Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,860 members, 7,806,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (443775 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

The M56x is a 2011 model year. I did take GS for overall ease of maintenance and use.

Are you insinuating the m56 is problematic?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

Are you insinuating the m56 is problematic?

The M56X isn't problematic, it may have more performance and luxurious finish than the GS, but the UZ Engine, transmission and the GS design is top notch.

Both vehicles are ok, but I would pick the GS over the M56x
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

The GS is more refined, more comfy and more plusher. It's a balance of performance and luxury. The M56 is dialed towards the performance side of the line. It's harsher, more noise intrusion and more vibrations into the cabin.

I dont buy that luxury crap about vibrations and harsher ride quality, at most i think it will be negligible when you compare the two cars.

I mean the GS afterall is also tuned for performance, it is lexus aswer to luxury performance just like the infiniti's M56 and therefore will have a harsh ride quality as well.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 12:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

The M56X isn't problematic, it may have more performance and luxurious finish than the GS, but the UZ Engine, transmission and the GS design is top notch.

I see, but its very hard to ignore all that power, at least for me.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

I see, but its very hard to ignore all that power, at least for me.
With no premium unleaded fuel, don't expect all that power at your disposal
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

With no premium unleaded fuel, don't expect all that power at your disposal

Doesn't really matter. The difference is insignificant. Besides, same applies also to all other luxury brands including the GS.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

I dont buy that luxury crap about vibrations and harsher ride quality, at most i think it will be negligible when you compare the two cars.

I mean the GS afterall is also tuned for performance, it is lexus aswer to luxury performance just like the infiniti's M56 and therefore will have a harsh ride quality as well.
Wrong. Take out time to sit in both, drive both. Get a sound measuring instrument, also, subject both to rough terrain test while taking these measurement.
The Lexus is more quieter, more insulated from vibrations and harshness compared to the infiniti.

Fact!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

The leather in GS is more premium, that of the infiniti has questionable origins.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

Doesn't really matter. The difference is insignificant. Besides, same applies also to all other luxury brands including the GS.

M56x requires premium gasoline

GS recommends premium gasoline.

if you are not careful with the fuel and octane booster that accompanies the M56x you are looking at Engine failure in a short term. But before that, catalyst, oxygen sensor, crank and cam shaft sensor,pinging noise, smoking Engine, before the final nail on the coffin.

But interms of part the Infiniti may be cheaper on your wallet compared to the GS
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

The leather in GS is more premium, that of the infiniti has questionable origins.

Leather is not the only premium. compare the cockpit view of the M vs the GS grin wouldn't you rather handle a M?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

Leather is not the only premium. compare the cockpit view of the M vs the GS grin wouldn't you rather handle a M?
You think blings, plenty buttons and all the gizmos are what makes a car luxurious?

Lol
A Rolls Royce has lesser buttons than a BMW 7Series, Audi A89 and even an Sonderklasse. But the leather and wood is more premium. I'm not here to argue much, go read and research more.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

if you are not careful with the fuel and octane booster that accompanies the M56x you are looking at Engine failure in a short term. But before that, catalyst, oxygen sensor, crank and cam shaft sensor,pinging noise, smoking Engine, before the final nail on the coffin.

[s]But interms of part the Infiniti may be cheaper on your wallet compared to the GS[/s]
Wrong, an average infiniti M sedan part is more expensive than an average Lexus GS.
Do your survey well and stop assuming and presuming blindly.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

Wrong, an average infiniti M sedan part is more expensive than an average Lexus GS.
Do your survey well and stop assuming and presuming blindly.

Not so, those cars share parts with accompany Nissan and other Infiniti, no big deal about that
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

You think blings, plenty buttons and all the gizmos are what makes a car luxurious?

Lol
A Rolls Royce has lesser buttons than a BMW 7Series, Audi A89 and even an Sonderklasse. But the leather and wood is more premium. I'm not here to argue much, go read and research more.

See as you just call Infiniti M bling bling carrying luxurious car, this 2020 Lexus must bow for his master.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

But interms of part the Infiniti may be cheaper on your wallet compared to the GS

Same applies for all luxury brands. They all require premium fuel for optimal performance the GS included. Some manufacturers will say recommend others will say require. How it affects the engine depends on the brand reputation for reliability. For example Infiniti engines will wear down faster than lexus, lexus engines will wear down faster than acuras and so on.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

Wrong. Take out time to sit in both, drive both. Get a sound measuring instrument, also, subject both to rough terrain test while taking these measurement.
The Lexus is more quieter, more insulated from vibrations and harshness compared to the infiniti.

Fact!

I get your point. But it only applies when we really really really want to determine the better car based on comfort. So because in real world everyday driving conditions you cant really tell which is more quieter, less vibrations etc we use instruments to find out.

On a normal day if 10 people randomly test drive both cars the it'll be hard to decide a winner. they'll be evenly divided.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

I get your point. But it only applies when we really really really want to determine the better car based on comfort. So because in real world everyday driving conditions you cant really tell which is more quieter, less vibrations etc we use instruments to find out.

On a normal day if 10 people randomly test drive both cars the it'll be hard to decide a winner. they'll be evenly divided.

The GS is more quite in cabin and road drive than the M, it is a known fact.

I believe you have picked your choice as you have continuously defend the M56x. Welcome to the Nissan/Infiniti family
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by foolbuster: 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
nurey:

The GS is more quite in cabin and road drive than the M, it is a known fact.

I believe you have picked your choice as you have continuously defend the M56x. Welcome to the Nissan/Infiniti family

Ha ha ha... ok the GS it is then.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2020
foolbuster:

You can tell if you're very observant.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Which car would you choose for yourself if you are replacing a Lexus IS350; a 2008 Acura TL Type S, Infiniti G37S Coupe or a 2014 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. All cars will be manual transmissions. I am asking generally, which one would you pick and why?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
king406:
Which car would you choose for yourself if you are replacing a Lexus IS350; a 2008 Acura TL Type S, Infiniti G37S Coupe or a 2014 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. All cars will be manual transmissions. I am asking generally, which one would you pick and why?

Lol, the G and it's not even close.

There's no manual IS350. Even if there were, the G is still much more engaging to drive.
The 08 TL is a generation behind the G.

The Accord V6 Coupe is solid, though. Very solid powertrain, great interior, great looks. Would be my second choice.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, the G and it's not even close.

There's no manual IS350. Even if there were, the G is still much more engaging to drive.
The 08 TL is a generation behind the G.

The Accord V6 Coupe is solid, though. Very solid powertrain, great interior, great looks. Would be my second choice.
my guy! How u dey now? I’m looking to replace the IS, obviously the G is ahead of all the cars i listed. Right now those 3 cars are what i’m looking at, i will also slightly tune them for more power, i’m thinking an aftermarket exhaust and cold air intake. Now here’s my trouble, the accord and acura seem to be more easier to tune, they just need a larger intake manifold and throttle body from a J37 engine, and you’re looking at at least 15-20 more hp. Swap out the exhaust and that could be an extra 20hp. With this setup both the accord and acura will be able to keep up with the G. I love the looks of the TL, it looks more aggressive than the other two.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
king406:
my guy! How u dey now? I’m looking to replace the IS, obviously the G is ahead of all the cars i listed. Right now those 3 cars are what i’m looking at, i will also slightly tune them for more power, i’m thinking an aftermarket exhaust and cold air intake. Now here’s my trouble, the accord and acura seem to be more easier to tune, they just need a larger intake manifold and throttle body from a J37 engine, and you’re looking at at least 15-20 more hp. Swap out the exhaust and that could be an extra 20hp. With this setup both the accord and acura will be able to keep up with the G. I love the looks of the TL, it looks more aggressive than the other two.

Well, at the same time, you can also get 15-20 HP with FBO on the G37. There's a kit by Zmotorsports that raises the car to 400 HP too.

You're also forgetting that there's more to a sports car than just raw power. Can never compare FWD cars to a RWD G. The G has almost 50:50 weight distribution, a much heavier steering, and way tighter handling.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by king406(m): 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Well, at the same time, you can also get 15-20 HP with FBO on the G37. There's a kit by Zmotorsports that raises the car to 400 HP too.

You're also forgetting that there's more to a sports car than just raw power. Can never compare FWD cars to a RWD G. The G has almost 50:50 weight distribution, a much heavier steering, and way tighter handling.
solid points. i’ll consider what you said and keep doing my research, thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 8:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:

For and finish should not even be compared between a Lexus and Infiniti. It's not even close.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by LaExpert: 9:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Good morning

Please I'd like a comparism between 2009 Acura Tsx, 2007 Lexus Is250 and Es350, what I primarily look out for are ease/cost of maintainance, fuel economy and a small touch of luxury.

The car is primarily for daily use within Lagos; Island - mainland, to and fro. You may help rank them for a first time owner, you can also recommend others that tick these boxes outside the stated ones.

Thank you.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2020
LaExpert:
Good morning

Please I'd like a comparism between 2009 Acura Tsx, 2007 Lexus Is250 and Es350, what I primarily look out for are ease/cost of maintainance, fuel economy and a small touch of luxury.

The car is primarily for daily use within Lagos; Island - mainland, to and fro. You may help rank them for a first time owner, you can also recommend others that tick these boxes outside the stated ones.

Thank you.

Acura TSX

A touch of luxury, the 4cylinder is good on gas for the traffic, it's a Behind up Honda Accord, good daily driver and a family car. Doesn't draw unnecessary attention and still reliable.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2020
LaExpert:
Good morning

Thank you.

All of those cars are solid. I'd personally look for a 2010 TSX V6, but that's just me. wink

ES350 will be the most reliable and cheapest to maintain.
IS250 will be the smallest.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dljbd1(m): 10:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Hi guys,
Which year of Honda Civic would you recommend between 2001 and 2010?
A friend needs one for Uber and I need one as a personal car.
We are both considering 9ja used. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2020
dljbd1:
Hi guys,
Which year of Honda Civic would you recommend between 2001 and 2010?
A friend needs one for Uber and I need one as a personal car.
We are both considering 9ja used. Thanks

Anyone his budget can afford, but his priorities should be buying tokunbo than later years naija used. Example better to buy tokunbo 2001 for 5naira than 2010 naija used which he can't ascertain it's maintenance history for 5naira.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by LaExpert: 1:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by LaExpert: 1:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thank you Nurey and HeavenlyBang.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.