Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? (31522 Views)

Is 1.5million Naira Enough To Do A Low Budget Traditional And Church Wedding? / Can One Do Traditional And White Wedding With A Budget Of N200k? / Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by pansophist(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I can't even stand crowd sh!t that comes with wedding. I can't send invitation to people for them to come and attend my wedding; I hate creating problems for people.

I hate attention and I want everything extremely low.

True.

And in these days and age, marriage is just one big dic.kk measuring sport for people. In Nigeria, it is a financial pit hole for the man. I knew people who wasted years of savings, borrowed money from relatives just to have a huge wedding and guess what, they earn below 150k naira in joint income, and in huge debt. Makes no sense to me and wonder how people still do this.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enemyofprogress: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2018
Lilimax:

Enemy of progress like you embarassed
<h> i wonder why menstruation blood is salty
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by dustydee: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
I am here to read comments because I am desperately in need of advice regarding the cost of traditional and white wedding in Igbo land. My fiancee said that 2.5 million will not be enough for the kind of traditional and white wedding she would like us to have. She said that I should budget more, and I have budgeted 3 million. Both of us are from Imo state. I think 3 million is much, but she does not think so, (mind you, she is not extravagant. She is a well trained young lady from a very decent home. And she is very God fearing too). For now, I am just an average young guy, not poor and not very rich either. I need advice as well too. We plan to settle down next year by God's grace.
How about you split the bill say 60-40, you bring 60% while she brings 40%? People will hardly remember the decoration and your gown or suit 2 weeks after the wedding. Some will still complain they did not get food to eat. Do what you can afford. If you plan to spend 3m make sure you have at least an extra 3m in savings after spending that amount.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by missyblissy: 11:56am On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
I am here to read comments because I am desperately in need of advice regarding the cost of traditional and white wedding in Igbo land. My fiancee said that 2.5 million will not be enough for the kind of traditional and white wedding she would like us to have. She said that I should budget more, and I have budgeted 3 million. Both of us are from Imo state. I think 3 million is much, but she does not think so, (mind you, she is not extravagant. She is a well trained young lady from a very decent home. And she is very God fearing too). For now, I am just an average young guy, not poor and not very rich either. I need advice as well too. We plan to settle down next year by God's grace.

What the hell? 3 million shocked shocked are you kidding me. Uncle dont even try it. If you are rich and have the cash go ahead. If you are not,no try am at all. What is wrong with ladies now a days. How much is she contributing to this wedding, if shes not putting her money oga dont try it. You will regret it later.

Look as an igbo guy uts very simple. Do both trad ans white same day. Read my other comments above Abeg. What 3million smh
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by sacramento1212: 11:57am On Aug 24, 2018
paulmarkino:
What is the problem with Africans? Which one is traditional and white wedding? Africa is still under mental slavery. Westerns do Wedding in Church and court. Here someone is saying traditional wedding, white wedding and court wedding. Poor nation like us wasting our resources because we are confused.

Are you minding them? Someone will spend money doing traditional marriage which is applicable to us Africans and in this case Nigeria and still will go and spend money again for white wedding. Complete waste of resources. To me traditional marriage and nothing like white wedding. Even the traditional marriage will be low key. Court will come in as per the aspect of legality and nothing more. Any babe that doesn't accept, can walk away.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by johnjay4u2u(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2018
yettymuse:
GROWTH! husband material infinity yards!

Caseless I just found her for you

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by princejones(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2018
With good planning it is achievable but the lady parent also need to be helpful as l know that the list is always given by the umunna(extended family) and is always uniform meant for every intended in-laws.Am married from Ngwa also as am speaking from experience. Good luck bro
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2018
LynnnCHI:
Yes a million is ok .

All you need to do is to make the two ceremonies same day.Preferably,the white wedding should be done in the village of the bride or around same town.You can do this in any time of the day,if you guys are catholic better!A priest can fix you guys on any during morning massFirst mass on a Sunday is sweet because the coverage in video will show we'll dressed congregants.

After that proceed to the venue of the traditional wedding.Do your thing.Avoid buying can drinks.Make sure more than 90 are in bottles.Avoid high drinks like Heineken and Guinness,buy in little quantities if you must.

Other cheap brands are Hero,Goldberg,Star,Legend,etc

I think a million naira is Ok
And during rainy season things are relatively cheap.I wish you the best.Atleast you get1 million.Some people no get to pay bride price sef.

Let's say my guy has 1 million this is what I will do.

First monetizing the whole thing may cost 300k to 350k including bride price.

2 cow head costs 40k.
You can add a carton of turkey like 10k-13k
Bag of rice 18k
Gallon of red oil ten liters is 4000
Vegetable oil 9000
Tomatoes fresh 6000
Tin tomatoes 3000
Other ingredients including Maggie salt and the rest around 7k
Two basket of onions 2k

Soap Egusi a bucket is ok
And ogbomo half bucket is ok
Every other ingredients for soup is minor.Na the meat and fish be the look

2 bag of semo 6k
Garry or Akpu 6k

You can add salad or moimoi if you want.Salad is perfered cos w cheap for rainy season.Cabbage carrot and Irish potatoes and eggs are ok with biggest bama.Person wey know how to run am no go spend more than 5k.Secret if good salad na creaming.Blend sugar with bama and peak milk and salad go sweet.

Remove like 20k for dried and stock fish
Cameroon pepper like 500 is ok
Crawfish bucket is 1500

Renting of pots and canopies depending on how many 25k

Renting of wedding gown like 20k

Both of your traditional wear both of you can wear good lace for 10 yards around 35k in lagos Island market.You can chose to wear normal Senator.Aba near Ph ,you fit run an there with your wedding suit.Just buy better check material see the suit them buy plain material for trouser wey go fit am.E no cost.Just use good tailor wey no work The color of trouser should be same as your blazers.

Better shoe for island you will buy 12k.But you can still buy two for that amount.If I'm a guy I go vesper buy correct OK sanders like 8k for traditional wedding and 5k shoe for whites.I don't like cover shoes on senator wears.Good leather palm sandals is classy!Just pedicure your legs well.

Gele and shoe around 10k
Beads like 3k
And there's provisions to rent if need be.

For drinks
250k is ok
You can buy local liquors like They sell 100 in four cartons.The reason is that this little drinks are handle and when guys begin to take it with other bottles they will get really high.Just make it available and cold.

Go for other hots like captain jack,etc

Calculate and get back to me make we add more.
are you a lady?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Lilimax(f): 11:59am On Aug 24, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Go figure?
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
johnjay4u2u:

Caseless I just found her for you
yettymuse is a wife material. Las las na for this thread my wife dey.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enemyofprogress: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lilimax:

Go figure?
i wonder why menstruation blood is salty
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:
3 million is too much if you plan on doing something less elaborate.
3 million will be okay for an elaborate wedding.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
enemyofprogress:
the thought of you ever tasting that that dirty thing kills me already.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Malawian(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks
Nwunne, i dey OBS for BG. Mu na gi no na otu akpukpo-ukwu. wink wink
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by enemyofprogress: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
the thought of you ever tasting that that dirty thing kills me already.
i wonder why menstruation blood is salty
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
white people in a relationship can decide to get married and decide to inform their respective families via phone and the wedding would be held with few friends in attendance.

You want 50? grin you try sef. Na only 5 I need.
bruh... grin my dad always tell us of how he married my mum and non if the neighbors knew. They just bought beer and mineral when they got home and shared for the neighbors. The money was there but popcie no like loud things.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
enemachris:
This guy must be an eoconomist grin grin
don't you like it that way? grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
Adavizeisaac:
You've answered the man's question! You're only creating a bad idea in his mind now!
he should use his head. grin
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by newjosboy: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Pls i need a breakdown. U know how igbo list is and how expensive it will take . Again I plan doing it in ph town. Like how much can b budgeted for igba nkwu. Will the remaining amount b enough for the white? Lalasticlala.. I will need more view pls. Help me push am front page. Thanks

Since you dey PH and e be like say you want a colourful wedding, you need to add like N4m more ti make it N5m. As for me N600k is enuff for even honey moon.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
auxanosolar:
wish I could like ur comment more than once...... I am not a fan of elaborate wedding at all
you see why you and I should get married? cool
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2018
millionboi:
God bless u bro

Dsame with me
amen, bro. And bless you , too.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
NoApology:
We are almost on same issue. I have drafted a budget for my wedding and it's almost 800k, that minus the trad o. Now lemme burst your brain, I spent almost 500k on the introduction and bride price alone. And yes, I'm igbo in case you are wondering
bcoz u want..,......apart from som part in IMO state.

U can decide how much to spend,base on ur ego.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Macopol01(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:
Hello folks. I'm planning to wed my fiancee. Considering how tight this country is I want to know if the above amount is adequate to do both traditional n white wedding. My fiancee is igbo. Same with me

Mumu Igbo spending million on marriage
You go later drink your gari tire

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by OhiOfIhima: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Caseless:
I can't even stand crowd sh!t that comes with wedding. I can't send invitation to people for them to come and attend my wedding; I hate creating problems for people.

I hate attention and I want everything extremely low.

Just like me, I hate creating problem for people but I am gonna invite some close associates and for Asoebi, my younger sisters and Mom will do the jobs.. For me no no no for Asoebi oo
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Pat081: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
My own question is do u still have more than dat after wedding or d people dat will cum to ur wedding will gv u more than dat 1million naira??
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Malawian(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
But if you have money, do an elaborate one and invite who is who. I have seen amazing gifts some couples get during their reception.Don't do kobo kobo bro.
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Juicybreed:
Half a million can do it depends on the relationship you have with people. The very day i host events, come see how my friends thy support me with cash.
deceptive
Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by sacramento1212: 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
zuto4u:

Imo state is very expensive to marry. Traditional marriage alone in some parts of Imo state would amount to nothing less than 1.5million. So depending on how you intend to entertain guest, you will spend very well.

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by onlytiles(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
iyke649:

which Igbo list? just say Mbise list

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by Caseless: 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
pansophist:

True.

And in these days and age, marriage is just one big dic.kk measuring sport for people. In Nigeria, it is a financial pit hole for the man. I knew people who wasted years of savings, borrowed money from relatives just to have a huge wedding and guess what, they earn below 150k naira in joint income, and in huge debt. Makes no sense to me and wonder how people still do this.
I have a cousin who courted a girl for 8 years, they got married and the marriage crashed in less than 10 months. All his money went into that wedding. He's now more grounded than Nigerian airway.

The lady didn't just leave him, she burnt all his clothes and certificates - she also took him to court.

This is why I told cococandy that girls are wicked and deadly. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by CeeJay9ja(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
zinnydan:
which state, am also from IBO land
You are not if you spell "Igbo" that way

1 Like

Re: Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? by millionboi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
jektony:

Truth be told, 1 million can't and wont be ok if you are gonna have this event on two separate days, the white wedding will drain you so much, put the following into consideration: Hall, Food & Drinks, Decoration, etc...so my advice to you, merge your Trad and white together...since my 4 months of being married, nobody don com ask us if we dey chop at all.....no do wedding to please anyone, after that wedding day...na #OYO be your neew State of origin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Plan A Good Wedding? / Nigerian, Constance Onyeka Weds In A Wheelchair (Photos) / Wedding Pics Of Maureensylvia, An Ex-Miss NAIRALAND Contestant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.