Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds (36339 Views)

U.S F-16 Fighter Jet Crashes Into Yellow Sea During Training (Photos) / Boeing Is Taking Responsibility In The 737 Jet Crashes That Killed 346 People / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by 15Ebisco: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
A Swedish fighter jet crashed after colliding with a flock of birds in southern Sweden on Tuesday, authorities said, adding the pilot ejected safely.

“It was a bird collision and the pilot had to eject,” Johan Lundgren, spokesman at the Swedish Armed Forces told AFP.

The pilot was on a training mission in a Jas Gripen aircraft manufactured by Swedish aerospace company Saab.

The accident happened eight kilometres (five miles) north of a military air base near the southern Swedish city of Ronneby.

The pilot was taken to a hospital for a check-up.

Authorities said the accident happened in a forest area and no casualties were reported.

Sweden reports about 400 incidents where planes collide with birds every year, Charlotte Billgren at the Swedish Transport Agency told the TT news agency.

Saab Defence and Security is a major exporter of military material such as the Gripen fighter jet to the Czech Republic, Hungary, South Africa, Thailand and Brazil.

In 2017, a Gripen fighter jet crashed in Thailand during an air show. The pilot died.

And in 2015, another jet leased by Hungary skid off the runway at a Czech airbase and was completely damaged.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/so-terrible-swedish-fighter-jet-crashes.html

1 Like

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by bedspread: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
This one Pass Bird..

8 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by hisgrace090: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
Village birds thing!!!

7 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Macopol01(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
This one weak me sad

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Elslim: 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
village crew

4 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by tayo4ng(m): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Something fishing, panel must be set to look into the issue

1 Like

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by legendary16(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Oga na master.

If two jam one must bow for the other..

Ask Dino.

If you know, you know.

9 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by OlamideIsHere: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Are birds stronger?

1 Like

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Anijay1212(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
shocked
More than 400 incidents a year?
The sooner the begin to eat some of those birds in other to reduce their population the better for them or one day they will wake up and discover they don't have fighter jets left. angry

5 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by nely(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Na WA oh, this kind bird, So Benin people don carry am reach Sweden.. I hail OK Iron bird

5 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by IamAirforce1: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
It's called "Bird Strike" in aviation terms .

Thank God he survived .

16 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by lilfreezy: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ordinary nnụnụ undecided

7 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
tayo4ng:
Something fishing
...fishy.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Segunade10: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Top 10 Hot Dress Davido's Girlfriend Chioma Has Rocked Publicly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrI5FnVgQik
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by proprince(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kogi bird grin
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Techm8: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
Didn’t know birds can cause an airplane to crash.

Meanwhile, i have Instagram pages for sale. Strictly Nigerian followers.
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Triniti(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
My love for fighter jets is way out of this world, glad the pilot survived
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
shocked

Birds crashed a fighter jet
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Sharpshooota: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2018
Buhari went to Sweden?
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by phkka1(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
The bird must have come from Edo state. Oshiomole bird.

3 Likes

Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:40pm On Aug 21, 2018
Satanic Birds
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by VALIZUGOD(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
This one is human birds
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Pascal181: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nothing we no go hear under buhari government. How ordinary bird go fall an entire jet
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by simols(m): 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
That must be EYE AYE
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Hahahahahah

Awon eye lasan lasan

Ordinary birds oooo

Wonders shall never end
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by kindnyce(m): 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
If it were to be in Nigeria, you'll here the birds were coolsent from EDO
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by YorubaEmir: 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ordinary birds. So much for a fighter jet angry
Re: Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds by kenny714433(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
grin
Udominit!!!!

grin grin
So all those guys showing their Eid- Mubarak photos in the thread below are those I actually used to argue with!!!
grin
No! I give up. cheesy

Back to the topic... Hope it's not The mummy coming to play..
U guys shouldn't mind my post above ooo..I'm just angry that I need to swear before wishing my good Muslim brothers a happy celebration
Cheers!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / US Warplanes Fly First Combat Missions Off Foreign Aircraft Carrier Since WWII / "We Nigerians Are Beggars In Italy, There Is No Job Here" - Nigerian Guy (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.