Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:48 AM

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body (33752 Views)

Lady Negotiates The Number Of Children She Wants With Her Husband / In My 7 Years Of Marriage My Husband Has Never Complimented Me / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by solomoneey: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2018
GOSSIPLOUD.COM

Few days ago, a Nigerian doctor via his twitter handle, shared the story of how a husband connived with his doctor to remove his wife's womb because he doesn't want her to have more children. This happened in Festac town, Lagos.

According to the husband, himself and his wife agreed to have just three children but now they have five. After the birth of the 5th child, he connived with the doctor to remove her womb without her consent. He said he cannot see himself using condom to have sex with his wife. The wife has also stated previously that she doesn't like taking birth control pills because they make her bloated. Read story here.

This morning, the hosts of TVC's show, The View, discussed the issue and one of the presenters, Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her.

According to her, it is the culture that we practice. She stated that traditional weddings have been created to give the impression that a woman is being bought by a man.

https://gossiploud.com/2018/08/24/your-husband-has-the-right-to-do-whatever-he-wants-with-your-body-presenter-tope-mark-odigie/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Michael8026: 11:59am On Aug 24, 2018
we know

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why didn't he have a Vasectomy instead

Now that's a selfish man.

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

I strongly disagree with this.

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by chiommy123(f): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
whether she is comfortable with it or not?

13 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by alterswerve(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Culturally.. Yes..

The stupid traditions.. That make a man spend his 5 years savings on the family of the girl he's about to marry..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by eph12(m): 12:24pm On Aug 24, 2018
Orla234:
Why didn't he have a Vasectomy instead

Now that's a selfish man.

"Tope Mark-Odigie, was of the opinion that as long as a woman has gotten married to a man traditionally, he has the right to do whatever he wants to do with her".

I strongly disagree with this.
While I don't agree with that opinion, I think things can really change when ladies fight tradition. They have to make sure that their families don't exploit their suitors. It's easier in the western world because nobody is asking for money or material stuff in exchange for their daughter

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by alterswerve(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2018
eph12:

While I don't agree with that opinion, I think things can really change when ladies fight tradition. They have to make sure that their families don't exploit their suitors. It's easier in the western world because nobody is asking for money or material stuff in exchange for their daughter

These same ladies in their prime will pride themselves in the large amounts in cash and kind paid for their hand in marriage, but close to the end of their prime, start shilohing

The ladies don't fight tradition.. They enjoy it.. So..

Whoever pays the piper..

Things that cost more than money are more valuable than things that do

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by WavesOfGlory(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by samzzycash(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
Okay He can also drag you to the bedroom with your breast. Tie your breast to the selling and insert huge pipe into your kpomo.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by queensera(f): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

She also has a right to do whatever she wants with her husband... including vasectomy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by millionboi(m): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
I can turn u to any side
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
shocked shocked

whoever made that statement or agrees with it is mentally deranged.

Marriage is an agreement to live and help each other attain the highest possible goals in life not to mutilate one another

Stupid people!! Weird generation

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by SIMPLYkush: 1:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
true, he can even suck your pussy in church
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by kolafolabi(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Really? That's her personal opinion which she is entitled

3 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by brainbox34(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Bawizzo(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Before nko
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by omooba969(m): 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Lol
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by BruncleZuma: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Nope, there are limits to what the husband can do ...having séx with his wife without her consent is rape.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by peacettw: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2018
Why is this even a discussion? This is wrong on so many levels. I can understand the husband acting out of ignorance. But that doctor should be sued and his licence revoked.

13 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by AngelicBeing: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by crunchyg: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Yes I agree but only when you are not fasting

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Yelutide: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by manci(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
What if he die before her and her future husband needs kids and give the woman option to produce children's for him or get a divorce letter .

3 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by ednut1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bride price shud be scrapped. Its barbaric

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by faithfull18(f): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Gibsonworld05(m): 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2018
Traditionally, I concur but it is a wrong mindset

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by iammo(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
smiley thrash, am sure the man would kill any future in-law that try such with his daughter that he spent all his life's work and hustle training .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by omooba969(m): 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
WavesOfGlory:
2 way street.

Haaaaa!

3 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by wildchild1: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2018
hmmmm

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys
Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Nonyofor35: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Iberiberism

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by mysteryman2014: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
chiommy123:
whether she is comfortable with it or not?

My sister I tire o.

What if morrow they separate, and the woman decides to have another child for her new hubby, what happens?

Such unilateral decision is condemnable in all its ramifications, there should be no justification whatsoever.

7 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body by Fierce11: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
Finally!. A topic for me to masturbate and feast on!..
Yes.. Where are those sons and daughters of 'They-Became-One-During-Marriage'? ehn? where are y'all that attacked me in that post where i cultivated my seed in support of freedom, choice and freewill in a relationship? Y'all should better come out from your pits of shame.
I support the presenter with all totality.. Since they are 'one', he has EVERY RIGHT to do whatever he pleases with her body whether she accepts or not..(same goes with her).. You do not need any approval to do what you want and how ever you want to do it with your body.. In this case, some nlanders already made it clear to me in a previous thread, that the 'two have become one'.. So tell me again, do you need any approval to masturbate? Do you need any approval to scratch your ears? Hell no! So why was she seeking for approval before he extracts her womb? Lmao.. If I were him, i would have removed her clit too.. who her sensation epp? nonsenxes

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Left Us / My Brother's Relationship Is Under A Serious Threat / Why Is It That After Marriage Couples No Longer Find Themselves Attractive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.