Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (298156 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 30, 2019
akinis09:
u are suppose to flash it via custom recovery to enable u use gcam
So no need to unzip it?
Just flash it?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 8:14pm On May 30, 2019
callydon:

All the same can you give me the steps you used in flashing the ROM
Ok you need to flash custom recovery and root the phone by flashing magisk.
Visit: forum .xda-developers. com/redmi-note-7 /how-to/one-redmi-note-7-unlock-bootloader-t3890751/amp/
Join the link together. you will see links there with instructions on how to flash recovery and root using magisk...u can download magisk 19.1.
Two problems I encountered is once you reboot the stock recovery will replace the custom recovery and secondly after flashing the custom recovery when you boot your phone Will ask for a password or pattern you didn't set. Solution is first, backup your phone, after flashing the recovery, do not reboot, press the home button from the recovery, press wipe nd swipe right to do a normal wipe, that should remove that password issue, after the format don't reboot, goto home again. While In the recovery mood connect your phone to pc, you can Access your internal memory from there, copy magisk 19.1 to the root of your internal memory, from recovery home select install find the magisk select it and swipe to flash.after that you can now reboot. Twrp nd root will now persist. Note that if u had sdcard with the magisk in it u don't need to copy it to internal storage after the formatting, that is if u don't hv sdcard, if u do just access it from recovery. Now to flash the ROM. Just put it in internal storage, boot into recovery by shutting down, press and hold the power button nd volume up button together, when you see the redmi-note-7 leave the power button and continue holding the volume up button till under the recovery. Now before you flash a ROM always do factory reset. So go to wipe, swipe to do normal reset, goto recovery home, click on install , select the ROM, swipe to flash. After that reboot. I think u will have to flash magisk again for root
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by akinis09: 9:56pm On May 30, 2019
papiforreal:

So no need to unzip it?
Just flash it?
yes
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2019
chigoeze:

Ok you need to flash custom recovery and root the phone by flashing magisk.
Visit: forum .xda-developers. com/redmi-note-7 /how-to/one-redmi-note-7-unlock-bootloader-t3890751/amp/
Join the link together. you will see links there with instructions on how to flash recovery and root using magisk...u can download magisk 19.1.
Two problems I encountered is once you reboot the stock recovery will replace the custom recovery and secondly after flashing the custom recovery when you boot your phone Will ask for a password or pattern you didn't set. Solution is first, backup your phone, after flashing the recovery, do not reboot, press the home button from the recovery, press wipe nd swipe right to do a normal wipe, that should remove that password issue, after the format don't reboot, goto home again. While In the recovery mood connect your phone to pc, you can Access your internal memory from there, copy magisk 19.1 to the root of your internal memory, from recovery home select install find the magisk select it and swipe to flash.after that you can now reboot. Twrp nd root will now persist. Note that if u had sdcard with the magisk in it u don't need to copy it to internal storage after the formatting, that is if u don't hv sdcard, if u do just access it from recovery. Now to flash the ROM. Just put it in internal storage, boot into recovery by shutting down, press and hold the power button nd volume up button together, when you see the redmi-note-7 leave the power button and continue holding the volume up button till under the recovery. Now before you flash a ROM always do factory reset. So go to wipe, swipe to do normal reset, goto recovery home, click on install , select the ROM, swipe to flash. After that reboot. I think u will have to flash magisk again for root

Bros, this is actually what I am facing while trying to flash TWRP:

At first, after flashing, I was being asked to put password (I had to wipe data to by pass this, and my phone came back as if it's a brand new phone).
I used another method of flashing, but after following the process, still it will not take me to the TWRP reboot.
Please guys in the house help me out abeg.

NB: I HAVE SEEN TWRP ON MY PHONE, in all I'll just been seeing the stock recovery.
Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2019
chigoeze:

Me sef I'm waiting for Psychodavidovic to try masik ROM nd drop review, the only custom ROM I've flashed is xiaomi.eu rom which is Just the normal miui rom your phone came with but tweaked for better performance. The only two features it has that gives it an edge over the stock ROM is an option for system wide dark mode and your notifications don't disappear after some seconds...

I would have tried it but not into MIUI based ROMs for now, might flash it later at some point but for now, I'm sticking to AOSP.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2019
AgentPein:

So technically it's just PE with little customization

Exactly, emphasis on "little".

AgentPein:

Alright boss, thanks nice review though

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Dmedalion: 11:16pm On May 30, 2019
Ejiphill09:

Boss whats the name of that custom ROM?
Revolution OS
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 11:27pm On May 30, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

I would have tried it but not into MIUI based ROMs for now, might flash it later at some point but for now, I'm sticking to AOSP.

Please which ROM wud you suggest for RN7? Finally flashed TWRP & rooted this phone.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 6:55am On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Please which ROM wud you suggest for RN7? Finally flashed TWRP & rooted this phone.
Glad to know you sorted it out
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 6:56am On May 31, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Is it a performance issue or just preference?
And if you have link for syberia os for rn7 please share
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:25am On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Well done bro, ve u checked Xda developer forum?
Chigoeze
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:33am On May 31, 2019
www.miui.blog
Callydon
Chigoeze
Check this site
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by AgentPein(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2019
Guys Olanreyman is still out of town, and I'm anxious to explore this phone so if any other person is residing in ilorin and would help me to unlock the bootloader I would be grateful

Nb: I would have do it myself but I lack anything system neither laptop non desktop do I have
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 8:38am On May 31, 2019
busuyi44:
www.miui.blog
Callydon
Chigoeze
Check this site
Nice...seems like there's no syberia os for note7 yet
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 8:40am On May 31, 2019
busuyi44:
www.miui.blog
Callydon
Chigoeze
Check this site

Nice one, I got the tutorial there though.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:42am On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Bros, this is actually what I am facing while trying to flash TWRP:

At first, after flashing, I was being asked to put password (I had to wipe data to by pass this, and my phone came back as if it's a brand new phone).
I used another method of flashing, but after following the process, still it will not take me to the TWRP reboot.
Please guys in the house help me out abeg.

NB: I HAVE SEEN TWRP ON MY PHONE, in all I'll just been seeing the stock recovery.
Thanks

After flashing twrp, use cmd to boot into twrp

fastboot boot recovery.img

Your phone will then reboot into TWRP. Tick the “Never show this screen during boot again” and then “Swipe to allow system modification“.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:55am On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Depends on the you want out of your phone. For an all round stability and as a daily driver with lots of customisation, i would say go for AEX (might be biased on this one). If you prefer pure stock Android with no customisation and good performance, go for Pixel Experience. LineageOS is also good.

Do a lot of gaming on your phone ? Go for Crdroid.

These are the ones i know are available for RN7.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:59am On May 31, 2019
chigoeze:

Is it a performance issue or just preference?
And if you have link for syberia os for rn7 please share

For me, its Strictly preference. I like the simplicity stock Android brings.

I don't think syberiaOS is available for RN7 as at now.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 10:21am On May 31, 2019
Pls who reside in lag that can help me unlock redmi note 7 bootloader and root it also, pls no system to do it by myself now
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 4:29pm On May 31, 2019
chigoeze:

Me sef I'm waiting for Psychodavidovic to try masik ROM nd drop review, the only custom ROM I've flashed is xiaomi.eu rom which is Just the normal miui rom your phone came with but tweaked for better performance. The only two features it has that gives it an edge over the stock ROM is an option for system wide dark mode and your notifications don't disappear after some seconds...
Xiaomi.eu does it offer better battery back up than MIUI rom?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 4:35pm On May 31, 2019
IKON360:

Xiaomi.eu does it offer better battery back up than MIUI rom?
Not really. It's pretty much same for me,
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 4:46pm On May 31, 2019
chigoeze:

Not really. It's pretty much same for me,
Mtchw, and I've been eyeing the rom since?! Sha I might still use it 1st sha. Have you tried themes? How are they now?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 4:52pm On May 31, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Depends on the you want out of your phone. For an all round stability and as a daily driver with lots of customisation, i would say go for AEX (might be biased on this one). If you prefer pure stock Android with no customisation and good performance, go for Pixel Experience. LineageOS is also good.

Do a lot of gaming on your phone ? Go for Crdroid.

These are the ones i know are available for RN7.

Bros, I just flashed LineageOS, BUT the thing is sooooooooooo plain for me. I am going ahead to look for another custom ROM to use. This lineage is looking like something I used on my phone running andriod 5.1 over 3 years ago.

lemme hunt for data and download another OS.

Please bros, any link to any better ROM

Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by papaput2(m): 5:14pm On May 31, 2019
Pls fam my redmi note 4 stop charging and working no power after the thing fell inside water took it to some crazy repairer they ask me to change d charging pot which I did o still d thing no work later he told me is the battery I bought new battery now the whole phone is like bomb so fucky hot I Don remove d new battery fast before it explode

Pls folks what am I not doing right? some say I should change d charging panel another says I shd change the whole panel am confuse I love this phone don't know what to do cry

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 5:26pm On May 31, 2019
papaput2:
Pls fam my redmi note 4 stop charging and working no power after the thing fell inside water took it to some crazy repairer they ask me to change d charging pot which I did o still d thing no work later he told me is the battery I bought new battery now the whole phone is like bomb so fucky hot I Don remove d new battery fast before it explode

Pls folks what am I not doing right? some say I should change d charging panel another says I shd change the whole panel am confuse I love this phone don't know what to do cry
08137013426 contact repairpalng
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:33pm On May 31, 2019
papaput2:

Save money and get a new phone. Otherwise they'll keep telling you stories
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 6:19pm On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Bros, I just flashed LineageOS, BUT the thing is sooooooooooo plain for me. I am going ahead to look for another custom ROM to use. This lineage is looking like something I used on my phone running andriod 5.1 over 3 years ago.

lemme hunt for data and download another OS.

Please bros, any link to any better ROM

Thanks
There is Masik rom, Havoc OS, CrDroid or go on telegram and search for a group called Lavender releases...

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2019
IKON360:

Mtchw, and I've been eyeing the rom since?! Sha I might still use it 1st sha. Have you tried themes? How are they now?
I'm very sure there are lots of advantages of these Roms (Masik and EU) over the official miui. Part of these advantages include
1) better battery backup
2) no ad whatsoever in the system.
3) Ability to import 3rd party themes/fonts without any challenge
And in MASIK particularly,
4) Customizations such as ios status bar
5) Gcam patches by default
6) Dope audio engines
To mention bit a few...

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 6:48pm On May 31, 2019
mathefaro:
I'm very sure there are lots of advantages of these Roms (Masik and EU) over the official miui. Part of these advantages include
1) better battery backup
2) no ad whatsoever in the system.
3) Ability to import 3rd party themes/fonts without any challenge
And in MASIK particularly,
4) Customizations such as ios status bar
5) Gcam patches by default
6) Dope audio engines
To mention bit a few...
Then Masik is the way to go. But things to flash plenty, like vbmeta and others.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by chigoeze: 6:50pm On May 31, 2019
IKON360:

They're nice. There's a customize option in the themes app where You can customize your themes, like apply the lockscreen of one theme and apply status bar or icons of another theme. These are the ones I tried and liked

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by plucky16(m): 7:00pm On May 31, 2019
Been on miui.eu for months now, very smooth, fast and the battery back is good but i want to try another miui based rom and im thinking about porting to Masik because of the customisations but what am not sure about is the backup, i read somewhere that it's not as strong as that of the EU rom. For those that have used the Masik rom, I'll be glad if you can share your experiences with the rom especially on battery, android version (cus i use R5+ and still stock on 8.1, i even updated it today).
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by IKON360(m): 7:20pm On May 31, 2019
chigoeze:

They're nice. There's a customize option in the themes app where You can customize your themes, like apply the lockscreen of one theme and apply status bar or icons of another theme. These are the ones I tried and liked
Thanks I've downloaded some

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.