Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage (36462 Views)

Bride Blasted For Kneeling Down To Greet Guests At Her White Wedding / White Man Falls As He Carries His Yoruba Bride During Traditional Wedding / See How Oyinbo Man & His 6 Groomsmen Prostrated For Parents Of His Yoruba' Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by pocohantas(f): 8:46am On Aug 24, 2018
fabienjoe:

African women seem to be the most confused species to walk the surface of the earth. An earlier thread was asking how much a man should be paying his wife every month and many women did not consider it a stupid question. In the western world, family responsibilities are shared proportionally to each person's income. If the woman earns more, she spends more in the home and vice versa. Talking about equality here makes sense. But in Africa, a woman expects the man to foot all the family bills and still expect some more for personal upkeep, even when sometimes they earn more than the man. Some expressly decide not to work and push EVERY responsibility, including that of the woman's maiden family, on the man. Yet they copy the western lifestyle of not submitting to men. I ask again...what do Nigerian women really want? You cannot have your cake and eat it. A man that pays all the bills would naturally feel like a boss, simply because he is one. Lack of respect for the woman which could lead to extramarital affairs is common.

Obviously one of those who didn't read and comprehend an opening post of not more than 10lines. Lazy Nigerian youths!
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by sisisioge: 8:47am On Aug 24, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Bet wetin dey there? If you aren't interested in tradition, then don't do traditional marriage. The same knee you would get on countlessly afterwards to open his fly for Lollypops grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Donbabaj: 8:48am On Aug 24, 2018
I just imagine the way those Alagas & family members will be looking at the lady..like... someone should please help me with a meme here.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by wayne4loan: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2018
udemzyudex:

Exactly, he is one of those that will do anything just to enter there.

As long as tradition demands that you kneel, omo you must ooo.
If you want to form feminism just go and marry yourself angry

If you know you're not going to do that simple thing, just forget about it.
ladies look for a little window of opportunity to exploit men psychological, U have to stand your ground as a man ... Look at how she is braging online angry... Who is the fool now? The answer is the sissy man angry

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by gcof(m): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2018
9japrof:
Any couple might decide how they want to run their wedding, what to include and what to remove, which is their business.

Not kneeling in your wedding is your business, but there might be underlying attitude that this girl posseses which means she's in for more spoils, na her type dey make man believe she dey do him favour.

The truth is, there are no two captains on a ship, there are nonsenses girls of nowadays do that i just look at them, giggle, then laugh out loud, a very submissive and repective wife rules her home, she weilds more power than the husband self, the man subconciously cedes power to the wife, she's the prime minister while the guy is just a ceremonial head.

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by SAMBARRY: 8:51am On Aug 24, 2018
fhorlar:

That's what our ladies don not understand. Seriously,they don't know the innate powers they possess.
marriage is not a competition for who get power pass,neither is it a master /surbodinate relationship

Even the Bible says can 2 walk together unless they agree? Note the unwritten point of PARTNERSHIP.

Even Yorubas say IKUNLE ONSHEY IWA. Kneeling down is not a sign of submission or respect. Moreover there are different types of kneeling down

1.ikunle abosi (which is very common) people do it to those who wield power to get what they want and still yinmu at the persons back and insult /make jest of the person
2.ikunle tioni abosi ninu (very rare and uncommon)
3.ikunle fun olorun. This is actually justified because he alone deserves total submission, reverence and worship
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by wayne4loan: 8:53am On Aug 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Why are people making hasty conclusion?

what if the man too actually share the same opinion with the woman rather than him being influenced? what if he's even the one that influenced the woman and not the other way around? Not all men respect traditional protocols to things
such opinion leads to promiscuity and infidelity in marriage
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Adukey(f): 8:53am On Aug 24, 2018
WhoBeThisMan:
The institute of marriage is really under attack.

Why marry stall if you don't want to submit to your husband?

The concept of marriage from the west dosnt work. That's why one out of every 2 marriages end in divours.

On marriage matters, the whites need to learn from Africa not the other way round.

So, just that one day kneeling will make her submissive?
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Bigdeeee: 8:54am On Aug 24, 2018
Women and hypocrisy are like Siamese twins - joined together! You kneel inside bedroom but can’t kneel during your engagement? This girl needs a good hot slap to reset her destiny cheesy. Yoruba parents have to do more to raise this generation right. Too many radarada ish going on.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by mhaki(m): 8:55am On Aug 24, 2018
Modarun:
Your face whenever a Yoruba man says someone is beautiful.

Being light-skinned is not beauty.

If you know, you know.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by SAMBARRY: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2018
olowo1930:
If she refused to kneel down properly, she will do it well ,when she enters labor room, God has made man master , it's normal norms that should be obeyed and cherished. If the man goes out and see a respectful lady and cherish her character, them you will be complaining, man don't talk much but lady always down with man's negative reaction.
you need to get enlightened.

WOMEN LIE ON THEIR BACKS AND OPEN THEIR THIGHS TO POP OUT BABIES. they aren't chickens or animals that bend over to birth their offsprings

I AM A WOMAN AND MOTHER SO I AM JUSTIFIED TO EXPLAIN HOW AND WHAT BIRTHING ENTAILS BECAUSE I HAVE ENTERED THE LABOUR ROOM to birth my daughter.

O yes, science has also made birthing easier to relieve the pain of child birth. Google it wink
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 24, 2018
When it's time to get pregnant let them also speak with Mother Nature to allow the husband carry the baby to term.

Stupid and ugly feminist

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by franchasng: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2018
IamHeWrites:
A Nigerian woman based in Toronto has told of how she challenged cultural norms by choosing not to kneel down for her husband during her traditional marriage, and that Nigerian men are mad about it.

The gorgeous Yoruba bride said she and her husband spoke to the coordinators (Alagas) ahead of the wedding and asked that they do not ask her to kneel for her husband. The wedding day came and it was the way the bride and groom wanted it. There was no mention of submission and she didn't have to kneel.

She said her sister also took a stand at her own wedding which took place earlier this week.

After she shared her story, some women who did the same thing came to share theirs. A few Nigerian men applauded her for challenging the status quo. But the majority of Nigerian men were angry and called her out. Some even insulted her husband for supporting her.

See reactions below;

https://www.torimill.co/viral/9559/lady-shares-how-she-avoided-kneeling-for-husband-during-traditional-marriage.html

This is what happens when a Nigerian guy marries a foreign based Nigerian feminist-wannabe to get stay abroad to continue their slaving in foreign land undecided

But we see hundreds of white ladies, Asian ladies, Indian ladies, etc who started feminism still kneeling down for their Nigerian husbands during their Nigerian wedding ceremonies to their Naija husbands, even if the wedding is conducted abroad, so shameful for our women trying so hard to hate their unique beautiful culture the whites are envying secretly cry

Tell me if her husband is small but rich Davido, Wizkid, Tekno, and co, she wouldn't even prostrate to give him drink, black women will burn down the world once given the lighter angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by SAMBARRY: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2018
Adukey:

So, just that one day kneeling will make her submissive?
e taya MI o grin

Anyway I'm not surprised about the Painment. Don't really blame them too much. It's the entitlement mentality of THeir upbringing wherein they have been told since they were lads that women owe them submission whether or not they deserve it just because they have a phenese grin
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by NERDYDREAMS(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2018
dingbang:
The devil doesn't like the marriage institution so he uses modernity to destroy it.[b]
this person get sense cheesy God will increase ur knowledge

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by arceem(m): 9:05am On Aug 24, 2018
We blacks gat so much pride for with nothing
Even the white respects their culture
The asians will never change their culture for anything....

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by erico2k2(m): 9:06am On Aug 24, 2018
simplyhonest:
Pls, also remember to share how you kneel down when in the other room...
nah ttrue, for da ozza room dem nor get kwanta grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by kushme: 9:11am On Aug 24, 2018
Hedonini:

You peeps are funny. Someone that feels too big to kneel on her wedding day would kneel to blow him?

Most of them stop blowing after the wedding ..

There's an end to every game.. In this game of relationship for most women is marriage..

They are always on a mission, you'll be wondering why the sudden change after doing many nice things for you during courting like "good sex, cook, clean etc.

At least, madam no kneeling down is truthful before the traditional wedding .. The lady is rude.. She dey slap am for their face for social media..

That wan na the husband headache sha.. The man na sissy, like the guy you quoted said.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by irrefragable: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2018
Michelle55:
So long both of them are cool with the arrangement, no problem. As for me I don't want any noisy or elaborate wedding sef, nothing like pre-wedding photoshoot or the likes.. Just a simple wedding of few friends and family and I'm done. If my future partner is cool with my idea then every other person ideas doesn't matter
You are just the type of woman for me.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 24, 2018
kushme:

Most of them stop blowing after the wedding ..

There's an end to every game.. In this game of relationship for most women is marriage..

They are always on a mission, you'll be wondering why the sudden change after doing many nice things for you during courting like "good sex, cook, clean etc.

At least, madam no kneeling down is truthful before the traditional wedding .. The lady is rude.. She dey slap am for their face for social media..

That wan na the husband headache sha.. The man na sissy, like the guy you quoted said.

I agree 100% with everything you said.

Most of them feel reluctant to do the dirty after marriage. It's crazy. And yet they'll raise hell when a young man gets a couple of joy givers outside to keep enjoying the nasty pleasures he's used to..

Marriage is a scam invented to favour women and immiserate men. It's really of no use to men.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by brightpeters4(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2018
9japrof:
Any couple might decide how they want to run their wedding, what to include and what to remove, which is their business.

Not kneeling in your wedding is your business, but there might be underlying attitude that this girl posseses which means she's in for more spoils, na her type dey make man believe she dey do him favour.

The truth is, there are no two captains on a ship, there are nonsenses girls of nowadays do that i just look at them, giggle, then laugh out loud, a very submissive and repective wife rules her home, she weilds more power than the husband self, the man subconciously cedes power to the wife, she's the prime minister while the guy is just a ceremonial head.
9japrof:

9japrof:

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by kushme: 9:20am On Aug 24, 2018
Hedonini:

I agree 100% with everything you said.

Most of them feel reluctant to do the dirty after marriage. It's crazy. And yet they'll raise hell when a young man gets a couple of joy givers outside to keep enjoying the nasty pleasures he's used to..

Marriage is a scam invented to favour women and immiserate men. It's really of no use to men.

Gbam... Well said.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2018
Produke:
If you are trying to be Western, don't do traditional marriage then.
GOD bless you sir.
Well spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 24, 2018
pocohantas:

The husband agreed to it, so I believe they have their reasons. When I was a kid, still in primary school, my uncle married a Yoruba woman. He said he won't prostrate, it caused so much noise that day. Even as a kid, I was just looking at him like, "is this one okay?...sha dobale let's leave here". He didn't. They have been married for nothing less than 15yrs. Some people take little things serious.

What is head? embarassed

I will have to explain what head is in person so that you have a full understanding. Please send me a pm so we can schedule a one on one lesson session. It is unfortunate that you do not know what it is, but like everything it can be rectified
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by myke92(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2018
jejemanito:
She will still kneel down in the night.

grin grin grin
Chai

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2018
franchasng:
black women will burn down the world once given the lighter angry angry

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by Lordofthewest(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2018
Alagas will be like: ehh iyawo oniranu
Donbabaj:
I just imagine the way those Alagas & family members will be looking at the lady..like... someone should please help me with a meme here.

Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by TruckPark: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2018
If you can't kneel down for me, I'll kukuma stay transparent. I'm not bending an inch for your parents too. I'll rather greet your fam/parent with an handshake. 50/50.

Now the kneeling culture is beyond submission or one wayoo style or whatever you guys propose it was.
It is a sign of respect for your in-laws in general, not your husband actually.

Keep arguing.com
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by middlebelter(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2018
Yoruba culture is being challenged by some women in USA and some people are very happy about it!?

This is another evidence that Africans culture may be annihilated with time due to misplaced value system. How do you expect the man, the head of the family to be, to go prostrate for your parents and yet you can't kneel to him or his family members? You are an invitation to crisis.
I blame your parents and the bride groom. The bride groom shouldn't have prostrated to your parents, he should have stretched out his hands to them to sake them in appreciation of thier inability to train thier daughter in the value and culture of his people or simply wave them by saying hi guys , bring me that your daughter for marriage if you wish.
Not everything about western culture is good for us to the extent of abadoning our culture completely . The most annoying aspects of the show is the pride she displayed thereafter that her kneel did not touch the ground.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by TwentyOnePilots(m): 9:40am On Aug 24, 2018
jejemanito:
She will still kneel down in the night.

As in ehh grin... On all four self, so tey over kneel go worry her !!! grin grin grin. Yeye Iyawo!
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by themanderon: 9:41am On Aug 24, 2018
All these present age Jezebels and Ahabs will not let us hear word. You kneeling or doing otherwise is your biz just don't try to force your new age feminist mentality on others. No wonder the marriage institution is falling like a pack of cards. We have women that are the men of their homes and men that are Ahabs.
Re: Yoruba Bride Avoids Kneeling Down For Her Husband At Their Traditional Marriage by tossie101(f): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2018
SAMBARRY:
is it not their wedding and marriage again?
Alara ni ara o ro oun. Kiwani tie that you are crying more than the bereaved

Which Kyn useless language be this biko undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Bowl Of Nkwobi With $100 Served At A Lagos Party (Photos) / "How I Picked Transport Fare At My Friend's Wedding In Imo ; Man Confesses".PICS / Nigeria's 55th Independence Day Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.