Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University (40741 Views)

Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / Whatever The Case, Never Ever Study These Courses / Which Of These Courses Should She Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by KingLennon(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
He made the right call. Human kinetics is my course and I can tell you it's one of the best. It's not jumpology as you termed it. It deals with health science, anatomy, kinesiology, Community health, sports and management skills. I don't think a graduate of Human kinetics can be Jobless. To add to that you will live longer than your peers grin

4 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by ocbphcysje: 4:08am On Aug 22, 2018
Ecololical Geometabulations
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by emmyreelz(m): 4:44am On Aug 22, 2018
you are really right op. there are courses that sets one on a faster pedestal to greater achievements in life.. Those courses should be encouraged..

1 Like

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by megareal: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2018
Na your type the pikin dey decide to become agbero just to see what you will do. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by wunmi590(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:
I just saw my neighbor's jamb form and the foolish boy filled in for human kinetics. I felt like knocking him there

hell if it's my child,
listen to me where ever you are.

you must study either and only either
1. Medicine, other related fields like Med lab, pharmacy, dentistry. don't even try anatomy biochemistry and the likes, nonesense.

2. law, that's if he is art students. the day he decides to be a art student, he signed in for law and nothing else.

3. computer science

4. engineering,

courses you must not study
1. anatomy physiology phe religious studies 2. physical sciences like mathematics physics chemistry. why not just apply engineering than do this rubbish.
3. education , I will just kill
im walahi
4. agric soil science especially fisheries
animal science
5. music
, dance
6. languages.
7. English
8. psychology
9.political sciences
10 adult education guidance and counselling

try it and pay your fees yourself sigh

Walayi you are very funny grin
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2018
Imagine the crap.I won't pay ur fees if u study this or that.dictating a child's destiny especially when when unnecessary can never end well.

If u won't pay,the father will pay undecided

Unless u have finally succeeded in tying His destiny like u are trying to do to the child
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Gizer: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2018
What about footballogy
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2018
What did u study Amaka?
What's your IQ like?
What will be the IQ of your husband to be?
Answer these before I make my comment pls.

1 Like

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by ireneidiva(f): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:
so human kinetics aka jumpology is making sense abi
What if they end up studying these courses you listed and get a 0.2 gpa like you that is studying the mechanical Engineering? Please, your kids will most likely inherit your 'smart' brain so allow them study what they like.
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by reservd(m): 9:25am On Aug 22, 2018
Shallow reasoning
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Badooguy: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2018
In Nigeria, the best is always the engineering, because with it you can work in every sector in Nigeria.
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by SpatialKing(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:
I just saw my neighbor's jamb form and the foolish boy filled in for human kinetics. I felt like knocking him there

hell if it's my child,

1. Medicine, other related fields like Med lab, pharmacy, dentistry. don't even try anatomy biochemistry and the likes, nonesense.

2. law, that's if he is art students. the day he decides to be a art student, he signed in for law and nothing else.

3. computer science

4. engineering,

1. anatomy physiology phe religious studies 2. physical sciences like mathematics physics chemistry. why not just apply engineering than do this rubbish.
im walahi
animal science
5. music
, dance
6. languages.
7. English
8. psychology
9.political sciences

You are really ignorancant for mentioning Physical sciences and Mathematics there...
The world is now revolving around Data science, Machine learning, A-Intelligence, robotics and Modeling...
All those are driven by mathematics and analytical techniques.
And you are here saying what you don't know or understand.

5 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 9:27am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe is it not you that had a cgpa of less than 1.0 and will soon be required to voluntarily withdraw from the university because of your poor academic performance in your so called professional course?

Troll go get a life

1 Like

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:
so human kinetics aka jumpology is making sense abi
Remove Mathematics from there before I slap comma into your brain. What do you know. your ignorance is mind blowing... damn!

2 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Yakzo(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2018
May God forgive you for attemting to toy with peoples destiny
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by CanadianEnginee(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2018
HaileSelassie:

But I'd like my child to venture into IT...

You know what's up
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by yehmy(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:

hell if it's my child,

3. computer science

4. engineering,

im walahi
animal science
5. music
, dance
6. languages.
7. English
8. psychology
9.political sciences

What about Football
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by 12345baba(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2018
What of terrorism studies As the world now na terror full am so that's were the money .
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by weldersmind(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2018
Engineering shouldn't be on that list bro especially here in Nigeria except if you have connection..Medical courses like pharmacy, medicine and the likes are even more better now.. For law no go area except you have one political God father

2 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Rubyventures: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2018
Typical African parents

If you liked the course so much why didn't you study it yourself. Parents should stop trying to live their lives through their kids.
And if your kid has other interests, what would you do ? kill them disown them.

There is nothing wrong in encouraging your kid to study a course if the kid has got the interest but forcing them. I've seen Kids that are petrified at the sight of blood being forced to study medicine and they end up unhappy falling by the way side.

If my kid is interested in studying Agric , I will be very happy and encourage him or her.
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Grupo(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2018
Twirelex:
education in Nigeria is total scam

whether medicine or herbalism

Education in the real sense of it is not a scam. What I would call scam is packing certificates up and down, which is what Nigerians do.

Just the other day, my friend said he was through with his masters, and proceeding to do PhD. What is he packing all the certificates for?

Mind you, this my guy doesn't have any bankable skill or practical skill that corporate employers are seeking. So, how is his certificate going to get him a job?

Now, if you look through his CV, you see him mentioning great communication skill, good interpersonal relationship and team playing as his skills.

Are those "real" skills?

Nigerians should start embracing proper education and not packing certificates up and down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Coldfeets: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2018
Her Kids: Dear God, please don't give me a Stupid mother.
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Legalese(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2018
This one is still a corporate slave. You're not even ready to be free.
Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by MimiShopping: 9:37am On Aug 22, 2018
Amakababe:

hell if it's my child,

3. computer science

4. engineering,

im walahi
animal science
5. music
, dance
6. languages.
7. English
8. psychology
9.political sciences

You have a great point. Honestly in 2018 and beyond, any child going into the university must be properly guided to avoid making professional mistake.

The most salable and viable courses to study in order to stand a chance of surviving in the next 10 - 20 years to come are:

1.) Medicine
2.) Nursing (Bsc o)
3.) Software Engineering
4.) Mechatronics (a combination of Mechanical & Electronics Engineering)
5.) Computer Science (the child must pay total attention to coding, programming and any trending programming courses/training)
6.) Digital Marketing (not Marketing o shocked)
7.) Civil Engineering (he must learn the various trending design software and how to use them efficiently)
8.) Radiography

Courses never to study as at current global trend:

1.) Marketing
2.) Business Administration
3.) Sociology
4.) Petroleum or Petrochemical engineering
5.) Linguistics
6.) Psychology
7.) Botany, Animal science, horticulture, fishery, forestry, zoology, etc
8.) History; who cares about history when Google and Wikipedia now have the global history
9.) Mass Communication
10.) Health Education, Health Science, etc
11.) Public Admin
12.) Political Science; big waste of time and money cry
13.) Microbiology, Biochemistry, etc

If you want to stand a chance of surviving the next 10 years to come, please never go and waste your time studying any of these courses, pls advice your little ones too.

7 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Rubyventures: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2018
Grupo:

Education in the real sense of it is not a scam. What I would call scam is packing certificates up and down,which is what Nigerians do.

Just the other say, my friend said he was through with his masters, and proceeding to do PhD. What is he packing all the certificates for?

Mind you, this my guy doesn't have any bankable skills or practical skill that corporate employers are seeking. So, how is his certificate going to get him a job?

Now, if you look through his CV, you see him mentioning great communication skill, good interpersonal relationship and team playing as his skills.

Are those "real" skills?

Nigerians should start embracing proper education and not packing certificates up and down.

I agree with you. The only skill that Nigerians are good at is Certificate collection.

Then when they travel out and see someone with NVQ but a lot of experience being made their boss if they are lucky they start to complain of racism. The so called expatriates that are hired in big companies in Nigeria , most of them don't even hold a degree. They just happen to be experienced at doing the job.

4 Likes

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by Jummate(m): 9:39am On Aug 22, 2018
Hmmm....just go and watch the movie "3 idiots". Though it's just a movie but maybe you would at least have a change of opinion after seeing it.

1 Like

Re: My Kids Must Study Only These Courses In The University by lekonso: 9:39am On Aug 22, 2018
what is wrong with music agric and education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Calabar Strongest Man, Mr Supreme Set To Defend His Crown (Photo) / NUC: Universities To Re-open On 18 January 2021 / When You Realize You Submitted Your Question Paper Instead Of Answer Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.