Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? (3652 Views)

Niche Blogging Class / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" / Get A Well Designed Blog With SEO + Custom Domain For A Very Cheap Price Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2018
Before building your website or registering a domain name for your online business, a fundamental aspect of starting your blog the right way is to carefully choose a niche.

The reason for this assertion is not far-fetched because niche blogging has a lot to do with how much success you will have in the blogosphere as a new entrant.

Not to scare you, blogging requires you to be steadfast but much more than being steadfast, you need to have the right strategy that works.

Hence, mapping out the right blogging strategies will ensure that you run a profitable blog rather than expending so much energy without any remarkable ROI.

Without getting it twisted, one of the strategies you need to sort out is brainstorming on how you will drive massive traffic to your blog because that is the lifeblood of blogging.

Another strategy you need to reason out from the word ‘GO’ is how you will monetize your new blog whether through Google AdSense, Affiliate marketing, Sponsored posts, E-products or courses.

However, this post will only touch on how your decision to engage in niche blogging will affect your visibility on the search engine which is an important factor or strategy in running a successful online business.

Before getting started, let’s look at the term ‘Niche Blogging’.

WHAT IS NICHE BLOGGING?

Niche blogging is the process of choosing a blog that focuses on a specific market or business line rather than combining different markets in one blog.

Blogs that focus on a specific market are referred to as niche blogs or ‘niche websites’.

The concept of niche blogging stemmed from the traditional marketing concept of niche marketing which represents a subset of the market on which a specific product is focused.

Hence, just as in niche marketing, the major aim of niche blogging is to provide online products or contents that satisfy the different demographics of a target group like; taste, need, interests, price, and status of a small market segment.

20 EXAMPLES OF PROFITABLE NICHE BLOGS?

Perhaps you might be on the verge of starting a blog in 2018 and ruminating on which market or niche you should provide contents about, here are lists of profitable niches you can consider.

1. Technology
2. Health.
3. Fitness & Nutrition.
4. Dating & Romance.
5. Finance & Budgeting.
6. Online Marketing.
7. Pets & Livestock.
8. Sports.
9. Entertainment.
10. Interior Designs.
11. Architecture.
12. Education.
13. Language.
14. Politics.
15. Food.
16. Automobiles.
17. Religion.
18. Plants.
19. Motivational.
20. Agriculture.
21. Arts & Craft.

Mind you, it is important to state that some of these 20 blog niche ideas could also be broken down into sub-niches.

For instance, entertainment blog niche could be sub-divided into Music and Drama while education niche is equally broad even though it’s a market too.

Hence, I usually advocate aspiring bloggers to choose micro-blogging niche which represents a subset of the ‘broad niche’.

For example; for digital marketing segment, you can specialize in content creation or search engine optimization [SEO].

You can as well combine two-three micro-niches if you rightfully possess the basic knowledge to properly manage them altogether.

HOW TO CHOOSE A PROFITABLE BLOG NICHE.

In your quest to find a niche, you might be curious to know the benchmark or pointers that influence how much money you can make in niche blogging or how profitable is niche blogging?

Before reeling out my thoughts on how you can choose a profitable niche before launching your blog, I have keenly followed popular views that advocate that niche blogging isn’t profitable.

I beg to disagree with the premise on which this argument is often based as I reveal the reasons behind my disagreement.

The premise is based on the argument that if you create a niche blog, it limits your reach or blog traffic.

Frankly, as reasonable as this premise sounds, it doesn’t really play out that way in practice.

The reality is that if you’ve got the right content for your niche, you will have new visitors checking out your niche website every day without a doubt.

And as you grow your blog through content marketing, you will realize that jack of all niches, is a master of none.

Now, let us see how you can choose a profitable blog.

• Use Social Signals.
• Google Trends.
• Check for the CPC of niche related topics.
• Ask Google.

Without further ado, I will provide deeper insights on how these points can guide you towards choosing an appropriate blogging niche.

#1. SOCIAL MEDIA SIGNALS

Obviously, social media signals are veritable tools you can use in choosing a profitable niche.

To get a comprehensive metrics about how much likes, shares, comments or other engagement signals which a topic or area of interest has garnered overtime on major social media platforms like; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest (a visual search engine) and Reddit, you can use Buzzsumo content research free tool.

Just enter any niche of your choice into the space provided on the landing page and you will be able to view the total engagement signals of each webpage which has featured topics related to technology.

Observe the variations in each of the social media engagement signals for every niche you choose to analyze as shown on the Buzzsumo content analyzer page.

You will observe that some niches with a high score of social media engagements while some attract a lower score of social media engagements.

This is a pointer that shows that more people are interested in some popular niches like technology and food while others engage less with other unpopular niches like plants and architecture.

Mind you, the popularity of a niche or the level of social media engagement it attracts does not sufficiently make it profitable as you will discover subsequently.

#2. GOOGLE TRENDS.

Google trends also qualify as a free tool you can use to uncover popular and trendy niches.

This tool shows how often a query or term is being searched by internet users through the search engine.

The Google trends metrics are analyzed according to countries, regions, cities, and language.

It also shows the number of searches within a specified time-frame like; monthly or yearly basis.

The goal is for you to be able to gain insight into internet users’ interests over a period of time based on their geographical location.

For example, there are some niches that get more profitable during the yuletide, summer or winter seasons.

Others become more profitable during a global event like a major election like the US elections, sporting tournaments like the FIFA World Cup.

Hence, it is essential that you carefully choose a niche that has increased the tendency of making money most times of the year based on the trend people search or engage with them yearly.

#3. COST-PER-CLICK

For new bloggers intending to use Google AdSense, one of the important ways you can increase your Google AdSense earnings is to choose a blogging niche with high CPC.

Cost-per-clicks being the amount an advertiser agrees to pay a publisher for each valid click on a placed Advert displayed on your website.
To get CPC metrics, you can simply use Google Ad Planner tool.

Follow the following steps;

1. Sign-up using your Gmail account.
2. Provide your details.
3. Choose ‘Tools’ option.
4. Click on keyword planner from the drop-menu options.

In the image above, you will discover that topics related to online marketing attract very high CPC as shown in the prevailing CPC metrics.

You can equally see the volume of searches and competition for the keywords related to online marketing niches.

For instance, if you follow through using keywords related to football you will find out that the CPC rate is low as shown below.

This case-study further affirms the validity of what I said earlier that the popularity of a niche does not necessarily make it a profitable niche.

Comparing the volume of searches for football-related searches and online marketing, you will realize that keywords associated with a football niche have more search volume than that of online marketing.

However, it is obvious that the CPC bids for keywords related to online marketing are far higher than that of football.

Therefore, don’t just choose a blog niche based on sentiments, it is important you consider the profitability of such a niche, except if you aren’t particular about monetizing your blog.

#4. ASK GOOGLE

To further gain more information about profitable blogging niches, you can easily ask Google.

There are tons of helpful contents that offer more insights into choosing a blogging niche.

You can check out for high-earning bloggers who have profitably built niche websites.

Don’t be shy or afraid to send a message to them through their contact page if you think there’s a need for you to reach out to them in person for further guidance.

You can also take e-courses on how to start a profitable blogging niche if you can afford it.

Once you choose your blog niche, you need to strategies on how you can increase your niche blog visibility on the search engine using SEO and other blog traffic sources.

Now, let’s look at how niche blogging affects SEO.

#1. URL OR DOMAIN OPTIMIZATION.

Unless you choose to register your blog domain using your name or initials, it is advisable that you optimize your blog URL.

The reason is that domain name optimization enables the search engine to quickly understand the niche your blog focuses on.

Without a doubt, registering a site that focuses on health with a domain name like; HealthyLife (dot) com will easily resonate with search engine robots compared to same niche site that uses a generic phrase like life (dot) com.

#2. ON-PAGE OPTIMIZATION.

For your niche website to meet SEO best practices, each of the integrated pages should be related to a search term or keyword.

Hence, starting a niche site will ensure that your web pages are in sync with search phrases connected to that niche.

For example, if your niche is digital marketing, you should have web pages that get search engine robots to easily understand what each page represents.

These pages could include, SEO, PPC, Web Design, Content Creation and Social Media Ads.

You will agree with me that having optimized pages for each category under digital marketing as expressed above will easily get interpreted by the search engine as compared to a website that focuses on a generic term with different generic pages.

#3. EASE OF LINK-BUILDING.

Link-building is an on-page SEO technique which you need to improve user experience.

With niche blogging, internal linking becomes seamless and effective because each page is related to another.

According to Google’s SEO best practices, a publisher using anchor links on a page must ensure that the linked page has a contextual relation.

Therefore, a generic website without a niche could fall victim of linking unrelated pages to each other which could see a Google penalty being issued to such publisher.

Final Note.

Much more than starting a niche blog, you need to understand that running a successful blog or online business requires you to be dedicated and informed.

The blogosphere is dynamic and fast-evolving so if you are a lazy blogger, in no time you will fizzle out of the fold.

You’ve got to learn, un-learn and re-learn in the blogosphere to increase your chances of staying successful because just as the popular saying goes;

‘’Being successful is not the challenge but maintaining success is the greatest challenge.’’

Therefore, if you are a newbie or aspiring blogger you must be patient and steadfast to stand a chance of becoming successful in the blogosphere.

You can drop your comment or questions regarding this article.

Source: www.seofingers.com/niche-blogging

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by fnep2smooth(m): 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2018
Nice one ...... Blogging is a long time investment. If you are good with html and css with a good writing skill you are good to go.

Incase you are wondering "Why should I know a little of html and css" it helps you to solve your site errors and also gives you the opportunity to design your blog the way you want it

Unless you want to be spending your money on programmers to help you fix it when you can do it yourself.

Well enough said..... If you need my kind of blog (build on blogger) contact me, very affordable no hosting only domain name.

Let me help you create your dream blog (WordPress or Blogger)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 7:01am On Aug 24, 2018
The only niche blogging we know in Nigeria is entertainment.

And that's why many blogs won't survive next year because it's all for the money.

Many bloggers paste their links on every site not knowing that NOT all links are healthy for search engine ranking

Infact let me surprise you, pasting your link more than once on Nairaland is very harmful to your blog/site. Just once is already recognized by search engines because Nairaland is a dofollow backlink juice. Hence, too much of juice is bad!

SEO is deep, many Nigerian bloggers don't care to learn it, what there are after is posting links everywhere for traffic and also thinking that's link building.

I'm making an offer to any blogger that wants to increase his/her blog DA (domain authority). If you don't know what DA means, it makes search engine sees you as an authority in your niche thereby increase your ranking position.

If you want to get strong and juicy backlink from blog/site with DA 60 - DA 95, contact me it's for a token. That's my giveaway today.

Your blog or website will be getting a unique backlink from 1 DA 65 site and 4 DA 90 and above. It's a token giveaway for 10 bloggers.

How would you feel getting backlinks from CNN, BBC, HARVARD etc. No joke here! You will get screenshot after job is done. Hurry up and PM me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Aug 24, 2018
GOOD AND EDUCATIVE THREAD
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Iruobean(m): 7:02am On Aug 24, 2018
angry
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by bamasite(m): 7:09am On Aug 24, 2018
Niche blogging makes it easier to get a targeted audience
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Tjesctacy(m): 7:11am On Aug 24, 2018
Take a look at my blog, designed and managed by me.
I am opened to backlinks exchange or guest posting.

Inbox me if you are up for it.

www.herbalpharmal.com
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

And that's why many blogs won't survive next year because it's all for the money.

Many bloggers paste their links on every site not knowing that NOT all links are healthy for search engine ranking

Infact let me surprise you, pasting your link more than once on Nairaland is very harmful to your blog/site. Just once is already recognized by search engines because Nairaland is a dofollow backlink juice. Hence, too much of juice is bad!

SEO is deep, many Nigerian bloggers don't care to learn it, what there are after is posting links everywhere for traffic and also thinking that's link building.

I'm making an offer to any blogger that wants to increase his/her blog DA (domain authority). If you don't know what DA means, it makes search engine sees you as an authority in your niche thereby increase your ranking position.

If you want to get strong and juicy backlink from blog/site with DA 60 - DA 95, contact me it's for a token. That's my giveaway today.

Your blog or website will be getting a unique backlink from 1 DA 65 site and 4 DA 90 and above. It's a token giveaway for 10 bloggers.

How would you feel getting backlinks from CNN, BBC, HARVARD etc. No joke here! You will get screenshot after job is done. Hurry up and PM me.

If you are a serious publisher in whatever niche you choose, make sure your contents are informative and helpful. This makes it easily linkable! So, it's not only by pitching to build DA/PA before you can improve your site rank.

Brian Dean is an example of this assertion.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Groovenaija360(m): 7:33am On Aug 24, 2018
wow this is superb.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 7:35am On Aug 24, 2018
Groovenaija360:
wow this is superb.

Thanks so much

My pleasure bro.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 7:36am On Aug 24, 2018
Tjesctacy:
Take a look at my blog, designed and managed by me.
I am opened to backlinks exchange or guest posting.

Inbox me if you are up for it.

www.herbalpharmal.com

I've checked through your website and even though your niche is a high-paying one, you need to work more on the site navigation and appearance.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:51am On Aug 24, 2018
Niche blogging is the best

But, Nigerians don't look into this before kick starting their blogging career

'All what they desire is to make money in the first few month.'

Checkout my blog - www.brainnewsradio.com
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 7:54am On Aug 24, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

Absolutely. Many people want to earn like Linda Ikeji but they don't know it calls for huge sacrifice and patience.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by bomsilaga(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

Google will not like this as this qualifies as black hat seo
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by bomsilaga(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2018
Seofingers:

If you are a serious publisher in whatever niche you choose, make sure your contents are informative and helpful. This makes it easily linkable! So, it's not only by pitching to build DA/PA before you can improve your site rank.

Exactly. Most Nigerian blogs are just out there for adsense cash n don't want to know there are other things to blogging.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by webincomeplus(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Onyemadonald(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2018
Checkout my Niche blog on Accounting: www.trendingaccounting.com
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2018
bomsilaga:

Google will not like this as this qualifies as black hat seo
What do you know is blackhat?

Mashable giving backlinks from CNN is blackhat?

A blog getting a link from Harvard is blackhat?

I understand both blackhat and whitehat SEO in full. Speak from the position of knowledge.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by JacksonOyibo: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2018
smiley
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by JacksonOyibo: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2018
If you are that good, use your techniques to push your niche website and seo website to the 1st page of Google or else you are a fake.

SEONaijaExpert:

1 Like

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2018
Seofingers:

That's the untold secret about SEO. Most leaders have deceived you and many like you for so long about how DA works.

The truth is Google sees it a different way and for someone like Neil Patel that bullshïts a lot of previous formulas to create his own, they get ahead in the game. That's the real deal.

Content is still king I agree, but content isn't ruler anymore. If you like do keyword research, write 4k words contents and pack it with everything, nothing will happen than the usual blog views from direct traffic.

Contents had moved from content marketing to viral marketing and I'm sure you know that and I'm also sure you know that the formula ain't the same. So it's not about writing good content and waiting for shares before getting backlinks it's about being smarter.

If not people like Neil and Dean won't be looking for broken links even till now. We're here to share knowledge, I'm so experienced in this, we can only disagree to agree.

Domain authority score of your site or blog is VERY important, if not you remain a nobody to search engines and be cheated by the bigwigs.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 9:26am On Aug 24, 2018
JacksonOyibo:
If you are that good, use your techniques to push your niche website and seo website to the 1st page of Google or else you are a fake.

If you come at me like this, I've nothing to prove to you then.

You won't learn anything ever.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by JacksonOyibo: 9:33am On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

If you come at me like this, I've nothing to prove to you then.

You won't learn anything ever.

I am not trying to learn seo. You are a fake is what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2018
JacksonOyibo:

I am not trying to learn seo. You are a fake is what I am saying.
grin grin To someone that hasn't tried any of my services grin grin

Go and get something more important doing
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 24, 2018
BrainnewsNg:

So which niche u come dey blog in like this
I saw Religion Post, Herbal/Nutrition, Web Development, SEO.. And ur blog description says ur blog is a global Newspaper... Nawa o, Your blog is Nicheless sorry..
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by qanda: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2018
ok
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

I understand both blackhat and whitehat SEO in full. Speak from the position of knowledge.

Black-hat SEO is different. But paying to get links has the nature of Black Hat SEO techniques.

You just have to balance your approach to building backlinks.

In another light, you mentioned in one of your comments that neglecting to build links will deny your website from getting properly ranked by the search engine.

I beg to disagree oo, not every publisher highly ranked paid to build links.

You need to inform people right!
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by Seofingers(m): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2018
webincomeplus:

I sight you! Behind the (dot) is a man that has produced SEO results.
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by SEONaijaExpert: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2018
Seofingers:

Black-hat SEO is different. But paying to get links has the nature of Black Hat SEO techniques.

You just have to balance your approach to building backlinks.

In another light, you mentioned in one of your comments that neglecting to build links will deny your website from getting properly ranked by the search engine.

I beg to disagree oo, not every publisher highly ranked paid to build links.

You need to inform people right!
It's simple, no need to disagree. Check the DA score of those website or blogs occupying 1st - 3rd position on Google for single keywords. That would reply you.

Let's get the latter straight before I leave your thread, paying someone to generate backlinks for you is blackhat and spamming.

Paying someone to give you backlink from specific websites or blog is pure whitehat. That's the difference
Re: Does Niche Blogging Has Anything To Do With Seo? by bomsilaga(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:

You promised giving people quality back links and you say it's not black hat. You obviously don't know the rules.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adsense Click Exchange Group / What's Your Thoughts On Multi-niche Blogs? / Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.