Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (443837 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ospreywin(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
Jamal64:
I just got a C300 and I will like to know what I need to do first off on the car before driving.

Do I need to change the oil and other stuffs?
What is the recommended oil for servicing and so many other input will help
Have you done the registration. If no, contact me via my signature
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kelvinzino: 4:13am On Jun 24, 2021
tsiriman:
Thinking of getting a benz in the next few months, a car I hope to use for 2 but not more than 3 years.
Which of this should I get?

2013 W204 C300/350
Or
2015 W205 C300

I hear alot of engine issues with the W205 that's why I was considering a step down to the 3.5L V6 on the W204.

Is it compulsory to use octane booster on both models considering they require premium fuel?

Sir
Good morning
Noticed you were using a very good car accord 2016. Cvt,. Pls why do you want to change to a c class. Pls lets knw your reasons pls.
And for d benz u want to go for, i would advice u go for w212 facelift 2014 to 2016 . 7speed and a very gud fuel economy benz spent 1billion euros on d engineering of d face lift.everytin about it is perfect

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
kelvinzino:

Sir
Good morning
Noticed you were using a very good car accord 2016. Cvt,. Pls why do you want to change to a c class. Pls lets knw your reasons pls.
And for d benz u want to go for, i would advice u go for w212 facelift 2014 to 2016 . 7speed and a very gud fuel economy benz spent 1billion dollars on d engineering of d face lift.everytin about it is perfect
In the screenshot, it states 'close to 1 billion Euros'.
Pls do the needful. Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kewtt: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
kingreign:

Izz dat all?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Kewtt:

Izz dat all?
No.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
I think he converted the Euros to Dollars.

kingreign:

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ekakamba:
I think he converted the Euros to Dollars.

How can one do such conversations without having an actual figure?
You self see am na grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
kingreign:

How can one do such conversations without having an actual figure?
You self see am na grin cheesy cheesy

You just like fight normally.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kewtt: 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

You just like fight normally.
Seeing maturity appear in you is pleasant
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kelvinzino: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
kingreign:

Have done the correction sir.
I knew there was a mistake there.
At least you could have looked at great upgrade they made
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
kelvinzino:

Have done the correction sir.
I knew there was a mistake there.
At least you could have looked at great upgrade they made
The upgrades they made could be made by any other car manufacturer with less noise and drama.

Let's look at a 2003/4 camry vs 2005/6 camry.

Different head and tail lamps, different grille, different front bumper, different fabric upholstery, different steering, slightly different dash, ABS standard, side curtain airbag standard, 5sp auto, lower NVH levels, stiffer chassis.

Same happened in camry 2007/9-2010/11 camry.
Different head and tail lamps, better dash which is more resistant to crack and melting, 2.5L, 6sp auto, different grille, different front bumper, redesigned SRS system, redesigned carpet, lower NVH levels, stiffer chassis.

So what has benz done in W212 that is different from these up there?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tsiriman(m): 12:11am On Jun 25, 2021
kelvinzino:

Sir
Good morning
And for d benz u want to go for, i would advice u go for w212 facelift 2014 to 2016 . 7speed and a very gud fuel economy benz spent 1billion euros on d engineering of d face lift.everytin about it is perfect

Hello good evening,

My wife is now using the 2016 accord, it is still a very good car with no issue as it was accident free and a single owner with low miles carfax verified.
No plan to get rid of the honda atleast for the next few years. I am a Honda accord person, have had 2002, 2008, 2013 and now 2016 but I just want to try something.
I initially wanted the 2015-2016 C300 but I gather that particular engine is a mistake and the C300 which is a V6 is too expensive for the price I am willing to pay, that was why I decided to step down to the 2013-2014 C300 or C350.

I think the engine in the 2013 C300 is same engine in the C350, W212, GLK, just that the one in the C300 was slightly detuned from the 302hp.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2021
tsiriman:

Hello good evening,

My wife is now using the 2016 accord, it is still a very good car with no issue as it was accident free and a single owner with low miles carfax verified.
No plan to get rid of the honda atleast for the next few years. I am a Honda accord person, have had 2002, 2008, 2013 and now 2016 but I just want to try something.
I initially wanted the 2015-2016 C300 but I gather that particular engine is a mistake and the C300 which is a V6 is too expensive for the price I am willing to pay, that was why I decided to step down to the 2013-2014 C300 or C350.

I think the engine in the 2013 C300 is same engine in the C350, W212, GLK, just that the one in the C300 was slightly detuned from the 302hp.
Yes.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2021
Good Afternoon. Please is Kia Rio/Hyundai Accent 2003-2008 a good car.
Is it economical? Maintenance?
Finally, How much is the complete engine? And complete gear incase of unforseen
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2021
Lovelynife:
Good Afternoon. Please is Kia Rio/Hyundai Accent 2003-2008 a good car.
Is it economical? Maintenance?
Finally, How much is the complete engine? And complete gear incase of unforseen

Yes good vehicle, fuel efficient. But careful with those bought new in Nigeria without the normal temperature gauge but rather a blue and red light temp warning.

Engines are expensive now but the engine in the brand new unit for naija market can easily be rebuilt if faulty.

Gear price unknown asni used manual gear variant and they rarely give issues.

Buy Rio because it has the rack and pinion set of steering Accent came with Electronic power steering and expensive unit to replace and yes with our jaga jaga road it get spoilt often.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

Yes good vehicle, fuel efficient. But careful with those bought new in Nigeria without the normal temperature gauge but rather a blue and red light temp warning.

Engines are expensive now but the engine in the brand new unit for naija market can easily be rebuilt if faulty.

Buy Rio because it has the rack and pinion set of steering Accent came with Electronic power steering and expensive unit to replace and yes with our jaga jaga road it get spoilt often.
Thanks so much for the advice.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2021
nurey:

Considering the Kia Rio because of maintenance and fuel but scared/afraid of high cost of engine like 280k(incase of unforseen) compare to some Honda/Toyota that there engine can be easily gotten with 150-180k
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Sniper4real(m): 5:15am On Jun 27, 2021
Morning bosses. Happy new week. Our heartfelt desires shall be met by God's grace.

Please, if you get car in your compound that's somehow useless. Please lease it out for me to use as uber/taxify.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Sniper4real(m): 5:16am On Jun 27, 2021
And if you need to buy a car or cars. Let me be your plug.
It'll be delivered anywhere you're.

Lexus Es 350 2007. 4.4m,
Lexus Es 330 2003. 2.5m,
Honda crosstour(accord). 3.5m, Lexus es350 2008. 4.5m

Check here for their pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/remember1313
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:17am On Jun 27, 2021
Lovelynife:

Considering the Kia Rio because of maintenance and fuel but scared/afraid of high cost of engine like 280k(incase of unforseen) compare to some Honda/Toyota that there engine can be easily gotten with 150-180k

Then buy a Honda or Toyota or better still look for Nissan Almera, Sunny, primera or Sentra less than 07 model years and buy, Nissan engines aren't expensive and those years too are reliable especially the Sentra.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Lovelynife(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
nurey:

Then buy a Honda or Toyota or better still look for Nissan Almera, Sunny, primera or Sentra less than 07 model years and buy, Nissan engines aren't expensive and those years too are reliable especially the Sentra.
Thanks so much for the timely response.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dremca(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Good evening all. Please how fuel and reliable are honda civic and Ford escape.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by FineUsername(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2021
Dremca:

Can vouch for Civic in fuel economy and reliability.

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dremca:
you want the civic
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kewtt: 4:32pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dremca:
No basis for comparison. Civic is it.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mojounited(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Good evening Gurus,

I'd love a good review and piece of advice on which vehicle to go for - a 2014 Toyota Corolla SE or a 2014 Toyota Avensis.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2021
mojounited:
Good evening Gurus,

I'd love a good review and piece of advice on which vehicle to go for - a 2014 Toyota Corolla SE or a 2014 Toyota Avensis.

why not go for a Honda accord of the same year?

Pure heaven

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mojounited(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
OfficialDJ:
Thanks @OfficialDJ. I am considering a Nigerian Used one but yet to see any 2013/2014 Accord that falls within my budget... So I'm left to go for the Corolla vs the Avensis (both are very neatly used but the Corolla is a tad more expensive by about 200k).
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mojounited(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2021
OfficialDJ:

Pure heaven
It is a sleek car bro, na money nor reach grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2021
mojounited:

Thanks @OfficialDJ. I am considering a Nigerian Used one but yet to see any 2013/2014 Accord that falls within my budget... So I'm left to go for the Corolla vs the Avensis (both are very neatly used but the Corolla is a tad more expensive by about 200k).
i see....
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dadabashua1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
mojounited:

from 2013,Honda accord are damn expensive in most cases more than the Camry,but the ride make brain sha
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mojounited(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2021
dadabashua1:
from 2013,Honda accord are damn expensive in most cases more than the Camry,but the ride make brain sha
True, you're spot on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.