Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (443856 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:38am On Jul 28, 2020
God bless you nurey, you have been super helpful to all on this thread, even more than the creator of the thread self... Keep shining boss
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 132KVA: 2:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thanks for the response bro. But hope the price difference in the parts of both SUVs is not very significant. Could you pls give some price example of some parts in both SUV so that I weigh the difference.
As for the fuel economy, that's not an issue for me.
Cc
Foolbuster, nurey, heavenlybang & ksmart07

foolbuster:

- Reliability: both are very reliable.

- Availability of Parts: parts are readily available for both but the GX parts are more expensive.

- Cheaper to maintain: hands down highlander

- Ruggedness: both are rugged but the GX can tolerate more abuse.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 11:47am On Jul 30, 2020
Good morning house
I will like to know the difference between corolla 06 and 08

I will also like to know general stuff abt corolla 08 the problem associated with it and the good side.... M newbie on car
So anybody can just enlighten me a bit
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
BoboKush:
Good morning house

I will also like to know general stuff abt corolla 08 the problem associated with it and the good side.... M newbie on car

buy any they are ok. But if you can get pictures better some 03 to 07 model years were also produced in 08. But generally later years are supposed to be improvement on earlier years

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
nurey:

buy any they are ok. But if you can get pictures better some 03 to 07 model years were also produced in 08. But generally later years are supposed to be improvement on earlier years

Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
nurey:

Do u av price idea of clearance in Nigeria port for corolla 08
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
BoboKush:

You go see price idea for oliverjiad page

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
BoboKush:

Cc oliverjiad

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
BoboKush:
Good morning house

Toyota corollas are basic economy cars, not much problem with the car, it is a good starter car.

From 03 to 08 are basically same experience, as for me I will rather buy a cheaper 05, than spend higher for an 08 due to the higher custom price.

You are in good hands with anyone of the model.

All the best bro

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
BoboKush:

No sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
nurey:

No sir

Ok sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
dicksonadams:

Toyota corollas are basic economy cars, not much problem with the car, it is a good starter car.

From 03 to 08 are basically same experience, as for me I will rather buy a cheaper 05, than spend higher for an 08 due to the higher custom price.

You are in good hands with anyone of the model.

All the best bro

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BoboKush(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
dicksonadams:

You go see price idea for oliverjiad page

Thanks... Lemme search the name
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
Is Honda crv 2006 a good car in therms or reliability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
nonhuman:
Is Honda crv 2006 a good car in therms or reliability

Yes, i have a tokunbo for 1.5m firm
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by aejaywhite: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nurey, heavenlybang....
Is Honda crosstour 2010 a good buy? What should I look out for?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tukopy: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Good evening Fam.
Please assist me make a decision.
I'm in between buying a neat Nigerian used 2005/2006 lexus rx330, and buying a toks 2007/2008 Volvo Xc90.

1. Availability of parts/Cost of maintenance
2. Durability
3. Ruggedity
4. Power
5. Reliability

This is my first car and wouldn't want to be visiting a mechanic workshop anytime soon
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by valarinz: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2020
tukopy:
Good evening Fam.
Please assist me make a decision.
I'm in between buying a neat Nigerian used 2005/2006 lexus rx330, and buying a toks 2007/2008 Volvo Xc90.

1. Availability of parts/Cost of maintenance
2. Durability
3. Ruggedity
4. Power
5. Reliability

This is my first car and wouldn't want to be visiting a mechanic workshop anytime soon

If you buy any of both choices, i doubt you'll be visiting any Mechanic workshop soon, unless you got a defective unit.

My obvious choice though : 08 XC90

Except you're staying at some not too popular states

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:59am On Aug 01, 2020
aejaywhite:
Nurey, heavenlybang.... Is Honda crosstour 2010 a good buy? What should I look out for?
yes it's a good buy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by b3llo(m): 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
My Bosses in the house good afternoon. I trust una enjoy una public holiday.

The main tori be say; Am upgrading from a Peugeot 307 (ew10) to either a Mercedes Benz C240 2006 or a Toyota Camry 2008 model. Please I need your guidance so that I can make a better choice.

What does "kompressor" mean on Benz?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
b3llo:

The main tori be say; Am upgrading from a Peugeot 307 (ew10) to either a Mercedes Benz C240 2006 or a Toyota Camry 2008 model. Please I need your guidance so that I can make a better choice.

that C240 i believe is the M112 2.6L V6 vs the Camry 2.4L i4 and 3.5L V6.

The kompressor in Benz means the engine was turbo charged.

fuel economy i4 Camry the V6 of both models have almost identical fuel economy but I have a feeling the Benz has an edge but the HP that m112 is packing is nothing to write home about.

The V6 in the Camry is the best engine among the 3, it would last as long as it doesn't overheat. The m112 is the cheapest of the engine.

Camry and armed robbers, car vandals, SARS they are like 1 and 2.

Also 05 to 07 no C240 you should focus on C280 with the M272 engine

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
nurey:

fuel economy i4 Camry the V6 of both models have almost identical fuel economy but I have a feeling the Benz has an edge but the HP that m112 is packing is nothing to write home about.

The V6 in the Camry is the best engine among the 3, it would last as long as it doesn't overheat. The m112 is the cheapest of the engine.

C240 ended in 05. So, there's C240 for that year.
The C240 was replaced by the C280 in 2006 while the C320 was replaced by the C350 in 2006.
Subsequently, the C300 replaced the C280 in 2008 in the W204 while the C350 continued in the W204.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
nurey:

Kompressor means supercharger.

Early C230 and C280 had balance shaft issues, ensure it has been fixed. I think it shows on a scan.

b3llo:

Buy a 2005 C320.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
nurey:

The kompressor in Benz means the engine was turbo charged Supercharged.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by leTrizzle: 12:34am On Aug 08, 2020
Please house I would like to know about Honda city, the 09/010 model to be precise. Common issues or what to expect. I was thinking of the 07 corolla but someone said I should get the city instead.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 8:13am On Aug 08, 2020
leTrizzle:
Please house I would like to know about Honda city, the 09/010 model to be precise. Common issues or what to expect. I was thinking of the 07 corolla but someone said I should get the city instead.
They are either manual or cvt transmission most are also bought brand new here. It's a car made for emerging economies. I'd suggest you do a Civic over that city except you just love it.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Sparkle29: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2020
Guys please what car is best between Lexus ES 350 or Toyota Camry muscle sport!... which is more fuel economical and smoother to drive plus what issues should I be expecting from each!... really finding it hard to make a choice between the two cars!...thanks y’all as you reply
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mandalorian: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2020
hey guys, I've decided not to join the corolla geng grin . As I stated earlier on this thread that I've got my eyes on Civic 2.0 as it ticks most of the boxes for me. I plan to pick one 2008 Civic 2.0 I saw on Jiji at the end of the month, that is if the car is not sold by then and the car passes comprehensive vin check and mechanic check.

However, I tried running a preliminary vin check but I was told the vin is invalid. Guys please help me with the preliminary vin check. my boss nurey, kingreign and all the bosses in the house please help me not to make the wrong decision.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BarrSly: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
If you Want to save fuel buy Camry (i4 not v6) if you want to be respected when you pull up in the hood buy Lexus. I was faced with this same option but for an Is250 and I went for it!

Camry problem’s uhhh oil burning for sure (07-09 & probably 10) sticky dashboard.

Lexus problem uhhhhh can’t really think now ohhh sticky dashboard and peeling steering control buttons... but hey, it’s a Lexus get a dashboard cover and zoom off!!

Sparkle29:
Guys please what car is best between Lexus ES 350 or Toyota Camry muscle sport!... which is more fuel economical and smoother to drive plus what issues should I be expecting from each!... really finding it hard to make a choice between the two cars!...thanks y’all as you reply

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelysexy: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Good day all,which make and model of a nigerian used SUV can I get for less than 750k considering the fact that we have very bad road network in nigeria
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lovelysexy:
Good day all,which make and model of a nigerian used SUV can I get for less than 750k considering the fact that we have very bad road network in nigeria

Nissan Xterra.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by leTrizzle: 1:45am On Aug 09, 2020
kingreign:

They are either manual or cvt transmission most are also bought brand new here. It's a car made for emerging economies. I'd suggest you do a Civic over that city except you just love it.
Thanks bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.