Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise (3405 Views)

Guys!!! If You Are Ready Now, Go And Marry Before It's Late.(photo) / Seriously In Need Of Advise/Help. At a critical situation (photo) / My Little Piece Of Advise To Nairaland's Spinsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Kudducini(m): 3:47am On Aug 23, 2018
DEAR YOUNG GUYS AT AGE 22 TO 28 YEARS
Don't make our mistakes. Marry now with the little you have. Don't wait to be a millionaire. Have kids early so you can grow with them. At my age I don't have kids yet and it's my greatest regret.
Grow with your kids and succeed with your wife. You might still not succeed at your target years, so start your life early and with consistency you will grow.
When I was 22 years, I was thinking about making billions before I marry. Many years later Billions didn't come and No kids, No wife.
I had an opportunity to marry the love of my life when I was 23 years in my Graduation year in school but all I was thinking was "What am I going to feed her with?"
Right now she's married to another guy, she has given birth to two kids and all grown. The guy that married her was still schooling by then but they worked on their success together.
I failed, so please If you can feed yourself 3 or 4 times a day, it means you can feed your wife and you have to believe it. Marry early and don't wait. Don't make our mistakes because I see my childhood friends play with their kids. Most of them are not doing as well as me but they're happy in their marriage.
Trust me, it isn't about money, though it count but rather your happiness depends entirely on your wisdom.
You can be poor and comfortable. With a well planned life they're happy. Trust me it isn't about money. What was my problem? Build mansion, buy Rolls Royce, marry a Sharon Stone type of lady? Never because I still don't have those things I dreamed of and of course the years I wasted, I can never have them and I mean never.
I can't be 60yrs old and my kids will still be in their 20's. What am I supposed to be? Their grand father or father?
Please young men, take my advice seriously. Let the little you have speak for you. Settle down early because God can change your life in a blink. With a good wife by your side you will succeed.
No matter how hard life is, no matter the situation, no matter what the devil or demons will do, start your life early and stay blessed.
Á ŴoŔĎ Ťo ŤĤĔ ŴĨŚĔ ĨŚ ĔŃoÚĞĤ

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by consultancy: 4:00am On Aug 23, 2018
Your advice is on point. I tell people the same thing, but I also tell them to remember it is a two edged sword.

It's a beautiful thing to have ur kids in ur twenties and watch them grow with you. Before you get old in ur 60s, they are already established and doing well. Wow, beautiful dream!!! Alas, it doesn't always turn out that way.

One needs to be certain of his financial strength to carry a family before venturing into marriage, to avoid raising kids with bleak future, especially when the finances are not there to help push them up the ladder of life(could be sponsoring their education to the highest level, setting up a lucrative business for them, or sponsoring their trip abroad) . Children that would curse and swear for u when they grow up, asking you questions like where u were when Dangote and Otedola were making money.

Another example is using the little capital u would have invested in your business or assets as a young man, to raise children.
At the end u have nothing to fall back on aside the name 'Papa Emeka' grin . So brethren, only marry when you know you are ready, psychologically, financially, spiritually etc... Peace

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by chiommy123(f): 5:59am On Aug 23, 2018
op you are very correct and I stand with you on this one. you know that's the major problem with our young men these days waiting for billions and trillions, own houses, etc before they think of settling down and before this things come they are in their mind 40s or early 50s for some deceiving themselves that its only women that have biological clocks forgetting it affects them too. so make una follow op advice. it is well

5 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2018
Wetin concern me with marriage when am already enjoying the goodies attached to it grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Sixteen2012: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Abroad yes but in Nigeria you people should shut the crap. How do you expect someone barely surviving with minimum wage to go and marry. This is suicide I tell you. It would have been better if you can marry a working class woman but in Nigeria how many woman are empowered to be working for themselves.

Since I started living alone I stopped blaming my farther for not giving me those good life I dreamt off because I have experience so much about earning money and spending money. I tell you it's not easy not to talk of adding someone who will always stay at home and add to your misery.

You want to send young men to their early grave. Marriage is not for the faint hearted because if you are not prepared financially, psychologically and physically too, you will even regret bringing a child to this world. And your wife may reach a point to even insult you and cheat on you with another man when you can't provide. Maybe you haven't been to the market to price baby food and accessories.

I pity anyone who falls with this advice. Exception is when you have a woman willing to support you financially too.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Martinez19(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2018
Sixteen2012:
Abroad yes but in Nigeria you people should shut the crap. How do you expect someone barely surviving with minimum wage to go and marry. This is suicide I tell you. It would have been better if you can marry a working class woman but in Nigeria how many woman are empowered to be working for themselves.

Since I started living alone I stopped blaming my farther for not giving me those good life I dreamt off because I have experience so much about earning money and spending money. I tell you it's not easy not to talk of adding someone who will always stay at home and add to your misery.

You want to send young men to their early grave. Marriage is not for the faint hearted because if you are not prepared financially, psychologically and physically too, you will even regret bringing a child to this world. And your wife may reach a point to even insult you and cheat on you with another man when you can't provide. Maybe you haven't been to the market to price baby food and accessories.

I pity anyone who falls with this advice. Exception is when you have a woman willing to support you financially too.
This topic by the op has been raised several times and sensible people like you and me have corrected and discouraged marital gambling. Marriage is a serious business.

10 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Femeto: 7:04am On Aug 23, 2018
Marriage is a big business where you need capital to survive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Kudducini(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2018
phantonce:
Wetin concern me with marriage when am already enjoying the goodies attached to it grin grin

You can enjoy the goodies but marriage is important
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Kudducini(m): 7:07am On Aug 23, 2018
Sixteen2012:

Well I agree with you partially, but I didn't encourage any man to rush into marriage + only a fool will marry a woman who is jobless

1 Like

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Wilfredpat22(f): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2018
Please sir don’t rush into what you will still rush out I beg you . Because if you don’t have money, we will cheat on you because marriage does not mean a thing to we NIgerian ladies. Won’t we eat and still dress attractively?

Won’t we send money to people in the village? Please sir until the economy improves or you get a well paying job and a ‘Independent’ lady don’t marry

REMEMBER YOU RUSH IN... YOU RUSH OUT

1 Like

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by babyfaceafrica: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2018
marry this,marry that?..please answer these questions

will marriage get you salvation in heaven?
will marriage increase your bank balance?
must you marry to be successful?
must you be married before you can be respected?
must you be married to procreate?
must you be married to be happy?

my answer to the questions above is no!!!!.....why are you then rushing people to get marriage..with the plethora of divorce cases around and you still want people to get married?

marriage is a choice..a good one..but not a necessity abeg..not everybody will get married!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2018
Op, you are high grin ? I know few of my friends that got married by impregnating the girls after our graduation then. Most of them are regretting that action till today. Unless you have enough financial backup or a good source of income, early marriage can only lead to elongated frustration and misery.

5 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Blonchilli(m): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2018
We've heard this a million times but the truth is will you get married and subject your family to poverty? Have you seen the cost of baby food? Diapers? Rent? Food on the table? Health care? So many other things too. I support marrying young but let's call a spade a spade, if you don't have something that can take care of yourself, a woman and 2 kids minimum please don't do it. Even if you might be lucky to have family and friends to assist don't.

2 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Blonchilli(m): 8:20am On Aug 23, 2018
ClixMaster:
Op, you are high grin ? I know few of my friends that got married by impregnating the girls after our graduation then. Most of them are regretting that action till today. Unless you have enough financial backup or a good source of income, early marriage can only lead to elongated frustration and misery.
Spot on. I know a graduate who has a son but because his family can't support everything and no job he's taking 12k job just to feed the child. Having a child ties someone down, makes you settle for less also

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Blonchilli(m): 8:23am On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:
op you are very correct and I stand with you on this one. you know that's the major problem with our young men these days waiting for billions and trillions, own houses, etc before they think of settling down and before this things come they are in their mind 40s or early 50s for some deceiving themselves that its only women that have biological clocks forgetting it affects them too. so make una follow op advice. it is well
How many young men between the ages of 22-28 as the Op said can even take care of themselves not to talk of a family. Not everyone is waiting for the millions and billions as you said but is the money coming?

2 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by chiommy123(f): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2018
Blonchilli:

How many young men between the ages of 22-28 as the Op said can even take care of themselves not to talk of a family. Not everyone is waiting for the millions and billions as you said but is the money coming?
that's why the op is saying if you can talk care of yourself comfortably just try and start your own family

2 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Amberon1: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Op you are 10,000% correct but they will not see reasons with you. Jude skones said this on Twitter some months back. It's really similar to your story. He said he wasn't ready for marriage and wanted to make billions before marriage and lost the live of his life to someone else. Many years later she is now married with 2 kids but he is still hustling now with no millions and no kids and not even a girlfriend because he hasn't found someone he loved as much as he loved his ex.

When Nigerian men think they're unaffected by age I look at them and laugh. I have an uncle. Well to do. He married in his 40s, he's getting old now with his oldest child not even up to 10 and his youngest just about 3. He's worried that he should've married earlier.

1 Like

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Amberon1: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2018
No sir it does not. It can only tie you down if you choose to use it as an excuse.

A woman that loves you will settle down with you even with though you're struggling. But unfortunately many guys played on the good innocent girls they once had at some point in their lives.
Blonchilli:

Spot on. I know a graduate who has a son but because his family can't support everything and no job he's taking 12k job just to feed the child. Having a child ties someone down, makes you settle for less also
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by divinelove(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2018
stale mentality

marry when u are financially ready whether at 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, or even 60 grin, u need money to raise good n useful children to the society n nation at large.

the important thing is that you should have children when you can take care of them.

if u are 40 and your first son is 22 and an armed robber due to lack of training is it not worse than someone at 70 and his first son 25 is a medical doctor.

marrying early when u are poor should be discouraged because it produces children that are societal misfit, prostitutes n armed robbers.

marrying early is good only if u can afford to not bc of the stupid reason of having your children early and growing with them. if God pick your financial calls early then marry early if he picked it late then marry late. The story of life is different for everyone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by NnamdiN: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2018
Copied post
No acknowledgement

1 Like

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by BluntBoy(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:

Biological clock does not affect men. Men don't go through menopause.

4 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2018
in this economy
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by hahahahahaha(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2018
I've seen this same thread at least 5 times with the same wording but different Monicker. I wonder what's your true agenda. Maybe you married early and are beyond frustrated so you try to mislead younger folks. hmmm

9 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by livingg(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2018
Sense full your head.
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by chiommy123(f): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2018
BluntBoy:

yes but they are the ones to be paying school fees at 80
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by BluntBoy(m): 11:43am On Aug 23, 2018
chiommy123:
yes but they are the ones to be paying school fees at 80

Alright. But then, that is a social factor, no biological. If the man has made his money, then it wouldn't be any stress.

But a woman at forty, aside harboring the fear of menopause, also has to fear giving birth to children with congenital defects like Down syndrome. There are also issues such miscarriages, pretem delivery, stillbirth, and many more. Their chances increases with a woman's age.

3 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by chiommy123(f): 11:49am On Aug 23, 2018
BluntBoy:

Alright. But then, that is a social factor, no biological. If the man has made his money, then it wouldn't be any stress.

But a woman at forty, aside harboring the fear of menopause, also has to fear giving birth to children with congenital defects like Down syndrome. There are also issues such miscarriages, pretem delivery, stillbirth, and many more. Their chances increases with a woman's age. Yes you may be right. But still children are gift from God. There are women in their twenties that can not have children

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by Saff(f): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2018
BluntBoy:

Dont deceive yourself sir. Biological clock is physical, mental and psychological. It’s not only about reproducing. You have a biological clock. Having your first child in your 40s is not ideal. You can’t even physically play very well with your children after 50, your body won’t be able to handle it. Marry young, hustle at a young age so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by BluntBoy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
Saff:
Dont deceive yourself sir. Biological clock is physical, mental and psychological. It’s not only about reproducing. You have a biological clock. Having your first child in your 40s is not ideal. You can’t even physically play very well with your children after 50, your body won’t be able to handle it. Marry young, hustle at a young age so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Why are you so angry grin

Read this:

Typically, biological clock has to do with a woman’s reproductive years – time when she can have babies. The accepted age is up to 35 (though science can make even a 50-year-old Janet Jackson a mom). But that, many would say, is the upper limit. Anything above that is generally considered dangerous.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/health-and-fitness/nature-over-science-biological-clock-is-real-and-it-s-ticking-fast/story-t43DGp9r3kRlX7kzHGbQYO.html

3 Likes

Re: Marry Before Its Too Late - A Piece Of Advise by BluntBoy(m): 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2018
[quote author=chiommy123 post=70533203][/quote]
What, Chioma

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Took Just A Finger Snap And Her Panties Were Trapped In My Tooth / Chycking Gone Bad...hilarious! Her Responses Was Epic! (pics Attached) / Good Evening From Maradi Region, Niger Republic (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.