Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444185 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2018
HRtechnique:

Lol kilode?

I learnt the Accent is better though.
Very untrue.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tizteezy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
CityNGR:
Toyota wins all three. Never ever listen to dru23 never ever .......
hahahaha
he'll definitely get back to you o
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tizteezy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
What about Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2018
tizteezy:
What about Honda Civic vs Toyota Corolla?

Civic has been better than the Corolla for generations.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2018
nurey:

The civic has a more luxurious feel and better fuel economy to the matrix. especially with the EX trim.

The matrix is more of a utilitarian vehicle with its AWD and hatchback form enabling a huge cargo space especially when the back seat is folded down.

The AWD helps it in traction while the 180hp XRS gives it a formidable speed performance though the civic Si is bae but you will find it hard to come across in Nigeria.

for simplicity fuel economy and build quality the civic is the good choice.

if you want to hurl goods around and own a toyota thieves shy away from the matrix is a good choice.

Happy Sunday to you Oga Nurey....does the above comparison also apply to the 2006-2010 models of the Civic and Matrix?

Also, what's the fundamental difference(s) between the Honda Civic in pictures 1 & 2 and that of pictures 3 & 4?
Any downsides to either or both of them in terms of maintenance, reliability, etc?

I have seen both cars in same year models so I am a bit confused.
Thanks for your time sir!

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:39pm On Oct 28, 2018
olumide4christ:

Happy Sunday to you Oga Nurey....does the above comparison also apply to the 2006-2010 models of the Civic and Matrix?

Also, what's the fundamental difference(s) between the Honda Civic in pictures 1 & 2 and that of pictures 3 & 4?
Any downsides to either or both of them in terms of maintenance, reliability, etc?

I have seen both cars in same year models so I am a bit confused.
Thanks for your time sir!

still same comparism the shape and layout didn't change for those years between both.

The 1 and 2 is North American version of the civic comes into naija as tokunbo

The 3 and 4 is Asian Pacific version comes into nigeria as brand new.

The Asian version of vehicles have been known to be stronger with stringent quality assurance compared to their American counter part. except for the kia and hyundai vehicles grin

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I disagree. But the Mercedes Benz C180 has been better than both since inception.

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
CityNGR:

I disagree. But the Mercedes Benz C180 has been better than both since inception.
Seconded

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:16pm On Oct 28, 2018
CityNGR:

Completely irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Completely irrelevant.
Hehehe you know that's the gospel truth

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
CityNGR:

Hehehe you know that's the gospel truth

Truth they say is like a bitter pill. Simply hard to swallow by those who are sick?
grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
I'm not sure what a Civic or Corolla has to do with a C Class.

Even the CLA is almost twice the price of a Corolla, no shit a C Class will be better.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Even the CLA is almost twice the price of a Corolla, no shit a C Class will be better.

Now you're talking
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by CityNGR: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Welcome back home...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

a subtle reminder.

runs out of thread fast...
really fast

ROFL

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2018

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Unfortunately I agree o .. My 03 civic is so reliable now , that the elantra has a strong competition
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tizteezy(m): 6:49am On Oct 29, 2018
dru23:

Unfortunately I agree o .. My 03 civic is so reliable now , that the elantra has a strong competition

Kinda ambiguous statement there..

Are you praising your Civic 03, or bigging up Elantra
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dru23(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2018
tizteezy:

Kinda ambiguous statement there..

Are you praising your Civic 03, or bigging up Elantra

Bigging up the civic o ... ..but the elantra has a bit of an edge over the civic.... The civic is too low to the ground...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
nurey:

still same comparism the shape and layout didn't change for those years between both.

The Asian version of vehicles have been known to be stronger with stringent quality assurance compared to their American counter part. except for the kia and hyundai vehicles grin

Thanks so much for your explanations sir...now I understand better.
Its a pity one can't get the Asian version as Toks....though I saw someone here on Nairaland (gazmann) marketing that Asian model as Toks...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2018
nurey:

By Chief Gazzuzz, "Vehicle does not age well"

Gives me chills to my bones sad
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2018
olumide4christ:

Its a pity one can't get the Asian version as Toks....though I saw someone here on Nairaland (gazmann) marketing that Asian model as Toks...

you can get as toks but may be rare to come across compared to the American variant
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by gazmann(m): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2018
olumide4christ:

Thanks for your mention Olumide4christ, the civic irobot (Naija nickname) is available from south Korea with mostly premium spec as the market has high specification . Feel free to check on me from time to time I have 2 units on ground currently. It has become the proven Corrola alternate in fuel efficiency and durability
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 6:16pm On Oct 29, 2018
gazmann:

Thanks for your mention Olumide4christ, the civic irobot (Naija nickname) is available from south Korea with mostly premium spec as the market has high specification . Feel free to check on me from time to time I have 2 units on ground currently. It has become the proven Corrola alternate in fuel efficiency and durability

Okay...thanks for the explanation...your comments are well noted!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olumide4christ: 6:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
nurey:

you can get as toks but may be rare to come across compared to the American variant

Thanks Mr. Nurey...have a blessed week ahead!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ablesolomo: 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
Someone should please help me compare Corolla Verso and Almera Tino, which is the most efficient? (Fuel, power, reliability, maintenance, parts, safety).
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
ablesolomo:
Someone should please help me compare Corolla Verso and Almera Tino, which is the most efficient? (Fuel, power, reliability, maintenance, parts, safety).

almera tino sluggish in acceleration

fuel economy both are pretty close

power you are better off with a V6 engine, power and 1.6-2.0L NA engine don't rhyme together.

reliability toyota corolla verso. when nissan start him cam and crank shaft sensor extra ordinary palaver the car dey taya newbie

maintenance in terms of cost nissan parts are cheap and durable, he dey enter porthole commotion without scratch.

parts you will easily get both parts though but that almera body parts cost sha. like bumper, side mirror, lamps etc.

safety depends the corolla can be snatched at gun point. The almera can breakdown at ungodly locations. Though never heard of corolla verso been stollen.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ablesolomo: 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
Please which one can you recommend for first timer? I need more recommendations please
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
ablesolomo:
Please which one can you recommend for first timer? I need more recommendations please

it is like you prefer the almera tino. Just ensure you buy a good specimen and you will be alright.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ablesolomo: 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
nurey:

it is like you prefer the almera tino. Just ensure you buy a good specimen and you will be alright.

No, it is not. I'm a newbie, I just need to choose the best and also work according to my budget. Can 1.3m fly a good Corolla verso please, if not what can you recommend. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2018
ablesolomo:

No, it is not. I'm a newbie, I just need to choose the best and also work according to my budget. Can 1.3m fly a good Corolla verso please, if not what can you recommend. Thanks

my brother man, my sister woman corolla verso is more expensive than ordinary corolla, your budget can only do naija used.

seems you like wagon/estate.

the Honda Civic Europe wagon would have been a really good choice and a perfect fit for your budget but the thing scarce pass good wife.

just tell me what you need in a car let me crack my brain for a befitting choice

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.