Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing (1178 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by TMemos: 7:48am On Jun 26, 2010
Saturday Tribune, June 26, 2010

Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing

| Print | E-mail

Saturday, 26 June 2010

A Nigerian couple did the unthinkable in far-away Cyprus: They locked their four-month-old baby inside their car at 3:00a.m and went to enjoy themselves in a nightclub.

According to reports, around 3:00 a.m., a concerned citizen noticed the infant sleeping in a child seat in the back of the car in Engomi and notified the Ayios Dhometios police in Cyprus.

Officers rushed to the scene and located the car at around 3.20 a.m., ascertaining it was locked. Officers proceeded to search for the owner and after 10 minutes, a 21-year-old Nigerian man appeared and identified himself as the owner of the car and father of the child.

According to a police spokesman in the country, Michalis Katsounots, 10 minutes later, the 26-year-old mother of the infant was found in a night club near where the car was parked. “Both the father and mother were found to be showing signs of intoxication,” said Katsounotos.

The parents were arrested and taken with the baby to the Nicosia CID for exposing the child to danger and were questioned and charged in writing before being released. A Welfare Services officer was also involved in the case and arrived at CID to undertake issues related to the infant.

According to Katsounotos, the baby was alone in the car for at least 45 minutes.

“The issue that should be troubling everyone is to what extent the parents themselves underestimate the life of their own children,” said Katsounotos, adding that “the concerned citizen who found the baby and notified the police deserves congratulations. If the baby had not been found then the consequences would likely have been tragic.”
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by Acidosis(m): 8:40am On Jun 26, 2010
That's the satanic catalyst that humiliate the true meaning of 9ja. Most of us have this savage custom, barbaric and unspeakable actions, which often give the foreigners the bad aspect about us. This ignoble custom has progressively altered the good orientation of many countries about us.
Imagine a married couple drinking helplessly around the streets of Cyprus. Have they no shame? Oh I shake my head in bafflement 'cos this is an ignoble custom, infamous, ignominious shaming our norms before the whole world.
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by Dolemite(f): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2010
Shame on those neglectful parents!! angry

Acidosis:

That's the satanic catalyst that humiliate the true meaning of 9ja. Most of us have this savage custom, barbaric and unspeakable actions, which often give the foreigners the bad aspect about us. This ignoble custom has progressively altered the good orientation of many countries about us.
Imagine a married couple drinking helplessly around the streets of Cyprus. Have they no shame? Oh I shake my head in bafflement 'cos this is an ignoble custom, infamous, ignominious shaming our norms before the whole world.
What the fork is your problem? don't generalize because a few Nigerians mess up abroad, savage and barbaric customs my black arse, the report did say the man was 21 year olds, everyone know at that age we're entitled to a few life changing fork ups race, creed or where you come from has nothing to do with it, check social darwinism. . .I wonder what you would have said if the couple were white, I once read a story of a caucasian woman whose children were consuming dog feaces because she neglected them, shame on HER as a woman, i'm not going to conclude that just because she's white all white women are neglectful betches. . . it's pathetic how we Nigerians are quick to run ourselves down, if you can't defend your country leave her alone!!
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by Acidosis(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2010
Dolemite:

Shame on those neglectful parents!! angry
What the fork is your problem? don't generalize because a few Nigerians mess up abroad, savage and barbaric customs my black arse, the report did say the man was 21 year olds, everyone know at that age we're entitled to a few life changing fork ups race, creed or where you come from has nothing to do with it, check social darwinism. . .I wonder what you would have said if the couple were white, I once read a story of a caucasian woman whose children were consuming dog feaces because she neglected them, shame on HER as a woman, i'm not going to conclude that just because she's white all white women are neglectful betches. . . it's pathetic how we Nigerians are quick to run ourselves down, if you can't defend your country leave her alone!!
Listen to me carefully Mr. We don't have problem with the country. The problem lies in the hands of these ingrates you asked me to defend. You're telling me to defend the Ingenuous poachers that poach our values & treasury, the senators on rehearsal tour of karate & judo, the drunkards on the street of Cyprus. Sir, with all due respect, I'll advice you shut your mouth!
Isn't it obvious that we travel down to their(white) home to serve them, and what happens when they come here(9ja)? They still rule us!
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by dominique(f): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2010
i've heard a very similar case of a woman who locked her baby in a car and went partying all night just because she couldn't find a babysitter. if not that the woman was American and the child suffocated, i would have said it's the same story. child neglect has nationality some people should never have kids sad.
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by LadyDee1(f): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
They are not mentally stable, such people should be sterilised to ensure no child they bear will ever experience such negligence!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by mamagee3(f): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
Like we haven't seen enough of this nonsense here in the U.S. already. . .

Here comes another epic fail from Nigerians!
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by mutter(f): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2010
I hope this isn`t a case of the man pimping his wife. I have heard that it sometimes happens in Europe.
Re: Nigerian Parents Lock 4-month-old Inside Car, Go Nightclubbing by LadyDee1(f): 8:41pm On Jul 01, 2010
mutter:

I hope this isn`t a case of the man pimping his wife. I have heard that it sometimes happens in Europe.

Its very possible, since it was in cyprus whpo knows undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations To Ingram And Laura Osigwe / Confusion Situation Between Hus/wife / Unbelievable – This 2year-old Girl Was Sold By Her Aunt For 100,000naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.