Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (297961 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2020
Horiolah:
Who can help me install twrp on my Redmi note 8 (lagos), bootloader unlocked, ejo.

You can actually do it yourself if you want to

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Emjace(m): 10:07am On Oct 15, 2020
Which would you pick between k30 ultra 8gb ram/ 236gb rom or poco f2 pro 6gb ram/ 128gb rom (same price)
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Horiolah(m): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2020
GrandMufti:

You can actually do it yourself if you want to

I don't have a laptop right now, I'm ready to go anywhere in lag if I could get someone to help me.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
GrandMufti:

Follow the instructions as given by the developer. Search your device's group or the rom's telegram group for the firmware zip file and other required files.

Flash the recommended gapps as posted in your screenshot.

Wipe as shown only if you are switching to an entirely different rom.

Wipe Dalvik and cache only if you intend to update your rom

Thank you sir smiley

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Sam2310(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
@GrandMufti, Olayinkajnr
Good day sir, i will like to open bootloader and change the ROM of Redmi Note 5AI.
What ROMs is best for the phone.
Is jboi.xx that will flash it for me.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
Guess who followed the instructions and still ran head first into a series of bootloops.
I ended up flashing miui about 4 times altogether.

Revenge os is not for me, maybe. The lineage based "iode os" actually worked but that microg thing frustrated my life

I think I'll just flash stable eu rom and enjoy my device

4 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
Derpfest android 11......... is on fire....coming soon

#Mi9T Pro

2 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2020
Sam2310:
@Gra ndMufti, Olayi nkajnr
Good day sir, i will like to open bootloader and change the ROM of Redmi Note 5AI.
What ROMs is best for the phone.
Is jboi.xx that will flash it for me.

Ion os with extended kernel v52

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
abdsamad:
Guess who followed the instructions and still ran head first into a series of bootloops.
I ended up flashing miui about 4 times altogether.

Revenge os is not for me, maybe. The lineage based "iode os" actually worked but that microg thing frustrated my life

I think I'll just flash stable eu rom and enjoy my device

Which magisk version did you Flash?

Which rom version did you download?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Which magisk version did you Flash?

Which rom version did you download?

it was revenge os 4.0 and it was the one for mi 9

I stayed on the magisk that was bundled with orangefox, v20.3. I flashed the magisk debug as they said.

My exact steps were:

Fresh install of miui 12.0.2
Install orangefox plus magisk 20.3
Boot to recovery
Format data then reboot to system
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Dalvik cache vendor art data
Queue ROM, magisk debug, DFE and nikgapps (core) in that order then flash all

Result: bootloop

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:12pm On Oct 16, 2020
abdsamad:

it was revenge os 4.0 and it was the one for mi 9

I stayed on the magisk that was bundled with orangefox, v20.3. I flashed the magisk debug as they said.

My exact steps were:

Fresh install of miui 12.0.2
Install orangefox plus magisk 20.3
Boot to recovery
Format data then reboot to system
Reboot to recovery
Wipe Dalvik cache vendor art data
Queue ROM, magisk debug, DFE and nikgapps (core) in that order then flash all

Result: bootloop

(Once you format data, no need for wiping before flashing rom)

And firmware?

I hope you know it's Android R you flashed?

You will do yourself well by spending time on your device telegram group.

Every information you need is there

Modified****

Try to boot first before installing magisk.

Use magisk debug, reboot to system, install magisk 21 thru magisk manager, reboot.

Check the comments from your screenshot on page 3 onwards.

Or better stick with Q rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2020
@abdsamad, sorry. Replied you but spam bot banned me.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LaMujer: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2020
genius43:

Try another cord, if it continues you go back to stock

Worked like magic
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Sam2310(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Ion os with extended kernel v52
can u help me with the link sir or i should contact u on telegram group
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

(Once you format data, no need for wiping before flashing rom)

And firmware?

I hope you know it's Android R you flashed?

You will do yourself well by spending time on your device telegram group.

Every information you need is there

Modified****

Try to boot first before installing magisk.

Use magisk debug, reboot to system, install magisk 21 thru magisk manager, reboot.

Check the comments from your screenshot on page 3 onwards.

Or better stick with Q rom

I was there on the telegram group (for the rom) o but i didn't get as much info as i thought i would. I chose R (for gapps) because the revenge os rom i flashed is based on android 11; I guess i messed that one up cos i didn't think flashing android 11 was a problem.

What if i already have magisk 21 installed before flashing the rom, would i still have to go through all those steps?

I'll go to the proper telegram group as you suggested. Thanks for the help
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
abdsamad:

I was there on the telegram group (for the rom) o but i didn't get as much info as i thought i would. I chose R (for gapps) because the revenge os rom i flashed is based on android 11; I guess i messed that one up cos i didn't think flashing android 11 was a problem.

What if i already have magisk 21 installed before flashing the rom, would i still have to go through all those steps?

I'll go to the proper telegram group as you suggested. Thanks for the help

Once you wipe, the only thing that remains is TWRP.

The first bootup should take long. I hope you didn't mistake that for bootloop?

If it's stuck on bootscreen for a longtime, force restart.

If it's still stuck on the same screen after restart, reboot to recovery and flash magisk uninstaller zip file.

Or just clean flash. This time just flash only rom, fde and gapps, then reboot.
Then you can try installing magisk. Follow the method to magisk in the previous post

Remember you have to install magisk v21 from magisk manager app.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
Sam2310:
can u help me with the link sir or i should contact u on telegram group

Yes DM
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 8:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
olayinkajnr:
@abdsamad, sorry. Replied you but spam bot banned me.

I refreshed several times looking for the reply until I became convinced that my mind was playing tricks on me cos it clearly showed you had the last post on the thread

Thanks for taking the time. Meanwhile, Grandmufti has been schooling me. I'm sure he's rolling his eyes like: look at this one, you'll just spoil your phone, be pressing everything anyhow wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by abdsamad(m): 8:41pm On Oct 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Once you wipe, the only thing that remains is TWRP.

The first bootup should take long. I hope you didn't mistake that for bootloop?

If it's stuck on bootscreen for a longtime, force restart.

If it's still stuck on the same screen after restart, reboot to recovery and flash magisk uninstaller zip file.

Or just clean flash. This time just flash only rom, fde and gapps, then reboot.
Then you can try installing magisk. Follow the method to magisk in the previous post

Remember you have to install magisk v21 from magisk manager app.

I'll try again when i get home tomorrow. Thanks for being so detailed
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
abdsamad:

I refreshed several times looking for the reply until I became convinced that my mind was playing tricks on me cos it clearly showed you had the last post on the thread

Thanks for taking the time. Meanwhile, Grandmufti has been schooling me. I'm sure he's rolling his eyes like: look at this one, you'll just spoil your phone, be pressing everything anyhow wink

Lol... It's actually rare to brick your phone with aosp roms.

You can always reach out on telegram.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2020
Bugs or omissions in Derpfest ROM android 11 on Mi9T Pro:
-- rooting with magisk v21 not successful, booted to fastboot. I couldn't restore my apps with Migrate since there is no root access. I reflashed d ROM to boot to system
-- No follow come applock feature
-- No inbuilt Fm radio
--No face ID
-- Laptop doesn't recognise my phone even with USB debugging allowed, no files sharing between laptop and phone
--Very limited customisations
embarassed embarassed embarassed tongue embarassed undecided undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Horiolah(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2020
Horiolah:
Who can help me install twrp on my Redmi note 8 (lagos), bootloader unlocked, ejo.

Still searching oh
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2020
Super VOOC charging 5% to 95% in a hr

#Derpfest ROM android R

cc: saint2ace
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2020
busuyi44:

#Derpfest ROM android R

Mogbẹ́ � ..... I no want this type abeg. But still very impressive. I get up to 3.1a on my mi9t with stock MIUI and a 30w pd charger
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2020
busuyi44:

#Derpfest ROM android R

Forcing your phone that isn't 2 cell to do this isn't advisable in the long run.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 8:54pm On Oct 18, 2020
genius43:

Forcing your phone that isn't 2 cell to do this isn't advisable in the long run.

Me just dey look o

3 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 11:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
wink

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Otu7(m): 5:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Please how do i save contacts on my sim 2.. when ever i want to save a new contact i get the option of sim1, phone storage, gmail but i never get the option of sim2...pls
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Pls guys explain ,does Xiaomi phones has different drivers for each device or what does this means

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
Horiolah:

Did U unlock bootloader,if yes,how. And by now did got help in installing twrp.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
olayinkajnr:
Guys, please it won't take anything to research your phone first before getting it, and secondly before even tweaking it.

For those that are using MTK variants of Xiaomi devices, know that even with an unlocked bootloader and a bricked phone, there's a 99% chance that you'll still need an authenticated mi account before you can flash that phone via SP flash tools.

A case where someone used mi flash tools instead of SP flash tools to flash global fastboot rom on a MTK Redmi device. A very costly mistake.

Pls guide me , I wanna unlock bootloader,install twrp and root my redmi note 8. Files I need on my pc and the magisk I should use to avoid bootloop. I don't change ROM on my ohines,only rooting.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by John131: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Mcslize:
Hello guys, how good is Redmi note 8? Who is currently using it here? Does it give problem?

I'm using redmi note 8 for a year or so. No issue still on stock ROM cos I don't change ROM for my phone .all I wanna do now is rooting the phone now .

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.