Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,906 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Help With Car Shipment From California - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help With Car Shipment From California (5076 Views)

Car Shipment From Medicine Hat,alberta Province Of Canada? / Car Shipment From Uk To Nigeria / Cost Of Car Shipment To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Car Shipment From California by krama(m): 1:30am On Jun 26, 2010
I need information on good companies shipping cars from California to Nigeria.
Advance thanks please.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by femmy2010(m): 7:24am On Jun 26, 2010
Talk to fhemmmy on NL he would put you through.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by promise72(m): 7:55am On Jun 26, 2010
krama:

Advance thanks please.

where is the car located in cali? send me email. lets see what options u have. im at: promise72[at]yahoo.com
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by kusehin(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2010
CAn you send me mails about the particulars of the cars @ kusehinpeju@yahoo.com?
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by krama(m): 12:10am On Jun 27, 2010
Thanks for your responses, but i was rather expecting to see referrals on names and contact details of shipping companies, rather than email addresses for private communication. The car is in Moreno Valley, which is about an hour from Los Angeles port, where i’ll be shipping from. Thanks
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by promise72(m): 2:45am On Jun 27, 2010
krama:

Thanks for your responses, but i was rather expecting to see referrals on names and contact details of shipping companies, rather than email addresses for private communication. The car is in Moreno Valley, which is about an hour from Los Angeles port, where i’ll be shipping from. Thanks 

Let me take some time to explain things to you. There is only one option in shipping vehicles out of california. That is by container. It costs about $6000 to ship a container here from California. A container will contain 4 cars of standard size (like Camry/Maxima/Passat/Avalon). If a jeep/SUV will be included, it will be 3 cars. If you are shipping only one car, it will require you to share a container with other people cos it will be too costly for one car.  That is called consolidation.

Shipping companies here don't get too much involved in consolidating of containers. These are left to brokers who will collect cars (for a fee of course) from different people and ship in one container when it is 3 or 4. Typical broker will charge anywhere from $300-$500 per vehicle. Cost of shipping will be divided evenly depending on the amount of vehicles loaded in the container.

Calling a shipping company will not necessarily be helpful. They will only load and ship the container after the vehicles are delivered to them.

Another choice is to ship your car from out of California. The car will be trucked out of California and delivered to the port. From there it will be in Nigeria. My Quote for doing that will be:

Trucking to port:                $700
Towing to Trucking Yard:   $100
Shipping to Nigeria:           $1300
My service charge:             $100

Please note that the price above is for vehicle not bigger than Pathfinder/4Runner. Larger size vehicles (Armada/Sequoia) will be slightly higher.

Either way, you will still need the service of a broker. Unless of course you are getting a whole container.

I am about 35mins away from Moreno Valley (was briefly my stomping ground long time ago  wink )

I am not at home presently, if you are still looking for shipping companies contacts in California, let me know. i will provide it for you. At least you have an idea of what will need to be done.

Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by krama(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2010
Promise72 thanks for taking out time run the above explanation.
Let me consider the options and revert to you.
Many thanks please.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by Chiaka(f): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2012
Please if you can Help provide me some shipping agents in California or down town los Angeles,
I have some ladies fashion accessories to ship down and I have been looking for some Nigerian based shippers
in California or down town los Angeles. I look forward to some genuine response.Thanks
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by blaxx: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2014
I want to ship in a 2000 Honda Accord from campbell, C.A down to Nigeria. Experienced shippers, please explain the procedures for me. Tis the first time I'm trying such.

Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by USAutoBuy(m): 2:01am On Jul 03, 2014
whats ur zip?
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by blaxx: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
US-AutoBuy:
whats ur zip?
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by USAutoBuy(m): 4:27am On Jul 04, 2014
blaxx: 95008

You have only 2 options:

. You can truck from your place to Texas (around $800) or to Florida (around $1000) and then ship out to Nigeria from there. That will be an additional $1000 or so.

Or you can find a shipping agent who can arrange for container sharing around your area and send out like that. That will be much cheaper. There are enough Nigerian community in Northern California that you can ask around for a reliable agent.

Small cars like this are best bought around Texas or Florida to shave the trucking cost otherwise cost overrun might wipe out any potential profit unless you intend using yourself or you got the car cheap enough to justify it.

I am have only consolidated from Los Angeles area (few times ) and not from Northern Cali

Good luck out there.

1 Like

Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by blaxx: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
US-AutoBuy:

You have only 2 options:

. You can truck from your place to Texas (around $800) or to Florida (around $1000) and then ship out to Nigeria from there. That will be an additional $1000 or so.

Or you can find a shipping agent who can arrange for container sharing around your area and send out like that. That will be much cheaper. There are enough Nigerian community in Northern California that you can ask around for a reliable agent.

Small cars like this are best bought around Texas or Florida to shave the trucking cost otherwise cost overrun might wipe out any potential profit unless you intend using yourself or you got the car cheap enough to justify it.

I am have only consolidated from Los Angeles area (few times ) and not from Northern Cali

Good luck out there.
thank you.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by USAutoBuy(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
We can help

+1-904-881-5585
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by Rustynail: 8:48pm On Nov 19, 2019
krama:
Advance thanks please.

Try A1Auto Transport https://www.a1autotransport.com/california-ca/- they ship worldwide and are based out of California (at least I think they are - definitely US either way). My cousin has shipped with them several times and I know they do offer international transport services so they could ship to just about any country as far as I know. He said they were cheaper than most too, but don't expect it to be too cheap. It is expensive to ship something that big that far.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by noblemind(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2019
blaxx:
I want to ship in a 2000 Honda Accord from campbell, C.A down to Nigeria. Experienced shippers, please explain the procedures for me. Tis the first time I'm trying such.

This will be a very bad idea shipping such old car out of cali... bros just junk it there .it's not worth it at all.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by davdlucas97: 11:40pm On Feb 27, 2020
I suggest you try https://transportdoneright.com/, because my experience with them is really good. And they provide very affordable car transport or shipping service nationwide.
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by Lucky4real28(m): 12:13am On Feb 28, 2020
This person just explained it all, it will cost more or less 2000$ to ship form California, except you plan to buy 3 more cars and use container which is still more expensive than east coast. If this vehicle was bought from an auction expecially IAA, I LL say quickly make up your mind otherwise you will keep paying 40$ daily even on weekends

promise72:

Let me take some time to explain things to you. There is only one option in shipping vehicles out of california. .
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by Lucky4real28(m): 12:19am On Feb 28, 2020
Roro shipping $2100+ and clearing 410,000 naira total= 1,200,000+ naira, if you think its worth it then shoot, search on Google and contact all transport Depot, they ship my cars and never disappoint
blaxx:
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by kimparker(f): 8:53am On May 09, 2020
I needed my car shipped from TN to CA within a week. I spoke to Greg at https://autotransport360.com Auto Transport 360  he had a driver to me within 2 days. He was extremely professional remained in contact with me throughout the whole process. It was so easy my car was delivered within 2 days of pick up. I would definitely use this company again to refer my family friends to use them as well!! Thank you for your awesome timely service transporting my car safely!
Re: Help With Car Shipment From California by Sevs: 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
I don't know about cars, but if you need a horse delivery from California, then you definitely need to look here. Maybe this will be useful information for someone. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOLD: Vintage Mercedes Benz For Sale £2500 only / Tokunbo 2009 Toyota Venza AWD / ABUJA: Toks 2002 Toyota Corolla automatic for SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.