Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation (5648 Views)

This Is What Motorists Go Through On Ekpoma Road (video/pictures) / Motorists Spend Their Night On Ikoyi Road In Lagos For Violating Curfew / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by eyesoflagostv: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2018
LASTMA DEPLOYS 650 OFFICERS, SEEKS MOTORISTS’ COOPERATION
source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/08/lastma-deploys-650-officers-seeks.html

There is lot of efforts to ensure free flow of traffic through-out the four-day closure of Third Mainland Bridge for Investigative Maintenance Test, the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has deployed a total of 650 officials to all routes along the corridor.
Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, Addressing the specially-assembled traffic officers of the Agency, LASTMA’s General Manager, Mr Olawale Musa said in view of the strategic importance of the bridge to the economy of Lagos and Nigeria in general, the operation to control traffic during the closure would be treated as a major national assignment and a call to service.
According to him, the Agency was not oblivious of the volume of traffic on the bridge on hourly and daily basis, and the consequences of diverting such huge traffic on the alternative routes during the period, hence the need to see the cooperation of members of the public.
“As a professional Agency with requisite personnel and experience, I want to assure Lagosians that we would do everything to make sure that motorists and commuters are not subjected to any discomfort during the exercise.
“Our traffic officers have been adequately mandated to make sacrifices, demonstrate discipline and professionalism on all the alternative routes during the period of the closure of the Third Mainland Bridge,” he said.
While urging motorists and commuters to be patient and cooperative to ensure free flow of traffic on all alternative routes during the closure, the LASTMA boss said it was important for the public to strictly adhere to traffic rules and directives to ensure hitch-free exercise in the overall interest of all stakeholders.
“Already, we have mobilized six hundred and fifty (650) personnel with enough materials and other logistics to ensure free flow of traffic around the period. What we want from the public is strict adherence to traffic rules.
“Specifically, I like to plead with motorists to exercise patience on alternative routes and comply with traffic laws and directives of traffic officials,” Musa said.
He added that the provost and surveillance teams of the Agency have been alerted and directed to monitor individual conduct and performance of LASTMA officials on the concerned roads, just as he warned motorists that relevant laws would be fully enforced by the Agency to forestall impunity, chaos and disorderliness in order to ensure security and safety of all road users in the State.
He, however, advised motorists without urgent need to move to and fro the Island to avoid the alternative routes in view of the attendant traffic gridlock being anticipated.

1 Like

Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by TruthHurts100: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2018
Cooperate with criminals in uniforms?
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by abokibuhari: 8:14am On Aug 25, 2018
grin People way worse pass BEDBUGS grin

EVEN POLICE THEY HEAR ABEG
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by chikids(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2018
This people can take bribe !!!
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Horus(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJu0bSPO_I

LASTMA Promotes 400 Officers
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Glink2018(m): 8:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Make Dem go generate funds.

Ambode , u know what I mean now!!

Motorist, watch your back bcoz u might be wrongfully tax by ambode Boyz.
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Tobyarab(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2018
Liars. 650 where? are they invisible? the same alternative route we plied yesterday .
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Emmafe(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2018
Naija o

Check my signature for phone deals
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by mayze: 8:25am On Aug 25, 2018
Good development..it's just so unfortunate some people don't see anything good even if it's obvious and staring @ them like the ones above.

1 Like

Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Aug 25, 2018
TruthHurts100:
Cooperate with criminals in uniforms?

Lastma is the best thing to happen to Lagos traffic , leave all that bro

3 Likes

Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by 3rdavefarms(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2018
I ask them for my way in Lagos I don’t know why people run away from them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by danie09(m): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2018
A
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2018

except for sky rocketed prices of yellow bus fares the traffic is not as bad as I anticipated, I only spend 20-30 minutes extra on the road compare to other days but imagine paying #500 for what was #100 a day before, the irk in price is way too much but all the same thumb up to Lastna

Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by TruthHurts100: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2018
majamajic:

Lastma is the best thing to happen to Lagos traffic , leave all that bro

I've said the truth.
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by davillian(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2018
More than half of the money goes to their pockets, bunch of criminals.
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by Walking(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2018
The annoying thing is that they don't rise to occasion when needed.
You will never see them when it rains in lagos, and that is when traffic is at its highest volume..
So, what are they now controlling..
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by patani(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2018
TruthHurts100:

I've said the truth.

Leave the guy. He is a LASTMA OFFICER
Re: Lastma Deploys 650 Officers, Seeks Motorists’ Cooperation by TruthHurts100: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
patani:

Leave the guy. He is a LASTMA OFFICER
I thought as much.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Requirements To Travel By Local Flight From Portharcourt To Abuja) / The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help / Nigerians Cannot Apply Armenia Visa Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.