Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner (18780 Views)

Uche Edochie: My Family Is Not In Support Of Yul Edochie's Second Marriage / Yul Edochie: "My Mother Predicted My Future" (Photos) / Yul Edochie: My Son's First Day In Secondary School (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by ebusnwaoma: 5:22am On Aug 25, 2018
I Am Not Under Pressure To Surpass Pete Edochie’s Achievements – Yul Edochie

Nollywood actor turned politician, Yul Edochie, who is one of the sons of veteran actor and heavyweight, Pete Edochie, has disclosed that he is not under pressure to surpass his father's achievements. 

Yul Edochie who disclosed that he was named after an actor called Yul Brynner, stated that he is just out to play his part in the society.

“It is not my plan to fill my father’s shoes; I have just set out to play my part in the society. I am not under any pressure to surpass my father’s achievements in the movie industry. I am just here, being myself. I have always loved acting and mimicking people. At a very early age, it was obvious that I was also going to become an actor. I was named after an actor called Yul Brynner. However, I am not under any pressure to surpass my father.”

Yul Edochie further disclosed that his father did not initially like the fact that he ventured into politics, till explained to him that youths need to embrace politics in order to change the society. He told Saturday Beats;

“My father does not like politics. He did not really like the idea of me venturing into politics but I made him realise that if we are all shying away from politics, who is going to save this country? So he just had to give me his support because everybody has been shying away from politics for too long and that is why Nigeria is the way it is. I would say that he is supporting me all the way.”

The actor further disclosed that his deep voice had endeared him to a lot of his fans, especially the female folks. According to him, he often gets compliments about his baritone voice.

“I hear that a lot of people love my voice but honestly, I do not really know what I sound like,” he said.

https://lailasnews.com/i-am-not-under-pressure-to-surpass-pete-edochies-achievements-yul-edochie/

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by KingSatan: 5:27am On Aug 25, 2018
I also love your baritone voice.

You will make a good chorister my son.

I can only imagine you singing my favourite African music "El grante doux pasion".

I will be waiting for you in Hell.
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by itspzpics(m): 5:30am On Aug 25, 2018
OK we don hear
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Merimental(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2018
Pete is lyk Hollywood's Bruce Willis...Men who hav stamped der signatory style of acting fused wit humour,action n integrity only a few can boast of in d industry.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by medexico(m): 7:03am On Aug 25, 2018
Even if you are under pressure, you cannot reach his level talk less of surpassing it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Nobody: 7:14am On Aug 25, 2018
medexico:
Even if you are under pressure, you cannot reach his level talk less of surpassing it.
Well said, you just spoke my mind.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by dollytino4real(f): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2018
u are even going to be far above ur father achievement not supress, the son will be greater than the father

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
Nice meeting you Yul!
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Realname: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
I tired , I really did .. I mean I really wanted to but I just couldn't.

It isn't easy but I gave it my best .

I tried to care but just couldn't muster a single fùck to give about this

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by BruncleZuma: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by theoldpretender(m): 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
I was named after an actor called Yul Brynner.

For those that don't know...Yul Brynner was one of the great Hollywood actors of the 1950's and 60's....appeared in films like 'The ten Commandments', the King and I and Westworld.

Died in 1985 due to lung cancer. His last TV appearance was in a small TV ad advising people not to smoke cigarettes...as his chain smoking led to his lung cancer...

Known for his awesome bald head. Originally from Russia.

Personal favourite of mine. Always thought he was very masterful...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yul_Brynner

8 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Offpoint: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2018
Didn't read the write up, but just love the 2 last photos.... beautiful.

Do you know I'm a graphics designer? let me handle your graphics works professionally for an affordable prices. please kindly patronize me and be quick before I die and go to graphic designers heaven. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by ugosben(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
grin
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by OKorowanta: 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
He should be raking in millions with his voice like Showolu and other voice over stars.
That voice can crack a WiFi password.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by thorpido(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yul Brynner........great actor.

'The ten commandments'.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by uchennamani(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
KingSatan:

I can only imagine you singing my favourite African music "El grante doux pasion".

Ewu

4 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by leonard002(m): 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
cool
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by enemyofprogress: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
Which baritone voice?dey there dey deceive yourself
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by enemyofprogress: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
post=70596556:
Nice meeting you Yul!
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2018
This man is always playing one role in movies: A poor village boy who is looked down upon and mocked by others because he is poor.As a result of the mockery,he joins occultist group,sacrifices someone for ritual money and eventually make lots of cash.Towards the end of the movie,the spirit of the person he sacrificed start to haunt him.The movie usually ends in two possible ways: Either he repents and give his life to Christ or is killed by the spirit of the person he sacrificed.But the second ending is always the case.Nollywood don tire person abeg

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by valgbo(m): 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
KingSatan:

Who da Bleep are you,
your transmission be wreaking havoc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by MaziEDOZIE(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Father N Son...lovely

3 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by fk001(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2018
My kinda voice, many girls don fall for me because of my voice and height...

cheesy cheesy
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by bobaydavid(m): 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
chivera018:
Well said, you just spoke my mind.

Even as time goes, he would reach His level and even pass him. The best is yet to come. To everything under the earth, time and Chance happens to them all.
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by AustineCJ: 4:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
Kimsokrates:
This man is always playing one role in movies: A poor village boy who is looked down upon and mocked by others because he is poor.As a result of the mockery,he joins occultist group,sacrifices someone for ritual money and eventually make lots of cash.Towards the end of the movie,the spirit of the person he sacrificed start to haunt him.The movie usually ends in two possible ways: Either he repents and give his life to Christ or is killed by the spirit of the person he sacrificed.But the second ending is always the case.Nollywood don tire person abeg
Shut up. you sound very dry.

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
Tell those who sent you that you did not see me.
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Olawale118(m): 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
KingSatan:

see how ur life don mumu reach

1 Like

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by IrepChrist: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
KingSatan:

He will not be in hell because CHRIST died for him ....Even if he is not converted yet, the mercy of God will locate him.

IrepChrist........ I represent Christ here.

2 Likes

Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by KingSatan: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
IrepChrist:

He will not be in hell because CHRIST died for him ....Even if he is not converted yet, the mercy of God will locate him.

IrepChrist........ I represent Christ here.

Shut the hell up!

Christ is my boy and you are my son.
Re: Yul Edochie: My Baritone Voice, I Was Named After Yul Brynner by Premiumwriter: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
OKorowanta:
He should be raking in millions with his voice like Showolu and other voice over stars.
That voice can crack a WiFi password .
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Kris Humphries Rejected $10M From Kim Kardashian To Settle Divorce / Jude Legemah: "Many Nollywood Stars Cannot Act, We Cover Them Up" / D'banj With Akin Adesina At Kotoka Airport This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.