Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,779 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (296855 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lol. You're back to ion. Masik no sweet you?

He'll soon leave ion angry grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
olayinkajnr:

grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Shegun010:
I want to say a big shout-out to Oga OlaynkaJnr for coming through yesterday. Found out we have been living in the same place for a while now, we decided to hook up and he selflessly helped me flash a new custom ROM, spent almost 3hrs.
I must say, there aren't a lot of people who are as nice and selfless as you are.
This is a faceless forum but make we watch as we dey treat eachother oh, this is a really small world we live in.
I really appreciate you sir. Thank you.

I like this. cool
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 6:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
Meanwhile, still on revOS. Haven't seen the need port just yet.

Also, If you're using any Xiaomi phone with SD855 or SD865, Qualcomm dropped a gpu drivers update which have been implemented by most developers in most Miui based ROMs for about 3.8% so GPU boost and efficiency. Isn't much but it was noticeable to me.

If you don't play demanding games on your phone, you probably won't notice a difference. wink

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
Psychodavidovic:
Meanwhile, still on revOS. Haven't seen the need port just yet.

Also, If you're using any Xiaomi phone with SD855 or SD865, Qualcomm dropped a gpu drivers update which have been implemented by most developers in most Miui based ROMs for about 3.8% so GPU boost and efficiency. Isn't much but it was noticeable to me.

If you don't play demanding games on your phone, you probably won't notice a difference. wink
Dis RevOS looks like AOSP, or do they have something in common??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Geofavor(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
Can someone help me with a telegram group for rn7?

Like a support group.

Anyone
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Geofavor:

[

Don't spam every thread
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
KillerFrost:
Can someone help me with a telegram group for rn7?

Like a support group.

Anyone

Next time just use telegram search option

@RedmiNote7Official
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
toniotonero:

Dis RevOS looks like AOSP, or do they have something in common??

It's because of the icons. It is a Miui based ROM and doesn't really have anything in common with AOSP ROMs.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
GrandMufti:

Next time just use telegram search option

@RedmiNote7Official

Thank you.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
OmoDavido:
The man legit. Very good person, always ready to help. Upon how I dey disturb am reach about this tweaking stuffs, he no dey ever vex or tire for my matter grin
I swear... When I had issues too, he was so calm to help me out anytime I pinged him.... I'm not flashing anything again sha... I just dey look Una grin grin grin grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BryanWyatt: 1:02am On Jul 03, 2020
Psychodavidovic:

It's because of the icons. It is a Miui based ROM and doesn't really have anything in common with AOSP ROMs.
Which launcher n icon pack are u using?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:57am On Jul 03, 2020
BryanWyatt:

Which launcher n icon pack are u using?

Stock launcher with Flat V10 icons.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Psychodavidovic:

Stock launcher with Flat V10 icons.

Ugly
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ajanijudah(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Hello Guys, I just bought my redmi note 8pro,just a week now. I have all the papers, receipt and the carton with me but I need money now to settle some things,so I wanna sell it. I am in Lagos, kindly contact me if interested. Thank you
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:02am On Jul 03, 2020
ajanijudah:

Don't spam every thread. Open a thread for your ad
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by ibawon(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2020
OmoDavido:
Thanks bro. This tips just helped me now. I moved back to ion os without loosing any off my data. wink
It is a very big life data saver
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2020
I'd like to switch to miui EU ROM. Does changing my region to say France or any other EU country qualify me to receive an EU update whenever there's one?

Please forgive my ignorance.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2020
KillerFrost:
I'd like to switch to miui EU ROM. Does changing my region to say France or any other EU country qualify me to receive an EU update whenever there's one?

Please forgive my ignorance.

Not at all.

You have to flash the rom which entails unlocking bootloader
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lol. You're back to ion. Masik no sweet you?
E sweet me but this ion dey sweet me pass grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 11:24am On Jul 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

lol my boss. I go tey on this one o cheesy
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:40am On Jul 03, 2020
OmoDavido:
E sweet me but this ion dey sweet me pass grin

I can imagine. grin

I've been on it since December.

Are you in the telegram group?

@i_o_n
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
GrandMufti:

Not at all.

You have to flash the rom which entails unlocking bootloader

This means the bootloader is unlocked ba?

Can you give me the steps to flashing the rom and a link to the latest update?

The reason I want to is because I notice the battery life of my friend's device ( same rn7) is way better than mine. The Rom is the culprit right?

Please be patient with me.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
KillerFrost:

The reason I want to is because I notice the battery life of my friend's device ( same rn7) is way better than mine. The Rom is the culprit right?

It is unlocked... Flash TWRP, via Adb, then proceed to flash the ROM
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
KillerFrost:

Yes bootloader is unlocked.

It might not necessarily be rom, rather usage patterns or other external factors.

So flashing rom might not be the solution.

Start with compilation thread on how to maximise your battery life
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by bareal(m): 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
olayinkajnr:

OrangeFox sometimes have issues with devices with 2gb ram. I'll suggest you flash the old version of your orange fox again.

I updated the phone from the update package and since then it has refused to boot to system or recovery. Just so annoying
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
GrandMufti:

Yes bootloader is unlocked.

It might not necessarily be rom, rather usage patterns or other external factors.

So flashing rom might not be the solution.

Start with compilation thread on how to maximise your battery life

Alright, let me check it out. Thank you.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Charley92: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Good evening,
Abeg, is there any Redmi 5 plus user here that uses AOSP custom ROMs?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
GrandMufti:

I can imagine. grin

I've been on it since December.

Are you in the telegram group?

@i_o_n
q
Yes I am in the telegram channel. Please bro how did you moved the time on your status bar to the center?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
KillerFrost:

which theme??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
OmoDavido:
q
Yes I am in the telegram channel. Please bro how did you moved the time on your status bar to the center?

Ionizer/ status bar

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.