Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (298368 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by LEGITLAYO: 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
Update!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your input guys.

So last night, I downloaded a gcam app and opened it.
Well, it's a bit old with limited features but it wasn't crashing at all.
It had slow motion for the back camera which couldn't change from 120fps.
No slow mo for front facing camera tho and a poor video quality for front facing camera.
Back camera gave very sharp images, but the portrait mode isn't working.
Front camera gives dark images after taking a picture, unless you snap without hdr ( I mean, what is gcam without its hdr).
Front camera takes excellent selfies, that are very sharp and gcam quality immediately you take a picture with the back camera.
Ie: if you open the gcam app and try to take pictures with front cam immediately, you'll get dark images, but if you first take a shot with the back camera, then change it to the front camera and take pictures, you'll see your pictures and not dark images.
So far, I don't know if I can cope with it that way or I should look for another one.
But those are my observations so far.
The major cons are the bad front camera video quality and the fact that front camera can't take slow motion videos. cheesy
Thanks so much guys for your input, you can suggest any other help if it's not too much to ask.
Cc Gptech adamix daamazing acekid109.

Below is the version of gcam I downloaded

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by daamazing(m): 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
darkhorizon:
Hello Guys, I just updated to miui 10 stable for Redmi 5a. I enabled camera2api through buildprop editor but Google Camera crashes everytime I open it.
Please help.

Gptech, grandmufti, daamazing, adamix, Fibonacci2526
Google camera doesn't work on MIUI 10 yet(may have been fixed already).
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by darkhorizon: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
daamazing:

Ah cry
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Press and hold the power button for some time
Done and sorted. Thanks for your help.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 4:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Gptech:

We use same device, though mine is older, battery still stellar and I have this impression say I press phone pass you grin.

Battery still stellar? Like how many hours? Does it last for a day? Or maybe 12 hours
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by honsule(m): 4:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
lilmonarch:
when u start getting 2hrs SOT grin

Yeah, 2hrs then.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Gptech(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
honsule:

Battery still stellar? Like how many hours? Does it last for a day? Or maybe 12 hours
Naaa, my usage normally gives me around 10 hours SOT, I now get a little less than that.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Essont(m): 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
please another silly question, is there any difference between the global version and the CN with a global rom of RN5a?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Abubanty: 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Pls is there a way to expand notification like in stock Android. I don check tire. Currently using masik 1.7

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by fibonacci2526: 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
daamazing:

Works flawlessly on Poco though, even the night sight if you are on the official pie beta rom.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Mykelpato(m): 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
GrandMufti Oga boss I greet you,

I have a 3weeks RN5 and I want to have the experience of Gcam, I have read the previous steps of bootloader unlock and all that.

Now my phone gave me an update about the new MIUI version 10.0.4.0 and I want to update it this night..
pls o want to ask if after updating.. Is the process of installing Gcam on my phone going to change.. Pls guide me.
My phone came with MIUI 9.6
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:35am On Nov 27, 2018
Mykelpato:
GrandMufti Oga boss I greet you,

I have a 3weeks RN5 and I want to have the experience of Gcam, I have read the previous steps of bootloader unlock and all that.

Now my phone gave me an update about the new MIUI version 10.0.4.0 and I want to update it this night..
pls o want to ask if after updating.. Is the process of installing Gcam on my phone going to change.. Pls guide me.
My phone came with MIUI 9.6

No
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by acekid109(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
Abubanty:
Pls is there a way to expand notification like in stock Android. I don check tire. Currently using masik 1.7
long press notification
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Cc pussymoneyweed
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by yusuff4u2c(m): 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
I'm unable to update to mui 10.0.4 on my note 5 AI.... I have tried twice and I get [ unable to verify....] as response each time... Please is there any safe alternative?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Abubanty: 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
acekid109:
long press notification

Thanks for the response. this works but i finally got where u can change the notification style from miui to android.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by acekid109(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Abubanty:

Thanks for the response. this works but i finally got where u can change the notification style from miui to android.
alright grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
lilmonarch:
when u start getting 2hrs SOT grin
Which android 9 based custom rom are you using now on MI Max 2?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
yusuff4u2c:
I'm unable to update to mui 10.0.4 on my note 5 AI.... I have tried twice and I get [ unable to verify....] as response each time... Please is there any safe alternative?

Unlock bootloader and flash fastboot rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by yusuff4u2c(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
GrandMufti:

Unlock bootloader and flash fastboot rom
My bootloader is unlocked but I don't know what the second aspect entails
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2018
yusuff4u2c:

My bootloader is unlocked but I don't know what the second aspect entails

You can use your phone like that for now wink
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by lilmonarch(m): 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
busuyi44:

Which android 9 based custom rom are you using now on MI Max 2?
Arrow os bro

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
lilmonarch:
Arrow os bro
Tnx. Less bug and good as daily driver?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
lilmonarch:
Arrow os bro

Which Google apps gapps options work with Arrow OS?

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by lilmonarch(m): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
busuyi44:

Tnx. Less bug and good as daily driver?
sure, with better battery backup. Make sure you download the latest v6.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by lilmonarch(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
busuyi44:

Which Google apps gapps options work with Arrow OS?
i use nano.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 1:34am On Nov 28, 2018
lilmonarch:
i use nano.
Meh!! Finally flashed d Arrow OS Android 9.0 Pie based custom ROM on Mi Max 2
First bugs :slow charging, can't find Magisk despite flashing it along with the Arrow OS wink
Gptech
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 5:59am On Nov 28, 2018
busuyi44:

Meh!! Finally flashed d Arrow OS Android 9.0 Pie based custom ROM on Mi Max 2
First bugs :slow charging, can't find Magisk despite flashing it along with the Arrow OS wink
Gptech

Install magisk manager
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:17am On Nov 28, 2018
GrandMufti:

Install magisk manager
Done! Morning sir

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2018
busuyi44:

Done! Morning sir

You should also have magisk Uninstaller zip file in your internal memory. Flash it anytime magisk bootloops your phone
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Oyeleye101(m): 9:19am On Nov 28, 2018
Abubanty:
U mean like this?

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 10:54am On Nov 28, 2018
Abduletudaye:

I really dont know which to use right now..

Ive rocked AEX for like two months now and i need to move on... Any ideas?

MIRoom, masik, MI ms and many more

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.