Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (297064 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
liljboy:
na stock theme I dey use since... Guess I'll just restore factory settings, I planned to do that if MIUI12 lands but those clowns are slow with their updates

What you have there in the screenshot is not stock theme. Talking about status bar icons (network and battery bar).

Do a touch panel test to see if your touch panel don't have issues.

If it doesn't, best bet is to factory reset as suggested above.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by liljboy(m): 12:58pm On Sep 18, 2020
olayinkajnr:

What you have there in the screenshot is not stock theme. Talking about status bar icons (network and battery bar).

Do a touch panel test to see if your touch panel don't have issues.

If it doesn't, best bet is to factory reset as suggested above.
still persists

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2020
And... I'm back so soon.

So i have the eu rom for mi 9 which i got from sourceforge.

I've seen a couple of tutorials about how to flash it but I'm hoping to learn from the dozens of personal experiences here so i don't walk into a pit.

Is it as simple as charging the device to 80%, booting to recovery, wiping the device, flashing the rom plus cahe wiping and sipping a cup of tea.

Will the zip file not already be removed when i wipe the device before flashing?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2020
Good day sir ma

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
abdsamad:
And... I'm back so soon.

So i have the eu rom for mi 9 which i got from sourceforge.

I've seen a couple of tutorials about how to flash it but I'm hoping to learn from the dozens of personal experiences here so i don't walk into a pit.

Is it as simple as charging the device to 80%, booting to recovery, wiping the device, flashing the rom plus cahe wiping and sipping a cup of tea.

Will the zip file not already be removed when i wipe the device before flashing?

Go ahead. No fear. Just have a back up of your important things to a flash drive or Gdrive. Copy d zip file to a flash drive or to your laptop
Boot to recovery
Format data (d one with yes to format) .
Wipe data davlick vendor system cache
Copy the EU ROM zip file to your phone internal memory
Flash d ROM, magisk if u want to root
Boot to system
Boooommmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 8:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
busuyi44:

Go ahead. No fear. Just have a back up of your important things to a flash drive or Gdrive. Copy d zip file to a flash drive or to your laptop
Boot to recovery
Boot to system
Boooommmmmm.

Errm...
Pls o, am i meant to wipe the system and vendor?
I've been seeing scary warnings about touching those
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Oya, wake up o!
Ayaf come with my wahala again grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

Errm...
Pls o, am i meant to wipe the system and vendor?
I've been seeing scary warnings about touching those

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
busuyi44:

Then after that i reboot recovery then do a data format (with the yes), correct?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

Oya, wake up o!
Ayaf come with my wahala again grin

smiley
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

Then after that i reboot recovery then do a data format (with the yes), correct?

You first do a data format (the one with yes)

Reboot to recovery after that, then you do the wipes in the screenshot above. And flash the ROM.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

smiley

Welcome sir. I'm filling up my lesson notes again
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

You first do a data format (the one with yes)

Reboot to recovery after that, then you do the wipes in the screenshot above. And flash the ROM.

Okay. I guess i have everything i need now. See u on the other side. Or maybe I'll be asking for how to unbrick smiley
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 11:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
olayinkajnr:

smiley

And... Ofcos something went wrong.

I completed the flash but it's not booting to system. Just returns to orangefox.

I wanted to try to use miflash to reinstall miui but someone said something about that making things worse since it's a custom recovery
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2020
busuyi44:

Boot to recovery
Boot to system
Boooommmmmm.

It went... Not so we'll.

Any ideas?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

I completed the flash but it's not booting to system. Just returns to orangefox.

I wanted to try to use miflash to reinstall miui but someone said something about that making things worse since it's a custom recovery

Did you format data? The one where you have to type YES.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Shegun010: 11:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
abdsamad:

It went... Not so we'll.

Any ideas?

And did you tick all the boxes busuyi44 said to tick?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:32am On Sep 20, 2020
Shegun010:

And did you tick all the boxes busuyi44 said to tick?

Good news!
I tried it again and it worked.

Bad news: the thing is already telling me that battery something stopped working. Probably something I did but I'll wait and see about that one.

Thanks for the all the help.

I'll be disturbing you soon
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2020
abdsamad:

Where do you always see these people that gives false information like this?

What was the error you got when it completed the flash?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Where do you always see these people that gives false information like this?

What was the error you got when it completed the flash?

I've been scouring the Internet ni o. grin

I didn't actually get an error. The thing just didn't boot into system. I figured out what the problem was during my second attempt: i didn't let it boot all the way to the system after data format. It was taking too long so i thought it was stuck so i interrupted it.
i just allowed it to boot all the way the second time, went back to recovery, wiped the data and co, tried to Reboot to system but that one was really stuck so i just Rebooted to recovery and flashed.

It went smoothly, like a baby's bottom and i gave myself a pat on the back cool

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by martyns200(m): 2:11am On Sep 21, 2020
genius43:

Just say HyperCam E3

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/HyperCam_E3.0_P.apk

After downloading , it's says app not installed after it showed this

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 8:16am On Sep 21, 2020
martyns200:

After downloading , it's says app not installed after it showed this

Uninstall previous Gcam
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by martyns200(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2020
genius43:

Uninstall previous Gcam

Pls where do I go on my redmi 8 to do that?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2020
martyns200:

Pls where do I go on my redmi 8 to do that?

Apps uninstalling doesn't have a special method. All android devices have a place where you can uninstall apps with her by going to the app list on settings or holding the icon on the home screen or launcher
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by martyns200(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2020
genius43:

Apps uninstalling doesn't have a special method. All android devices have a place where you can uninstall apps with her by going to the app list on settings or holding the icon on the home screen or launcher

Thanks, seen it
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by OneKinGuy(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2020
If you use mido, tryout this rom, it's a beast for pubg. Getting 45 - 55 steady fps.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Oluwasegun123(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
hello all. Please I need someone to guide me in flashing GSI ROM for Redmi 8
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by HowGlorious: 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oluwasegun123:

Cc olayinkajnr
But why gsi?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oluwasegun123:

I know how but I'll never advice you. You'll hate your phone believe me. Just be patient for devs to port stable roms for you.

As an addendum, you can completely damage your device while trying to repair system partition.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
OneKinGuy:
If you use mido, tryout this rom, it's a beast for pubg. Getting 45 - 55 steady fps.

Corvus is termed gaming ROM but there's nothing like gaming ROM.

What you enjoy on Corvus for PUBG is all based on the kernel.

Nice ROM btw.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Oluwasegun123(m): 2:42pm On Sep 21, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I know how but I'll never advice you. You'll hate your phone believe me. Just be patient for devs to port stable roms for you.

As an addendum, you can completely damage your device while trying to repair system partition.

ah omo... but I learnt that Havoc OS is stable for the device
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oluwasegun123:

ah omo... but I learnt that Havoc OS is stable for the device

No GSI ROM is stable. Forget what those Indians say in those group. No GSI ROM is stable because it's never made for a particular device.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.