Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444045 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaboyeh(m): 12:41pm On May 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Smoke.
Grinding noises.
Loss of power.

Pls in the light of failing engine pls what does a knocking sound in the engine signify...even though owner has been driving it like that for a while...an elantra 08..not so sound sha

Cc: nurey
Heavenlybang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gremp(m): 2:52pm On May 21, 2020
nurey:

not street legal anyway grin

Lol, it'll most likely have a turning circle of a train grin.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dbass2020: 10:07am On May 22, 2020
Car bosses please I need a review on 2008 Nissan Versa
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2020
Dbass2020:
Car bosses please I need a review on 2008 Nissan Versa

Versa = Tiida

Buy only Tokunbo, but generally speaking I fear that engine and the CVT
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2020
nurey:

Versa = Tiida

What are your thoughts on Hyundai Genesis brand? The G80 is interesting.

cc heavenlybang
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lekbel09(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2020
Senior men in da House, please how much should I offer for a Volkswagen Bora 2001 that's converted

Cc: Gazzuz,nurey,ikenna351, motorGuru, heavenlybang and any other senior man
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:52pm On May 22, 2020
lekbel09:
Senior men in da House, please how much should I offer for a Volkswagen Bora 2001 that's converted

Cc: Gazzuz,nurey,ikenna351, motorGuru, heavenlybang and any other senior man

When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin him dey find palava he dey find, palava he go get oooooo.

my brother when you see converted VW dissolve immediately don't run or Japa, just dissolve from there grin

8 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:55pm On May 22, 2020
drakeskull:

cc heavenlybang
it's a flagship killer. I would buy it if I can afford it

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
nurey:

Versa = Tiida

There are three options actually: CVT, Conventional A/T, and Manual Transmission.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:26pm On May 22, 2020
Costee:

There are three options actually: CVT, Conventional A/T, and Manual Transmission.

More CVT fitted transmission for Versa while Tiida has more Auto.

Versa was badged majorly in US and NA

Tiida majorly Asian market
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 22, 2020
nurey:

More CVT fitted transmission for Versa while Tiida has more Auto.

Versa was badged majorly in US and NA

Tiida majorly Asian market
The Versa (C11X/SC11X) has the three options.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lekbel09(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2020
nurey:

When trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin him dey find palava he dey find, palava he go get oooooo.

my brother when you see converted VW dissolve immediately don't run or Japa, just dissolve from there grin
Thanks baba
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:49pm On May 23, 2020
drakeskull:

cc heavenlybang

Great car. Genesis is doing excellent work these days, I'd place them right under Lexus and above Acura/Infiniti.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2020
radautoworks:
Heavenlybang, nurey, lexini, somebody is calling you o grin

https://www.ladbible.com/news/sport-honda-civic-breaks-record-by-going-from-0-to-60mph-in-11-seconds-20200518

Meh, all these drag cars are just pissing contests.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TRIPLEJAY1: 10:10pm On May 23, 2020
pls guru in the house I want to get Hyundai Elantra 2013 or 2014 am I good to go?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:45pm On May 23, 2020
TRIPLEJAY1:
pls guru in the house I want to get Hyundai Elantra 2013 or 2014 am I good to go?

Get the 2015 toks and thank me later.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BarrSly: 3:24pm On May 24, 2020
Good day bosses I would need a review on the 8th generation of Honda Accord (2008-2012) Honda Accord....Which is the perfect year to buy? Reliability, chains and availability of parts, fuel efficiency...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thaqib(m): 4:02pm On May 24, 2020
I am considering Toyota Highlander 06 with V6 engine. People talk about high fuel consumption in V6 vehicles.. I have a friend using V6 Camry car and was maintaining it
My question is does a V6 engine Jeep consume more fuel( I will b doing a lot of hold up , on d island), than a V6 car?
U get my question sir...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
BarrSly:
Good day bosses I would need a review on the 8th generation of Honda Accord (2008-2012) Honda Accord....Which is the perfect year to buy? Reliability, chains and availability of parts, fuel efficiency...

Good vehicle any year you can afford. But advice able to stay away from 2.0L engine of the Accord parts not common. stick with the 2.4 and V6 less wahala and complications.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2020
thaqib:
I am considering Toyota Highlander 06 with V6 engine. People talk about high fuel consumption in V6 vehicles.. I have a friend using V6 Camry car and was maintaining it
My question is does a V6 engine Jeep consume more fuel( I will b doing a lot of hold up , on d island), than a V6 car?
U get my question sir...

if you are not buying the Highlander for the 3rd row seat and the cargo space maybe you should focus on the RAV4 instead

but I believe the Highlander should do 13 to 15L per 100km in city driving if still in good condition
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BarrSly: 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
nurey:

Good vehicle any year you can afford. But advice able to stay away from 2.0L engine of the Accord parts not common. stick with the 2.4 and V6 less wahala and complications.

Oh so the i4 version doesn’t have common parts?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2020
BarrSly:

Oh so the i4 version doesn’t have common parts?
there are 2 4cylinder engines
the 2.0L and 2.4L, it's is better to stick with the 2.4L 4cylibfer engine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by TRIPLEJAY1: 7:25pm On May 24, 2020
Philadelphia:

Get the 2015 toks and thank me later.

give me contacts of reliable dealer pls
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Great car. Genesis is doing excellent work these days, I'd place them right under Lexus and above Acura/Infiniti.

With the 2019/2020 3 series, BMW has repositioned the 3, I believe the IS and the 3 are no longer in the same market segment. The GS is a more compatible comparison in size and price rather than an IS. I heard Lexus is also discontinuing the GS.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:13pm On May 24, 2020
drakeskull:

With the 2019/2020 3 series, BMW has repositioned the 3, I believe the IS and the 3 are no longer in the same market segment. The GS is a more compatible comparison in size and price rather than an IS. I heard Lexus is also discontinuing the GS.

The 3 was always bigger than the IS, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 2:06am On May 25, 2020
TRIPLEJAY1:

give me contacts of reliable dealer pls

I don't really know any but you can talk with Calculusx.
Also, it seems Amdman is making waves in his corner. However, do your due diligence and proceed with caution.

You can send me updates if you wish.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dramonas: 6:48am On May 25, 2020
I have a budget of 2.5m to get a car, what are my best options?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:56am On May 25, 2020
Dramonas:
I have a budget of 2.5m to get a car, what are my best options?

SUV vs sedan? What do you prioritize?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dramonas: 8:04am On May 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

SUV vs sedan? What do you prioritize?
sedan
Durability
Maintenance cost
Fuel consumption
A little bit of luxury
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:07am On May 25, 2020
Dramonas:

sedan
Durability
Maintenance cost
Fuel consumption
A little bit of luxury

2009 Acura TSX with the four cylinder.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dramonas: 12:04pm On May 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

2009 Acura TSX with the four cylinder.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I saw that the TSX will require premium fuel.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:04pm On May 25, 2020
Dramonas:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I saw that the TSX will require premium fuel.

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/5750/acura/tsx/acura-tsx-premium-fuel-required

You'll be fine.

If you don't want that, get the V6 which is the same engine on the Honda Accord V6.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.