Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr (9826 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / WAFCON 2022: I’m Proud Of My Team – Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Mrakeli: 6:23am On Aug 25, 2018
Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr has declared support for his players who campaigned at the Russia 2018 World Cup for putting up what he called “a very encouraging performance.”

Speaking at the Ogunlana Drive offices of the Nigeria Football Federation in Lagos yesterday, the German tactician said, “I am proud of my players who went to the World Cup. They only lacked experience. We had a very young team that was very good and did very well. They were the least ranked team but put up a good fighting spirit. “It is disheartening that we did not get past the group stage. The future is bright.” Rohr had some reservations for the Video Assistant Referee(VAR), which he said had different interpretations for different teams. “VAR recognised handball for France but refused to award us handball in a similar situation,” he said, adding quickly, “but I do not like talking about referees.” Another factor Rohr counted worked against the Super Eagles in Russia was lack of support. “Nigerian supporters were outnumbered and the general atmosphere was not good enough for concentration. It was an experience worthwhile.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/08/im-proud-of-my-players-gernot-rohr.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2018
Proud of super chickens.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by sotall(m): 6:35am On Aug 25, 2018
Including Ighalo?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2018
GO EAGLES GO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:36am On Aug 25, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Which players?
SUPER EAGLES

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by NaijaFutbol: 6:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Correct
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by EXLOVER(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Y
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by baloest: 6:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Nice
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:36am On Aug 25, 2018
With your average player that can not even beat. The weak Argentina squad.. so why are you proud for.

1 Like

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by mysteriousman(m): 6:37am On Aug 25, 2018
I beg Ighalo join?
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 25, 2018
Abeg who know where shrine dey make we kukuma use ighalo as sacrifice to appease the gods wey talk say we no go fit beat Argentina for world cup

5 Likes

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by myproperty(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2018
why wont you be proud of the players you selected by yourself> if you have said otherwise, you would have been in the labour market. Enjoy naija's pay till the sack comes or till you leave on your own
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Galaticos444: 6:42am On Aug 25, 2018
But we aren't proud of u and ur players

3 Likes

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Tokziby: 6:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Hey shut up there!!!

Na u take ur hand kill urself.

First the Croatia match, u played Mikel a DM as a supporting striker, something u should have noticed in the Friendlies against England and Congo that u are playing him in the wrong position. An iwobi u should have given a free role, u kept him on the right and was even playing behind Mikel instead of playing him behind ighalo.
The match against Argentina, u really tried with the selection but ur greatest undoing was not bringing in fresh legs from the 75th minute to pack the bus. Even after Argentina scored u still had to wait to bring in ur strikers.
Abeg na u take ur hand do urself. You tried but the blame is on u. Forget VAR

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 25, 2018
Pls where's NFF office along Ogulana Drive?
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by johnsonjrule: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2018
Up super eagles
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Barthley: 7:06am On Aug 25, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
With your average player that can not even beat. The weak Argentina squad.. so why are you proud for.
were you expecting world class players in Nigeria squad

1 Like

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Afflalo(m): 7:12am On Aug 25, 2018
Super shall rise again
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Afflalo(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2018
Super Eagles shall rise again
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by garetz: 7:14am On Aug 25, 2018
Super Eagles fly higher
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:19am On Aug 25, 2018
And why is now proud of. His player.. when he can't even be proud of a player that score 20 goals in. Season in Europe.. do we. Have any player that score 20 goal. In that Nigeria.squad last season.
Barthley:
were you expecting world class players in Nigeria squad
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by blackaxe78: 7:28am On Aug 25, 2018
Statements like this reminds me of USSR in1965. Rohr won't say this statement if taken back to that time.
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2018
If you leave Nigeria e get anybody when go give you another job?
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by magzey: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2018
Galaticos444:
But we aren't proud of u and ur players
Haaa but why? U no fit beat Iceland if you are the coach undecided undecided pleas take fee bear grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by magzey: 7:45am On Aug 25, 2018
We have promising young talents the sky is our Limit
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2018
Gernot with a salary like that I'll be proud of anyone

1 Like

Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by oloriooko(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2018
I personally will support you cuz you have shown that you have genuine desire to raise a future team for this nation, I wish you the best sir
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by CChillz: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2018
If you like don't pack your shit. Know ye that when another African team meet the super eagles, they play like they will die if they don't win the super eagles
Re: I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr by Aystarz: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2018
oloriooko:
I personally will support you cuz you have shown that you have genuine desire to raise a future team for this nation, I wish you the best sir

Desire to raise a future team.... when he spends half the time overseas lounging.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lennart Johansson Dies At Age 89 / Gambian Referee For Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match / Aston Villa Appoint Dean Smith As New Coach, John Terry Assistant (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.