Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women (23592 Views)

Yul Edochie Replies Critics On 2nd Wife, Says 'Real Men Own Up' / Francis Odigie Calls Out Dumez Edo, Her Baby Daddy (Video) / Why Omotola Jolade Is A Big FOOL For Her Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by stane007: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2018
TVC Presenter Tope Mark-Odigie, has given clarity on her controversial statement that men own women.

Tope in a post she shared on her social media handle this evening, said she does not in anyway support this idea where women are objectified and handed over as some property to men as our culture dictates. She says she hopes that the comments will help bring to the fore the need for this cultural mindset to be expunged.

Read post below;

“I have seen multiple tweets, comments, prayers and curses.

Let me set the records straight.

My comments on the show depict the reality of our society, which I don’t agree with, but is our TRUTH.
It is our CULTURE, we don’t need to like it, but we must not play ostriches.

We must face it head on and address it.

As long we celebrate the buying of women (in the name of TRADITIONAL WEDDING) our men will feel entitled to do whatever pleases them with their possessions.

We must change this negative culture that has perpetually “OBJECTIFIED” women.

Culture has evolved over many generations.
We have continually expunged parts that do not serve us – like the killing of twins and albinos.

It is time to expunge seeing women as Properties .
It is time to expunge buying and selling of women.
It’s time to expunge all violence against women.”

Source: https://lailasnews.com/tope-mark-odigie-gives-clarity-on-her-statement-that-men-own-women/

Lalasticlala

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by OneStep3: 7:53pm On Aug 24, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Tallesty1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2018
I said the same thing sometime ago and people called for my hand(they can't have my head) . Nigeria women that ask for equality in marriage after her family collected thousands from her husband in the name of marriage/bride price are deceiving themselves.

Let's analyze marriage in Nigerian way.

Step 1. You asked for a girl's hand in marriage and she accepts.

Step 1. You do introduction.

Step 3. You fix date for the traditional marriage and her people bill you heavily.

Step 4. If if you bring the items in the list and they're satisfied with what you brought and the bride price or selling price, you can sugar coat it bride price to make them feel better.

Step 5. They will hand their Daughter over to you and she changes her name immediately. That's change of ownership for you.

If the above scenario doesn't appear to you as pure business arrangement and transaction then I don't know what will.

You own what you pay for. Even a kid knows that

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by BruncleZuma: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2018

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Sirpaul(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2018
Good one " Tope Mark-Odigie

6 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Pabloosas(m): 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
grin
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by hightempo(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
K
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Gabrie300(m): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Fucking Feminist
You all shall die

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
This lady does say a lot of shiit

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by momodub: 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by HumanistMike(m): 8:10pm On Aug 24, 2018
She said nothing wrong. Her logic is spot on. Women in general hate the truth thus the vitriol she got.

Traditional marriage is sexist against men. It's a pity a lot of men don't realise it. If you pay for love, you're being short changed.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Is she subtly saying that traditional marriage should be abolished?

1 Like

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Bossontop(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
undecided
When she for don lock up she still dear escalate issues for hersef......mtheeww.....make i dey go jareh i don vex

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by okwabayi(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
I thought broadcasters had troll accounts for such statements? It’s a practice in the industry.
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by BrainBox4N(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
Honestly, our culture is part of our problem.

By the way, I just wished 30% modern-day ladies are like these smart.

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by IamAirforce1: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Men own women . There's no denying that .

Even president buhari once told his wife she belongs to the other room .

In the olden days. Women are seen but not heard .

So the TVC presenter is on point .

11 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by babakb: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Men are the leaders of women

4 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Sisijetue(f): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Women are the most confused set of beings grin

8 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by killsmith(f): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2018
Of course men own women.... In economics a commodity is anything that can be purchased with money... Ladies of this generation sell themselves to the highest bidder... They are commodities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by asawanathegreat(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2018
She is only making noise so that she will be more popular. She should meet Ben Bruce for common sense lesson.

3 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by statusquoante: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
Finally, Your View makes it to Nairaland.
She has 3 sons... smiley

Modified:
Just watched the repeat broadcast.
She was just playing the devil's advocate.

Dullards everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by jembalord: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
na she sabi...
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by tatibillion: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2018
TVC presenter dn cast
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Johnson5258: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Better
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by advocatebaba(m): 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2018
Ishilove:
This lady does say a lot of shiit
Which kind of $hit is she talking about the one in ur anu$ or what u just spoke $hit dear.

12 Likes

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by 9japarrot: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
Yes of course
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by enemyofprogress: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
I ate that lady
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by hopexter(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
When she for don lock up she still dear escalate issues for hersef......mtheeww.....make i dey go jareh i don vex

Go wear your napkin first, No go far oo make headminers no objectify you oo cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by Bossontop(m): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
[sub][/sub]
Re: Tope Mark-odigie Gives Clarity On Her Statement That Men Own Women by olatade(m): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2018
talkative woman

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reekado Banks Features In His First Nollywood Movie. Spotted On A Movie Set / BBNaija's Alex Replies Non-fan Who Said She Is Trying To Emulate Cee-c / Rita Dominic At Genevieve Magazine Summer Party(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.