Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy (7393 Views)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by tayoast(m): 11:54pm On Jun 25, 2010

Russia-based striker Osaze Odemwingie has questioned the leadership of Super Eagles skipper Nwankwo Kanu, alleging that the Portsmouth ace has failed to stand up for the national team.

A top source informed MTNFootball.com that Odemwingie accused Kanu of not protecting the interests of the players and would rather prefer to stay in the good books of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

“Osaze is not happy with how Kanu has led the Eagles, he said Kanu is not ready to rock the boat so as to remain in the good books of the officials,” [/b]a source told MTNFootball.com

The outspoken Locomotiv Moscow star also confronted Kanu’s vice captain Joseph Yobo for hiding an injury to play in the final Group B match against South Korea in Durban.

Yobo was forced by injury to quit midway through the crucial match for left back Elderson Echiejile to come in as Rabiu Afolabi moved to his more familiar role in the heart of the back four.

[b]Odemwingie was involved in a dressing-room shouting match after Nigeria lost 2-1 to Greece in Bloemfontein.

A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) disclosed that Odemwingie has been a “bad influence” on the team and was dropped by Lars Lagerback because they did not play to the tactical instructions of the Swedish coach.

The striker, who was first capped by Nigeria in 2002, failed to post a great World Cup debut even with his family cheering him on from the stands in South Africa.

He was dropped for Hoffenheim forward Chinedu Obasi in Nigeria’s opening Group B match against Argentina, coming on only as a second-half sub, before he started against Greece.

He was frozen out against the Taeguek Warriors of South Korea in the final game.

MTN Football
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by oyinda3(f): 12:00am On Jun 26, 2010

Odemwingie was involved in a dressing-room shouting match after Nigeria lost 2-1 to Greece in Bloemfontein.

shouting match with who? who else was involved.
The article obviously is putting him in a bad light. but i like that he's speaking out instead of keeping quiet.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Acidosis(m): 2:45am On Jun 26, 2010
These people are really confused
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Ibime(m): 3:00am On Jun 26, 2010
Kanu is the king of corruption in SE.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by DrKitaun(m): 3:32am On Jun 26, 2010
^Ibime

S T F U ! Who gives a f.ck what Osaze says ?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by chamotex(m): 3:33am On Jun 26, 2010
Ibime:

Kanu is the king of corruption in SE.

explain
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by montelik(m): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2010
Why won't Kanu want to tow the line. Do you think he wants to end up like Oliseh shocked. Abeg make Osaze free Papillo. If he isn't careful himself, he will soon taste the koboko they used for Oliseh. wink
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by TeeJay6(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2010
montelik:

Why won't Kanu want to tow the line. Do you think he wants to end up like Oliseh shocked. Abeg make Osaze free Papillo. If he isn't careful himself, he will soon taste the koboko they used for Oliseh. wink
then he is not worthy of leading the team, the players look up to him and if after 16 years with the SE kanu cannot stand up and speak his mind then he is useless, the same can be said of okocha who kept quiet when oliseh and finidi were both sacked for fighting the players corner. I hate it when captains put personal interest ahead of their responsibilities,

to be honest kanu should not have been picked for that squad, and am sure he kept quiet because he knew he wasnt worthy of a place in the squad

1 Like

Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by SeanLewis(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2010
That guy complaíns too much!! angry
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Ibomade1: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2010
Too late to cry when the head is off. Better luck next time
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by bxcode(m): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
Why are they trading blames now, they should all be ashamed of themselves, useless dudes angry angry
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2010
Ibo-made:

Too late to cry when the head is off. Better luck next time

grin grin grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by ROCKJ1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2010
a drowning man tries to grab a straw to keep afloat, Osaze no noise please, your outing with the super eagles was unimpressive.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by deji07: 12:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osaze ! Funny , what bothers me alot about this young cat coming to limelight this dayz is that the moment they are on top maybe ONE award you start to Blast the Old folks . If i can remember vividly when osaze played against argentina if am rite , he blasted Obafemi Martins , to me he lacks discpline ! if he thinks he is gud enough .why cant he step up to the task. Kanu played well againt south korea there is nuthing kanu want to prove anymore . What the problem is just lack of organisation . Period and also that lil man shld keep quiet and move on to the next page.
Mehn , where is westaholf ?
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by fashtech(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2010
i am really ashamed of this squad. i think all of the coaching crews, the players and the host should be disband off. bringing in new set of players that will bring back the glory days of our national football
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by MUZBO(m): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
I support Osaze and I like Kanu. Let he who has a mouth speak, including Kanu.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Kalamaya: 1:16pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osazee is right about this.Kanu failed to understand that lagerback is not a nigerian.Osazee still remain one of the super eagles most committed player.more revelations will definitely come along as what really happened in the mondial.Kanu should have leave when the ovation where still loud.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by andyprez(m): 1:33pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osaze is jusk yaking & trying to shift blame. The truth is that they all messed-up except Eyeama. If he's so angry with the players, the coach & the administration, then he should resign & spare us these empty words.
P.S. Still like him though
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osaze is a good player, they frustrated him, lol he brought the anger of russian out.

that's our C Ronaldo they abandoned. A star was dumped. that's pain. The Team crashed out.

Ppl keep ranting. What's the problem. They are the one. NFF grin
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Bomi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2010
It is phrase in regeneration of National Team!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by base10: 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2010
how does bad leadership affects his (osaze) play. as far as i am concern, OZ is the biggest flop among this class of eagles because he was suppose to be our playmaker and superstar prior to this worldcup. he played nothing in the minutes he was on the pitch so he should just shut up.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by alphabet43(m): 2:10pm On Jun 26, 2010
Nigerians, there is nothing wrong if Osaze speaks his mind. We are too used to suffering in silence and now chastising act of free speech. We should learn from Osaze and speak our minds always and question leadership
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Rastamann: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2010
Why is he complaining now? Was he not one of those who said before the start of the world cup that Larger-beer was the best thing o happen the SE. This guy used to be a good footballer but recently he has been selfish in most of his plays. Why complain now? Pregnancy before abortion!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Stynxz: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2010
NFF wants us to blame players, coach and technical advisers and we are falling for it. Hw prepared was Nigeria in the first place? The handwriting on the wall was very clear. If they are smart, they should accept the failure and use the next 1 year to scout for the best raw talents round the country. 2nd year to groom and make them a team. 3rd year to expose them with international friendlies. 4th year to prepare to WIN(not participate) for the next world cup.

Please stop all the complains, accept failure, learn from it and move forward by planning better this time for success. EOD!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by yemmight(m): 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2010
Now i believe this guy talk 2 much. In super eagle matches he features what was his contribution? Infact the guy dissappointed me more than anybody coz i have built lots of hope around him.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by FARAMADE(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2010
Stynxz:

NFF wants us to blame players, coach and technical advisers and we are falling for it. Hw prepared was Nigeria in the first place? The handwriting on the wall was very clear. If they are smart, they should accept the failure and use the next 1 year to scout for the best raw talents round the country. 2nd year to groom and make them a team. 3rd year to expose them with international friendlies. 4th year to prepare to WIN(not participate) for the next world cup.

Please stop all the complains, accept failure, learn from it and move forward by planning better this time for success. EOD!

MY POINT EXACTLY!
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by franklyn: 3:05pm On Jun 26, 2010

True talk.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by harmeenut: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2010
Since Osaze didn't tell up the "interests", we cant definitely fault Kanu. Kanu himself wasn't used until the last match & he was susbstituted. At least Osaze had his chances in the first 2 matches and he failed to lift up to expectations. May be he was expecting Kanu to speak against the coach's decision not to start him and if that is the case, who is Kanu to challenge the authority of the coach. The same Osaze was the one that said Eagles under Amodu lacks lacked Techinical input from the Bench; the same Osaze first hailed the hiring of Lagerback, he's now saying NFF shouldn't have sacked Amodu simply because he didnt enjoy starter's shirt under the new coach. Osaze is a good & committed player no doubt but he's allowing all the adorations (including ladies wanting to have him cheesy wink) to get into his head. He feels because he's been voted the best Naija player going into the world cup, he should command automatic shirt. He should keep his cool and try to achieve half of what Kanu has achieved before criticizing him. This attitude of I'm d best has been there even under Amodu but we just overlooked it becos of his contribution; even when Amodu signified interest to substitute him then, he still felt like "me". there was one during the match against Kenya (not too sure now) that he wanted to play either corner kick or free kick & still wanted to go ahead even after being told he's been substituted and  the referee had to beckoned to him.

Kanu may have his parts of the blame but all of them - players, coaches, and largely NFF are responsible for the failure at SA 2010
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by femmy2010(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osaze has been the only person close to the standard expected of a Super Eagle player.
How can one explain a coach benching a fit best player of a team for a Fatkubu.
Its bad.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Absu(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2010
harmeenut:

Since Osaze didn't tell up the "interests", we cant definitely fault Kanu. Kanu himself wasn't used until the last match & he was susbstituted. At least Osaze had his chances in the first 2 matches and he failed to lift up to expectations. May be he was expecting Kanu to speak against the coach's decision not to start him and if that is the case, who is Kanu to challenge the authority of the coach. The same Osaze was the one that said Eagles under Amodu lacks lacked Techinical input from the Bench; the same Osaze first hailed the hiring of Lagerback, he's now saying NFF shouldn't have sacked Amodu simply because he didnt enjoy starter's shirt under the new coach. Osaze is a good & committed player no doubt but he's allowing all the adorations (including ladies wanting to have him cheesy wink) to get into his head. He feels because he's been voted the best Naija player going into the world cup, he should command automatic shirt. He should keep his cool and try to achieve half of what Kanu has achieved before criticizing him. This attitude of I'm d best has been there even under Amodu but we just overlooked it becos of his contribution; even when Amodu signified interest to substitute him then, he still felt like "me". there was one during the match against Kenya (not too sure now) that he wanted to play either corner kick or free kick & still wanted to go ahead even after being told he's been substituted and  the referee had to beckoned to him.

Kanu may have his parts of the blame but all of them - players, coaches, and largely NFF are responsible for the failure at SA 2010
well said.me tink d guy is feling fulstrated alraedy.
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by Iceugwa(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2010
Osazee pls respect your elder. Its a norm in this part of the world
Re: Osaze Odemwingie Blasts Kanu Captaincy by unit1: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2010
leave Osaze let him complain. he is right about wat he's sayin if the coach realy want to win the mach wouldn't have bench Osaze and Martins agaist Argentina. if he is to be the playmaker, why must he be benched. if Larger-Beer 1nt 2 win the mach he would mind the Querel between him and Osaze. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Last, Kanu Quits Eagles. / I Think Obafemi Martins Is A Camerounian! / Paul Pogba Look Alike Sighted In Sabo,abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.