Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (297011 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 10:39am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

Data is obviously encrypted. You may have to format data
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2020
mathefaro:
Data is obviously encrypted. You may have to format data

Doesn't that wipe phone also? undecided
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 10:42am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

Flashing the img will be through fastboot, yeah?
Not necessarily through fastboot. Can also be done in term, just select the option in the attached image to get the file.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

Doesn't that wipe phone also? undecided
Unfortunately, yeah... Hopefully, the Ofox you're trying to flash will have a way around the encryption.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 11:00am On Jul 19, 2020
mathefaro:
Unfortunately, yeah... Hopefully, the Ofox you're trying to flash will have a way around the encryption.

Olayinkajnr

I made a mistake. I never copied it to my Sd Card.

After I wiped my phone, I'm still getting used to this version of ES Explorer.

I was copying to the Internal Memory still.

As I wanted to extract to the Sd Card, I noticed the file isn't there. I copied it and then flashed.

I think only the internal memory is encrypted. Still, with the OFox, the internal storage is encrypted
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

Olayinkajnr

As I wanted to extract to the Sd Card, I noticed the file isn't there. I copied it and then flashed.

I think only the internal memory is encrypted. Still, with the OFox, the internal storage is encrypted

Only way is to format data. If you are ready to flash the ROM, you can do that.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

smh, should have done that when I unlocked.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind before flashing rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2020
I'm on OFox, now I can go ahead and root, yes?

And keeping in mind that the internal storage is encrypted, it wouldn't have any effect, no?
olayinkajnr:

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:43am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

smh, should have done that when I unlocked.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind before flashing rom

You have to format inside orangefox settings. So that wouldn't have been possible during unlock
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2020
curryjuniour:

Redmi note 7

Already enabled
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 11:52am On Jul 19, 2020
GrandMufti:

You have to format inside orangefox settings. So that wouldn't have been possible during unlock

I'm not ready to lose my files again, not soon. I'll format it when I want to flash a rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

I'm not ready to lose my files again, not soon. I'll format it when I want to flash a rom

I wasn't asking you to format
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by mathefaro(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:

Olayinkajnr

yeah, only the internal memory will be encrypted. For some versions of Ofox, each time you not into recovery, it asks for your password to decrypt the data.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
barackodam:
I'm on OFox, now I can go ahead and root, yes?

And keeping in mind that the internal storage is encrypted, it wouldn't have any effect, no?

Flash magisk via recovery to have root. Make sure you copy your magisk to your SD card since your internal storage is encrypted in recovery.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
mathefaro:
yeah, only the internal memory will be encrypted. [b]For some versions of Ofox, each time you not into recovery, it asks for your password to decrypt the data/[b].

Actually, this only happens if he flashes a FBE rom. Since MIUI ROMs are FDE ROMs, no version of OFOX or any recovery will ever ask if for password to decrypt data.

Also, if he flashes an AOSP ROM that is FDE based, it will also not ask him for password. Unless he flashes a FBE based AOSP ROM. And since FBE based AOSP ROM are more commons, he should expect that.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
mathefaro:
yeah, only the internal memory will be encrypted. For some versions of Ofox, each time you not into recovery, it asks for your password to decrypt the data.

Yes, it always does. Even the twrp does.

But I didn't set any password, so which password would I use?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Actually, this only happens if he flashes a FBE rom. Since MIUI ROMs are FDE ROMs, no version of OFOX or any recovery will ever ask if for password to decrypt data.

Also, if he flashes an AOSP ROM that is FDE based, it will also not ask him for password. Unless he flashes a FBE based AOSP ROM. And since FBE based AOSP ROM are more commons, he should expect that.

But it does ask.

Make I snap am sef
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Mathefaro
Olayinkajnr

The twrp also used to ask for password

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by barackodam: 1:25pm On Jul 19, 2020
GrandMufti:

I wasn't asking you to format

I was saying, the moment I finished unlocking, I flashed the twrp right away. I could have formatted before I restored the few things I was able to. Had I known
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 2:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
How do I get rid of this, asking for pattern whenever I boot to recovery? I formatted data. Also flashed DFE disable force encryption zip file but not successful. No issue with Magisk

Mathefaro
Olayinkajnr
Grandmufti

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
busuyi44:
How do I get rid of this, asking for pattern whenever I boot to recovery? I formatted data. Also flashed DFE disable force encryption zip file but not successful. No issue with Magisk

Ma thefaro
Olay inkajnr
Grand mufti

Only was is to decrypt and avoid miui roms if you don't want to be formatting data often
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
GrandMufti:

Only way is to decrypt and avoid miui roms if you don't want to be formatting data often

Hehehe. How do I decrypt ?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
busuyi44:

Hehehe. How do I decrypt ?

It's there on the screenshot. Format data
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
busuyi44:

Mathe.faro
Olayin.kajnr
Grand.mufti

Enter your pattern. If it doesn't work, you'll have to format data. Only way.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Conductor261: 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Enter your pattern. If it doesn't work, you'll have to format data. Only way.
Did you read he formatted data already
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
Conductor261:

Did you read he formatted data already

There are two ways to format data. He didn't format it the proper way. If you have encryption problem via twrp, the only way to fix it is to format data (the one with yes) and not just wipe data. You get?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Conductor261: 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

There are two ways to format data. He didn't format it the proper way. If you have encryption problem via twrp, the only way to fix it is to format data (the one with yes) and not just wipe data. You get?
Thank you.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

That's the exact thing I did immediately I flashed d Orange fox recovery but surprised d phone wasn't decrypted. As I have said DFE flashing returned error

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:03pm On Jul 19, 2020
busuyi44:

That's the exact thing I did immediately I flashed d Orange fox recovery but surprised d phone wasn't decrypted. As I have said DFE flashing returned error

Which ROM?

You'll have to flash it again.

First format data, then reboot to recovery.

Then do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.

After that, boot to system. Make sure you use pattern instead of pin. Boot back to recovery and see if it works. If it doesn't, change your recovery.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Which ROM?

You'll have to flash it again.

First format data, then reboot to recovery.

Then do the necessary wipes and flash the ROM.

After that, boot to system. Make sure you use pattern instead of pin. Boot back to recovery and see if it works. If it doesn't, change your recovery.

Currently on Masik 15.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by MrGokay(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2020
There is a file for force decrypt oo.... But you'll have to be flashing it asking with and new memeui update that you do

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.