Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit (15364 Views)

Nigerian Man Harasses Nigerian Lady For Wearing A Short Dress Abroad / Lady Embarrassed For Wearing Skimpy Dress On The Road / Woman Denied From Entering CBN Abuja Office For Wearing This (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Opinionated: 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2018

Suit is essential in every guy’s wardrobe. Before you start shopping, Jumia, Nigeria’s No. 1 shopping destination, shares some tips for wearing the right and perfect men’s suit.

Double-button for business

Those looking to pull off a more professional look or those who want to show more professionalism at work are advised to opt for a double-button suit, preferably with notched lapels to maximize the formality of the suit.

Vests can add a touch of class

Wearing a vest has the power to transform what is essentially a fairly normal suit into something a bit special. It’s also a great way to stay warm and, works in both formal and casual settings.

Pocket squares should never match the tie

One of the key rules of suit wearing is to avoid choosing the same colour pocket square as your tie. Instead, your tie and pocket square should both be distinctive yet still complimenting each other for the optimum look.

Accessorise with modesty

Suit accessories such as cufflinks, tie bars and even wrist watches undoubtedly add something unique to your look. However, going too overboard can leave you looking like you are trying too hard to impress.

Match your belt with your shoes

Another simple, yet often unheeded rule of suits is that your belt should be the same colour as your shoes. A thin leather belt will always look smart and befitting no matter what kind of suit you have on.

Source: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by opera1(m): 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2018
Noted!

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by stevearagorn(m): 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2018
Seeing
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by B3sty(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
OK, but on a more serious note, I don't like wearing Suit, that's just me. I love it been Simple and Classy.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by soberdrunk(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2018
I don't know why the fashion industry likes to discriminate against we pot-bellied men, why don't they ever use use pot-bellied models to market suits, i am a pot-bellied brother and meeeennnhhhh when i step out in that 3-piece i be looking like an African /Italian Mob boss....... cool cool

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Ijaya123: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
There is nothing new in men’s suit design again, just like jeans.

What we have is a recycling of design features like number of buttons, position of slits, size of lapels lapel and all.

14 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by kenslimz(m): 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
true
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by crunchyg: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2018
5 sure ways Buhari to win the 2019 election would have been a nice topic
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Beehshorp(m): 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2018
Us wey dey wear coat nko, we no go get rules
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Sirpaul(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
just like me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Ozone2015(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Bestchisom(m): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Pebcak: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2018
grin

16 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by strangest(m): 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
I totally disagree with the tie and pocket square having different colours... it doesnt look good just like the picture you posted... now examine this one that i posted and reconfirm why it is essential for both to have the same colour

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by HajimeSaito(m): 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Dress well, but don't try to overdo it. If you keep it simple it works out well. If you try to overdo anything, you may not get away with it.....

[img]https://i./3NnWC.gif[/img]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by flex04(m): 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
some will just wear the thing like rain coat grin

Trendy Suits for Men About To Make A Bold Move

4 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by enemyofprogress: 3:10pm On Aug 23, 2018
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by holluwai(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2018
Wen I buy suit cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by dominique(f): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
Tie and pocket square are not supposed to match? I'm hearing that forthe first time

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by IKON360(m): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2018
but I bought bow tie with matching pocket filler/square... Should I throw it away? Since you said pocket square shouldn't match the tie

4 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Jaytecq(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2018
Guess the next topic to hit front page...

12 Sure Rules For Wearing bathroom slippers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Tracypacy(f): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
She invited me into the room and she shut the door. I looked at her and she looked at me. We both know what was about to happen. I pulled down my trousers halfway. No need to take it all off. This is going to be quick. Then she...erm...gave me the injection. Oh the pain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by YorubaAssasin: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2018
How many NL guys sabi afford suit sef? undecided

OP... Abeg, waka far joor! angry

Our bend-down select, okirika shirt and trousers dey alright! grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by speak2me2016: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2018
If the pocket square and the tie shouldn't match, then sellers should not sale same colors in one case for us.
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by Offpoint: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2018
God knows I hate suits, in fact I hate corporate dressing. hate anything that draw attention to me.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by yaksman22(m): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Opinionated:

Suit is essential in every guy’s wardrobe. Before you start shopping, Jumia, Nigeria’s No. 1 shopping destination, shares some tips for wearing the right and perfect men’s suit.

Double-button for business

Those looking to pull off a more professional look or those who want to show more professionalism at work are advised to opt for a double-button suit, preferably with notched lapels to maximize the formality of the suit.

Vests can add a touch of class

Wearing a vest has the power to transform what is essentially a fairly normal suit into something a bit special. It’s also a great way to stay warm and, works in both formal and casual settings.

Pocket squares should never match the tie

One of the key rules of suit wearing is to avoid choosing the same colour pocket square as your tie. Instead, your tie and pocket square should both be distinctive yet still complimenting each other for the optimum look.

Accessorise with modesty

Suit accessories such as cufflinks, tie bars and even wrist watches undoubtedly add something unique to your look. However, going too overboard can leave you looking like you are trying too hard to impress.

Match your belt with your shoes

Another simple, yet often unheeded rule of suits is that your belt should be the same colour as your shoes. A thin leather belt will always look smart and befitting no matter what kind of suit you have on.

Source: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit

ok.....
Re: 5 Sure Rules For Wearing Men’s Suit by czarina(f): 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
HajimeSaito:
Dress well, but don't try to overdo it. If you keep it simple it works out well. If you try to overdo anything, you may not get away with it.....

[img]https://i./3NnWC.gif[/img]
where's that gif from? If you don't mind

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Water Based Moisturizers For My Oily Skin That I Can Afford / How Will You React When You See Someone Wearing The Same Clothes As Yours? / Olofa Palace Is D Most Beautiful Palace In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.