Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (298166 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
Thykingdomcom:
Olayinkajnr thanks once again. It was a crazy ordeal migrating from A10 MIUI 12.0.3 RN8 to A11 crDroid 7.3. I opted for Derpfeast A10, which is beautiful, clean & smooth so far. I got an OTA already, I wanted to be sure on how to go about it;
download
boot to OFOX
flash and wipe caches or repeat alighted without wiping caches. Thanks, do have a splendid day!

It'll flash automatically itself. Either ways, make sure you have a zip file of the update before allowing it to flash. In case.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by saint2ace(m): 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
saint2ace:
Hello Guys has any Redmi note 9s (Global) user being able to unlock bootloader, keeps giving errors everytime and keeps resetting my timer back to 168hrs (7days).

I've been trying for close to 2 months now same issue, meanwhile I've unlocked 2 other devices (RN7 and RN5a prime) using separate accounts.

Any advice pls? Tried using it as it is but I can't, I hate Google mags and dialer and with the last update to android 11, I can no longer hear calls, had to switch back to my other phone. Make una help abeg.

Thanks everyone, finally got this sorted. Guess it was my antivirus that was causing the whole drama, turned it off and bootloader unlocked with no issues, also flashed the Indian ROM with mi dailer, contact and messages.

Once again thank you all for Ur time
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by brandon180(m): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2021
genius43:

People that are using it aren't complaining.
People who are using it are complaining about the camera, especially the front camera.
Is there a gcam available for the redmi 9T
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2021
brandon180:

People who are using it are complaining about the camera, especially the front camera.
Is there a gcam available for the redmi 9T

There is a Gcam. You can check XDA DEVELOPERS.

But to be honest it is a budget device so you shouldn't expect too much in the camera department.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by brandon180(m): 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
genius43:

There is a Gcam. You can check XDA DEVELOPERS.

But to be honest it is a budget device so you shouldn't expect too much in the camera department.
But between redmi 9 and redmi9T
Which would you advice me to do for.
I am interested in the performance because I multitask a lot.
And the camera has to be good enough.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
brandon180:

You are placing too much expectations on your budget to be honest.

Macbeyland has 6/128GB Redmi 9t get zit before it goes out of stock.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by brandon180(m): 1:33am On Mar 23, 2021
genius43:

You are placing too much expectations on your budget to be honest.

Macbeyland has 6/128GB Redmi 9t get zit before it goes out of stock.
so you would rather I get the note 9?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 2:31am On Mar 23, 2021
brandon180:
so you would rather I get the note 9?

Except you say RN9s
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Thykingdomcom: 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2021
ArrowOS 11...light, fast, buttery smooth user interface.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 1:40am On Mar 29, 2021
Thykingdomcom:
ArrowOS 11...light, fast, buttery smooth user interface.

Arrow os make sense. Is there any bug?. I enjoyed it on my Redmi Note 4. But for my new Redmi Note 9s am even yet to unlock it let alone installing TWRP.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Thykingdomcom: 4:54am On Mar 29, 2021
honsule:

Arrow os make sense. Is there any bug?. I enjoyed it on my Redmi Note 4. But for my new Redmi Note 9s am even yet to unlock it let alone installing TWRP.

Making sense! No bugs at the moment. This would be my daily driver. As for the smoothness, I read on xda, can't really remember again but it says something about the OS having an inbuilt custom kernel with refresh rate at 90hz.

Modified
QuicksilveR v2.5 kernel is inbuilt with the ROM and for ginkgo & willow.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2021
Thykingdomcom:

Making sense! No bugs at the moment. This would be my daily driver. As for the smoothness, I read on xda, can't really remember again but it says something about the OS having an inbuilt custom kernel with refresh rate at 90hz.

Better flash non OC kernel or port away from that rom if you love your screen
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2021
GrandMufti:

Screen no too cost na around 16-18k pere.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by JamOSneh: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2021
hello guru pls how can i change the Mac address of my Xiaomi redmi 8a dey block us from using factory wi-fi where i work, so I saw it online dat changing Mac address of a phone can make some one connect back to wi-fi dat a particular phone as been blocking
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Thykingdomcom: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2021
GrandMufti:

Thanks Grandmufti. Kindly suggest a kernel to flash. I kinda like the rom. Thanks
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
Thykingdomcom:

Thanks Grandmufti. Kindly suggest a kernel to flash. I kinda like the rom. Thanks

It's device specific. Just search arrow os chat
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:29pm On Mar 29, 2021
genius43:

Screen no too cost na around 16-18k pere.

grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Thykingdomcom: 7:21pm On Mar 29, 2021
GrandMufti:

It's device specific. Just search arrow os chat

I searched on TG, the recommended kernel for ginkgo is QuicksilveR kernel. I have the v2.4, there is a latest v2.5. Kindly advise. Thanks.

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 11:14am On Mar 30, 2021
Thykingdomcom:

I searched on TG, the recommended kernel for ginkgo is QuicksilveR kernel. I have the v2.4, there is a latest v2.5. Kindly advise. Thanks.

You can try latest. Though I don't use ginkgo.

Test Gcam after rebooting
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Thykingdomcom: 1:00pm On Mar 30, 2021
GrandMufti:

QuicksilveR v2.5 kernel is inbuilt with the ROM and for ginkgo & willow.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Emmyreal4(m): 2:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
Finally installed a custom recovery and flashed a custom recovery.

All thanks to olayinkajnr, GrandMufti,busuyi44 for your assistance yesterday,I appreciate.

See as my phone come sweet grin

Redmi note 8
Corvus os A11

3 Likes

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by officialteemi(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
Does redmi note 9 support gcam?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
officialteemi:
Does redmi note 9 support gcam?

There is no Xiaomi phone released from 2019 and above that doesn't support GCam out of the box. The only problem is not all phones get attention from GCam modders.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by officialteemi(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
genius43:

There is no Xiaomi phone released from 2019 and above that doesn't support GCam out of the box. The only problem is not all phones get attention from GCam modders.
Thanks boss..
U sabi this thing No be jazz
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by postdigger(m): 11:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
olayinkajnr:

It'll flash automatically itself. Either ways, make sure you have a zip file of the update before allowing it to flash. In case.

Please what's the easiest way to flash my redmi with my system, I've not done it before.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2021
postdigger:

Please what's the easiest way to flash my redmi with my system, I've not done it before.

What do you wanna flash?

Fastboot ROM or custom ROM?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by BionicAllianc3(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
brandon180:

Tbh the gcma on Redmi 9t is lit. I compared with the normal camera and they're not mates.
Download gcamator to get the best gcam for your device.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by postdigger(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
olayinkajnr:

What do you wanna flash?

Fastboot ROM or custom ROM?
I'm a noob in this thing, my phone has been having some issues, when I play sounds like music or voice note it keeps cracking, I also can't make calls it keep saying call ended I've done hard reboot many times.

So I just want to flash it. Although I haven't rooted or flashed it before.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by javaRookie: 8:38am On Apr 06, 2021
Uhmm Guys, I got a new Redmi 9T just yesterday and this new update for miui 12.0.7 or so popped, so I downloaded it and hit the reboot now button.
The phone went off and counted to about 60% then went off by itself. Since morning it haven't turned on.
I have tried hitting the power button to no effect? My first time using Redmi brand and problems abounds like this...

NOTE: I didn't touch it during the upgrade of miui and i have a full bar of about 90% battery.

Pls you guys should come to my aid... saved up for this phone and haven't even enjoyed it yet. Just a day-old phone.

olayinkajnr, GrandMufti, busuyi44

FIXED!!! JUST DID A FORCE RESRART. THANKS GUYS!!
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by donmarvex1(m): 8:43am On Apr 06, 2021
Hey everyone does GCAM work on Redmi 9C?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by genius43(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2021
donmarvex1:
Hey everyone does GCAM work on Redmi 9C?

It supports but no Gcam Port for that device. The truth is modders hardly pay attention to budget devices worst a device using an MTK Chipset.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 10:48am On Apr 06, 2021
postdigger:

I'm a noob in this thing, my phone has been having some issues, when I play sounds like music or voice note it keeps cracking, I also can't make calls it keep saying call ended I've done hard reboot many times.

So I just want to flash it. Although I haven't rooted or flashed it before.

Are you sure you are ready to learn?

Do you have a laptop?

Flashing ROM is risky but once you get a hang of it, you are good to go.

Let me add a disclaimer like the developers of custom ROMs do:

I shall not be liable for any damage, tsunami, nuclear bomb and or earthquake that might result from unlocking your bootloader and flashing a custom ROM.

If you accept, send me a DM on telegram: OlayinkaJnr is my username, stating your device name with a screenshot of the about section.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.