Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough (1774 Views)

At What Point Does She Check Your Phone / At What Point Is It Okay To Walk Away From A Troubled Relationship? / At What Point Does A Man Stop Chasing : (2) (3) (4)

At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by victor01(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2010
Well,i followed a radio show the other nite and i thought i should post it here on Nairaland.The question is ; At what point do you walk out of an abusive relationship.most especially when you have your spouse beat you up and still you decide to remain in that relationship for one reason on the other.Comments pls!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2010
The first beating is enough to say enough is enough! I'm the only daughter to my parents, I won't wait till I'm killed by some psycho b4 I say enough. Love never reach that level abeg!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2010
I am not waiting for a beating. The first sign I see I am out, been there done that and they say I am cold without love in the first place. No man raises his voice at me, thats where it starts, hands will be raised next and I will never anticipate that. Seen too much of that from my dad growing up. So I will never put myself through that. And I dont forgive for that either. I will ask God forgivness when I reach to heaven, but for now, the men are on my hate list.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2010
Carolece:

I am not waiting for a beating. The first sign I see I am out, been there done that and they say I am cold without love in the first place. No man raises his voice at me, thats where it states, hands will be raised next and I will never anticipate that. Seen too much of that from my dad growing up. So I will never put myself through that. And I dont forgive for that either. I will ask God forgivness when I reach to heaven, but for now, the men are on my hate list.

*high five*

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by iice(f): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
The signs are usually there. . .people just like to ignore it.
The first wrong touch is enough
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
Abusive relationship?so it don classify?menh somefin don go wrong already. . .look if there is abuse there is no relationship shikeno!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2010
Pweety4me:

Abusive relationship?so it don classify?menh somefin don go wrong already. . .look if there is abuse there is no relationship shikeno!
HELP!!!

translation grin
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2010
^U sef i no translate jo. . .d poster go understand. grin tongue
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2010
Pweety4me:

^U sef i no translate jo. . .d poster go understand. grin tongue
yuh too evil. watch mi aw yuh rhatid.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2010
^Wetin?u be jamo?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by indie22(f): 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2010
Usually the first touch,slap or kick is enough to start smelling trouble, but most people in abusive relationships just ignore the signs and dont actually walk away until it gets to the point where they just cant take it anymore or when they realize they are in danger of losing their lives.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2010
victor01:

Well,i followed a radio show the other nite and i thought i should post it here on Nairaland.The question is ; At what point do you walk out of an abusive relationship.most especially when you have your spouse beat you up
at this Juncture (4 a wise lady).
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 25, 2010
Why are ppl talking about the first wrong touch? Abeg, the first show of abusive INTENT is enough.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by neily(f): 9:39pm On Jun 25, 2010
Even people wey their boyfriends don beat tire, no go gree. Na who guys the beat self, since everybody don dey deny.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by MissyB1(m): 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2010
neily:

Even people wey their boyfriends don beat tire, no go gree. Na who guys the beat self, since everybody don dey deny.
Death!!! grin grin grin
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 1:18am On Jun 26, 2010
neily:

Abeg ask dem o
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 26, 2010
some women are just DAMN STOOPID!!!!
see the gals being beaten black and blue all over the world. after the beating, the partner will just come back and say "i am sorry, i dont know what happened to me, i would never do it again" and the gal will just forget the boxing match that just happened. . . .  ET VOILA!!!!!!

also, if we all listen on how people are OVER religious and focussed on marriage in 9ja (and probably brainwashed too), i can safely say that not even your damn pastor will ask you to leave
so my question to all the NL damsels who said they would leave that same instance IS: WOULD YOU STILL LEAVE IF YOUR PASTOR ASKED YOU TO BE PATIENT AND PRAY?!"
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2010
^Pastor ko pastor ni undecided cheesy
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 1:31am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

some women are just DAMN STOOPID!!!!
see the gals being beaten black and blue all over the world. after the beating, the partner will just come back and say "i am sorry, i dont know what happened to me, i would never do it again" and the gal will just forget the boxing match that just happened. . . .  ET VOILA!!!!!!

also, if we all listen on how people are OVER religious and focussed on marriage in 9ja (and probably brainwashed too), i can safely say that not even your damn pastor will ask you to leave.  
so my question to all the NL damsels who said they would leave that same instance IS: WOULD YOU STILL LEAVE IF YOUR PASTOR ASKED YOU TO BE PATIENT AND PRAY?!"
With my experiences with men, not even Gabriel the angel could tell me to stay.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by PokerFace(f): 1:37am On Jun 26, 2010
Enough is is enough immediately he shows the signs . . . I nor get time for long talk, jare!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

so are you saying that you will go against your pastor's wishes?! the man that you look up to every sunday, never missing an appointment?

Carolece:

With my experiences with men, not even Gabriel the angel could tell me to stay.

from your posts, we can clearly see that you have a hatred for men due to the past relationships you've had.
so for one to lay his hands on you, you would first have to be with one. even if you were with the nicest man on earth, Gabriel the angel wouldnt be able to make you stay.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by chamotex(m): 1:56am On Jun 26, 2010
neily:

Dem no go confess now make we help them
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 1:59am On Jun 26, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so are you saying that you will go against your pastor's wishes?! the man that you look up to every sunday, never missing an appointment?

My pastor wish?is it his lyfe?is it his relationship?him be God?wat makes u think i would even consult my pastor about my personal matters? 2 even think about it wat pastor?i barelly even go 2 church grin lipsrsealed. . .abeg jo pastor indeed.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 26, 2010
^ u no dey go church shocked shocked angry I go report you to Pastor DC angry tongue
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 2:02am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

Even after 15years of marriage? Come on, don't say that! Do you know what it means to be divorced? We live in a world where rich women are even dying to bear the name of a poor man.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 2:03am On Jun 26, 2010
@ MrBrown. Not only with my relationships, my dad was a prime example also. I dont think all the human of the world put together with hatred sum up to the amount that I have. Hate is such a light word to describe the way I feel about towards men. And no, I have no intention to become a l esbian.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Pweety4me(f): 2:05am On Jun 26, 2010
luizworld:

^ u no dey go church shocked shocked angry I go report you to Pastor DC angry tongue
I do but sometimes i miss preachings? grin

Acidosis:

Even after 15years of marriage? Come on, don't say that! Do you know what it means to be divorced? We live in a world where rich women are even dying to bear the name of a poor man.
Ehn?
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 2:08am On Jun 26, 2010
@Carolece, pls retract your last post about men. I'm sure you've not met the right man for you, just as i'm yet to find my own 'right'.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Carolece(f): 2:14am On Jun 26, 2010
Acidosis:

@Carolece, pls retract your last post about men. I'm sure you've not met the right man for you, just as i'm yet to find my own 'right'.
Not possible. If any changes should happen, I can only hate more.

BTW, goodluck finding the right one.
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Acidosis(m): 2:15am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

[color=#550077]Ehn?

Just the same thing I wrote there
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 26, 2010
Pweety4me:

My pastor wish?is it his lyfe?is it his relationship?him be God?wat makes u think i would even consult my pastor about my personal matters? 2 even think about it wat pastor?i barelly even go 2 church grin lipsrsealed. . .abeg jo pastor indeed.
Pweety4me:

I do but sometimes i miss preachings? grin
Ehn?

so you go to church but dont believe in the words your pastor is preaching?!

Carolece:

@ MrBrown. Not only with my relationships, my dad was a prime example also. I dont think all the human of the world put together with hatred sum up to the amount that I have. Hate is such a light word to describe the way I feel about towards men. And no, I have no intention to become a l esbian.

i can understand how your past experiences may have shaped you into who you are and how you feel about us today BUT thinking the way you do will never make you see/meet/encounter the right man even if he stood in front of you  professing his undying love towards you.

its sad that you think this way and you will have to get out of it, its just not healthy (especially if you are not attracted to women).as hard as it may be, you do need professional help in finding your way out of this negative outlook towards men.

yes,there are some deadbeats, no good fathers out there BUT putting us all in that group just because your father wasnt up for the task or because all the men YOU choose to date were below par is childish. if you dated deadbeats in the past then BLAME YOURSELF for your poor choices!

how can you even SEE men for what they truly are when you are blinded by hatred?! are you such a lazy a$$ that you cant fight your way through the zillions of no gooders to find that ONE gem of a guy?!
anyway back to topic. . . . . . i guess you wont have problem of men beating you!
Re: At What Point Do You Enough Is Enough by A40(m): 2:32am On Jun 26, 2010
Just pray you don't fall in love with the wrong one! A lot of girls that are screaming they would never stand for such on here would settle for much worse in the real world if they are totally into the guy

Ever Meet A Virgin? / Question For The Singles And Mingled! / Things We(guys)do For Love....is This One Silly?