Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund (11995 Views)

Lagos' Fourth Mainland Bridge To Be Africa's Second Longest Bridge / Ijora Olopa Bridge To Be Closed Immediately - FG / Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut 12am Thursday - Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by captaincaleb(m): 6:07am On Aug 23, 2018
THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE TO BE SHUT TEMPORARILY ON THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY

The Lagos State Government has said that the 3rd Mainland Bridge will be temporarily shut down for four days starting from midnight of August 23 to midnight of August 26, 2018 for Investigative Maintenance Test to be carried out.

The State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Ade Akinsanya, who disclosed this in a statement, said the decision was taken after due consultation with the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.

The four-day closure, according to Akinsanya, will enable the contractors assess the true state of the bridge after which works would commence by the end of the year or early in 2019.

It would be recalled that the Federal Government had earlier announced plans to shut the bridge in July, but had to be shelved after due consultation with the State Government and wide deliberations with other stakeholders, who expressed concern about the indiscriminate parking of articulated vehicles on other alternative routes which would have adversely affected traffic.

Subsequently, a Joint Task Force set up to remove the articulated vehicles from the highway was able to achieve tremendous success.

Justifying the need for the closure, Akinsanya said: “The 3rd Mainland Bridge which was opened about 30 years ago by the then military government has had haphazard maintenance and repairs in the past which the present Federal Government is committed to correct by carrying out proper and continuous maintenance and repairs on it.”

Consequently, the State Government appealed for the cooperation, support and understanding of all motorists and residents, advising them to minimize non-essential travel and movements during the four-day closure.

Besides, Akinsanya said all traffic management agencies including the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) and the Police, among others, have been mandated to ensure smooth flow of traffic on all the other alternative roads and traffic corridor

http://www.olonitolacaleb.com/2018/08/third-mainland-bridge-to-be-shut.html

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by EwuOjota: 6:08am On Aug 23, 2018
We living in Norway are not bothered.

4 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 23, 2018
Politicians are using third mainland bridge to steal money in the name of maintenance.

8 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by id4sho(m): 6:27am On Aug 23, 2018
Why not the just concluded public holidays, useless government like suffering commuters. mtchewww

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by chikids(m): 6:28am On Aug 23, 2018
This their maintenance is becoming out of hand. Why not do the maintenance once and for all. Politicians and their tricks of stealing money

7 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Dutchey(m): 6:28am On Aug 23, 2018
ok
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Coldfaya(m): 6:29am On Aug 23, 2018
is it the third mainland in Maiduguri?

4 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by sincerlyyo(m): 6:29am On Aug 23, 2018
But i don't hear them closing other bridges , are those maintenance free ?

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by olawale8482: 6:29am On Aug 23, 2018
ok
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by memeguy: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2018
chikids:
This their maintenance is becoming out of hand. Why not do the maintenance once and for all. Politicians and their tricks of stealing money

Is that how they do maintenance in your village? Do you service your car only once?

13 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by id4sho(m): 6:30am On Aug 23, 2018
Coldfaya:
is it the third mainland in Maiduguri?
dis one don brain dead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Mowoe(m): 6:31am On Aug 23, 2018
This one they've closed third mainland bridge, I have a meeting at Ikeja on Saturday.. Lemme go have my bath and be on my way!

7 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by drdre05: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2018
Kokan aye.... who d bridge help?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by neweraomo: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2018
Chai we don't suffer for hold up ooooo,I'm going back to my village until dem open ham back ,I can't stand the hold up in rerouting

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Dam5reey(m): 6:34am On Aug 23, 2018
Noted
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by kingarizona1(m): 6:36am On Aug 23, 2018
EwuOjota:

I thought you spent your who life in Belgian and were living in Belgian. You're a Bulgerian na. Ojota Goat. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by captainamiedi1: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2018
EwuOjota:

Are u serious or just joking??
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by jayson87: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2018
Nigeria knew they had to do their integrity checks after the Genoa Bridge Disaster. What a useless country! that compromises the safety of her citizens.
The so called minister of works and Lagos state government selfishly suspended the Integrity checks because of a flimsy reason of trailers parked on the alternative route to the island.

Before you quote me charter a boat and go under the 3rd mainland bridge to see for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by bentwood85(m): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by chukslawrence(m): 6:46am On Aug 23, 2018
i pity those plying ikorodu road today
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by neonly: 6:48am On Aug 23, 2018
jayson87:
Nigeria knew they had to do their integrity checks after the Genoa Bridge Disaster. What a useless country! that compromises the safety of her citizens.
The so called minister of works and Lagos state government selfishly suspended the Integrity checks because of a flimsy reason of trailers parked on the alternative route to the island.

Before you quote me charter a boat and go under the 3rd mainland bridge to see for yourself.

Been der Dat under is scary after seeing d place u will be afraid to ply d bridge I swear

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by SAMBARRY: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Ahannn kilode na. So those people that want to commit suicide cannot dive inside the water again? Iru Rada Rada wowa leleyi bayi? tongue grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Primusinterpares(m): 6:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Oh my dear lagosians... This is gonna be another tough one for us all o... .God help and protect us deliver us from accident, hold-ups, and delay. Amen.. Lagosians brace up

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by dammieco(m): 7:19am On Aug 23, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Obierika(m): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2018
chukslawrence:

The closure will start at midnight today
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by Gerrard59(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2018
id4sho:
Why not the just concluded public holidays, useless government like suffering commuters. mtchewww

Doing so would have disrupted economic activities especially in the hospitality and entertainment industries. These sectors don't get patronage every now and then, so why "spoil" market when needed?

Lagos needs a train system whether like HK, Singapore, London or Tokyo. She needs one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by bigfat05: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Alternative route
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by ednut1(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Double tf nd time on d alternatives
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by crusufixo(m): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2018
id4sho:

God bless you my brother......well said
Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by crusufixo(m): 7:47am On Aug 23, 2018
Gerrard59:

Doing so would have disrupted economic activities especially in the hospitality and entertainment industries. These sectors don't get patronage every now and then, so why "spoil" market when needed?

Lagos needs a train system whether like HK, Singapore, London or Tokyo. She needs one!

I disagree with you.....there are alternative routes which would be very free due to the holidays

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by RealTrump: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2018
chukslawrence:

hehe, u have no idea what u saying. Those around ikorodu will take a 700 naira boat to anywhere on the island in 30 minutes or less.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge To Be Shut Temporarily On Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sund by chukslawrence(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2018
RealTrump:

hehe, u have no idea what u saying. Those around ikorodu will take a 700 naira boat to anywhere on the island in 30 minutes or less.
Lol. I get you bro. I live in Ikorodu, i do take jetty from Ebute to Ebute ero... My point is most people are still afraid of water transportation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Us Visa Appointment / Dana Air To Fly US Based Doctors On Free Medical Mission To Uyo… / Labor Day: US Embassy To Close Abuja, Lagos Offices On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.