Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Who Is A True Man Of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A True Man Of God? (14236 Views)

Prophet Samson Ayorinde Endorses Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman As A True Man Of God! / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A True Man Of God? by ogoamaka99(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2010
Please can someone tell me who a true MAN OF GOD is?.I am asking this question specially to nuclearboy ,biomes2001 and co. who has portrade all the successful men of GOD specially in Nigeria as either fake or evil. As a result i am beginning to think whether all the men of God in Nigeria are evil or fake. Can you please tell me how i can recognize a true man of GOD with particularly a living example of a true man of GOD.
In otherwords if true men of GOD exist in Nigeria i will appreciate to know them through this forum ie their names,ministry and location as well as one or two evidence that proves that they are true men of GOD.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2010
A true man of God is someone who does the will of God. It is not the picture painted to you by those critics above. Critics generally know little or nothing about issues.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by benodic: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2010
why don't you work to become a true man of God yourself. then you will not need to ask anyone about who or who is not a true man of God
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by ogoamaka99(m): 8:58am On Jun 26, 2010
benodic:

why don't you work to become a true man of God yourself. then you will not need to ask anyone about who or who is not a true man of God
Please iam sincere with my request.If i am shown who a true man of GOD is , i will be able to know when i am one before i am branded a fake man of GOD, or a false or even a devil by those who brand every man of GOD as fake or evil .
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2010
@ poster,

a man of God is he that stands aright in creation, does the will of God. And this can be found among any group of people irrespective of their social status, educational background, financial status, poltical relevance, and above all religious creeds.

A man of God doesnt necessarily need belong to any religious sect to be able to observe the rules above.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Henesi2010(m): 10:35am On Jun 26, 2010
Man of God simply refers to someone who knows God, acknowledd his existance, does his wil and serve him faithfully.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:54am On Jun 26, 2010
@Ogoamaka:

When the debate was on about Chris Oyakilome being a FreeMason, I spoke up and said I don't "think" he is a cultist. When Oyedepo said "love makes you RICH and PROSPEROUS", I said IF THAT MEANS "love" will give you 3 jeeps and 2 mansions, its a lie BUT IF he meant rich and prosperous means you have contentment, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, THEN HE is right.

The Gospel of Money is not Biblical. Any human being who says Christianity is about money, winning, controlling the world and being the "top people" of earth, IS A THIEF. No matter who he is! Why? Because the Apostles Peter, Stephen, Paul, James etc walked with Jesus and wrote what we are following - they wrote that the Christian life would be one of persecution but that we have a reward - IN HEAVEN and inside ourselves (love, peace, calm, contentment). How any man can change that to become a story of money is sad! Does he know more than Peter or Paul? Where is he getting his information from? Is it not what Paul and the Apostles wrote?

These people (MOGs) have taught many good things but mind you - the good does not cancel the evil. What the Bible says is "dead flies spoil the perfumers ointment; so also does a little folly spoil much wisdom". Add a little poison to a cup of water. Will you drink it because the water was clean? 

But I do not throw out the baby with the bath water. It is the specific things they say and I hear that is wrong BIBLICALLY that I argue against and not that they are not christians. So if you say they are right, then  it is the Bible that is wrong!

A Christian is a believer, who follows the commandment of Love of God AND Man. You cannot say you love men and cheat them or lie to them or fool them or control them to your own advantage. You cannot say you love God and twist His Word to your own advantage. Jesus, Peter, Paul, were examples of the above. Imagine the power Peter had over men when he raised the cripple? Do you see him asking for tithe? Imagine what Paul could ask of those who witnessed when a deadly snake bit him and nothing happened to him? Does the Bible not have him saying he wants no man's money but prefers to pay his own way himself? These were Christians - they believed God's reward is in the next world. But today, its bring money money money!

Finally, I do not say Christians should be poor or that pastors be beggarly - I work hard and God has given me success. Many Christians are multi-millionaires from hard work. Many pastors get fantastic gifts (cars, checks, etc) and that is good. But many are also poor - why can't we help these as God planned tithes for rather than making church to be only about money money money with that not going to the needy but to pastors.

I hope you get MY OWN point now. That is how I define "Christian".
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by eyzhvntsn: 11:37am On Jun 26, 2010
A true man son/daughter of God in my opinion is one who bears the fruit of righteousness.

In the context of men of God (I detest the phrase sef) Jesus said in Matt 7:20, by their fruits you shall know them. If we look at the life of the disciples who became the apostles, what fruit did they bear?

Christianity today has substituted the pursuit of righteousness for the pursuit of material things, substituted selflessness for selfish gain, from the so-called MOG's to the newest in the pews.

It's not about prosperity, not about signs and wonders, not even about the word of faith alone, God has and always will be interested in building character before anything else is added (refer to the very popular Matt 6:33) so where there is a lack of 'character' babu true man son/daughter of God. His will is first and foremost that we be 'conformed' to the image of His son, then comes the rest whatever that might be because in the conforming is the building into the character of the believer something most christians today are very unfamiliar with 'CONTENTMENT'.

Most churches today cannot even be compared to the recalcitrant corinthian church when it comes to levels of the display of God's power yet Paul rebuked them harshly for the things they did, things that even worse than, today we glorify in churches. Talking about Paul, who was also an apostle, what fruit did he bear? Read what he said about himself and his ministry as a 'man of God' (actually he would refer to himself as a servant of Christ) in 1 Corinthians 9. How many so-called 'men of God' can say the same today?

Only by their fruit do you truly know them, if you look, talk, walk and act like your earthly father, those who know your father will say that is the true son/daughter of so and so. Your earthly father has a business and you are the overseer, they will still refer to you as the son/daughter of your father so enough with all the phrases and elevation of characterless people who happen to have a title they are not even worthy of in churches.

Find out the true character of God and find those who look, walk, talk and act like Him and you will find a true man son/daughter of God.

SELAH!!!

@ nuclearboy

Your posts are quite interesting to read.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 5:46am On Jun 27, 2010
ogoamaka99:

Please can someone tell me who a true MAN OF GOD is?.I am asking this question specially to nuclearboy ,biomes2001 and co. who has portrade all the successful men of GOD specially in Nigeria as either fake or evil. As a result i am beginning to think whether all the men of God in Nigeria are evil or fake. Can you please tell me how i can recognize a true man of GOD with particularly a living example of a true man of GOD.
In otherwords if true men of GOD exist in Nigeria i will appreciate to know them through this forum ie their names,ministry and location as well as one or two evidence that proves that they are true men of GOD.

I can assure you that they have none, because those who attack men of God usually dont know its a demonic thing and ignorantly are un aware of the spirit behind it which makes them do such things.

Jude 1:8
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

2 Peter 2:10
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Let me prophesy:You will not get any recommendation of a true man of God in this thread for one reason. This religious critical spirit that attack men of God has the sheep as target.When they tryto turn people away from spiritual leadership and at the end of the day leave them wit nothing but shattered faith. It is demonic.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Henesi2010(m): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2010
ogoamaka99:

True Men of God cannot be identify in this sinfull Earth until we reach HEAVEN. I rememba a story of an elder in the church of God, a very committed member who died & appear b4 the Lord. He was sent to hell fire because of his Sins. On his way to hell, he made his pastor by the gate of hell, he was shocked! And he asked " Pastor what are you doing here?" Pastor replied "shhh,  Pls do not make noise, Bishop is inside sleeping.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Yorubah(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2010
My Question is how can you recognize the real man of God??
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2010
@ Ogoamaka:

OF course Joagbaje cannot tell you who a true man of God is - it will have to contradict what we say and that will be an open admission against the Bible so he comes up with this asinine rubbish that makes no sense

Another member of this Forum who goes by the name TV01 wrote a writeup earlier that throws more light on the activities of what "they" do as opposed to "what" it should be like. Joagbaje wants you to follow MEN that he himself is affiiated to who will then intepret God to you. I want you to follow GOD Himself; nothing in it for me. Which side is Jesus Himself on? Read His Words yourself - MATTHEW 23: 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

So let us ask - who is wishing that men be called Rabbi here? Is he supporting Christ? Who wishes to be a "master"? Who are they that want to be called "daddy", "mama" even by followers that atimes are older? Why should they be followed when you consider the Words of Jesus above? Are we not ALL equal brethren according to Jesus? Do they know better? What is in it for me? What is in it for THEM? is this not a fight about the money and power they get over the souls of men? What have I asked you to bring? Why can't they push you to study and develop DIRECTLY under the Holy Spirit?

Please go through this and see truth. A CHRISTIAN wrote this -

[b]Believers & Priesthood

In the Body of Christ, there are no class or hierarchical divisions. The only real distinction is maturity in your walk and time spent in His presence (Acts 4:13). There is no mandate or requirement to have some believers differentiated (i.e. elevated) by ordination or theological/seminary training (John 7:15).

The Bible clearly attests to the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:9, Revelations 1:6). More mature believers if they fulfill the criteria may serve as elders (this role is the same as pastor/shepherd/bishop, the different renderings merely describe various facets of the same role). Likewise, others may serve as deacons. The personal qualities for both are clearly spelt out in the pastoral epistles (Timothy & Titus). These are the only roles required in NT Christianity.

Furthermore, the ethos is one of servant-leadership;
Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. 26 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. 27 And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave-- 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Hierarchies, reporting lines and corporate structures are simply not necessary in the Body of Christ (authority stems primarily from the family and not the Church. 1 Corinthians 11:1-3).

1 Peter 5:1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; 3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;

Christian leadership is a sacrificial service aimed at providing an example to the less mature and guidance, counsel and direction for the whole flock of God. The aim of our collective fellowship, the various gifts and all the offices, so beautifully enunciated in Ephesians chapter 4, is to bring all believers to maturity in Christ.

And just as the interaction between the Head and members of this family is relational, likewise, fellowship between the individual members of the body of Christ is clearly meant to be relationship based and not functionally ordered. It’s corporeal and not corporate, a body not an institution. It is edification by knitting together through love. God’s a Father not a Chairman/CEO.

As long as a hierarchical (religious) divide exists between clergy and laity, this will never be the case. Ironically, it takes both sides to both justify and perpetuate. To do this they have to foster spiritual dependence by the laity (so called) on the clergy (so called). For this unscriptural state of affairs to continue, certain truths have to be suppressed or misapplied. The situation is further compounded by the cult of personality, which grows up around certain religious figures. Please, don’t let the fallen nature (and it’s lust for Power, Profit, Position & Prestige) along with your affection for human culture and love of religious tradition to rob you of intimacy with God.

The new covenant appoints a new royal priesthood comprising of ALL BELIEVERS (1 Peter 2:5, 9, Revelations 1:6), and ONE new High priest, sworn by an oath according to the order of Melchizedek. (Hebrews 6:20, 7:26, 8:1, 9:11). Hallelujah! Praises to God most high. It’s that simple.

God bless
TV

note: the mandate assumed by so called pastors in most churches today is a self-arrogated one and nowhere found in scripture. Eldership in a church setting is always by a plurality of qualified male elders (all things being equal). Nowhere in the biblical narrative is there leave or 1 single example of a single person "pastoring" a church. I acknowlege the right of all to make "OTHERS" kings over themselves if they so wish.[/b]
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2010
@Yorubah:

YOURSELF are a real man of God IF you believe Christ died for you. Now to "LIVE IT", [1] pick your Bible and study [2] Pray pray then pray again

THEN you will show it. Your conscience will be regenerated, truth, peace, calm and the other attributes of the Holy Spirit will start to manifest in your life and it will become stronger, better etc as you mature in [1] study [2] prayer [3] living the life. Look at it like this - the closer you are to someone, the better you know them. GET CLOSE TO GOD.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Yorubah(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Yorubah:

YOURSELF are a real man of God IF you believe Christ died for you. Now to "LIVE IT", [1] pick your Bible and study [2] Pray pray then pray again

THEN you will show it. Your conscience will be regenerated, truth, peace, calm and the other attributes of the Holy Spirit will start to manifest in your life and it will become stronger, better etc as you mature in [1] study [2] prayer [3] living the life. Look at it like this - the closer you are to someone, the better you know them. GET CLOSE TO GOD.
Thanks so much, i totally agree. God bless
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by eyzhvntsn: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2010
So let us ask - who is wishing that men be called Rabbi here? Is he supporting Christ? Who wishes to be a "master"? Who are they that want to be called "daddy", "mama" even by followers that atimes are older? (from nuclearboy)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! How refreshing to read this. I have always wondered how anyone can accept someone old enough to be their parent answering 'sir' or 'ma' to them just because they hold a 'title'. Baffling yet infuriating.

Why can't they push you to study and develop DIRECTLY under the Holy Spirit?(from nuclearboy)

Because they are all insecure. Only a mature christian can and will do such.

Believers & Priesthood

In the Body of Christ, there are no class or hierarchical divisions. The only real distinction is maturity in your walk and time spent in His presence (Acts 4:13). There is no mandate or requirement to have some believers differentiated (i.e. elevated) by ordination or theological/seminary training (John 7:15).

The Bible clearly attests to the priesthood of all believers (1 Peter 2:9, Revelations 1:6). More mature believers if they fulfill the criteria may serve as elders (this role is the same as pastor/shepherd/bishop, the different renderings merely describe various facets of the same role). Likewise, others may serve as deacons. The personal qualities for both are clearly spelt out in the pastoral epistles (Timothy & Titus). These are the only roles required in NT Christianity.

Furthermore, the ethos is one of servant-leadership;
Matthew 20:25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. 26 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. 27 And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave-- 28 just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Hierarchies, reporting lines and corporate structures are simply not necessary in the Body of Christ (authority stems primarily from the family and not the Church. 1 Corinthians 11:1-3).

1 Peter 5:1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; 3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock;

Christian [b]leadership is a sacrificial service aimed at providing an example to the less mature and guidance, counsel and direction for the whole flock of God. The aim of our collective fellowship, the various gifts and all the offices, so beautifully enunciated in Ephesians chapter 4, is to bring all believers to maturity in Christ.

And just as the interaction between the Head and members of this family is relational, likewise, fellowship between the individual members of the body of Christ is clearly meant to be relationship based and not functionally ordered. It’s corporeal and not corporate, a body not an institution. It is edification by knitting together through love. God’s a Father not a Chairman/CEO.

As long as a hierarchical (religious) divide exists between clergy and laity, this will never be the case. Ironically, it takes both sides to both justify and perpetuate. To do this they have to foster spiritual dependence by the laity (so called) on the clergy (so called). For this unscriptural state of affairs to continue, certain truths have to be suppressed or misapplied. The situation is further compounded by the cult of personality, which grows up around certain religious figures. Please, don’t let the fallen nature (and it’s lust for Power, Profit, Position & Prestige) along with your affection for human culture and love of religious tradition to rob you of intimacy with God.

The new covenant appoints a new royal priesthood comprising of ALL BELIEVERS (1 Peter 2:5, 9, Revelations 1:6), and ONE new High priest, sworn by an oath according to the order of Melchizedek. (Hebrews 6:20, 7:26, 8:1, 9:11). Hallelujah! Praises to God most high. It’s that simple.

God bless
TV

As for this write-up, I could not agree more. I have heard it said that the one reason Judas had to betray Jesus with a kiss was because Jesus blended in with the disciples so much so that they could not distinguish him from them.

*sigh*
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
^^^ Whats wrong?
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by eyzhvntsn: 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ Whats wrong?

Nothing. tx
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2010
If you like that writeup, please as I said earlier, search out TV01 and go through his posts.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by eyzhvntsn: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2010
Ok will do
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2010
nuclearboy:

OF course Joagbaje cannot tell you who a true man of God is - it will have to contradict what we say and that will be an open admission against the Bible so he comes up with this asinine rubbish that makes no sense

It may not make sense to sense knowledge individuals but it surely gives spiritual insight.

Another member of this Forum who goes by the name TV01 wrote a writeup earlier that throws more light on the activities of what "they" do as opposed to "what" it should be like. Joagbaje wants you to follow MEN that he himself is affiiated to who will then intepret God to you. I want you to follow GOD Himself; nothing in it for me. Which side is Jesus Himself on? Read His Words yourself - [b]MATTHEW 23: 8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.[/b]

So let us ask - who is wishing that men be called Rabbi here? Is he supporting Christ? Who wishes to be a "master"? Who are they that want to be called "daddy", "mama" even by followers that atimes are older? Why should they be followed when you consider the Words of Jesus above? Are we not ALL equal brethren according to Jesus? Do they know better? What is in it for me? What is in it for THEM? is this not a fight about the money and power they get over the souls of men? What have I asked you to bring? Why can't they push you to study and develop DIRECTLY under the Holy Spirit?

And what is this " Be not called Rabbi" Children rhymes you are pasting all over NL?. What kind of misuse of scripyures. Maybe I dont really get you. You may throw more light. Are you saying , there should not be teachers in the church or what?

There is structure in the body of Christ . There is leadership and organisational lines of comunication in the body. Both old and new testament. I wish I have the time for this crap.

John 12:20-22
And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: [21] The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. [22] Philip cometh and telleth Andrew: and again Andrew and Philip tell Jesus.

He had 120 there about, out of which came 70, he had 12 leaders out of which were the big three. Moses had Hierarchical structure. Gods leads people through leadership. From the home to the church. Ofcourse leadership is not being bossy over people but a place of service. Every christian leader should know that. But you are just jumbling things together with this you erronous doctrine of we are all at thesame level teaching. I thought you said you lead a bible class or prayer group or something. I will want to know how organised or disorganised it is. If it like corinthian church.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2010
I pray and fellowship with a few friends unofficially - no leader! Anyone can bring up an issue and it is discussed maturely. When one speaks, all else are quiet and introspective.

You lie when you turn the manner in which Jesus related WITH (not to them as you do) His disciples. If not, then explain why they didn't know Him different and needed Judas to show them. Because people were used to the (your) Pharisee style, they went to Phillip and he with Andrew told Jesus. Do you notice the last person who "told" Jesus was the first one who learnt people wanted to see Christ? I think GOd deliberately made sure Phillip's name came last because He knew people like you would want to turn it into -

[1] Denrele wants to see Pastor Chris so He tells Femi
[2] Femi then tells the "secretary"
[3] Secretary then tells the PRO
[4] PRO tells PA
[5] PA arranges the meeting after checking his tithe card and records to show he's a good worshipper follower of the MOG.

So God MADE IT CLEAR the chap(s) told Phillip because they didn't know Jesus and Phillip (with Andrew) introduced them to Jesus. No shakara or bigmanism.

You say I am "misusing" scriptures. Okay, explain what Jesus meant in Matt 23 when, after He insulted the pharisees who like titles and want to be called CLOSER TO GOD (MOGs) AND SO SIT IN MOSES SEAT, told HIS OWN to avoid all such. You forget there was a background, abi you think you're talking down at one of your people who don't read the Bible? Start with Matthew 23, verse 1 and explain to verse 12! I am waiting.

Spiritual insight? For someone who is desperately searching for earthly rewards, you have a nerve talking "spiritise"
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by newmi(m): 10:49pm On Jun 27, 2010
Jesus Christ is our perfect example and final reference because according to John 1:1 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.", He is the living Logos of Father God and the bible says that  ", in Him (the Word) all things consist, and He is before all things, " (col 1:17),

thus He becomes the true definition that mirrors reality to us with ragards to any gray area  of interest. Be that as it may, even our most beloved and revered master and saviour-Jesus Christ wasn't considered a true man sent from God by the religious socratises of His days, with all the good that He did ", how God anointed Jesus Christ of nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power who went about doing good and healing all them that was oppressed of the devil for God was with Him". in somuch the fact that they knew the scriptures concerning Him but their pride and envy was too precious an asset for them to let go in humble submission to the obvious writings on the wall that this was the Christ.
Very little has changed today, if they called Jesus Christ a devil " Joh 10:19There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
Joh 10:20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

they perhaps would be justified calling almost every "man of God" same clearly following in the footsteps of their fathers

Jesus Christ emphatically and unequivocally beared His mind in John 4:44 " For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country"

to this end l wish to subscribe to the "prophecy" of Joe Agbaje; that it might be  seemingly difficult if not impossible to get a sincerely, unreserved and trusted clearity of opinion of who a true man of God is defined by from a place like nairaland whose pages are being graced by men of extremely and versely devient school of thoughts whose foundations have no bearing in the Word of God.

A TRUE MAN OF GOD IS DEFINED BY THE WORD!!! SO RESEACH YOUR BIBLE- SEEK YOU WILL FIND, KNOCK AND THE DOOR WILL BE OPEN TO YOU,
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 7:34am On Jun 28, 2010
^^

The Pharisees called Jesus "a devil". Jesus called them Hypocrites and sons of their father "THE DEVIL".
The pharisees wanted the praise of men. Jesus wanted the Glory of God
The pharisees were the religious establishment and controlled the mob. Jesus had just His few "TRUE"
The pharisees were wealthy, big men who knew Pilate and could demand His death. Jesus and disciples had no "clout" except with Heaven
The pharisees were called MOGs and wore suits (robes). Jesus and company were poor, reviled and had no human position
The Pharisees used big Words (logos, Greek, Aramaic, revelation knowledge and insisted on different LEVELS with them of course, at the top). Jesus said No, you are all equal and lived/spoke simply. He wasn't even recognised amongst His disciples!
The Pharisees quoted from Moses law and used it randomly to confuse. Jesus explained all (to His own) simply and without embellishment or clapping

What else is there to say? Stand against the establishment/hypocrisy OR stand against Christ ---> Its your choice. As one of the biggest liars in History said "The bigger the lie, the more the people will believe it" - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf. Standing against God's Word is quite a big lie! grin
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by petres007(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2010
@nuclearboy & @eyzhvntsn,

Reading your posts has really made my day.  wink

I just pray God stretches out his hands to deliver more people from the unbelievable combination of man/mammon/self worship currently going on in the name of the Lord.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Joagbaje(m): 12:21pm On Jun 28, 2010
nuclearboy,
I would like to be clear on your stand.What are you really passing accross
Is it that there should be no headship
Is it that there should be no leadership in the body
is it that there should be no administrative structure
I dont want to misunderstand you so please be clear on what you are projecting so I can respond appropriately.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by mathewjam(m): 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2010
One God himself can answer that question.
Who is truely his servant.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2010
Joagbaje:

nuclearboy,
I would like to be clear on your stand.What are you really passing accross
Is it that there should be no headship
Is it that there should be no leadership in the body
is it that there should be no administrative structure
I dont want to misunderstand you so please be clear on what you are projecting so I can respond appropriately.

You already wrote someplace that old time religion is not good enough for you so I don't know why you ask me. In saying old time religion is not good enough, what Peter, Stephen, Paul, James the babyteeth and the other Apostles of Christ believed and did is not good enough for you. And you did call 1 Cor 11: 1 -3 "crap" so whats the point?

Anyway -

There is a HEADSHIP and the Bible is clear on that - ONE HIGH PRIEST. It further reiterates this when it says CHRIST iS THE HEAD. Any other head(s) are therefore FAKE!

There is a leadership - PLEASE, SIR, STARTING FROM THE DAY AT PENTECOST, show me one Pastor heading a flock in the Bible. Leadership in the Bible is by example that makes you get chosen as an elder. Read that as PLURAL as we do not have one elder controlling the church anywhere in the Bible unlike today when "pastor MOG" is almighty.

"administrative structures" belong in government and business. The church is the body of Christ. Jesus is its Head i.e. brain. Are you telling us here that it is your tummy that administers the church's structure? grin So thank you but NO, in the Biblical context, there is no administration except that of Jesus Himself

Let me speed this all up. The Bible does NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE PASTOR over a flock. Whenever a "church" was planted, the "apostle" who planted it left it to "elders" and there was no central administration i.e. no branches and no remittances to the head-quarters. Thus leadership was found through the simple process of people knowing themselves and thus putting the most respected elders as leaders. Read "Elders" as PLURAL (chosen through natural selection of maturity).
There was no administrative structure as is found today - no Pastor(s), assistant pastors, personal assistants, no ushers and definitely no bodyguards. There were no budgets! Responsible people collected and shared money DONATED FOR THE POOR, not for the ministry pastor as you do today.

And one last thing Joagbaje, the Gospel spread so much that YOU HEARD IT, even though Churches didn't collect money for themselves but for the poor. Churches gave not collected. The poor received, not paid tithe! And they found love they had found nowhere else amongst these "elder" run fellowships/churches.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Image123(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2010
Most of what nuclearpapa is posting here is poison mixed with truth. I just want to make that CLEAR. Sorry, no time to back that up now but will try to before the week runs out. This guy is being mightily used of the devil and doesn't seem to know it, chei!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by nuclearboy(m): 7:21am On Jun 29, 2010
^^ You had time to say you "make that CLEAR" but not to "back it up"? But you've posted on other threads on NL (money based of course since that is what matters to you) (as usual without scriptural backing) though you're not free till "later in the week"? grin

Yorubas say an Ibadan LIAR says his witnesses are far away in Kano (after this page will have passed and been forgotten)

Empty head worshipping men like himself and money. Balaam's donkey would have refused to carry you  tongue

Haven't you now shown who your daddy is? Child of THE liar of ages!
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 29, 2010
A man of God is he who does not bear FALSE WITNESS against his God
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by PastorAIO: 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2010
Let me prophesy:You will not get any recommendation of a true man of God in this thread for one reason. This religious critical spirit that attack men of God has the sheep as target.When they tryto turn people away from spiritual leadership and at the end of the day leave them wit nothing but shattered faith. It is demonic.

I am a True man of God. The question of leadership does not come into it. But I recommend myself at any time and lest you say he bears witness to himself, let me add that the Holy spirit bears witness for me too.
Re: Who Is A True Man Of God? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2010
Pastor AIO:

I am a True man of God. The question of leadership does not come into it. But I recommend myself at any time and lest you say he bears witness to himself, let me add that the Holy spirit bears witness for me too.

My pastor. I like this ur post. It takes away my doubt on u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! / How I Was Informed Of Oyedepo’s Wife Death, Adeboye Reveals / How Far Supposed Pastor Can Go In Maligning Character Of Prophet Fufeyin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.