Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? (1568 Views)

My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name / My Wife's Family Has Ruined My Home And My Life / Big And Bold Husband And Wife Family Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Obalegend: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2018
I got a cheap land close to my wife's family house and I wish to erect my residential building there but have been worried about my privacy and my wife's family constant intervention in the future. Advise me, please.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by madridguy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wrong move bro.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by blackboy(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
Its your house. It will have gate right? Access control. It is not near your enemies house. If you are having problems with them, then maybe weight other options

8 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by YourImaginaryBF: 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
negatory.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by donbachi(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Very good..,but,triple ur food stuffs

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by yvesboss(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
Not too good a move cuz of the interference but come to think of it can you say the same if the land was closer to your own family house?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Wilfredpat22(f): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
Sir, you can build it because land now is very expensive but a disadvantage as you yourself has noticed is your privacy intrusion m because your place will be like their second home. They (Your in laws) can come at anytime and when they are leaving, you must give them money otherwise you will be seen as bad person.

Another disadvantage is, when you and your wife have misunderstanding, she can go to her parents place and report you, and put lies against you (You must be familiar with the way we Women behave) and as your place is a stone throw, they will storm your place and blast you even if it is not your fault or Satan fault.

Just make your place as strict and a bit hot so that they can get it that it is not every time they or anyone related can come. Because by so doing they will know the inner doings of what you are planning or going through

God bless you more sir
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Katier00(f): 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
I won't like it personally if I were to be your wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by OneCorner: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2018
Chase dem away or report dem to d police
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by breadplanets(f): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
OneCorner:
Chase dem away or report dem to d police
Why are you liadis? grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by midastouch040(f): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2018
Not advisable.
Same advice applies if the site was near your own family house. Except the pros outweigh the cons.
As fences make good neighbours, I also believe a little distance keeps good family /inlaw relationships.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by leonard002(m): 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
Don't do it sir

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Evacroft: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Is it their own house or they are renting,if they are renting then u have no problem but if it's their's, then u will have to be ready for family intrusion. Another thing is if they are a large family ,then be sure to see them more often. I guess u are asking cos u are a private person.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Annwrites: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wrong move. If I were you, I probably won't even let them know I bought that land.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by our9ja: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wrong move bro don’t build a house close to any family members because if you do ,it means they have access to ur house 24/7 .....
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by crackhaus: 3:24pm On Aug 26, 2018
Why did you acquire the land there in the first place if building a home on it for yourself was going to be an issue?

Well you can just erect apartment units in it and rent them out, or let the value of the land appreciate overtime then sell it off.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Olalan(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Like some said you could put us structures up there for rent and build your personal house elsewhere to maintain respect

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by SifonAbasi(f): 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2018
Obalegend:
I got a cheap land close to my wife's family house and I wish to erect my residential building there but have been worried about my privacy and my wife's family constant intervention in the future. Advise me, please.

If your privacy is important, don't build there.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Exponental(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2018
"Familiarity breeds contempt!" I hope you understand that!! But if you don't intend living there, go ahead.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by baby124: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
Do whatever pleases you in your marriage as long as it doesn’t hurt the other person. Stop asking for strangers opinion on your marriage.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by Jaradz: 3:23am On Oct 19, 2018
Don't
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by greatcrown: 6:12am On Oct 19, 2018
There are advantages and disadvantages.

You should weigh the options.

First, it has to do with the family. If they are the understanding and matured type they will always respect your privacy and no one will intrude.

Secondly their closeness to the land may safe you some headache during your building construction.

Thirdly while residing in the house your wife will have a more convenient place to send the kids in the event that both of you may need to go places together.

I am not seeing this as the only building you will have and as such in the event situation warrant you moving far in the future then you can always move and do whatever you and your wife decide to do with this building.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by frozen70(f): 2:03am On Oct 21, 2018
It's never a good idea no matter how cheap the land is

They will invade you and your family and end up knowing you plans

You might not have a say in your home again and you won't uproot the house to another place

Go else where far from them to get a land and be the boss
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by RSAV: 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2018
The house will be an extension of your wife's family house.
Re: Is It A Good Idea If I Build A House Close To My Wife's Family House? by stubbornman(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
Now you've gotten a cheap land and about to make a cheap and terrible mistake, don't come back here and start crying that your wife's family is invading your privacy ohhhh.... I'll personally report you to the Mods for immediate BAN (Indefinite).

Look for a not very cheap land far from them and buy , even though the difference in price is 300k.

(1) (Reply)

Color Personality : What Your Favorite Color Says About You / Looking for some advice for helping my Yoruba family / Is It Possible For Parents To Love All Their Children Equally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.