Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK (64840 Views)

Apostle Chibuzor: Don't Sell My Phone. I Will Pay You 3 Times + Scholarship / Exposing The Goat Nature In Church (3) [1 John 2:3-6] / Different Kinds Of People In Church (3) [john 10:16, Psalms 23:1-6] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by jesmond3945: 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
DavidEsq:

U didn't have to. U were already on dat note. Putting the dude to a zero as as basis for ur choice of non-comparison, was a clear act of comparison. Have u seen Ecclesiastics 9:11?. I encourage u to read it.
he said I was not smart or probably not that educated that's why I am still a Christian, that if I was advanced in knowledge I would know that religion doesn't exist then I had to counter him and tell him that I am successful in the first place.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Robynwelo1(f): 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
yourown:
Nice write up there, but my point is, take for instance you were born in a remote village in India where they worship elephants with little or no connection to the outside world, you grow up not knowing any other religion only ur hindu. If that person dies is he going to heaven or hell. (Asking for a friend) wink

I suspect you are disguising as a christian.

Anyways, There are many heavens and hells so get ready to share yourself into many parts after you die.

A part of you will be in the Christian heaven, other parts will be in Allah's, Ra's, Vishnu's, FSM's and the rest's hell.

Same applies to Muslims, Buddhist... etc

But atheists, na them go suffer pass.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by amaniro: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2018
erico2k2:

Yes you have, so what I can deduce from your answer is, there is no time or place, it happens at God own time.
If the above is true, you do not need to be in church or at home, you could be anywhere and at anytime, SO
What gives us the right to criticise a person who do not fulfil the regular times a church service must hold within a week then?
Of what Moral ground does this kind of blame exist?
Am a devoted Christian but I got to church once in a week, wish people still find absurd. Doesn't matter the amount of times you mark attendance in church the million dollar question is are you living like Christ or is the world yielding fruits in your heart? If no i require a home service for you sometimes I love to sing, dance, pray, read the Bible in my house. You can't judge a person with the amount of times he go to church, our modern day church has gone astray from God's initial word. No church is more like a social gathering. As a Christian you pray, read your Bible, leave like Christ, evangelize, etc the Pilar of Christianity. It's quite simple to serve/worship God but people find it difficult cause they've been soaked in the flesh.
if you have more questions, am always ready to answer wink
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Coldfeets: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
eleojo23:
We are mostly practicing religion here.

If Nigeria becomes developed and there is less hunger in the land, you will see that most people will stop going to church.

That is when you will know those who really love God for who He is and not for what they can get from Him

But honestly we have too many church programs in this country sha...from Monday to Sunday...one program or the other...haba!

Moderation is necessary so that church activities don't take the place of real personal intimacy with God himself.
Churches keep members busy all week long so that they don't even have time to study the Bible by themselves hence they depend on their pastors to teach them the Bible and they believe whatever the pastor says without checking to see if it's correct.
That is how Christian 'zombies' are made.

Sir, are you trying to say that the love for God is expressed through going to church and attending church programs?
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by InvertedHammer: 12:01am On Aug 22, 2018
jesmond3945:
you are funny I stay in europe and church services are packed with white people to the brim. Don't listen to the media, travel and see for yourself and the members are well to do I mean people who drive tesla like no man bizness.
/
Did you just travel?

E be like say this your Europe dey shack you.
The church is packed on Sunday. Do they go to church Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday like most idle suckers do in Nigeria?

/
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Preskhalifa(m): 12:35am On Aug 22, 2018
wow this woman is an inspiration because of failure come from us not playing our part we always think miracles can happen but that is not true.

Instead of waiting for a miracle make a miracle happen
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by OyinO: 12:39am On Aug 22, 2018
Many Africans keep waking Up. Nice one
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by bigocean(m): 1:24am On Aug 22, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Prayer is shortcut for the lazy
would you rather take the far way when you have a shortcut?
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Grupo(m): 1:50am On Aug 22, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

That is how you ignoramuses go strutting about in your ignorance like peacocks..America which is the world power and the country you all love to mimic has one of the highest population of church goers..they also have the biggest churches too..their president is an ardent Christian and a church goer..but you seat in enclave in Nigeria forming 'enlightenment'..

Stop peddling lies. America is not even among the first 50 most religious countries in the world. A little Google search would have saved you from embarrassing yourself on the internet.

Also, the majority of church goers in America are actually blacks. This is an undeniable fact.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by yourown: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2018
Lol wow, i thought there is only one heaven and one hell.
Robynwelo1:

I suspect you are disguising as a christian.

Anyways, There are many heavens and hells so get ready to share yourself into many parts after you die.

A part of you will be in the Christian heaven, other parts will be in Allah's, Ra's, Vishnu's, FSM's and the rest's hell.

Same applies to Muslims, Buddhist... etc

But atheists, na them go suffer pass.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by yourown: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2018
Jesus is it then
jesmond3945:
that's why I said search for the truth and you will find it. One thing I know is that there is only one way to God. Jesus said He is the way, Muhammed said the same thing, Buddha did, Amadioha the same thing so your choice.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by jesmond3945: 7:46am On Aug 22, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Did you just travel?

E be like say this your Europe dey shack you.
The church is packed on Sunday. Do they go to church Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday like most idle suckers do in Nigeria?

/
young man enough of your spew. I don't have time to argue with you. Let the europe dey shack me abi na your shack.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by erico2k2(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2018
amaniro:

Am a devoted Christian but I got to church once in a week, wish people still find absurd. Doesn't matter the amount of times you mark attendance in church the million dollar question is are you living like Christ or is the world yielding fruits in your heart? If no i require a home service for you sometimes I love to sing, dance, pray, read the Bible in my house. You can't judge a person with [b]the amount of times he go to church, [/b]our modern day church has gone astray from God's initial word. No church is more like a social gathering. As a Christian you pray, read your Bible, leave like Christ, evangelize, etc the Pilar of Christianity. It's quite simple to serve/worship God but people find it difficult cause they've been soaked in the flesh.
if you have more questions, am always ready to answer wink
The Bolded is where I was steering to, in Nigeria, People are in church not less than 2 times a week. Going to church once a week is Ok, going once a month is still ok cos that's when you can afford, people saying you have to find more time to worship God are not in the know cos Goes is everywhere plus you do not need a location or time to pray, you can pray everywhere and anywhere in your heart. Do you know yesterday one of the event that was being celebrated by the Muslim has to do with Abraham? when he was meant to sacrifice his Son? in the Bible? this was what the slaughtering of the Ram signifies.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by destined4favour: 8:25am On Aug 22, 2018
we are very religious but not godly. church attendance is not holiness, let us live a God fearing life.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by amaniro: 8:37am On Aug 22, 2018
erico2k2:

The Bolded is where I was steering to, in Nigeria, People are in church not less than 2 times a week. Going to church once a week is Ok, going once a month is still ok cos that's when you can afford, people saying you have to find more time to worship God are not in the know cos Goes is everywhere plus you do not need a location or time to pray, you can pray everywhere and anywhere in your heart. Do you know yesterday one of the event that was being celebrated by the Muslim has to do with Abraham? when he was meant to sacrifice his Son? in the Bible? this was what the slaughtering of the Ram signifies.
Yes, Muslims relationship with Christianity is totally another topic to discuss. Mind you , you don't worship God only in church. What is worship, giving everything, spirit soul and body to that thing in this case it's God. Yes of cause you can pray anywhere, in fact I heard of one boy that prays 30secs in every minutes. That's where people get it wrong you don't only WORSHIP in church you WORSHIP him throughout the days of your life.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 8:50am On Aug 22, 2018
Olalan:
The truth is majority of us are simply religious and not true adherents of our faiths......cause a careful look at our faith lays emphasis on working hard......
I don't understand. Pls put me through
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2018
donbachi:
Out of africa is out of poverty...she just made us to believe,the only reason people go to church,is because of prosperity and not salvation.
I want to be saved.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2018
eleojo23:
We are mostly practicing religion here.

If Nigeria becomes developed and there is less hunger in the land, you will see that most people will stop going to church.

That is when you will know those who really love God for who He is and not for what they can get from Him.

But honestly we have too many church programs in this country sha...from Monday to Sunday...one program or the other...haba!

Moderation is necessary so that church activities don't take the place of real personal intimacy with God himself.
Churches keep members busy all week long so that they don't even have time to study the Bible by themselves hence they depend on their pastors to teach them the Bible and they believe whatever the pastor says without checking to see if it's correct.
That is how Christian 'zombies' are made.
You are right.We are lazy to read the bible.We depend on the interpretations of other people. When we can ask the holy spirit for help.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2018
Offpoint:
If I'm not wrong... the Israelites used to go to the temple once in a year... not to demand for private jet, but to seek for forgiveness and burn offerings to God.

Not today we go to church everyday to consistently asking God to kill that our helpless poor neighbour, granny, Uncle we don't like in the name of Enemies.

When we get bored with first prayer point, we switch to the one whereby we want God to give us mansions and private jets before next year from our pure water business. then we drop 1k as tithe for God to buy airtime and call that our HELPER who will transfer MIRACULOUS 1 billion into our account.... HALLELUJAH

I don't remember God being a magician.
I just pray for forgiveness, mercy,favour and fruitfulness. I pray that God keeps my heart in check so that the devil doesn't dwell in it.If God dwells in you, you will have total peace.You won't be at the wrong place at the wrong time.You will get uncomfortable with doing some certain things.I have experienced all this.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by erico2k2(m): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2018
amaniro:

Yes, Muslims relationship with Christianity is totally another topic to discuss. Mind you , you don't worship God only in church. What is worship, giving everything, spirit soul and body to that thing in this case it's God. Yes of cause you can pray anywhere, in fact I heard of one boy that prays 30secs in every minutes. That's where people get it wrong you don't only WORSHIP in church you WORSHIP him throughout the days of your life.
ok for the above stated, the woman might be right not to go to church then, It is worthy to note that the frequency of church attendance might have been exaggerated by the main writer. The fact is this, in Nigeria they attach religion to everything. In the west like you must have noticed, the only reason they go to church is to praise GOD and give thanks.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2018
Hector09:
The problem with Nigerian is hunger some people goes to church for a miracle work, abt frm that nothing else, 50% of rich men dont go to church every sunday
But they believe in God.It is the most important. Church is a gathering of the body of Christ which is you and I. To reminisce on the word everyday.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by sweetilicious(f): 9:09am On Aug 22, 2018
Hector09:
The problem with Nigerian is hunger some people goes to church for a miracle work, abt frm that nothing else, 50% of rich men dont go to church every sunday
But they believe in God.It is the most important. Church is a gathering of the body of Christ which is you and I. To reminisce on the word everyday.I
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by amaniro: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2018
erico2k2:

ok for the above stated, the woman might be right not to go to church then, It is worthy to note that the frequency of church attendance might have been exaggerated by the main writer. The fact is this, in Nigeria they attach religion to everything. In the west like you must have noticed, the only reason they go to church is to praise GOD and give thanks.
The woman STOPPED going to church, which is a bit bad because you still need church more or less to keep redeeming your salvation. You don't only thank or praise in church.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by Eke40seven(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2018
jesmond3945:
and in the midst of all this people there are still people who hold their faith strong must everybody be like you. When you don't have anything to hold on to how do you have hope, do you know the meaning of hope. Let me tell you without the belief in the existence of a supreme being many would have committed suicide. In the midst of despair when you know there is someone out there who cares for you, you will have a reason to live. Come and see how Europeans are seeking for happiness, if it is not piercing, is drinking, sex, lesbian ism, bestiality oh yes some sleep with animals and what not. Please I have made my point, keep your opinion to yourself. Thank you.
And you are better than them? Our country full of corrupt people are better than these guys right here? Delusion is a hard drug... So I partly agree with you..
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by erico2k2(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2018
amaniro:
The woman STOPPED going to church, which is a bit bad because you still need church more or less to keep redeeming your salvation. You don't only thank or praise in church.
I saw the bit where it says stopped. I still think that was exaggerated, mayB she reduced the amount of times she goes to church. I don't think one who truly reads the Bible and believe in Christ could just all of a sudden stop attending church all together. Well the Bit you talked about redeeming one's salvation; DO you need to be in church for that
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by jesmond3945: 10:24am On Aug 22, 2018
Eke40seven:

And you are better than them? Our country full of corrupt people are better than these guys right here? Delusion is a hard drug... So I partly agree with you..
you lack the ability to comprehend simple text. I mentioned hope, how can you live in this world without hope? Even dangote as rich as he is and widely travelled is still a devout muslim. The difference between religion and science is that religion breeds hope while science doesn't. If after living in this world have you asked yourself do I just die and rotten away or is their an after life? When you have this feeling that the only condition to see the afterlife is that adhere and please the supreme being here on earth you the chance of the afterlife then that is the story of hope. Hope that you will see the afterlife. When you don't belive in the afterlife then what becomes your lot? You start living like a candle in the wind which was what most people in the western world are doing. Hopelessness is the source of corruption because you feel that the afterlife is just a mirage so let me plunder, enjoy and make merry while damning the consequence which is a the likelihood of seeing the afterlife. So run along friend I don't have time to degrade my aptitude anymore with another response to you.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by DavidEsq(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2018
jesmond3945:
he said I was not smart or probably not that educated that's why I am still a Christian, that if I was advanced in knowledge I would know that religion doesn't exist then I had to counter him and tell him that I am successful in the first place.
It's not for Christians to show their wealth wen they are alleged to be poor. Rather, show them the scriptures which says "hard work an smartness, skill and dedication" is part of being a Christian. Colossians 3:23, Ecclesiastics 9:10, Proverbs 22:29 and Luke 16:9.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by DavidEsq(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2018
bigocean:
would you rather take the far way when you have a shortcut?
There are no shortcuts. Stop peddling lies angry
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by amaniro: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2018
erico2k2:

I saw the bit where it says stopped. I still think that was exaggerated, mayB she reduced the amount of times she goes to church. I don't think one who truly reads the Bible and believe in Christ could just all of a sudden stop attending church all together. Well the Bit you talked about redeeming one's salvation; DO you need to be in church for that

Exactly. Yes. If the word of the preacher is true you still need to go to church because the Bible said the soul that is longing for Christ is always hungry, you can't just sit down at home assuming you already know all, learning never ends, and if you know all you still need to be in church to put those who have gone astray, set them on the right track, help them to grow in faith
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by bigocean(m): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2018
DavidEsq:

There are no shortcuts. Stop peddling lies angry
There is what we call Grace and Mercy. There is no shorter cut than those two which you can only find in the presence of God.

But if what you wrote up there makes you sleep well at night then keep believing it.
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by DavidEsq(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2018
bigocean:
There is what we call Grace and Mercy. There is no shorter cut than those two which you can only find in the presence of God.

But if what you wrote up there makes you sleep well at night then keep believing it.
Him! Grace and mercy. That's a good one. On a very serious note, what really is grace? How does it become a "do easy" gift?
Re: Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK by bigocean(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2018
DavidEsq:

Him! Grace and mercy. That's a good one. On a very serious note, what really is grace? How does it become a "do easy" gift?
when a person finds "MERCY" before God, "Grace" follows. Remember the spirit controls the physical so "Grace" is the enabling power to achieve great/difficult/unusual goals with ease.

I give you an example of a business owner who is in a competitive market. If GRACE is upon him, he would always excel above his competitors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.