Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj (11750 Views)

Social Distancing During Hajj Pilgrimage. Number Reduced From 2 Million To 1,000 / Unidentified Woman Dies During Hajj Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia. Photo / Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by DaBillionnaire: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
Praise be to Allaah.

Stoning the Jamaraat is one of the obligatory rituals of Hajj and is prescribed for everyone who intends to do this great pilgrimage. This ritual is mentioned clearly in the Sunnah and its authenticity is agreed upon by the scholars.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) seated al-Fadl behind him on his mount, and al-Fadl said that he did not stop reciting the Talbiyah until he stoned the Jamrah.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1685) and Muslim (1282).

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he came to the largest Jamrah and put the House on his left and Mina on his right and stoned it with seven (pebbles), and he said: This is how the one to whom Soorat al-Baqarah was revealed (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) stoned it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1748) and Muslim (1296)

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he would stone al-Jamrah al-Dunya (the Jamrah near the Khayf mosque) with seven pebbles, saying takbeer after every throw. Then he would go ahead until he reached the level ground where he would stand facing the qiblah, and he stood for a long time, offering du’aa’ and raising his hands. Then he would stone the middle pillar, then he would move to the left towards the middle ground, where he would stand facing the qiblah. He would remain there for a long time offering du’aa’ and raising his hands. Then he would stone Jamarat al-‘Aqabah from the middle of the valley, but he did not stand beside it. Then he would leave and say: This is how I saw the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) doing it.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (1751).

Abu Haamid al-Ghazaali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said

As for the stoning of the Jamaraat, the purpose behind it is to follow the command and manifest submission and servitude to Allaah, and show complete obedience without rational thought or the ego having any part in it. The aim is also to imitate Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), when Iblees (may Allaah curse him) appeared to him in that place to instil confusion in his mind or tempt him to sin, and Allaah commanded him to throw stones at him so as to drive him away and dash his hopes. If you ever think that the shaytaan appeared to him and he saw him and that is why he stoned him, but as for me, the shaytaan did not appear to me, it should be noted that this thought is from the shaytaan and that he is the one who is putting it into your mind, so as to slow you down when you are throwing and you will imagine that it is an action in which there is nothing good and that it is like playing, so why should you bother with it? Expel him from your mind with a serious attitude and determination to throw the pebbles despite the shaytaan. Remember that you are outwardly throwing pebbles at al-‘Aqabah, but in fact you are throwing them in the face of the shaytaan and you are breaking his back with them, because nothing annoys him except your obeying the command of Allaah out of veneration for Him, simply because of His command, and the soul and mind have nothing to do with it. End quote.

Ihya’ ‘Uloom al-Deen, 1/270

And Allaah knows best.

source: https://islamqa.info/en/125711
cc:Sissie, mukina2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Lilcentt(f): 5:09am On Aug 24, 2018
Space book

3 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by nairavsdollars(f): 9:26am On Aug 24, 2018
Stoning the devil since 1600AD yet he never die

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by yjgm(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2018
Jazakallahu khair

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by iammo(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2018
masha Allah, as for our brothers who just can't mind their religion without interference with ours. every religion has a form of ritual rites they perform, from Jews to Buddhist. The only reason modern day Christian are not practising any form of this rite as done by the people of old testament, is because the ultimate sacrifice and ritual has been conducted for them using the death and blood of Christ. so please let's both have mutual respect

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Saheed9: 9:29am On Aug 24, 2018
Was going to say this :
The aim is also to imitate Ibraaheem (peace be upon him), when Iblees (may Allaah curse him) appeared to him in that place to instil confusion in his mind or tempt him to sin, and Allaah commanded him to throw stones at him so as to drive him away and dash his hopes. If you ever think that the shaytaan appeared to him and he saw him and that is why he stoned him, but as for me, the shaytaan did not appear to me, it should be noted that this thought is from the shaytaan and that he is the one who is putting it into your mind, so as to slow you down when you are throwing and you will imagine that it is an action in which there is nothing good and that it is like playing, so why should you bother with it? Expel him from your mind with a serious attitude and determination to throw the pebbles despite the shaytaan. Remember that you are outwardly throwing pebbles at al-‘Aqabah, but in fact you are throwing them in the face of the shaytaan and you are breaking his back with them, because nothing annoys him except your obeying the command of Allaah out of veneration for Him, simply because of His command, and the soul and mind have nothing to do with it. End quote

2 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Dannieln1: 9:30am On Aug 24, 2018
Muna bugu
Suna gudu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by lastempero: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Why Not use una popular killer machine(Ak 47) to finish the devil at once una wey dey see am with eye,that guy don to worry this world.

Moderators before the count of three una don remove that I believe in Allah from my profile, na by force. Religion intolerance kills faster than Aids!!!

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Darkpanthera: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2018
Natassiadreams

Tbsm

1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by philtex(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2018
P

1 Like

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by realmindz: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Which disease is greater than religion. Religion is a failure of sanity

4 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by OhiOfIhima: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2018
lastempero:
Why Not use una popular killer machine(Ak 47) to finish the devil at once.

Moderators before the count of three una don remove that I believe in Allah from my profile, na by force. Religion intolerance kills faster the Aids!!!

You will liberate one day...
Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by g2db2do(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks
Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Jaynom(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2018
You guys know where the Devil is why not just kill him once and for all? Is that too much to ask? Just kill him and all our problems will be solved

3 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by sarahade(f): 9:45am On Aug 24, 2018
cool cool
Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by AllahIsbullPig(f): 9:47am On Aug 24, 2018
grin
Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by EmirAbj: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2018
Allahu Akbar

1 Like

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by 0balufonlll: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2018
x

4 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by EmirAbj: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2018
nairavsdollars:

Your mumu needs serious attention

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2018
iammo:
masha Allah, as for our brothers who just can't mind their religion without interference with ours. every religion has a form of ritual rites they perform, from Jews to Buddhist. The only reason modern day Christian are not practising any form of this rite as done by the people of old testament, is because the ultimate sacrifice and ritual has been conducted for them using the death and blood of Christ. so please let's both have mutual respect
Lakum dinukum wa liya deen. Let our religion be ours, and there religion their religion be theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Proffdada: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2018
Devil cross legs,relax dey watch minus dey stone their ancestors grin
Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2018
If I were Seun Osewa, I would delete Religion section from Nairaland. Nothing divides this country more than religion and tribalism.

5 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by nellyelitz(m): 10:12am On Aug 24, 2018
iammo:
truth be told, i dove my hat for u for this singular knowledge as a muslim, but wait, are u truly a muslim?

4 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by iammo(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2018
nellyelitz:
truth be told, i dove my hat for u for this singular knowledge as a muslim, but wait, are u truly a muslim?
. I am a Muslim who understand importance of what Jesus stands for, and in fact Mary is the only woman to have a whole chapter dedicated to her in the Quran. all the pettiness between the two religion is just becuase we both don't read each others text, Infact old testament and the Quran are so similar almost all the stories are the same

5 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:40am On Aug 24, 2018
nairavsdollars:

Where this one from come sef?
You think the way you ignorantly follow you Daddy GO is that what you think we do in Islaam ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by nellyelitz(m): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2018
iammo:
. I am a Muslim who understand importance of what Jesus stands for, and in fact Mary is the only woman to have a whole chapter dedicated to her in the Quran. all the pettiness between the two religion is just becuase we both don't read each others text, Infact old testament and the Quran are so similar almost all the stories are the same
its not about understanding each other religion, but i must say ur'e the only muslim i've so far met with such knowledge abt CHRIst, this is not to insult ur brethren but from a sincere mind, haven't i lived and workd wit many.i Christianity, The advent and resurrection 1t of Christ(The New testament) diminishes almost all of the old testanent practices which were the Jewish practice. As u are now i doubt if anyone extremists ideology can radicalize u,. So pleased to meet u and hoping to meet more good guys like u. Stay safe and be blessed bro.(mn practicesu)

4 Likes

Re: Evidence For The Ritual Of Stoning The Jamaraat During Hajj by Dareal90s(m): 11:02am On Aug 24, 2018
What of those that died while stoning? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All About Jummu’ah (friday Prayer / For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.