Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display (14730 Views)

Nokia 6.1 Plus(X6) Unboxing, Review and Comparison With 5.1 Plus and GCAM Photos / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / HMD To Release Two New Smartphones; Nokia 8 Pro And Nokia 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by dangoteinlaw: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2018
Don't think I can touch any non-water resistant fone again.

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Hopebringer: 7:55am On Aug 22, 2018
Nbote:
HMD shld jus stop already... Nokia has lost out of d smartphone market...

It's not good to be talkative, it'd makes one say things they aren't sure of ..

Nokia HMD grabs top 10 spot in smartphone shipments, sees near-800% YoY growth Ben Schoon - Aug. 2nd 2018

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/9to5google.com/2018/08/02/nokia-hmd-smartphone-shipments-top-10/amp/

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2018
lanre316:
I don't know why I dislike the damn notch.
I hate what you say

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Popotemi01(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2018
The Phone Is Lovely But D Battery Is Not Making Sense. I Thought Nokia Are Always Into Battery
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Christaks(m): 8:26am On Aug 22, 2018
Kira290:
nokia is just trying to be relevant...Lol undecided

Thanks cool

Keep deceiving ur self...lookn for who to deceive, Kira290...

U r nw kirachaana??
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Saintsammurai(m): 8:35am On Aug 22, 2018
Nbote:
HMD shld jus stop already... Nokia has lost out of d smartphone market...
Have you heard about Nokia maze?
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Saintsammurai(m): 8:39am On Aug 22, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

HMD Global has launched two new products simultaneously, the Nokia 6.1 Plus (also called X6 in China) and the Nokia 5.1 Plus. Both smartphones have been launched in India. While both phones look alike and have slightly similar specs, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is in the upper midrange level while the 5.1 plus is in the lower midrange level. Both phones have, the same design, notch display which is the popular trend right now and dual camera feature.

NOKIA 6.1 PLUS (N82,500 Approx)

Even though both phone are midrange level, this phone has a higher spec which is slightly different in comparison to the Nokia 5.1 plus. It comes loaded with features like the 5.8-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display running at a resolution of 2,280×1,080 pixels, and aspect ratio of 19:9, the screen also comes with a display notch which is protected by an older Corning Gorilla glass 3. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor. At the back of the phone is a dual camera which includes a 16MP autofocus sensor with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP monochrome sensor with f/2.2 aperture while the front selfie camera comes with a 16MP shooter.

This smartphone also offers the BOOTHIE feature which allows you to take pictures with both the front and back cameras at the same time. It comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM which can be expanded further using an SD card. It comes with a battery capacity of 3.060 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and also supports Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE. It is an Android One phone which is coming with Oreo 8.1 out of the box, it will be among the first to get the Android Pie 9.0 update. It will be available in gloss midnight blue, gloss black and gloss white colours.

NOKIA 5.1 PLUS budget smartphone (N75,000 Approx)

This Nokia 5.1 plus has a lower spec which is slightly different in comparison to the Nokia 6.1 plus. It comes loaded with features like the 5.9-inch HD+ IPS LCD display running at a resolution of 1,520×720 pixels, and aspect ratio of 19:9, the screen also comes with a display notch which is protected by an older Corning Gorilla glass 3. Under the hood, the smartphone is powered by the MediaTek Helio P60 processor. At the back of the phone is a dual camera which includes a 13MP autofocus sensor with a depth-sensing lens of 5MP monochrome sensor while the front selfie camera comes with a 8MP shooter. This smartphone also offers the BOOTHIE feature which allows you to take pictures with both the front and back cameras at the same time. It comes with 3GB RAM and 64GB ROM which can be expanded further using an SD card. It comes with a battery capacity of 3.060 mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 and also supports Bluetooth 5.0, 4G VoLTE. It is an Android One phone which is coming with Oreo 8.1 out of the box, it will be among the first to get the Android Pie 9.0 update. It will be available in gloss midnight blue, gloss black and gloss white colours.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/hmd-global-has-launched-the-nokia-6-1-plus-and-nokia-5-1-plus-with-notch-display/

Sorry for the long quote..
But please when is the Nokia maze coming out?
That is the only phone on my mind now..
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Jeromejnr(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
The best thing for any smartphone is notch display

Have you ever used any phone with the notch?

The notch takes away content and can also be distracting.

Go to the online tech world and see how people have been complaining.

That is why people prefer Samsung displays.

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Jadoskii(m): 8:53am On Aug 22, 2018
Nice specs ..awful battery.... Huaweii p20 pro all d way....
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by mosesjida(m): 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
so Nokia has now started coming down in price...and I still can't believe Nokia is using mediatek?? dat 6.1 is ok but u would see cheaper phones with cooler specs than that Nokia 5.1
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by TechCapon(m): 9:03am On Aug 22, 2018
Saintsammurai:
Sorry for the long quote..
But please when is the Nokia maze coming out?
That is the only phone on my mind now..
I'll keep you updated
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2018
Jeromejnr:

Have you ever used any phone with the notch?

The notch takes away content and can also be distracting.

Go to the online tech world and see how people have been complaining.

That is why people prefer Samsung displays.

ioga stop the lie please, I'm currently using umudigi z2 a notch screen and it's outa this world.

The display is amazing
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Protein0: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2018
.Brand new (sealed)
Xiaomi redmi note 5(global rom)
Price: 3/32gb-62k (black), 60k(gold)
4/64gb- 75k(black), 73k(gold)

Freebies: 2tempered glasses
1silicone case

Pay on delivery within Lagos
Outside Lagos? Pay before waybill
Can be waybilled to anywhere where life exists

Offer valid while stock lasts

Interested? Call or whatsapp 07063579846

FOR BEST DEALS ON OTHER MODELS, GO HERE https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/3287#69976732
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Jeromejnr(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
ioga stop the lie please, I'm currently using umudigi z2 a notch screen and it's outa this world.

The display is amazing

Mtcheeew.

Until you use an S9 before you will know the display you are using is crap.

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Rilwayne001: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2018
Nice phone
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by xtervaganza(m): 10:37am On Aug 22, 2018
The sad life of Nokia.....

From being the top dog to copying apples ugly notch.

Classless. Like every of their products, it will flop.

1 Like

Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Dotng: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2018
Nokia 6.1 Plus (TA-1103) 4GB / 64GB 5.8-inches Dual SIM Factory Unlocked - International Stock No Warranty

About this item
Description

3G WCDMA B1 / B2 / B5 / B8 ; 4G LTE B1 / B3 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B28 / B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41 *****Please check with your carrier for compatibility. We are not responsible for any incompatible issues ...

Features & details
Dual Nano-SIM (4G + 4G) ; 3G WCDMA B1 / B2 / B5 / B8 ; 4G LTE B1 / B3 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B28 / B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41 ; 4G LTE does not work in the US ; 3G works with AT&T and AT&T based GSM carriers ; DOES NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, U.S. Cellular and all other CDMA carriers ; LTE compatibility: This is international stock, varies per carrier (ensure to check with your carrier before purchase)
Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 CPU ; 64GB ROM, 4GB RAM ; Supports microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) ; 3060 mAh battery.
Main Camera: Dual: 16 MP (AF, f/2.0, 1.0µm) + 5 MP (FF, f/2.4, 1.12µm) ; Front Camera: 16 MP, FF, f/2.0, 1.0µm.
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by ObaKlaz: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2018
Saintsammurai:
Have you heard about Nokia maze?
I had to Google it right now. I saw a beast, a total monster! Damn!!! shocked shocked shocked The price is surely gonna be eye-popping. Na to start keeping some cash aside, pending the release o. I gotta get my hands on that monster!
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Rubiesangel: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2018
ikes9:

I'm suspecting this year's tecno phantom to be just like that, patiently waiting for it, could be phantom X or phantom 10
lets just keep our fingers crossed, Tecno always outdo their previous performance. I'm they will wow user with their next lunch.
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Rubiesangel: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2018
pawesome:
Am waiting for techno to launch a bezless phone like this... 80% screen
I think Tecno is on track. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by Rubiesangel: 12:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Smartphone are becoming boring. Just same configuration pattern. either camera or ram or CPU or screen size is increasing.
what else do you want? do you want smart phones to start shooting guns and throw grenades?
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by CodeTemplar: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2018
Rubiesangel:
what else do you want? do you want smart phones to start shooting guns and throw grenades?

Imagine a smart phone with a rotating camera that can rotate 180° to the front for selfie or back facing position for regular shoot. That will mean reduced number of cameras with better selfies.

we need corresponding battery increase to power the increasing RAM, CPU, and peripheral power.

Also a hardcoded ID like BlackBerry Pin will go along way in checking theft of most android phones.

We need those and not just increase in RAM CPU and Cameras. Get it?
Re: HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display by bbalogun59: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2018
xanie:
Does it support the 4G bands of our network operators in Nigeria?
. Yes it does. It supports Airtel glo and mtn and etisalat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whatsapp To Allow Users To Edit Sent Messages, But Only Within 15 Mins Range / Letter To Airtel Nigeria / Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.