Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (297389 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Lavoca: 7:25pm On May 31, 2019
I restored my rom after backing up with Orange fox but I'm unable to use my password again. It's always saying WRONG PIN after inputing the correct password

MODIFIED

Solved. Google is bae
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2019
callydon:

Bros, I just flashed LineageOS, BUT the thing is sooooooooooo plain for me. I am going ahead to look for another custom ROM to use. This lineage is looking like something I used on my phone running andriod 5.1 over 3 years ago.

lemme hunt for data and download another OS.

Please bros, any link to any better ROM

Thanks

AEX then.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2019
Lavoca:
I restored my rom after backing up with Orange fox but I'm unable to use my password again. It's always saying WRONG PIN after inputing the correct password

MODIFIED

Solved. Google is bae

cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 11:36pm On May 31, 2019
is there an update on the redmi7 or a custom ROM?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2019
https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-1.html
Tips on How to unlock bootloader and flashing of MIUI ROMs
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 7:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
Psychodavidovic plz hw do i check ram mgt in aosp??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2019
toniotonero:
Psychodavidovic plz hw do i check ram mgt in aosp??

No particular place to check, you just know. Apps won't stay in the background and refresh often when re-opened.

There is a way to increase the RAM through using zram though which converts part of your Internal storage to the RAM, but i haven't tried it yet. The Vimb kernel I'm currently using on syberiaOS (originally came with beast Kernel from BeastROM) has good RAM management so I'm good.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olujosh301(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Good morning after updating to pie on my redmi note 5
It automatically disabled camera2api support and all my attempts to use adb commands to install twrp temporarily and activate eis and camera2api have failed
Any solution please my bootloader is unlocked and my device is not rooted(any solution that doesn't involve rooting)

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olujosh301(m): 8:39am On Jun 05, 2019
olujosh301:
Good morning after updating to pie on my redmi note 5
It automatically disabled camera2api support and all my attempts to use adb commands to install twrp temporarily and activate eis and camera2api have failed
Any solution please my bootloader is unlocked and my device is not rooted(any solution that doesn't involve rooting)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

No particular place to check, you just know. Apps won't stay in the background and refresh often when re-opened.

There is a way to increase the RAM through using zram though which converts part of your Internal storage to the RAM, but i haven't tried it yet. The Vimb kernel I'm currently using on syberiaOS (originally came with beast Kernel from BeastROM) has good RAM management so I'm good.
GrandMufti help
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
BryanWyatt:

GrandMufti help

It's rom-dependent
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2019
Good Evening boss in the house
please am on Oreo beta ROM on my redmi note 5AI, I downloaded pie ROM 9.4.12 but while trying to update using the settings options and select update manually I get the error "can't verify update or not allowed to flash unofficial ROM"

my bootloader is locked... anything am missing

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:30am On Jun 06, 2019
uctomide:
Good Evening boss in the house
please am on Oreo beta ROM on my redmi note 5AI, I downloaded pie ROM 9.4.12 but while trying to update using the settings options and select update manually I get the error "can't verify update or not allowed to flash unofficial ROM"

my bootloader is locked... anything am missing

Screenshot the update file
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Response

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
uctomide:
Response

No image
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

No image

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
uctomide:

It's outdated.

But this is developer rom. If you currently use stable rom, then just use OTA or download the rom file and update manually.

Otherwise the link below is the latest developer rom. A new rom should be available from tomorrow http://bigota.d.miui.com/9.5.30/miui_HMNote5Global_9.5.30_23b58d18c8_9.0.zip

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2019
busuyi44:
https://c.mi.com/thread-1857937-1-1.html
Tips on How to unlock bootloader and flashing of MIUI ROMs
liljboy. Read this and also check page 77 of this thread to see how to unlock bootloader

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

It's outdated.

But this is developer rom. If you currently use stable rom, then just use OTA or download the rom file and update manually.

Otherwise the link below is the latest developer rom. A new rom should be available from tomorrow http://bigota.d.miui.com/9.5.30/miui_HMNote5Global_9.5.30_23b58d18c8_9.0.zip

My present Oreo ROM is developer too...
becuz it's outdated I can't upgrade to it but I can to the latest developer with the updater app if I download via the link provided

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2019
uctomide:

My present Oreo ROM is developer too...
becuz it's outdated I can't upgrade to it but I can to the latest developer with the updater app if I download via the link provided

Download from the link and update manually

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
GrandMufti:

Download from the link and update manually
Thanks boss... manually you mean, via the updater app I click on choose update package??

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
uctomide:

Thanks boss...
manually you mean, via the updater app I click on choose update package??

Yes sir
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ngbaze(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
Really?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
Display colors changed after the xiaomi.eu pie update. Contrast is a little higher than normal...almost like Amoled...very deep colours. Who else noticed? I personally think Oreo colours were better..

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 6:06am On Jun 08, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:52am On Jun 08, 2019
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by xpensivealex(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
ewerex:

I believe I have answered you on WhatsApp!!
Please I have a softbrick xiaomi redmi note 5 and I was directed by someone that you could be of help. please you can contact me on08033330761 (whatsapp available) or give me yours, I will appreciate you feedback
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by uctomide(m): 12:18am On Jun 09, 2019
GrandMufti:

It's outdated.

After downloading the update via the link above... here's the reply am getting via the updater app

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by gwkid(m): 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
lilclin:
You can install recovery without having to wipe internal memory.. Thanks to Orangefox recovery

Pls your Orange Fox Recovery
Can i see your storage /Fox/Ota folder directory Screenshot?

And i want to know if i update ota with orangefox, whether it will affect my root or data?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Back to EU MIUI ROM after rocking Omni Rom for two months . Must one format Data each time one ports to EU MIUI ROM from another ROM?
EU MIUI ROM is cleaned, no adverts
Reddington

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
Dark mode enabled. Meh grin

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
busuyi44:
Back to EU MIUI ROM after rocking Omni Rom for two months . Must one format Data each time one ports to EU MIUI ROM from another ROM?
EU MIUI ROM is cleaned, no adverts
Reddington
Nope. It's exclusive to pie firmwares only from what I've observed.. Pie EU is encrypted, so you either upgrade your recovery (to pie-supported recovery) to avoid decryption issues or you backup all your data and format.
By the way, the new pie display colours is annoying me...Looks like I'm the only one who doesn't like it... I prefer Oreo colours... I'm currently on EU pie stable version...Might port back to Eu Oreo soonest...

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.