Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:23 AM

Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo (15792 Views)

Bishop Mike Bamidele: COVID-19 Is From Hell, Not From God / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Pastors Should Stop Taking Our Churches Abroad - Daddy Freeze (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mike Okonkwo was one of the men I admired wen I was religious but now that I am spiritual nd no more religious I still respect his opinion.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by AmeLonRo(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
sacluxisback:
1st to comment.

1st time ever in nairaland.

I am set for greater feats in life.
Yes, correct. Presidency come 2019. You will be operating from Aso Rock. Remember me in your kingdom bros.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by semyman: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thank you sir, you have been showing signs you are truly remorseful for all the years of deceits you put the gullible sheeples through

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by g4gerald: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Abi oo, all dose pple dat prophesied in d last general election shud coman apologize to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
sacluxisback:
1st to comment.

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by crazygod(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
So Jonah in the Bible should apologise cos when the people of Niniveh repentwd and prayed God withdrew His anger against Jonah's prophesy? Hmmm, men of God this days.
I swear. There is no biblical backing to what he is saying. If there is a prophecy of doom, somebody can pray and repent and avert this prophecy.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by johnmattew: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
TooNoisy:
One of the real men of God I respect. He has not joined politics with Christianity
true...but he is part of extortionism and pastorpreneuring
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by yourown: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2018
i just have one question no one has be able to answer me correctly. Ps im a Christian. The question is "outside Christianity will every other religion go to hell?? Should i feel lucky being born a Christian?. Because the way i was brought up they told me all Muslims would go to hell, so i always felt lucky i was a Christian. That's to say if i was a Muslim ill go to hell. So if u are not a Christian you cant make heaven

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Glink2018(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bishop,
I'm not holding brief for those men of God who pronounced fail prophecies.

But we have to be very careful with prophecies matter.

prophet Isaiah said, thus saidth the Lord, Hezekiah will not recover from his sickness but Hezekiah recovered.

Prophet Jonah said, thus saidth the Lord, Nineveh shall be overtaken. But Nineveh wasn't destroy.

I don't think both prophet apologize for their fail prophecies.

Let's be careful on how we judge spiritual matter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by jrklinz: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Y they no go prophesie rubbish when na 4 africa u go find the highest number of mumu christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by aigboeben(m): 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
You can never be a true man of God and your prophecies will fail.

True Prophets of God such as Samuel, Elijah, Elisha will tell you the HOW, WHERE & WHEN with precisions, they never failed coz they truly heard from God

Their "this time tomorrow" never failed.

But here we are with gods of men with phony political calculation favouring their preferred politicians. God judge them all.
Samuel said Eliab was God's choice(1 Samuel 16:6-7), was that a true prophecy? Did it not fail? Study the Bible deeply about prophecies and you will see a couple of things can influence its fulfillment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2018
Bolustical:
You can never be a true man of God and your prophecies will fail.

True Prophets of God such as Samuel, Elijah, Elisha will tell you the HOW, WHERE & WHEN with precisions, they never failed coz they truly heard from God

Their "this time tomorrow" never failed.

But here we are with gods of men with phony political calculation favouring their preferred politicians. God judge them all.

Would u say that Jonah was not a true prophet? Remember that he prophesied and his prophecy failed because God changed His mind, so would u say he wasn't a true prophet?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by jesmond3945: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Pastor's don't make prophesies, they only make predictions that is naijabet.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Minjim: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
crazygod:

I swear. There is no biblical backing to what he is saying. If there is a prophecy of doom, somebody can pray and repent and avert this prophecy.

In most prophesies of in the Bible. True prophets usually offer solutions by intervening to God.
And if one is able to adhere to the prophests instructions, such doom can be averted

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
addikt:
WHY WOULD PASTOR'S PROPHECY FAIL AT THE FIST INSTANCE , AREN'T THEY SUPPOSED TO BE INVOKED AND POSSESSED WITH THE ONLY SPIRIT BEFORE YOU SPIT THE WORDS OUT

PROPHECY NO BE "GUESS" NAA, WHICH OF THE PROPHETS HAD A FAILED PROPHECY IN THE BIBLE ?

Jonah prophesied to the people of Nineveh but they repented and God changed His mind so the prophecy failed to come to pass.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Tunby(m): 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2018
Prophecies can go wrong. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a deliberate lie.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by madridsta007(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
Britishcoins:
O dikwa very risk ooo, do you know how much tithes the will lose, because the members will decrease.

If not catholic church then I will build my alter at home and worship God with my hearts and Bible......

If you know you know.

Mbaka of the Catholic Church has been quiet since his prophecy failed. Buhari has turned out as catastrophic has the history books suggested.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2018
crazygod:

I don't want to join issues with the Bishop in this platform for respect for the Word of God. But the truth is that any man of God who would always want 'his prophesy' to come to pass is a proud person. The always want to be religiously correct. Ego is at work. Prophesies are God's words and it is left for God to do whatever He wishes with His word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by addikt(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

Jonah prophesied to the people of Nineveh but they repented and God changed His mind so the prophecy failed to come to pass.

It was on condition

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Dboy55(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2018
sacluxisback:
1st to comment.

So because you got first to comment automatically means you will be great in life,nor go work hard and smart oooh
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by oruma19: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
kaorama:
So Jonah in the Bible should apologise cos when the people of Niniveh repentwd and prayed God withdrew His anger against Jonah's prophesy? Hmmm, men of God this days.
u lack understanding dirty to say. Jonah's prophecy was accurate and came to pass because the intention was for Nineveh to repent. They did repent.

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by madridsta007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

Repentance was the condition. That was why Jonah ran away because he knew that if the people of Nineveh repented within the prophesied 40 days deadline, God will hear them and forgive them. Technically, it did not fail.
If they had continued in sin and did not repent and the city wasn't destroyed after 40 days while they were still in sin, it would have been a failed prophesy.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2018
addikt:

It was on condition

Which condition was that?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by lucarella: 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
TooNoisy:
One of the real men of God I respect. He has not joined politics with Christianity

Taah! But he is chronically materialistic! Go check out the bad state of the road of the street to his house.
He said he’ll fix the road only if the street is named after him. Go find out.

Man of God indeed undecided
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by donbachi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2018
Thou sayeth the lord...if u no hear well.....my brother seek u shall find,knock and it shall be opened.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Glink2018(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
donbachi:
Thou sayeth the lord...if u no hear well.....my brother seek u shall find,knock and it shall be opened.

Senseless post. Must u show your naivety?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by conscienceman4(m): 9:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
I hope he has apologized for prophetically supporting Buhari into power.
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by Almunjid(m): 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
TooNoisy:
Who is that?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by nwamehn: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
madridsta007:

Repentance was the condition. That was why Jonah ran away because he knew that if the people of Nineveh repented within the prophesied 40 days deadline, God will hear them and forgive them. Technically, it did not fail.
If they had continued in sin and did not repent and the city wasn't destroyed after 40 days while they were still in sin, it would have been a failed prophesy.

Boss, read the book of Jonah again and see that there was no condition given in the prophecy of Jonah.

Jonah only said, "in forty days, Nineveh shall be overthrown".

The king of Nineveh out of his own wisdom called his people to prayers and he even said, "who knows, God might change his mind after our prayers so that we don't perish", to show u that Jonah didn't give them any condition in the prophecy.

If Jonah gave them condition to repent or perish, why would he be saying, "who knows, God might change his mind after our prayers"?

Besides, Bible didn't say any condition Jonah gave them in the prophecy, unless it's another Jonah u ar talking about not the one in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by InvertedHammer: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2018
It is pointless to apologize.

God does not lie.

False prophecy is just a confirmation of a false prophet.

Whoever continues to follow them thereafter is mocking God and cannot claim ignorance.

//
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by addikt(m): 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
nwamehn:

Which condition was that?

You said " THEY REPENTED " so by this , "GOD CHANGED HIS MIND"..

Does that not mean if they do not repent then God wouldn't change his mind and the prophecy would take hold?
Re: Pastors Should Apologize When Their Prophecies Fail – Bishop Mike Okonkwo by legend0110(m): 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2018
Ministers should wait and hear from God adequately before rushing forth with prophecy. Popularity should not be the aim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Things A Christian Should Never Do / 2022: Don't Listen To Prophets Of Doom, Prophet Abiara Tells Nigerians / Which Church Do You Currently Attend And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.