Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,818 members, 7,798,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (44466 Views)

2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023 Presidency: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Ticks All The Boxes / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
salford1:

Not true. I can count so many kwarans that can't stand that man.

U dreaming.....

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by 007inc: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Counter his points or you should shut up
You too Shut up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
mightguy:
Nonsense. It is this kind of posts that reach fp... While others are sidelined... Nairaland and itz hypocritical mods
It is nonsense to you because you hate seeing and hearing plain truth.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Caseless: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2018

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party.
no region believes in such cheap propaganda and lies, but in a region where you have dunderheads in the majority.

5 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
007inc:

You too Shut up!
No counter, na insult remain.
Very predictable

4 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by MakeNigeriaGrea: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
4601CE:
Read this write up to cure your foolishness .
I know I wouldn’t see you on the thread so I’m helping you
I was in that thread,so shut up.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by michlins(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
They would roast and skin him alive

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by safarigirl(f): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:
[b]

For the bolded i dont know and dont want to know. If you have statistics to back it up do well to provide it.

A group of boys were going to the field to play, he came accross a mango tree and on top of the mango tree is a ripe nice and delicious looking mango, this mango enticed them so much that they started using stones to bring it down from the height it is. They tried this for many hours but could not. One of them said to the other, "I think that mango up there is sour, so wont be sweet" the other boy agreed with him and they walked away without feeling bad
so, will any Igbo man die because there is no Igbo President?

Just answer this simple question, how will Igbo Presidency help the average Igbo man? How has Northern Lresidency helped the average Northerner? Or Yoruba presidency helped the average Yoruba man?

What is the poverty index of each region? Of what use is the presidency to a people already thriving despite the bad hand they have been dealt repeatedly?

If you have stayed in the South East for even a month, you would realise the folly in this your writr-up. You are writing from a place of ignorance and you have only addressed Yoruba's and Northerners who will come and hail you because they are also ignorant. You have not addressed any South Easterner. They don't give a hoot about your Presidency. I learnt that a while ago, you should learn it too.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by mightguy(m): 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
I don't ave time for a zombie like u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by edupedia: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
Apart from Rochas, all Igbos love Saraki and are ready to vote for him

I'm a Yoruba and I will as well vote for him

That's my decision and it is best known to me

Best known to me alone

...well done we dont want to know...keep taking your codeine...we dont want to know why either.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:

Just know that you can only brainwash your kind.

How does Igbo presidency benefit an Igbo man in the market?

Igbos are not interested in any presidency stop spreading rubbish.

Politicians do not care for the man in the market just themselves and families.

You can continue to collect 30k and post rubbish online.

Your future generation will pay for your foolishness

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by PapalsBull(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
[s]
bedspread:
COMPLETE THRASH......
Whenever the Igbos will produce president, the Major Political parties will put out an Igbo man..

Any other talk is Stories....

1999- PDP (Obj) AD( Falae)
2007- PDP( Yaradua) Anpp(Buhari )

If not that Yaradua died and GEJ took over..
The north would hv finished their turn now..

2019- the 2 Major are likely to pull out Northerners..

[/s]

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alexk2:
Truth at it's peak for all south eastherners and I wish for the sake of the future, they listen this time and play a more pragmatic politics that'll earn them there pride. The old propaganda method and feeling of entitlement for what you never worked for is stale and inconsequential in Nigeria politics. Stop putting your eggs in one basket...enough said.

Name one thing an Igbo president will do for the Igbo man selling spare parts at onitcha or shut up for life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by gurnam: 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.

REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone?
Is it an appeasement or a gift?

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

Yoruba man! Leave us alone, we don’t want nigeria Presidency! We want restructuring

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by PapalsBull(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
[s]
Juliusmalema:

I don't reply mixed blood or I was born and I die in lagos....

I reply full breed of igbos....igbo bu igbo.
[/s]
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by origima: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2018
[quote author=bedspread post=70600873][s][/s]COMPLETE THRASH......
Whenever the Igbos will produce president, the Major Political parties will put out an Igbo man..

Most people are on drugs and there opinions are drug oriented
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by shegzy30: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Kwarans love saraki so much....

But they hate that lying mantis lai mohammed.
bros, stop deceiving urself. which kwarans love saraki? I lives in Ilorin and I can school you on so many things you didn't know about him. kwarans love saraki my foot!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by gurnam: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
All this non entities born and brought up in the south was te with absolutely no knowledge of anything igbo will come here to write shi*t.

This con3 is messed up, I can't wait to leave this hellhole.

Truth is bitter in your mouth grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by positivethought: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.

REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala
very simple,let the Igbo's ask APC to be categorical n promised the Igbo's the presidency in 2023 n let's see what will be the response!.

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by mildflame: 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2018
The PROBLEM of the IBO man is the IBO MAN himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Modarun(m): 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
bedspread:
[s][/s]COMPLETE THRASH......

Thank you bro. this write up is for APC zombies to console themselves. They think we are stupid, they think we are foolish enough to believe Tinubu loves Ndigbo more than they love themselves, they think we are naive enough to believe Tinubu who is desperate enough to propose a Muslim/muslim ticket in 2014, will stand aside and allow an Igbo man take the ticket in APC? We the Igbos dnt need any idiat to tell us what to do or which party to support. Atleast the Middle belt and the South South now know who their true enemies are, definatley not the Igbos.
Buharist and those who dont want to see us gain anything are using their media dogs to give their Zombies something to talk about.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by afoz: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
You are the one dreaming right now.
true talk my brother

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by webizone(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
Joevics:
The Op is a stupid slowspoke and definitely not an Igbo. Maybe an Ibo.
Go to south east and tell them this, maybe they would listen.
So, the south east should vote for buhari because they want 2023 presidency?
So he can continue killing them in the name of python dance?
So they can continue frustrating Igbo entrepreneurs?

The same Buhari that swiftly proscribed IPOB, when other countries see them as a social group, but refused to proscribe Fulani herdsmen, who are ranked third mosr deadly terrorist group?

Op, if you are Igbo, check well, yoi are a bastard, like Okoroawusa and his likes.
See finishing!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
safarigirl:
so, will any Igbo man die because there is no Igbo President?

Just answer this simple question, how will Igbo Presidency help the average Igbo man? How has Northern Lresidency helped the average Northerner? Or Yoruba presidency helped the average Yoruba man?

What is the poverty index of each region? Of what use is the presidency to a people already thriving despite the bad hand they have been dealt repeatedly?

If you have stayed in the South East for even a month, you would realise the folly in this your writr-up. You are writing from a place of ignorance and you have only addressed Yoruba's and Northerners who will come and hail you because they are also ignorant. You have not addressed any South Easterner. They don't give a hoot about your Presidency. I learnt that a while ago, you should learn it too.

What you are talking is trash. If you dont want igbo presidency, there are people, igbo politicians who need it. Dont use your rubbish reggae spoil their blues. With this your mindset and senseless politics of hate nobody will want to associate with igbos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by BeijinDossier: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Damage control.

I had rather believe Saraki than this rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2018
Wow!
This is deep!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

REWIND TO 2014.

On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

I really don't understand some of you. an't you support a plitial party and their candidates in peace? Why must you involve on in your political partisanship. Yes, the Igbos were neither given the presidency or vice-presidency under the PDP and that is because there is a deliberate interest to keep Igbos down politically and it is not a party issue. Having said that, under PDP, we had the Senate presidency, an Inspector general of Police, The head of Army etc. Tell me what this APC Buhari government have done for Igbos that gives you the inclination that they would support an Igbo president in 2023. if you believe that Buhari will hand over to an Igbo man in 2023, then you are not as smart as you may think.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
positivethought:
very simple,let the Igbo's ask APC to be categorical n promised the Igbo's the presidency in 2023 n let's see what will be the response!.

Nobody will give you such promise, you have to earn it. You refused every overtures from APC when the party is being formed, now you want an express promise. No way. Show commitment and get the ticket through the right politicking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by contigiency(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
Truth is always bitter. But it most be told so that the very few who appreciate it will make use of it. The points raised above are the truths which the few beneficiaries of PDP looting don't want to hear.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by africanusvu(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
OK.accepted that we voted wrongly in 2015.now.APC is there.wat have they ever done to woo Igbo's.wat have they done for us to buy our love.those who voted APC have well av they been positioned. Wat do an Igbo APC agent got to present to his fellow Igbo's to make them go for APC.ways that thing PDP failed to achieve that APC av achieved

5 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
mightguy:
I don't ave time for a zombie like u.
See this one
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Afamed: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Kwarans love saraki so much....

But they hate that lying mantis lai mohammed.
don't let Saraki play you like a flute.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results / N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly / Biafra: Kanu Drags Buhari To ECOWAS Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.