake in 2015.

“We state categorically that such assertion never came from Senator Akpabio,” the senator said in the statement from his media aide, Anietie Ekong.

The statement said Akpabio knows that power comes from God and, therefore, could not have said it was a mistake for God to make Emmanuel governor of the state.

“Senator Akpabio is now an APC chieftain, hence the likes of Senator Okon should concentrate their energy on marketing their party – the PDP instead of continually using falsehood to drive a wedge between Governor Udom Emmanuel and his predecessor.

“For 2019, God shall decide the fate of our nation and individuals according to his will,” the senator said.

When contacted, the senator’s media aide, Ekong, insisted, “If you watch the video of the event in Ikot Ekpene, there is no place you will hear the senator talk about regrets, mistake and all that”.He said the senator was not properly quoted in the media report.

Political tension has heightened in Akwa Ibom since Akpabio defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) on August 8.He had resigned his position as the Senate minority leader before the defection.

His defection, which has attracted huge celebration from the APC members and supporters in the state, is seen as a major threat to Governor Emmanuel’s 2019 re-election bid.

Although disliked by some people because of his ruthless brand of politics, Akpabio is widely respected as one of the most influential politicians in Akwa Ibom and Nigeria’s South-south region.

He handpicked Udom Emmanuel, a former executive director in Zenith Bank, appointed him Secretary to the State Government (SSG), groomed, and later helped him become governor of Akwa Ibom in 2015, despite opposition within his party, the PDP.

He is also responsible for the election and the appointment of several people in the state into public offices.Emmanuel, in a veiled attack against Akpabio, during the Monday political rally in Onna, said only one senator – Bassey Albert – was “speaking for the whole of Akwa Ibom State” for now in the Senate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today.ng/news/politics/senator-akpabio-regret-making-udom-emmanuel-governor-144376/amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by bedspread: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2018
THE FEAR OF UDOM'S BOMB SHELL REVELATIONS!!!!

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Ifeanyi4491(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2018
Fear APC

6 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by abokibuhari: 10:35am On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Ekez(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2018
Then who said it.
You have joined APC the first class liars so we understand.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Racoon(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2018
He will also deny his "APC invading Akwa Ibom as Adolf Hitler's invasion of Poland" statement by today/tomorrow. angry angry
No man of integrity in the APC.Always full of contradictions; saying & counter-denying.Akpabio have joined the league.

14 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by dlaw70(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=Racoon post=70473146][/quote]mbok! Who cares what this one says

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Bamangan: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2018
Naija bloggers and fake news
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by megareal: 10:43am On Aug 21, 2018
So punch would report falsehood? Akpabio is known for careless talk. He is like a train without brakes when he opens his mouth. Udom is already antagonized and his threat to expose the truth in front international media may have informed this denial.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Bonaventura(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Damage control. You have joined the ranks of liars in the APC. We are not surprised.

17 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Maxymilliano(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2018
Why won't he recant after Emmanuel Udom threatening to expose his yansh ... Confused man

16 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by kennypoju04: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2018
akpabio will finish himself,even udom isnt making noise. akpabio stop the noise already, its getting stalled already...

anyways buy your chinese rmb with us at #53.5

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by aylive02(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2018
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Bossontop(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2018
sad grin grin
All these polithiefcians with two mouth sef.....him for don talk say dem "highjack him mouth account" .....i for believe am more.......

6 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by obi4eze(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2018
Akpabio's heart is still in PDP but his body is in APC and only few people understand the deal between Udom and Akpabio.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2018
shocked

Na wa oh, newspapers are now dragging AdSense with bloggers
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2018
Good for you Akpabio...

Just concentrate on the politics of the Senate and you won't have much problem.

We all know that you can never work against Udom, Udom Emmanuel will be reelected. He's a divine mandate

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by RexTramadol1: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Akpabio come be like underdog for my eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by nduehidem(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2018
Akpabio is afraid the Governor is capable of presenting documents that will nail him forever

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by crownson(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2018
Whatever ...
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Omeokachie: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
The dog happily eats its vomit.

And the Hitler-like invasion?

Oh, he is now in APC the party of liars grin

6 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by nke001: 10:54am On Aug 21, 2018
After many years of benefiting from Udom?

Same event played out between tunibu and fashola

All for personal gain!

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by mknigeriagreat: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2018
megareal:
So punch would report falsehood? Akpabio is known for careless talk. He is like a train without brakes when he opens his mouth. Udom is already antagonized and his threat to expose the truth in front international media may have informed this denial.

The punch newspaper is in no way better than you boy in this jet age where you have access to concrete information. The video is on YouTube why not listen and watch it yourself and quote the very minute of the video where he said udom was a mistake to be corrected. Education goes beyond certificates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by Metuh: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
I'm sorry guy I need help, there's this thing pupping up on my phone anytime I'm using it, even as I'm about to comment it will pop up, because of it I've whipped (format) my phone it's still there, and the thing keep making my whatsapp double in my phone

I felt my phone has been hacked, I moved all my personal things to my second phone

Can anybody suggest solutions. It's infinix hot4 and 1year and 6 months, I bought it brand new last year
It's a virus bro, a very stubborn one at that.

it affected one my phones back then
Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by engrjacuzzi: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2018
Akpabio has failed Nigerians.... many expected he will be a mouthpiece for the masses just the way he lavished state resources when he was a governor. of the truth, he truly represented himself and not his people.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor by MorataFC: 11:03am On Aug 21, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

APGA Removes Obiano, Bianca Ojukwu As BOT Chairman And Member / President Buhari At The Signing Of MOU With European Union In Japan / 2023: Hope For South Eastern President Dims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.