Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,513 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (297127 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reddington:

Don't push me to try this ROM bro.. I refuse to be tempted grin
I read A LOT of user reviews before flashing ROMs and some reviews from people worldwide who've tested MIUIMIX are not exactly flattering.
But as you say, it's still a budding ROM that needs to be given some time. Until then tho, allow me to cruise in the cradle of Xiaomi.eu unrivaled smoothness grin
Thanks your understanding grin

Lol. Enjoy.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lol. Enjoy.

He has a long way to go. A lot of developers don go solo because of rude indian users. The best roms these days Na the ones with less followers. grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2020
GrandMufti:

He has a long way to go. A lot of developers don go solo because of rude indian users. The best roms these days Na the ones with less followers. grin

Lol. He dunno. Na why I like ion OS too be that. Them too finish work for that ROM.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lol. He dunno. Na why I like ion OS too be that. Them too finish work for that ROM.

Yes. The lead developer Na Ankit. He was formerly in havoc team.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
GrandMufti:

"He has a long way to go..." I'll take this as a joke bro..
Few years ago, I used to hop from one rom to another like some guys here when my loyalty was with Samsung... They had arguably the best rom support. I was a ROM freak and customisation maniac. It was crazy grin... Check my post from 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/5582#80578853

These days tho, I go for smoothness, simplicity & stability. And believe me when I tell you that I know a whole lot about Indians and how virtually impossible it can be to please them.. Go to XDA, GSM arena, GadgetNtv, Telegram groups... They're everywhere always determined to find faults...Chronic faultfinders. They can drive a developer mad grin I simply ignore them... just few of them are rational. So if I tell you Xiaomi.eu has a far better review I know what I'm saying.. Fan base aside.

That said, this thread will be far more estimable if we start applying the simple act of respecting people's opinion/choice and quit making undermining comments abeg.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reddington:

"He has a long way to go..." I'll take this as a joke bro..
Few years ago, I used to hop from one rom to another like some guys here when my loyalty was with Samsung... They had arguably the best rom support. I was a ROM freak and customisation maniac. It was crazy grin... Check my post from 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/5582#80578853

These days tho, I go for smoothness, simplicity & stability. And believe me when I tell you that I know a whole lot about Indians and how virtually impossible it can be to please them.. Go to XDA, GSM arena, GadgetNtv, Telegram groups... They're everywhere always determined to find faults...Chronic faultfinders. They can drive a developer mad grin I simply ignore them... just few of them are rational. So if I tell you Xiaomi.eu has a far better review I know what I'm saying.. Fan base aside.

That said, this thread will be far more estimable if we start applying the simple act of respecting people's opinion/choice and quit making undermining comments abeg.

You seem to have comprehension issues. I'm not responsible for how you choose to interpret comments. Shalom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reddington:

Don't push me to try this ROM bro.. I refuse to be tempted grin
I read A LOT of user reviews before flashing ROMs and some reviews from people worldwide who've tested MIUIMIX are not exactly flattering.
But as you say, it's still a budding ROM that needs to be given some time. Until then tho, allow me to cruise in the cradle of Xiaomi.eu unrivaled smoothness grin
Thanks your understanding grin

Bro, av you flashed this stable MIUI 12 they just released?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reddington
Try MIUIMIX even if it is just for a day and then share your experience with us. I'm rocking Masik 15 on Raphael, the only con is the battery drain like 3%-5% in idle mode overnight which can be attributed to dirty flashing I'm doing bcoz I don't want to lose my data
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
GrandMufti:

Yes. The lead developer Na Ankit. He was formerly in havoc team.

Little wonder why Havoc is now shit grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
busuyi44:
Redding.ton
Try MIUIMIX even if it is just for a day and then share your experience with us. I'm rocking Masik 15 on Raphael, the only con is the battery drain like 3%-5% in idle mode overnight which can be attributed to dirty flashing I'm doing bcoz I don't want to lose my data

The battery drain is an issue with Masik 15. Whether dirty flash or clean flash. People dey complain about that ROM. Even Shegun010
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
busuyi44:
Reddington
U won't lose data if u back up with migrate
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
GrandMufti:

You seem to have comprehension issues. I'm not responsible for how you choose to interpret comments. Shalom
Lol.. Calm down, Mr man! grin My comprehension ability has never been a question .. Yours? Not so sure.

You could've reasoned my point and said something more tact, but you chose a more kingly route for whatever reason grin Either way, I'm not responsible..

Shalom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
callydon:

Bro, av you flashed this stable MIUI 12 they just released?
Not really man. That was for Lavender. I use Whyred.. Still waiting..

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2020
busuyi44:
Reddington
MIUIMIX?? I'll think about it bro.. For now tho I'm thinking about the best way possible to rock the hell out of Xiaomi.eu Miui 12 stable .. Can't wait grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
My ban just expired today. Greetings to bosses in the house.

Just moved to rn8. And have applied to unlock my bootloader. I am on 168 hours waiting period. Can't wait to start using ion os back

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
toniotonero:

U won't lose data if u back up with migrate

I don't want to root d device. Migrate requires root access
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
OmoDavido:

Just moved to rn8. And have applied to unlock my bootloader. I am on 168 hours waiting period. Can't wait to start using ion os back

Lol... You sell the note 7?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 9:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lol... You sell the note 7?
lol boss, yes o. I don miss ion
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Harold4lyf(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2020
Hi guys.....i just noticed that no version of GCam works on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and i want to download it....can anyone help me out with this??
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
Harold4lyf:
Hi guys.....i just noticed that no version of GCam works on my Redmi Note 7 Pro and i want to download it....can anyone help me out with this??

Check telegram

@VioPhotography

@violetgcamhub
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:34pm On Jul 22, 2020
OmoDavido:
lol boss, yes o. I don miss ion

Alright
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
Reddington
Olayinkajnr

MIUI MIX loading....

3 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
busuyi44:

Reddington
Olayinkajnr

MIUI MIX loading....
Hmmmm.. Cool.. cool Start drafting your review bro. I'm sure a lot of guys here are itching for it... We'll appreciate.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
olayinkajnr:

The battery drain is an issue with Masik 15. Whether dirty flash or clean flash. People dey complain about that ROM. Even Shegun010

True Masik 15 was a horror for me, 14 was more stable in every way. I didn't even spend up to a day there.
Once I'm switching from my current ROM, I'm definitely going to MIUI Mix. I've heard too many good things not to.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2020
OmoDavido:

This man, them don tie you down to that Ion OS. I go drag you commot from that place soon.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 6:33am On Jul 23, 2020
Reddington:
Not really man. That was for Lavender. I use Whyred.. Still waiting..
Okay, no wahala
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 6:38am On Jul 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2020
Battery drain issue during idle time with Masik 15 still raised it's ugly head embarassed with MIUI MIX despite doing a clean flashing, a total formatting of data undecided. Lost 2% (70% to 68%) btw 12:44am to 5:19am. No any other major issue. The ROM is stable, no lag, no any weird behavior or performance.
I missed the iOS features of Masik like the central placing of time in status bar, iOS notification sound. Let's how it goes.

Cc: Reddington

4 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 7:07am On Jul 23, 2020
busuyi44:
Battery drain issue during idle time with Masik 15 still raised it's ugly head embarassed with MIUI MIX despite doing a clean flashing, a total formatting of data undecided. Lost 2% (70% to 68%) btw 12:44am to 5:19am. No any other major issue. The ROM is stable, no lag, no any weird behavior or performance.
I missed the iOS features of Masik like the central placing of time in status bar, iOS notification sound. Let's how it goes.

Lol.. grin I'm surprised that you expected customisations.. MIUIMIX is a spitting image of Xiaomi.eu nah... No fancy customization whatsoever... More like a debloated Miui..

But why the fvck am I seeing Chinese inscription on your Bluetooth? Resultant effect of unmodified vendor? Looks so out of place undecided

Thanks for your review tho..
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Harold4lyf(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2020
GrandMufti:

Check telegram

@VioPhotography

@violetgcamhub
God bless you man�
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OmoDavido(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2020
Shegun010:

This man, them don tie you down to that Ion OS. I go drag you commot from that place soon.
lol oga mi. The OS too sweet. I swear.Na oxygen os I first like gan before but Ion don take over.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by callydon(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2020
busuyi44:

please bro, what's d RAM of ur phone??
Coz I heard dis MIUI 12 lags 3/4GB RAM versions. And I am using RN7 4GB version.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.