Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,787 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp (1173 Views)

NDLEA Impounds Bullion Vans Loaded With Indian Hemp In Ogun / Student Nabbed For Giving Colleague Cake Laced With Indian Hemp / Man Arrested At Lagos Airport With Indian Hemp Stuffed In Gala (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by AloyEmeka5: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Three arrested with 106 bags of Marijuana[/size]
BY PATIENCE OGBO
June 25, 2010 05:20AM

Three persons are in the police custody for allegedly dealing in cannabis popularly known as Indian hemp.

The suspects, Shalewa Omoshalako 65, Abdulrasheed Olagunju 45, and Ibrahim Solomon 49 were arrested on June 12th during a raid at Akala, a neighbourhood at Mushin that is widely acclaimed as a haven for drug peddlers and smokers. One hundred and six 50kg bags of Indian hemp, valued at N100million were allegedly recovered from the suspects during the raid.

Police spokesperson, Frank Mba, while parading the suspects at the State Command on Thursday, said the police is determined to cleanse Mushin and its environs of illicit drugs and other crimes.

"This operation was carried out by a team of operatives from the Special Anti-robbery Squad (SARS) at Ikeja," he said. "It is part of the Command's resolve to mop the area of illicit drugs and other violent crimes in Lagos state. We all know the nexus between illicit drugs and arm trafficking, and if we are able to disconnect the drug peddlers from drugs then were can reduce the problem of arm dealing and trafficking in our society; this will help us to rehabilitate the drug peddlers and halt violent crimes in our society."

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=cYjHR6qNgrSHVGkA9XhUly6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxS6nrumqyHkUUi9WKi2KQDNnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
The three suspects denied that they had anything to do with the stash of indian Hemp caught with them PHOTO BY PATINECE OGBO

The denials

The suspects however denied the allegation, saying they randomly were picked up by the police during the raid. "I do not know anything about this drug," said Mr Solomon. "That day during the raid, I was at Akala Street, I am a smoker and I smoke cocaine and other hard drugs so that was what I was doing at Akala when the police arrested me. I am an estate agent and have been smoking hard drug since I was 28 years old. That time I was abroad living in Italy and I have four children from a white woman. Since I came to Nigeria, I have been living on the inheritance money from the two storey building my father gave me. I usually spend more than 90% of the rent I collect on hard drug. Anytime I want to take hard drugs, I go to Akala because Akala is the den of hard drugs in Lagos. I stopped taking Indian hemp since fifteen years ago. I smoke cocaine and even much harder drugs than cocaine. Cocaine is bad and nobody should smoke it, because I am regretting smoking hard drugs now."

The police said the recovered bags of Indian hemp were found in Mrs. Omoshalako's house at number 21, Akinfowoshe Street at Mushin. She however said her tenants own the bags of hemps "I don't know anything about the bags of hemp," she said. "It is true that they found the bags of hemp in my house, but it is my tenants that own them and they have ran away. I even told them to get rid of the Indian hemp but they refused. I am a petty trader and I say laundry soap at Oshodi, I go out in the morning and out back late at night. I do not sell or smoke hemp and I do not know anything about these bags of Indian hemp."

Mr. Mba said the case will be transferred to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, for further investigation and prosecution.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5585142-146/story.csp
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Sissy3(f): 2:18am On Jun 26, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

dang!
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by HellRaiser: 4:24am On Jun 26, 2010
They wan use the Cannabis, Chronic, Mary Jane for medicinal purposes. Abeg.
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Viaguru: 6:14pm On Jun 26, 2010
Wasted good stuufs, I wish I could lay my hands on just on bag!
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by redsun(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2010
Pure organic herbs,unlike the adulterated sh-it they sell in the west.

Legalize marijuana.
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by redsun(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2010
How true is it that nigerian farmers use weed killers to clears weeds(not herbs) on massive scales instead of the usual manual labour?If it is true,it will have great damaging consequences on the soil nutrients and it should be discouraged
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by flasha(m): 9:26am On Jun 30, 2010
;d
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by AloyEmeka5: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=cYjHR6qNgrSHVGkA9XhUly6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxS6nrumqyHkUUi9WKi2KQDNnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

Ever ask yourself why this people control so much money yet they look like dried fish?. Look at he man standing on the left and tell me how fresh he looks even with the access to millions. Goes to show that evil money is bad.
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 01, 2010
I hope they were planning on sharing
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Sissy3(f): 4:37am On Jul 01, 2010
@ Emeka

are you even sure hes is getting the main handle of the real money? maybe hes probably working the big "dudes". the other man looked fresh to you because he had his shirt-on. i mean from the look of his legs, you will know hes just as dry as the other man
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 01, 2010
~Sissy~:

are you even sure hes is getting the main handle of the real money? maybe hes probably working the big "dudes"
I dont beleive it. Look at the dump they live in, look at the clothes on their back, look at them. . . .

How did they think they were going to get away with all that?
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Sissy3(f): 4:43am On Jul 01, 2010
FL Gators:

I dont beleive it. Look at the dump they live in, look at the clothes on their back, look at them. . . .

How did they think they were going to get away with all that?

its still a possibility given the huge amount they were caught in and the amount its estimated to worth

its probably not their first time, just that thiis time they were caught
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Nobody: 4:46am On Jul 01, 2010
Prolly. . . .

Anywaz, I blame it on poverty. The woman looks innocent to me. Prolly just wants to feed her family. Eyah, Naija women, we'll survive. embarassed
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Osama10(m): 4:52am On Jul 01, 2010
They arrested them because they refused the money the officers wanted for bribe.
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by ikamefa(f): 4:53am On Jul 01, 2010
na today!

even before Methuselah era anifowoseh street and the whole of akala area has always been a den of robbers, hard drugs, prostitution and all that ish

so the 9ja police and other relevant authorities  are just waking up to that fact? undecided

those scranny looking front men up there are just scape goats

the big kahunas/real owner of those bags will never face the authorities

once those ones up there are off to jail

its back to bixnix as usual .

yeye!
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 01, 2010
Osama10:

They arrested them because they refused the money the officers wanted for bribe.
grin
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by Osama10(m): 5:11am On Jul 01, 2010
Its just the kind of country we live in, when money fails to change hands someone is arrested.
Re: Arrested With A Truckload Of Indian Hemp by flasha(m): 6:38am On Jul 15, 2010
Young Aborted Kid Found Beside A Dust Bin At Blue Lodge, Uli

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Remanded In Prison For Acting As Fake Oba / Gtbank In Trouble As Court Ordered To Pay Customer’s Stolen 5 Billion / Edo State- Season Of Rape And Child Defilement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.